Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,946 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

Excitement As Obiano Kicks Off Campaign - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Excitement As Obiano Kicks Off Campaign (1009 Views)

Anambra Cashless As Obiano Launches POS For IGR Collection / Excitement As Rotimi Amaechi Arrives National Assembly (see Photos) / Jonathan Kicks Off Campaign In Lagos Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Excitement As Obiano Kicks Off Campaign by memud6: 4:17am On Sep 17, 2013
Excitement is almost palpable in Anambra State as candidate of the All Progressive Grand Alliance (APGA), Chief Willie Obiano, flags off his governorship campaign. The exercise is billed to commence today in Awka, the capital.
Obianao’s emergence on the scene, according to political analysts in Anambra State, has further raised the bar. Watchers of political events in Anambra believe that the contest is essentially a two-horse race between the ex-banker and Senator Chris Ngige. Not much is expected of other candidates, they argue.
Of all the candidates bracing up for the November 16 governorship election, Obiano is considered as one of the most “outstanding.”
Unlike others, Obiano is the political dark-horse, untainted by the political corrosion in Nigeria and the greed that sounded the death-knell on many career bankers.
His years in Fidelity Bank, where he played a formidable role as the Executive Director and Head of Business Banking, were the bank’s most buoyant years as his financial wizardry and vast contacts shored up the bank’s multiple forays in the domestic and international financial markets for funding.
Obiano is fondly remembered by his erstwhile colleagues in the bank as an ebullient and amiable leader who knew when to deploy the carrot and the stick to maximum effect.
Part of what stands Obiano apart is that he is from the oil-bearing Aguleri in Anambra North Senatorial District, which Governor Peter Obi has adjudged best suited to produce his successor.
Grassroots politicians and kingmakers in Anambra North see him as one of their own, because of his generosity of spirit and philanthropy
Re: Excitement As Obiano Kicks Off Campaign by biafranqueen: 5:39am On Sep 17, 2013
This is such a difficult decision. Peter Obi really finished us stealing money like like it was a birth right. Not sure who to trust undecided Why can't we have a real choice
Re: Excitement As Obiano Kicks Off Campaign by biafranqueen: 5:41am On Sep 17, 2013
Grassroots politicians and kingmakers in Anambra North see him as one of their own, because of his generosity of spirit and philanthropy

Tell us more biko
Re: Excitement As Obiano Kicks Off Campaign by mekano1980: 5:50am On Sep 17, 2013
Anambra is really setting a pace this time,WHO THE CAP FIT,let him wear it
Re: Excitement As Obiano Kicks Off Campaign by dayokanu(m): 6:01am On Sep 17, 2013
Vote for Willy-willy Peter Obis stooge

Or vote for Ngige Tinubus stooge

or vote for Andy Ubah OBJs stooge

Whichever way Anambra is under occupation

The only valid option is Ifeanyi Ubah
Re: Excitement As Obiano Kicks Off Campaign by Nobody: 7:05am On Sep 17, 2013
All these unnecessary cries about Soludo must stop. Yes, I was all for Soludo initially but now he is no longer a candidate and we must choose from the existing candidate. Soludo must also share in the blame for his failure at the primary election. No matter how good you are as a person or politician, you have to play the right politics. Where else in the world do you join a political party at the 11th hour and expect to crowned the party's candidate? That can only happen if you'r a compromise candidate of the power brokers in the party. Unfortunately, Soludo was not this time around. I will once again urge Soludo to remain in APGA or any other political party of his choice and join hands with the leaders of the party to grow the party. That way, he may earn confidence of the leaders of the party, enough to be a serious contender in the subsequent elections.

