Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,372 members, 7,819,341 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:43 PM

Changing From Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Changing From Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive (15914 Views)

Converting Right Hand Drive Vehicles To Left: Any Issues? / Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive Conversion / Right Hand Drive (RHD) To Left Hand Drive (LHD) Conversion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Changing From Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive by chukel(m): 5:33am On Jun 21, 2008
where can i change a right hand drive vehicle to left hand drive in nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Changing From Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive by Nobody: 6:51am On Jun 21, 2008
No idea where it would be done in Nigeria, but I'm sure there are reputable places.
Re: Changing From Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive by deemax: 5:19pm On Jun 21, 2008
call me on 08033204653
Re: Changing From Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive by winnteam(m): 6:39pm On Jun 21, 2008
My brother why do people like risks like this?

I know of a woman who nearly lost her life in a converted mini bus.

The steering wheel came off on the express way.

GOOD LUCK SHA!
Re: Changing From Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive by Arizona1: 11:54am On Jun 22, 2008
I have a good place here in Lagos meant for converting vehichles from left hand to right hand.
Cars,hummer buses and jeeps are being imported from Japan,convert them and then got sold but they will tell you it's converted,if not,you won't know and the prices are cheaper.

If you want to convert your vehichle,just call me on 08085404394 or 08037937403.

If conversion is done well,it doesn't have problem.
Re: Changing From Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive by adebisi1(m): 1:59pm On Jun 22, 2008
poster maybe ,you w a n n a  say from right hand to left hand.
Re: Changing From Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive by Arizona1: 4:21pm On Jun 22, 2008
Sorry Bros,na wetin I mean,changing from right to left.
Re: Changing From Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive by winnteam(m): 8:12pm On Jun 22, 2008
Why cant we just buy what is menat for our market and save everyone the troubles this conversion will bring in future?

I saw one guys car recently. He had an accident and it was traced to the conversion.

Nigerians like courting trouble sha.
Re: Changing From Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive by chukel(m): 10:11pm On Jun 22, 2008
winnteam can u help wth a place i can get a used car very cheap. these guys for nairaland no dey try
Re: Changing From Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive by winnteam(m): 10:22pm On Jun 22, 2008
@chukel
shocked
I am not a car dealer o.

I however have a guy I have bought cars from since 2003. He has been quite honest and we have been able to build a relationship beyond cars.

What make are you looking at? What is your price range.

I could link you up with the guy though.
Re: Changing From Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive by cyberjaya: 10:35am On Jun 23, 2008
A Japan company now offer conversion of TOYOTA cars from LHD to RHD direct from Japan before shipment, You can expect a high quality job, No need to worry anylonger

This is a confirmed source,
Re: Changing From Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive by erico2k2(m): 10:55am On Jun 23, 2008
winnteam:

Why can't we just buy what is meant for our market and save everyone the troubles this conversion will bring in future?

I saw one guys car recently. He had an accident and it was traced to the conversion.

Nigerians like courting trouble sha.
There is nothing wrong with converting cars, let me tell you a secrete you don't know, if you bought a Japanese car imported from Japan,these include all Japanese cars, I repeat all Japanese which is not imported from Europe or America,IT HAS BEEN CONVERTED, The Japs, manufacture their cars originally RHD  and Just manufacture LHD basically for export, so if you buy a brand new LHD from Japan, then its OOK butif its more than 3 years old from Japan my guy it has been converted, having said so, there is nothing wrong with it, depends on the Mechanic  you use, and for those of you guys who have have seen the steering cocolumnomming off the steering rack , its bebecausef the stupid mechanic used did not have the right tools to tighten the AllenKey that screws the columno the Rack, its a very delicate Bolt that is hard to tighten if you ain't got the right tool as you can just deaden the grip if you force it, I will upload the Pics if i got the time to, cos I got a Steering rack and a steering cocolum and I would show you what Pin we are talking about, if you doubt what I'm saying ask anything.
Re: Changing From Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive by erico2k2(m): 11:01am On Jun 23, 2008
cyberjaya:

A Japan company now offer conversion of TOYOTA cars from LHD to RHD direct from Japan before shipment, You can expect a high quality job, No need to worry anylonger

This is a confirmed source,
My guy, the kind of Money they charge to convert the cars in Japan is mouth blowing, I have contacted them before and they drove me away with price, you want the website? price is quoted there.
Re: Changing From Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive by cyberjaya: 11:17am On Jun 23, 2008
Its cheap especially when you buy the car in Japan, you can compare when u buy a car in Japanese auction say 1000$ and convert for 2000$, nothing spoil there man,
Thats the best place for conversion, they got the tools and technicality and of course, they manufactured the product themselves, u can expect better and quality service
Re: Changing From Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive by winnteam(m): 3:26pm On Jun 23, 2008
The question is why go for RHD and then convert?

