Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,955 members, 7,817,805 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:04 PM

Should Muslim Women Be Forced To Take Their Veils Off During A Trial??? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Should Muslim Women Be Forced To Take Their Veils Off During A Trial??? (1370 Views)

Should Muslim Leave Nairaland? / Egypt Cleric 'to Ban Full Veils' / Should Muslim Men Wear Niqabs/veils (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Muslim Women Be Forced To Take Their Veils Off During A Trial??? by Seequadry(m): 11:49pm On Sep 16, 2013
A Muslim woman, standing trial in London, must take off the veil that normally covers her face when she gives evidence.
A British judge said he would offer the woman a screen to shield her from public view while giving evidence but that she had to be seen by him, the jury and lawyers.
She's been on trial accused of intimidating witnesses, and her lawyers argue removing the veil is a breach of her human rights. http:// www.bbc.co.uk/ news/ uk-england-24112 067
Should Muslim women be forced to take their veils off during a trial, and how important is it to see facial expression during a trial?

Re: Should Muslim Women Be Forced To Take Their Veils Off During A Trial??? by Seequadry(m): 11:53pm On Sep 16, 2013
I am a Muslim and i really think Muslim women who wear veils should uncover their faces during a trial because it's important to see facial expression.
Re: Should Muslim Women Be Forced To Take Their Veils Off During A Trial??? by Seequadry(m): 11:54pm On Sep 16, 2013
Seequadry: I am a Muslim and i really think Muslim women who wear veils should uncover their faces during a trial because it's important to see facial expression.

Under these circumstances she should do what's required. Its a court of law not a totally public place. And the law of the land she decided to reside in should be respected
Re: Should Muslim Women Be Forced To Take Their Veils Off During A Trial??? by MEILYN(m): 12:05am On Sep 17, 2013
is this the Muslim section?

MOVED
Re: Should Muslim Women Be Forced To Take Their Veils Off During A Trial??? by ummsulaym(f): 11:26pm On Nov 02, 2013
you must not be a non-muslim to be against nicob.... Worse is some 'muslims' are against hijab, what will those sects(not like an islamic sect o) of muslims now say of nicob Well, one of the answers to your question lies in ur post and that is ''asking her to remove it is a breach of her human rights''... Chikena!
Re: Should Muslim Women Be Forced To Take Their Veils Off During A Trial??? by Logicbwoy: 4:57am On Nov 03, 2013
ummsulaym: you must not be a non-muslim to be against nicob.... Worse is some 'muslims' are against hijab, what will those sects(not like an islamic sect o) of muslims now say of nicob Well, one of the answers to your question lies in ur post and that is ''asking her to remove it is a breach of her human rights''... Chikena!

Wow......in the case of a court case, all muslims I have seen agree on it. The veil should be removed when justice is needed to be served in court. Even your muslim speakers agree on this.

Your Quran has nothing to say on this and so, it is left for a fatwa.

And seriously, please think before you type.

It is a worse human right for justice not to be served than to tell a woman to remove her veil
Re: Should Muslim Women Be Forced To Take Their Veils Off During A Trial??? by ummsulaym(f): 7:37am On Nov 03, 2013
Well, I haven't read or heard of any Islamic ruling for a case like hers... My comment is what I think should be since there are lawyers who are also against it(more like her face mustn't be uncovered after all)... Even if there are fatwas that say she can, it's not that easy for the nocobi to just take it off like that... You wont understand this but the feeling is like you being asked to appear unclad, head to feet before crowd...
Well, Allah knows best
Re: Should Muslim Women Be Forced To Take Their Veils Off During A Trial??? by Logicbwoy: 3:48am On Nov 04, 2013
ummsulaym: Well, I haven't read or heard of any Islamic ruling for a case like hers... My comment is what I think should be since there are lawyers who are also against it(more like her face mustn't be uncovered after all)... Even if there are fatwas that say she can, it's not that easy for the nocobi to just take it off like that... You wont understand this but the feeling is like you being asked to appear unclad, head to feet before crowd...
Well, Allah knows best

This is what happens when people live in isolation from others. When you live with non-muslims in the West, you will see the difference in applying secular laws to religion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWbd3rFgey0
Re: Should Muslim Women Be Forced To Take Their Veils Off During A Trial??? by ummsulaym(f): 6:00am On Nov 04, 2013
Logicbwoy:

This is what happens when people live in isolation from others. When you live with non-muslims in the West, you will see the difference in applying secular laws to religion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWbd3rFgey0

couldn't watch that cuz am on mobile, presently(will do, later)... Should I say thanks for the lecture or thanks for the advice... Guess I will have to start searching for non-muslims to live with(as if I don't have them around) so that I can learn and know the difference in applying secular laws to religion(since you sounded like, all am familiar with is the sharia)... If familiarity with 'secular' law is enough to justify Niqob removal, guess no lawyer would have been against it or aren't they familiar with it?
After watching that, if it's beneficial, I will come back to say thanks and if it's not, I say, meet you again on another thread...

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

A Letter From Your Muslim Brother / Alhamdullilah / Is It Bad For Muslim Girl Yo Wear Trouser

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.