As for the upcoming election, we must say NO to Ifeanyi Ubah. I've not seen a more fraudulent campaign all my life. Can you imagine, the guy is promising heaven on earth if elected- modern railways, 24/7 power supply, etc. The ignoramus is promising to deliver even in areas state governors have not control over. To make matter worse:
-Ifeanyi Ubah is a chronic illiterate
- Ifeanyi Ubah is loud and lives an extra-vagant lifestyle. If elected, he'll use Anambra wealth to sustain his expensive life style.
- Ifeanyi Ubah's company is in serious debt crisis. Perhaps he hopes to use the state's resources to settle some or all of his debt.
Ifeanyi Ubah can only be summarized in one word- FRAUD.

Andy Uba is another clueless, fraudulent and chronic illiterate who should not be allowed to smell Awka govt house.

The other PDP candidate (Tony Nwoye), has a bad history and antecedent right from his days as a student union leader. But he is a lesser devil when compared to Andy Ubah and Ifeanyi Ubah.

Chris Ngige is a discredited politician. He and his masters manipulated and STOLE the votes of Anambrarians in 2003. In trying to free himself from his masters, he embarked on massive road construction to impress the people. Well, that worked. But for the 3 years he was in charge, the health sector, education and other sectors were ABANDONED. Governance is much more than building roads. He has been in the senate for about 2 years with NOTHING to show. To make matters worse, Ngige supported the recent Fashola's satanic deportation of Nigerians in their fatherland. Well, my verdict is that Ngige is better than Ifeanyi Ubah and Andy Ubah. He may also be possibly better than Tony Nwoye (possibly because Tony Nwoye has not been tested).

Willie Obiano is the only candidate coming from a background of a very SUCCESSFUL and un-blemished career in the private sector (worked at a multinational oil company and Fidelity Bank). He appears a simple and unassuming personality. Those who have something against him during his stints in the private sector should feel free to let us know. But for now, he is my prefered candidate. He is my FIRST CHOICE.

6 Likes

Re: Excitement As Obiano Kicks Off Campaign by Nobody: 7:05am On Sep 17, 2013
Obi must daydreaming if he thinks he can Impose this toy on us...#TeamIfeanyiUbah tongue
Re: Excitement As Obiano Kicks Off Campaign by shina419(m): 7:19am On Sep 17, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: All these unnecessary cries about Soludo must stop. Yes, I was all for Soludo initially but now he is no longer a candidate and we must choose from the existing candidate. Soludo must also share in the blame for his failure at the primary election. No matter how good you are as a person or politician, you have to play the right politics. Where else in the world do you join a political party at the 11th hour and expect to crowned the party's candidate? That can only if you'r a compromise candidate of the power brokers in the party. Unfortunately, Soludo was not this time around. I will once again urge Soludo to remain in APGA or any other political party of his choice and join hands with the leaders of the party to grow the party. That way, he may earn confidence of the leaders of the party, enough to be a serious contender in the subsequent elections.

As for the upcoming election, we must say NO to Ifeanyi Ubah. I've not seen a more fraudulent campaign all my life. Can you imagine, the guy is promising heaven on earth if elected- modern railways, 24/7 power supply, etc. The ignoramus is promising to deliver even in areas state governors have not control over. To make matter worse:
- Ifeanyi Ubah is loud and lives an extra-vagant lifestyle. If elected, he'll use Anambra wealth to sustain his expensive life style.
- Ifeanyi Ubah's company is in serious debt crisis. Perhaps he hopes to use the state's resources to settle some or all of his debt.

Andy Uba is another clueless, fraudulent and chronic illiterate who should not be allowed to smell Awka govt house.

The other PDP candidate (Tony Nwoye), has a bad history and antecedent right from his days as a student union leader. But he is a lesser devil when compared to Andy Ubah and Ifeanyi Ubah.

Chris Ngige is a discredited politician. He and his masters manipulated and STOLE the votes of Anambrarians in 2003. In trying to free himself from his masters, he embarked on massive road construction to impress the people. Well, that worked. But for the 3 years he was in charge, the health sector, education and other sectors were ABANDONED. Governance is much more than building roads. He has been in the senate for about 2 years with NOTHING to show. To make matters worse, Ngige supported the recent Fashola's satanic deportation of Nigerians in their fatherland. Well, my verdict is that Ngige is better than Ifeanyi Ubah and Andy Ubah. He may also be possibly better than Tony Nwoye (possibly because Tony Nwoye has not been tested).