From my personal point of view IT DOES NOT MAKE SENCE.

I'd rather buy from aountry that uses LHD like ours.

Nothing can convince me about the safety when it is done in Japan abi the Moon.

We always want the easy way out of everythting.

I wish the Custom people would do their job and keep these RHD cars out of this country.

We cahnged to LHD from RHD since 1973. I DO NOT SEE ANY REASON WHEY WE ARE STILL GOING TO UK AND OTHER RHD COUNTRIES TO BRING IN TRASH.

How many LHD cars will you find in Japan, SA or UK?
Re: Changing From Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive by erico2k2(m): 4:40pm On Jun 23, 2008
We cahnged to LHD from RHD since 1973. I DO NOT SEE ANY REASON WHEY WE ARE STILL GOING TO UK AND OTHER RHD COUNTRIES TO BRING IN TRASH.

How many LHD cars will you find in Japan, SA or UK?
this is absolut rubish you talking winnteam,ots people with same idealogy like yours that make it dificult for one to drive his or her RHD in Nigeria becaus they got this unwritten law that it is an offence to drive RHD in Nigeria, Im in the Uk, I was using my LHD BMW 325i more than 4 years before I sent it to Nigeria, if someone lives ina country where RHD cars are done, he can only export or trade in RHD,convertion of these cars are no problem at all infact let me tell you something if you are driving a Jap car, 99% it was converted, unscrupulose Importers would not tell you the truth, LHD car are expensive, if they aint converted, the would sell for more than 1M each time, by the time you add cost of shipping and buying it shoots the roof
Re: Changing From Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive by erico2k2(m): 4:48pm On Jun 23, 2008
cyberjaya, what car are you gonna buy in Japan for $1000? please tell me? be a little bit realistic, if you are buying any modern car in Japan ie Toyota Avensus you are looking at $8000 used,unless you are talking of Cat C accident cars,if I am wrong please correct me.
Re: Changing From Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive by winnteam(m): 5:19pm On Jun 23, 2008
For your pocket O!

Everybody is entitled to his opinion.

Stay in London there and be blowing grammar. Whenever you return home go and ask FRSC why they do not want RHD cars in Nigeria.

Just as you cannot convince me about the safety of affordability of RHD so also I cannot convince you about the unacceptability of such cars in Nigeria by the government.

If they were why is the FRSC against it? Abi na me make the law.

Must we buy cars imported from Japan ?

I drive an American spec Toyota sienna and it is LHD.

As for me, I think I am thru with this topic bye.
Re: Changing From Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive by erico2k2(m): 7:56pm On Jun 23, 2008
winnteam you are taking this all personal, what is the point of saying I should stay in London, there is no written law that says we cant drive RHD in Nigeria, I have done it several times, when Road safety sees and stop you, they access your knowledge of your rights as a Nigerian and in that capacity they harass you and mainwhile I'm not blowing grammer, na me say make you no go school eh? the reason why Nigeria is how it is today is cos we got people with rigid ways of thinking that cant adopt any kind of modification what so ever, this thread of for suggestions not rejections nor persecution
Re: Changing From Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive by lucabrasi(m): 8:26pm On Jun 23, 2008
whats wrong with conversion if it is done properly,i know someone that send a honda to nigeria and had it converted at the honda place in adeniyi jones and they did a perfect job,people that have problems with their conversions are those that either give it to ladipo road side mechanics or people trying to cut costs, all these cars either lhd or rhd were all made and assembled the same way in an assembly plant being overseen by engineers,as for the nigerian government and the road safety,i think they have their priorities sooo wrong,first they ban cars of more than eight years old as if that makes any sense or nigerians are that rich then they ban rhd cars meanwhile accidents are happening all the time their most important job and they r not doing anything about it,there s still paraga joints in the motorparks and they r not doing anything about it,if u ask me i think they have their priorities misplaced
Re: Changing From Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive by winnteam(m): 9:19pm On Jun 23, 2008
@erico2k2
I beg your pardon. Why would I take it personal? Am I the one buying the car?

lucabrasi says he knows someone whose conversion isn't giving him issues. Beautiful. While I know 2 people who have not been lucky with theirs.

I maintain that everyone is entitled to his opinion. Abi?

And for your information I am not a lay about. I am as educated as you are.

If my refusing to agree with you on conversion makes me rigid that is very okey by me.
Why would I go for a RHD when I have an array of LHD vehicles to chose from?

