Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,466 members, 7,816,090 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:09 AM

The Case Against God By George Smith - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Case Against God By George Smith (2835 Views)

George Castro-Yankey Caught In Sex Scandal - VIDEO / Letter To Bishop Oyedepo: Thou Shall Serve No Other God, By Adeolu Ademoyo / Was Man Created Before Satan Rebelled Against God or After? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Case Against God By George Smith by huxley(m): 8:11pm On Jun 20, 2008
Re: The Case Against God By George Smith by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jun 20, 2008
Why not send this PDF document to God for Him to read and defend Himself.

We are not God.
Re: The Case Against God By George Smith by huxley(m): 4:55pm On Aug 13, 2008
Here is a good book for anyone interested in some philosophy of disbelief.
Re: The Case Against God By George Smith by rampant(f): 5:06pm On Aug 13, 2008
not intersted,thanks
Re: The Case Against God By George Smith by samba123(m): 5:43pm On Aug 13, 2008
rampant:

not intersted,thanks

What a devastating comment!!!! if you nothing to contribute keep silent shocked
Re: The Case Against God By George Smith by mazaje(m): 6:24pm On Aug 13, 2008
imhotep:

Why not send this PDF document to God for Him to read and defend Himself.

We are not God.

If you are not good then stop defending and propagating his message let him do so himself.
Re: The Case Against God By George Smith by huxley(m): 6:56pm On Aug 04, 2009
Anyone fancies reading this book?
Re: The Case Against God By George Smith by Tudor6(f): 8:23pm On Aug 04, 2009
Yes i do
Re: The Case Against God By George Smith by manmustwac(m): 11:23pm On Aug 04, 2009
Me too smiley
Re: The Case Against God By George Smith by Naira3(f): 2:35am On Aug 05, 2009
I want to but the link is not working, at least, for me.
Re: The Case Against God By George Smith by FMK(m): 7:02am On Aug 05, 2009
men can write whatever things and Philosophy about God but one thing is right that he never change and never you descover his Mysterious
Re: The Case Against God By George Smith by SCYLLA: 9:53am On Aug 05, 2009
Huxley is it possible for you to email me pdf's of your books on religion?
Re: The Case Against God By George Smith by huxley(m): 10:05am On Aug 05, 2009
SCYLLA:

Huxley is it possible for you to email me pdf's of your books on religion?

Hello, and thanks for asking. Unfortunately, I have not got many pdf's of the books I have got. But I would not mind sending you hard copies of my spare books. Drop me your mailing address at therationalist@yahoo.co.uk, and I shall see if I can despatch a couple out to you.
Re: The Case Against God By George Smith by petres007(m): 7:50pm On Aug 08, 2009
huxley,

Tried to download it but the link isn't working o! undecided
Re: The Case Against God By George Smith by Nobody: 11:17pm On Aug 08, 2009
the atheists who want to "read" this are not interested in intellectual knowledge, they are only seeking more talking points to validate their entrenched positions.
Re: The Case Against God By George Smith by Krayola2(m): 11:44pm On Aug 08, 2009
what about the christians who dismiss it without reading it? what are they doing?
Re: The Case Against God By George Smith by Krayola2(m): 11:50pm On Aug 08, 2009
@ huxley. . .the link doesn't work
Re: The Case Against God By George Smith by huxley(m): 11:52pm On Aug 08, 2009
Krayola2:

@ huxley. . .the link doesn't work

Unfortunately, they have put some sort of restrictions on the server. I had the pdf somewhere but would take me a while to locate.
Re: The Case Against God By George Smith by huxley(m): 12:05am On Aug 09, 2009
Try this one: http://www.scribd.com/doc/15951427/George-Smith-Atheism-The-Case-Against-God but you gonna have to read as is as it is not a pdf.
Re: The Case Against God By George Smith by Nobody: 1:01am On Aug 09, 2009
Krayola2:

what about the christians who dismiss it without reading it? what are they doing?

