Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,053 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:05 AM

Obadiah Is Right- Nl/nigerian Atheists Are Losers That Need To Step Up - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Obadiah Is Right- Nl/nigerian Atheists Are Losers That Need To Step Up (2606 Views)

Vision Of Heaven And Hell: Few Questions that need answers. / Pastors Asking All Virgins To Step Out. Is It Right? / Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obadiah Is Right- Nl/nigerian Atheists Are Losers That Need To Step Up by Nobody: 8:18am On Sep 17, 2013
"You have to be the change you want to see happen"

How many regular atheists here follow the above quote in relation to their (dis)beliefs?

I have said it and will say it again. Nigerian atheists and by extension, Nairaland atheists are generally (most but not all) very hopeless people compared to atheists in other countries when it comes to changing or improving matters that affect them

Very few atheists on nairaland get things done. We talk about change but nothing ever gets done. We want Nigerians to be more sensible and tolerant in practicing or relating to religion but we make little effort. At the end of the day, the Nigerian culture of suffering and smiling is still imbibed in many of us. They get cheated, then they grumble a little and continue a miserable existence.

As an atheist, I know that there is very little an atheist or atheists can do in public or in real life in Nigeria due to the backlash from an extremely religious country. So, we are left to tell the truth about religion on the internet. But how much do we do on the internet?

Seun has given us a platform to reach Nigerians and inform them about our plight and religion and living in peace/tolerance. Do we maximise it? Nooooooo.

Say what you want about logicboy- he is immature, a troll, a small boy, a foul-mouthed fellow etc- all these things do not change the fact that

-Obadiah gave us a rare opportunity with the atheist/non-christian chatbox but atheists left it to be derailed by christians
-Before Obadiah, did any other atheist fight for a sticky?
-No atheist has even tried to organise some kind of nairaland meeting for atheists or just a secular meeting with anyone who wants to discuss religion (i held of doing this to see if any would do it)

-I have put up many threads trying to rally atheiststogether only t be met with avoidance from atheists and derision from christians

Christians understand the power of of numbers. Intelligent people should see this. But some atheists dont.
Re: Obadiah Is Right- Nl/nigerian Atheists Are Losers That Need To Step Up by Mynd44: 8:36am On Sep 17, 2013
Smh
Re: Obadiah Is Right- Nl/nigerian Atheists Are Losers That Need To Step Up by mumumugu(m): 9:04am On Sep 17, 2013
You are a looser too @ op
Re: Obadiah Is Right- Nl/nigerian Atheists Are Losers That Need To Step Up by Heathen(m): 9:05am On Sep 17, 2013
double post
Re: Obadiah Is Right- Nl/nigerian Atheists Are Losers That Need To Step Up by Heathen(m): 9:06am On Sep 17, 2013
..........el....oh.....el..
Re: Obadiah Is Right- Nl/nigerian Atheists Are Losers That Need To Step Up by homesteady(m): 9:22am On Sep 17, 2013
Stories that touch the heart cry
Re: Obadiah Is Right- Nl/nigerian Atheists Are Losers That Need To Step Up by Nobody: 12:26pm On Sep 17, 2013
Heathen: ..........el....oh.....el..

Hmmm.....bitter truth eh?

Funny how the same people make fun of xtians when xtians respond in a silly fashion to truths about the bible are now responding the same way to truths about their own disbeliefs.
Re: Obadiah Is Right- Nl/nigerian Atheists Are Losers That Need To Step Up by Nobody: 12:27pm On Sep 17, 2013
homesteady: Stories that touch the heart cry

Touches the heart because it is true.

Atheists are doing a poor job here
Re: Obadiah Is Right- Nl/nigerian Atheists Are Losers That Need To Step Up by Nobody: 1:19pm On Sep 17, 2013
There is power in numbers and solidarity...and xtians.understand this.

Pagan9ja also understands this. This is why I like American Atheists on reddit. Someone argues for a cause and people join hands. The naysayers will be there but they will be shamed by the doers.