You said: "all these cars either lhd or rhd were all made and assembled the same way in an assembly plant being overseen by engineers".

If you agree that these cars were assembled either as RHD or LHD and overseen by engineers, why would one now want to do something contrary to what engineers had overseen? (Just a question)

On the issue if Government and FRSC banning RHD vehicles in Nigeria. What is wrong in that? Don't we already have enough problems like lucabrasi as outlined. Do we have to add RHD to it?

We can sit at our pc for eternity analyzing the decisions of government wether they are misplaced or not. The truth is that they already have th law in place. If I am not mistaking they may have even signed it into law.
Re: Changing From Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive by chukel(m): 9:54pm On Jun 23, 2008
hey fellas. thanks alot
Re: Changing From Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive by chukel(m): 9:56pm On Jun 23, 2008
made a mistake with typing. am sorry
Re: Changing From Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive by chukel(m): 9:59pm On Jun 23, 2008
erico2k2- thanks for ur contribution. winnteam am also grateful
Re: Changing From Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive by erico2k2(m): 11:50pm On Jun 23, 2008
God bless you lucabrasi,you said it all,Nigeria would change and its changing hence many young men and women from the Uk and USA are going back home to engage in politics aand the bring with them total difrent idiology, the way they think is diffrent hence in some states some people are meant to return money they stole ages ago, and more and more young people with new idiologies would be in government and gone will be the days when politics is for Biz men or avenue for quick doe
Re: Changing From Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive by 9jaGambare(f): 2:22am On Jun 24, 2008
@erico2k2

>I have contacted them before and they drove me away with price, you want the website? price is quoted there.

Can you kindly tell me their website please? Im thinking about the conversion of my toyota 4 runner(hilux surf).
thanks
Re: Changing From Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive by erico2k2(m): 11:16am On Jun 24, 2008
9jaGambare:

@erico2k2

>I have contacted them before and they drove me away with price, you want the website? price is quoted there.

Can you kindly tell me their website please? I'm thinking about the conversion of my toyota 4 runner(hilux surf).
thanks
I have the link here, its Called (JAPAN PATNERS INC.) follow the link bellow
http://www.japan-partner.com/LHD-conversion.php
thats would give you everything you need to know.
Re: Changing From Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive by 9jaGambare(f): 11:33am On Jun 24, 2008
@erico2k2

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!! grin
that website is really useful and I think the price is not that bad but I need to do my reserch to go further.
anyway, thanks again.
Re: Changing From Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive by erico2k2(m): 2:19pm On Jun 24, 2008
you are very welcome, its all what nairaland is all about.glad you found it informative.
Re: Changing From Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive by sonety2k(m): 8:03pm On Jul 10, 2008
@Siena's

@eriko2k2

In case you need  any RHD  CAR/BUS  FROM JAPAN, Toyota ,Honda , Audi , Vw, Nissan    ,  I could source the  car for you  and ship  it  to  any country Worldwide from japan by RORO, if u are in UK, IRELAND , SOUTH ARFICA , KENYA , AUSTRALIA, BAHAMAS  or SWAZILAND  e.t.c 

If you are intrested in buying a RHD car in Japan  kindly get in touch with  me @ = sonety2k@yahoo.com,  sonetauto@yahoo.com or call my mobile phone -[i]81-9017259102[/i]Regard , Thank You
Re: Changing From Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive by Nobody: 9:22pm On Jul 10, 2008
sonety2k:

@Siena's

In case you need any RHD CAR/BUS FROM JAPAN, Toyota ,Honda , Audi , Vw, Nissan , I could source the car for you and ship it to any country Worldwide from japan by RORO, if u are in UK, IRELAND , SOUTH ARFICA , KENYA , AUSTRALIA, BAHAMAS or SWAZILAND e.t.c

If you are intrested in buying a RHD car in Japan kindly get in touch with me @ = sonety2k@yahoo.com, sonetauto@yahoo.com or call my mobile phone -[i]81-9017259102[/i]Regard , Thank You

Lol, you must be new on here!

If you weren't, then you'd know I don't buy Japanese cars, I'm a German car man.
Besides, I'd source whatever car I wanted personally, but thanks for your offer.
Re: Changing From Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive by bmyfriends: 10:22pm On Jul 10, 2008
check out nigeria's premier car trading site
www.EeZEeMARkEt.com
sell your items with any number of pictures free and easily. enjoy
smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

What's Consuming My Fuel (gas) / Symptoms Of A Bad Or Failing Ball Joint / LASG To Start "No Inspection, No Roadworthiness Certificate" Policy By January

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.