Willie Obiano is the only candidate coming from a background of a very SUCCESSFUL and un-blemished career in the private sector (worked at a multinational oil company and Fidelity Bank). He appears a simple and unassuming personality. Those who have something against him during his stints in the private sector should feel free to let us know. But for now, he is my prefered candidate. He is my FIRST CHOICE.
how much are u paid
Re: Excitement As Obiano Kicks Off Campaign by gratiaeo(m): 7:22am On Sep 17, 2013
Prof_Dumbledore: Obi must daydreaming if he thinks he can Impose this toy on us...#TeamIfeanyiUbah tongue
#TeamFraudsters
Re: Excitement As Obiano Kicks Off Campaign by gratiaeo(m): 7:24am On Sep 17, 2013
shina419: how much are u paid
That is his opinion
Oya speak your own
Re: Excitement As Obiano Kicks Off Campaign by takeprofit: 7:29am On Sep 17, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: All these unnecessary cries about Soludo must stop. Yes, I was all for Soludo initially but now he is no longer a candidate and we must choose from the existing candidate. Soludo must also share in the blame for his failure at the primary election. No matter how good you are as a person or politician, you have to play the right politics. Where else in the world do you join a political party at the 11th hour and expect to crowned the party's candidate? That can only if you'r a compromise candidate of the power brokers in the party. Unfortunately, Soludo was not this time around. I will once again urge Soludo to remain in APGA or any other political party of his choice and join hands with the leaders of the party to grow the party. That way, he may earn confidence of the leaders of the party, enough to be a serious contender in the subsequent elections.

that's very sincere of u. i used to think u r a pdp man.
Re: Excitement As Obiano Kicks Off Campaign by Adisa419: 7:30am On Sep 17, 2013
Up Apc haters can die
Re: Excitement As Obiano Kicks Off Campaign by smemud(m): 7:36am On Sep 17, 2013
takeprofit:

that's very sincere of u. i used to think u r a pdp man.
he is a pdp agent
Re: Excitement As Obiano Kicks Off Campaign by shina419(m): 7:40am On Sep 17, 2013
gratiaeo:
That is his opinion
Oya speak your own
labour party will fall come nov
Re: Excitement As Obiano Kicks Off Campaign by takeprofit: 7:46am On Sep 17, 2013
smemud: he is a pdp agent

then that post above is anti party and he should be suspended by almighty tukur
Re: Excitement As Obiano Kicks Off Campaign by bashydemy(m): 7:47am On Sep 17, 2013

You better shut this your gutter call mouth make we hear word cos i believe you talking as you type. Ngige still remain the best candidate among them all, He has been tested and trust so far and you guys keep complaning about is the deportation saga, What did your Peter Obi do about it? What did Orji Uzor Kalu do about it? What did all the candidates do or say about it? are there not court of law to challenge the case? if they believe what Fashola do is wrong why not sue him to court instead of playing dirty politics here. I wonder when this country will grow up and understand how politics should be played. You are here complaining about forgoting issue, Is it only Fashola that deport people to there states? bunch of haterz and looserz to hell with you.
Re: Excitement As Obiano Kicks Off Campaign by Dkobo(m): 8:03am On Sep 17, 2013
Re: Excitement As Obiano Kicks Off Campaign by mekaboy(m): 8:41am On Sep 17, 2013
If Obiano wins good, if Ngige wins okay, say NO to anything Ubah or nwoye.
Re: Excitement As Obiano Kicks Off Campaign by Nobody: 9:03am On Sep 17, 2013
Who is Obiano, mek I hear word jare undecided
Re: Excitement As Obiano Kicks Off Campaign by bestview: 9:46am On Sep 17, 2013
dayokanu: Vote for Willy-willy Peter Obis stooge

Or vote for Ngige Tinubus stooge

or vote for Andy Ubah OBJs stooge

Whichever way Anambra is under occupation

The only valid option is Ifeanyi Ubah

We have since chosen Peter Obi's candidate. We cannot allow anything that bear 'ofemmmmanu' anywhere around Anambra.