Why do you think they shld read it? Not everything is intellectually stimulating.

Download link is on the scribd site anyway. I will be reading it tonight and much of tomorrow.
Re: The Case Against God By George Smith by Nobody: 10:27pm On Aug 09, 2009
huxley:

Try this one: http://www.scribd.com/doc/15951427/George-Smith-Atheism-The-Case-Against-God
If God does not exist then why is there A CASE AGAINST GOD?

These atheists!!!!!!!!!!!!! It seems as though they get a MENTAL BLOCK anytime they think about God, LOL
Re: The Case Against God By George Smith by chiejik(f): 11:14am On Aug 10, 2009
grin because you dn't know what you arer dooooooooing
Re: The Case Against God By George Smith by Nobody: 4:59pm On Aug 10, 2009
Tudór:

^^^
Are you retarded or just allergic to thinking?

imhotep's question was valid . . . you cant claim there is no God and yet devote an entire book to making a case against He that does not exist.
Re: The Case Against God By George Smith by Tudor6(f): 5:27pm On Aug 10, 2009
Says who?
Whats wrong in writing a book to bring people out of their ignorance and dispell myths?
Re: The Case Against God By George Smith by Nobody: 5:35pm On Aug 10, 2009
Tudór:

Says who?
Whats wrong in writing a book to bring people out of their ignorance and dispell myths?

I'm not sure you could wrap that piece of logic around your brain yet . . . ok simple stuff here - if you believe a $5 bill does not exist, what is the point writing a 200-page book on why it should not be painted green?
Re: The Case Against God By George Smith by mamagee6(f): 5:48pm On Aug 10, 2009
It doesn't even make sense.
Re: The Case Against God By George Smith by banom(m): 5:53pm On Aug 10, 2009
@ Davidylan,

I wish to have a personal interview with you in a Thread i will Title Exclusive Interview with Davidylan In couple of days, where i would like us to discuss some important issues about religion in general, science, Christianity, Your understanding of islamic religion, Atheism, Classical Issues about life and nature, and your personal belief and assurance .  

I hope that will be OK by you. .
Re: The Case Against God By George Smith by Nobody: 5:55pm On Aug 10, 2009
Banom, as long as you assure me its not going to be a free-for-all insult davidylan all you want thread.
Re: The Case Against God By George Smith by Tudor6(f): 6:29pm On Aug 10, 2009
davidylan:

I'm not sure you could wrap that piece of logic around your brain yet . . . ok simple stuff here -  if you believe a $5 bill does not exist, what is the point writing a 200-page book on why it should not be painted green?
ha ha ha,
Sorry, stop trying to shift goal posts by making ridiculous analogies. . . . A more sensible analogy wouda been. . .

"If you don't believe a $5 bill exists, what is the point in writing a 200 page book showing the bill is non-existent?"

The answer to that question is quite simple- Its to dispell the myth and educate the ignorant.
Re: The Case Against God By George Smith by Nobody: 7:13pm On Aug 10, 2009
Tudór:

ha ha ha,
Sorry, stop trying to shift goal posts by making ridiculous analogies. . . . A more sensible analogy wouda been. . .

"If you don't believe a $5 bill exists, what is the point in writing a 200 page book showing the bill is non-existent?"

The answer to that question is quite simple- Its to dispell the myth and educate the ignorant.

The book George Smith wrote was not to show that the $5 bill was non-existent but to show that it was stupid believing the bill was actually green or of any value to anyone. Perhaps you shld read the book first before making a fool of yourself next time.
Re: The Case Against God By George Smith by Tudor6(f): 7:53pm On Aug 10, 2009
You can debunk the myth of a god from different angles one of which is the flawed ontology of god. This is clearly what george smith did and it's purely to educate.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Glamour And Spirituality As Pastor Odukoya Takes New Wife / Latest Revelation About Pastor Ajanaku / Are we Better-off With Faith to Evidence for Believing That A God Exists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.