Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,098 members, 7,811,082 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:50 PM

Help With Laptop Wireless - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help With Laptop Wireless (694 Views)

How Many Desktops/laptops Can I Connect To My Laptop's Wireless / Configuring Nokia E71 With Laptop Using Mtn Gprs / Laptop Wireless Problem Please Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help With Laptop Wireless by Nobody: 11:02pm On Jun 20, 2008
Please can you provide me with step by step instructions on how to restore my laptops wireless. I use a HP dv6000, (Windows Vista) and for some time now ave bin unable 2 use my wireless.

When i open the "Network and Sharing centre" I can only see my starcomms and LAN icons but nothing shows for the wireless

Oh and i cant write any disc at all with my pc. I cant even browse with Internet explorer or Firefox when i'm online but my installed software updates and i can chat with yahoo msgr.

My major concern is the wireless, if you can tell me wat to do besides formatting it'll really help me a lot, really i'll be greatfull- cos i'm posting this as a tired young guy who has almost run out of ideas. Pls help me no matter how technical it may sound.

I know if i format my system everything wil go back to normal but its way 2 much work for me dats why I'm posting out to you for some other bright ideas,
Re: Help With Laptop Wireless by saintstoke: 10:56pm On Jun 22, 2008
i think the best bet for your dv600 is to format, or simply try uninstalling the wireless drivers and re-installing them again. if this does not fix the problem,
try calling me on the no#08055475689, i had similar problems before with my dv2500. it was a running battle until iwas able to take control of the whole problem. i stay in port harcourt as well SaintSTOKEY.
Re: Help With Laptop Wireless by uspry1(f): 11:15pm On Jun 22, 2008
Check out existing threads at below:

HP Pavilion Laptop DV6700 with Starcomms Evdo Data Card: Help Needed
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-119191.0.html

Problem: Some Websites Not Opening With Starcomms
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-101877.0.html
Re: Help With Laptop Wireless by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jun 25, 2008
thank u all. i met a friend of mine today and he told me i should try repairing my OS (with the Vista dvd) I bet that should work but i'll still give a feed back as soon as i try it out.

I know formatting will work but i can't loose over 50gb of data just like that, i cant write dvd discs with my pc else i would ve written everything to some dvds.

catch ya later
Re: Help With Laptop Wireless by gigabytes: 9:15pm On Jun 27, 2008
I have a HP Presario F500, suddenly the wireless (wifi) software doesnt come up. The switch is ok, ON/OFF. Whenever I open the network connection the wireless icon is not there, it used to be there with LAN and other Icons. Please help me:

(1) (Reply)

Advent Flash Wahaala / Windows Keyboard Shortcuts / Yahoo Messenger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.