Obiano is the next governor. The voice of the people is the voice of God.
Re: Excitement As Obiano Kicks Off Campaign by gleaf: 9:52am On Sep 17, 2013
[b][/b]
Sincere 9gerian: All these unnecessary cries about Soludo must stop. Yes, I was all for Soludo initially but now he is no longer a candidate and we must choose from the existing candidate. Soludo must also share in the blame for his failure at the primary election. No matter how good you are as a person or politician, you have to play the right politics. Where else in the world do you join a political party at the 11th hour and expect to crowned the party's candidate? That can only happen if you'r a compromise candidate of the power brokers in the party. Unfortunately, Soludo was not this time around. I will once again urge Soludo to remain in APGA or any other political party of his choice and join hands with the leaders of the party to grow the party. That way, he may earn confidence of the leaders of the party, enough to be a serious contender in the subsequent elections.

Why is this personal opinion disturbing a lot of people here! If you think its not the fact simply analyse your own to counter it, why resorting to name calling and abusing the writer! I have noticed that most APGA supporters here rarely abuse anybody while other candidates E tigers are professionals in calling names instead of facing the issues been discussed, it simply shows the kind of character your masters are which Anambra people will reject come november.
Please let us sincerely compare these candidates based on their merits and demerits and stop blabbing about irrelevant issues!.
#teamIjele#
Re: Excitement As Obiano Kicks Off Campaign by ik4life: 10:09am On Sep 17, 2013
bestview:

We have since chosen Peter Obi's candidate. We cannot allow anything that bear 'ofemmmmanu' anywhere around Anambra.

Obiano is the next governor. The voice of the people is the voice of God.
please this is your opinion so don't use "we".
Re: Excitement As Obiano Kicks Off Campaign by luckyDon1: 10:36am On Sep 17, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: All these unnecessary cries about Soludo must stop. Yes, I was all for Soludo initially but now he is no longer a candidate and we must choose from the existing candidate. Soludo must also share in the blame for his failure at the primary election. No matter how good you are as a person or politician, you have to play the right politics. Where else in the world do you join a political party at the 11th hour and expect to crowned the party's candidate? That can only happen if you'r a compromise candidate of the power brokers in the party. Unfortunately, Soludo was not this time around. I will once again urge Soludo to remain in APGA or any other political party of his choice and join hands with the leaders of the party to grow the party. That way, he may earn confidence of the leaders of the party, enough to be a serious contender in the subsequent elections.

May I remind you that's your post cut the bull by the horn.U are really a sincere and brilliant Nigerian.If all of us should analyse and sruitnise candidates/politicians like you then,Nigeria will be a great country.
Some ignorant people have been complaining that Obi handpicked Obiano for governor but the truth remains that Gov Obi does not want fraudlent individuals and people of questionable character to ascend to the seat.If such people are given the chance,then all the dividends of democracy that Obi has worked so hard to laid in place will crumble overnight.
I support Obiano because he is a clean,astute and successful banker who will reposition Anambra and consolidate on the gains we have made so far.
Thanks for your brilliant analyses again.
Re: Excitement As Obiano Kicks Off Campaign by kossylator: 10:46am On Sep 17, 2013

Wic excitement?as far as am concern wev had al d excitement @Holy Trinity via Ifeanyi Ubah
Re: Excitement As Obiano Kicks Off Campaign by shineeye: 11:05am On Sep 17, 2013
obiano is fresh air in Anambra state and he is already a winner just waiting for INEC to make it official...

(1) (Reply)

Pirated Copies Of 'there Was A Country' At Book Stand In Port Harcourt / PDP Onitsha Rally: A House Divided Within Itself / 2015: GEJ Unites The North

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.