Some people like doing the same.thing over and over.....stagnation.......arguing over the same philosophical points again and again.instead we should unite and get something done
Re: Obadiah Is Right- Nl/nigerian Atheists Are Losers That Need To Step Up by AlfaSeltzer(m): 1:53pm On Sep 17, 2013
Apart from forming the Logicboy Nairaland Church of Atheism, (LNCA) do you have any concrete plans for atheists here?
Re: Obadiah Is Right- Nl/nigerian Atheists Are Losers That Need To Step Up by Nobody: 1:54pm On Sep 17, 2013
mumumugu: You are a looser too @ op

lol......not so....am not the average NL atheist

2 Likes

Re: Obadiah Is Right- Nl/nigerian Atheists Are Losers That Need To Step Up by Nobody: 1:56pm On Sep 17, 2013
Alfa Seltzer: Apart from forming the Logicboy Nairaland Church of Atheism, (LNCA) do you have any concrete plans for atheists here?

Good question sir,

I have always had great faith in you.

That is the problem. When you start defining atheism by one person, you derail the whole train. Dawkins is not new atheism and logicboy is not nairaland atheism.

A better question would be- what have atheists as a whole achieved on NL?
Re: Obadiah Is Right- Nl/nigerian Atheists Are Losers That Need To Step Up by AlfaSeltzer(m): 1:57pm On Sep 17, 2013
Logicboy03:

Good question sir,

I have always had great faith in you.

That is the problem. When you start defining atheism by one person, you derail the whole train. Dawkins is not new atheism and logicboy is not nairaland atheism.

A better question would be- what have atheists as a whole achieved on NL?

In other words, you have no plans.
Re: Obadiah Is Right- Nl/nigerian Atheists Are Losers That Need To Step Up by Nobody: 2:03pm On Sep 17, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

Read the op......I wanted to have like a get together or meeting or some project we could do long before Anony's suggestion.

Creativity is my life. I am very good at organising and creating stuff. Unfortunately, the apathetic behaviour of atheists is a demotivator
Re: Obadiah Is Right- Nl/nigerian Atheists Are Losers That Need To Step Up by Nobody: 2:06pm On Sep 17, 2013
But then again, it is not about me.

What have atheists acheived?

Even the muslims have a project- a back to school muslim project to help kids. These are people with *ret&*ded* thinking and they are doing something. They raised about 150k....something that 2 atheists alone can raise in one second.

I am not saying we should copy them.....What I am saying is that e should do something...I have ideas but i dont share my ideas with demotivators and armchair critics-
Re: Obadiah Is Right- Nl/nigerian Atheists Are Losers That Need To Step Up by Nobody: 3:04pm On Sep 17, 2013
Re: Obadiah Is Right- Nl/nigerian Atheists Are Losers That Need To Step Up by Ymodulus: 3:42pm On Sep 17, 2013
i understand u logicboy.

I will fully support u on the idea of donating or side projects for pple, motherless baby home , children. With a bold sponsorship indicating its from atheist in nigeria. This will go a long way in promoting our course.

Infact reading this thread of yours. I am motivated.

@logicboy this is a nice idea. If u are a reddit follower of the the sub-reddit for atheist. U wud ave notice alot of similar projects of this nature.

So am in full support. Ready to give donation.
Re: Obadiah Is Right- Nl/nigerian Atheists Are Losers That Need To Step Up by Nobody: 4:46pm On Sep 17, 2013
Ymodulus: i understand u logicboy.

I will fully support u on the idea of donating or side projects for pple, motherless baby home , children. With a bold sponsorship indicating its from atheist in nigeria. This will go a long way in promoting our course.

Infact reading this thread of yours. I am motivated.

@logicboy this is a nice idea. If u are a reddit follower of the the sub-reddit for atheist. U wud ave notice alot of similar projects of this nature.

So am in full support. Ready to give donation.

Well said bro...well said

I am into such projects as well. I wish we can get more atheists on board
Re: Obadiah Is Right- Nl/nigerian Atheists Are Losers That Need To Step Up by Nobody: 4:51pm On Sep 17, 2013
Logicboy03: "You have to be the change you want to see happen"

How many regular atheists here follow the above quote in relation to their (dis)beliefs?

I have said it and will say it again. Nigerian atheists and by extension, Nairaland atheists are generally (most but not all) very hopeless people compared to atheists in other countries when it comes to changing or improving matters that affect them

Very few atheists on nairaland get things done. We talk about change but nothing ever gets done. We want Nigerians to be more sensible and tolerant in practicing or relating to religion but we make little effort. At the end of the day, the Nigerian culture of suffering and smiling is still imbibed in many of us. They get cheated, then they grumble a little and continue a miserable existence.

As an atheist, I know that there is very little an atheist or atheists can do in public or in real life in Nigeria due to the backlash from an extremely religious country. So, we are left to tell the truth about religion on the internet. But how much do we do on the internet?

Seun has given us a platform to reach Nigerians and inform them about our plight and religion and living in peace/tolerance. Do we maximise it? Nooooooo.

Say what you want about logicboy- he is immature, a troll, a small boy, a foul-mouthed fellow etc- all these things do not change the fact that

-Obadiah gave us a rare opportunity with the atheist/non-christian chatbox but atheists left it to be derailed by christians
-Before Obadiah, did any other atheist fight for a sticky?
-No atheist has even tried to organise some kind of nairaland meeting for atheists or just a secular meeting with anyone who wants to discuss religion (i held of doing this to see if any would do it)

-I have put up many threads trying to rally atheiststogether only t be met with avoidance from atheists and derision from christians

Christians understand the power of of numbers. Intelligent people should see this. But some atheists dont.

Logic boy take am easy na..However, to the bolded, e bi like say u dey vex..lol
Re: Obadiah Is Right- Nl/nigerian Atheists Are Losers That Need To Step Up by Nobody: 4:53pm On Sep 17, 2013
grin
Alfa Seltzer:

grin grin grin
Re: Obadiah Is Right- Nl/nigerian Atheists Are Losers That Need To Step Up by Nobody: 4:54pm On Sep 17, 2013
joel lala:

Logic boy take am easy na..However, to the bolded, e bi like say u dey vex..lol

How will i take it easy bros? Atheists here have become armchair critics. Many of them.

All mouth and no action.
Re: Obadiah Is Right- Nl/nigerian Atheists Are Losers That Need To Step Up by Nobody: 4:55pm On Sep 17, 2013
joel lala: grin

grin grin grin

Another troll smh.
Re: Obadiah Is Right- Nl/nigerian Atheists Are Losers That Need To Step Up by Nobody: 5:01pm On Sep 17, 2013
I know how to make a Pizza shop close down, i might have to apply the same trick here. I remember the group called " Anonymous" who single handily destroyed so many websites. I know our would is a world of all possibilities. If we really wanna dismantle Obadiah and his biased rules,we can until we are treated equally and respected. Just like Obama said "Naira land is a land of equal opportunity for the Gay,Satanist,Straight,Muslim,Christian,Scientologist,Traditionalists etc" we all should have the freedom to comment,created threads,chat boxes without being marginalized by little Obadiah.
Re: Obadiah Is Right- Nl/nigerian Atheists Are Losers That Need To Step Up by Nobody: 5:05pm On Sep 17, 2013
ifeness: I know how to make a Pizza shop close down, i might have to apply the same trick here. I remember the group called " Anonymous" who single handily destroyed so many websites. I know our would is a world of all possibilities. If we really wanna dismantle Obadiah and his biased rules,we can until we are treated equally and respected. Just like Obama said "Naira land is a land of equal opportunity for the Gay,Satanist,Straight,Muslim,Christian,Scientologist,Traditionalists etc" we all should have the freedom to comment,created threads,chat boxes without being marginalized by little Obadiah.

Are you suggesting anarchy?

Why not do it MLK style.....unite first and show we can achieve stuff
Re: Obadiah Is Right- Nl/nigerian Atheists Are Losers That Need To Step Up by plaetton: 6:29pm On Sep 17, 2013
Logicboy, you have to understand what makes a person an atheist.
They are people who loathe group-think , follow follow, or any form of advocacy, unless their rights are threatened.
Atheism itself is not a proposition, but a repudiation.

Also, except online, it is hard to get any sizeable collection of atheists in any particular location, especially in Nigeria, where it is considered a social aberration.

History has shown that no amount of confrontation can defeat religion,unless,of course, you want to do it the Mohammedan way.
Europe successfully emasculated religion the slow drip-feed of reason.

In Nigeria right now, we have to assume that atheists are born,not made. Only those gifted with an inner stirring will eventually take the leap to freedom.
So lets continue to do our battle online to reach those whose minds already primed for the enthronement of reason.
Offline visibility and campaigns would only cast us just another competing religion or sect. This is what the Christians and Moslems would love, and would us sitting targets for their blood lusts.
Seeds of doubt is what we owe the slaves of religion.

3 Likes

Re: Obadiah Is Right- Nl/nigerian Atheists Are Losers That Need To Step Up by Bella3(f): 6:39pm On Sep 17, 2013
This promises to be entertaining.
Re: Obadiah Is Right- Nl/nigerian Atheists Are Losers That Need To Step Up by Nobody: 7:12pm On Sep 17, 2013
plaetton: Logicboy, you to understand what makes a person an atheist.
They are people who loathe group-think , follow follow, or any form of advocacy, unless their rights are threatened.
Atheism itself is not a proposition, but a repudiation.

Also, except online, it is hard to get any sizeable collection of atheists in any particular location, especially in Nigeria, where it is considered a social aberration.

History has shown that no amount of confrontation can defeat religion,unless,of course, you want to do it the Mohammedan way.
Europe successfully emasculated religion the slow drip-feed of reason.

In Nigeria right now, we have to assume that atheists are born,not made. Only those gifted with an inner stirring will eventually take the leap to freedom.
So lets continue to do our battle online to reach those whose minds already primed for the enthronement of reason.
Offline visibility and campaigns would only cast us just another competing religion or sect. This is what the Christians and Moslems would love, and would us sitting targets for their blood lusts.
Seeds of doubt is what we owe the slaves of religion.

I get your point but you need to understand that you are talking to an atheist.

I am not suggesting group think or a strong presence offline.

I am suggesting a strong presence online. Reddit/atheism works as a collective effort. First off, we have to bargain for our rights on nairaland as a group......or are u saying that the civil rights movement ala MLK was groupthinking or unity towards rights and freedom?

I was shocked as atheists just looked on as obadiah ignored my complaints about the derailment of the athiest chatbox. I would love to see him try that nonsense on reddit.

We should have a stronger presence online. Our chatbox should be used properly. Muskeeto is into eastern religions and humanism while I prefer just sewcular humanism...we can discuss our different atheist perspectives there

To be conmtinued
Re: Obadiah Is Right- Nl/nigerian Atheists Are Losers That Need To Step Up by Nobody: 7:22pm On Sep 17, 2013
Continuation

As for offline presence, I want like 5 atheists just to meet up in a bar and discuss stuff. Why? Because all epic things started with friends and alcohol......me n muskeeto had some plans for nl.......

1 Like

Re: Obadiah Is Right- Nl/nigerian Atheists Are Losers That Need To Step Up by Nobody: 7:25pm On Sep 17, 2013
Logicboy03: Continuation

As for offline presence, I want like 5 atheists just to meet up in a bar and discuss stuff. Why? Because all epic things started with friends and alcohol......me n muskeeto had some plans for nl.......
Thumbs up bro. I notice you.
Re: Obadiah Is Right- Nl/nigerian Atheists Are Losers That Need To Step Up by Nobody: 7:35pm On Sep 17, 2013
Reyginus: Thumbs up bro. I notice you.

Wetiin u see?
Re: Obadiah Is Right- Nl/nigerian Atheists Are Losers That Need To Step Up by Nobody: 7:37pm On Sep 17, 2013
NL Atheists are similar to NL Religion-freaks in a sense, while they are direct opposites when it comes to beliefs, their approach to taking action is pretty much the same (with the exception of Islamofreaks who just straight up bombshitup) .. talk theories, history, intelligent design, evolution yakityyak and so forth.. has there really been a visible, measurable contribution to society as a whole (Christians do as much as shit as they talk on NL).

NL is just a spark, Atheists need to go outside the confines of this platform, I am sure it will make for a good start should an Atheists column come up in the paper even if it is once a week to discuss burning issues about Societal/Social issues birthed by Religion

1 Like

Re: Obadiah Is Right- Nl/nigerian Atheists Are Losers That Need To Step Up by Ymodulus: 8:18pm On Sep 17, 2013
Logicboy03: Continuation

Where do we all plan to meet? Location is one big factor to consider. Besides on some beer. Haaaa. I love this.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Public Holiday On The 2nd or 5th Of Jan??? / Scientist Declares Science Has Found The Biblical God / A Shocking Revelation By Pastor Kumuyi" Get Prepared It Is Near"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.