Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,316 members, 7,815,585 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:50 PM

Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive Conversion - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive Conversion (61485 Views)

Converting Right Hand Drive Vehicles To Left: Any Issues? / Changing From Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive / Right Hand Drive (RHD) To Left Hand Drive (LHD) Conversion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive Conversion by udokpuenyi(m): 7:28pm On Mar 21, 2011
Before you import those righty drives, I think it is very important you make some basic enquiry concerning the conversion of the car when it arrives Naija unless you want to sell it as right drive. But if you planning to convert it to left drive, this below information might be of help.
1.   Make enquiry about the availability of the car dashboard in the Nigerian market, if the dashboard cannot be sourced locally and you are not willing to import from abroad, save yourself the stress of importing such car. DO NOT CUT YOUR RIGHTY DASHBOARD AND FIX IT BACK TO LEFT DRIVE, IT IS RISKY. Recently a customer brought two Nissan laurel 2000 and 2002 model for drive conversion and I searched for the dashboard for one good week without getting them, presently those two cars are now abandoned pending when their dashboards are available.
2.Do not allow the person converting the car to use the old righty dashboard and steering in converting to left drive. This has severe implication on the alignment of the wheels and balance of the car after conversion
3.   make sure that the persons converting the car knows about auto rewiring very well, this together with panel beating work are the two most technical aspect of drive conversion. Most operations of modern day cars are electronic based and during drive conversion, all the wiring connections in a car are disengaged. It takes an auto technician who is well grounded in art to accurately fix those wires together without the car having code problem in some cases. Check inserted pictures to understand what I mean.
4.   Finally, try and get the cost and duration it will take to convert your car especially for those who are always in haste to carry the car. The cost of converting a car can range from 150k to 600k. Example 97-99 Peugeot 406 can go for 240k while 2000 model can go for 200k, a Toyota picnic manual drive can go for 230k while the auto drive goes for 250k, there are reasons for this price  variation of the same car
     A Toyota harrier can go for 340 to 360k while Toyota Hiace Bus (hummer bus)  go as high as 450k etc. The price of the dashboard has a lot to do with the conversion cost though not in exclusion with other parts like AC evaporator, steering rack, gear selector and door mat cover where needed.

Make sure the conversion is handled neatly and professionally. Contrary to some people belief, there is no much difference in terms of car performance between a normal drive (left) and one converted from right to left. If you go down the chasis of some cars, you notice that even when the car
may be a right drive, a provision has been made to use it as left drive also, it all depends on how the conversion was done.
If we can get the dashboard, we in Naija, can convert the car in such that it will be difficult to find out that it was formally a right drive. Trust me

For more information contact us
saincollin@gmail.com

No 6 Shotinoye Str
Behind Ladipo Spareparts Mkt
Papa Ajao Mushin
Lagos Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive Conversion by GM008: 3:41pm On Mar 25, 2011
I've got a RHD Honda Accord 2001, how much will it cost to convert this and do you have the dash board locally? What state are you based? Pic of the car enclosed

Re: Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive Conversion by udokpuenyi(m): 1:21pm On Mar 28, 2011
send me your contact at saincollin@gmail.com
Re: Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive Conversion by ADEBYTE: 11:57pm On Mar 29, 2011
Does anybody needs any make of dashboard for his /her car conversion from RHD to LHD.pls send me your enquires and i will respond giving you the prices.

Hurry for any make of car.

1 Like

Re: Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive Conversion by ADEBYTE: 12:03am On Mar 30, 2011
RHD to LHD

i can source for any make of LHD dashboard for any make of car.I can supply you these items without any upfront payment and you pay cash before collection.

I can be reached at biyiade2@yahoo.com for all ur needs
Re: Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive Conversion by ADEBYTE: 6:05pm On Apr 02, 2011
Still available

RHD to LHD

i can source for any make of LHD dashboard for any make of car.I can supply you these items without any upfront payment and you pay cash before collection.

I can be reached at biyiade2@yahoo.com for all your needs
Re: Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive Conversion by GM008: 10:55am On Apr 04, 2011
@Adebyte - I have sent you an email
Re: Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive Conversion by ADEBYTE: 7:12pm On Apr 04, 2011
@Gabriel

sent a reply to you
Re: Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive Conversion by kunlexy000(m): 11:29am On Sep 10, 2011
Hello Adebyte AND/OR any body with useful information, please do you have all the part to convert Rover 75 and Volvo S40 SE - 2.0Turbo from RHD to LHD. How much will it cost for the necessary parts, accessories and workmanship for the conversions. Also do you know any mechanic and auto-re-wirer who can do the job perfectly.

Cheers 

kunlexy0007
Re: Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive Conversion by nnaobodo1: 9:09am On Sep 12, 2011
i converted peugeot 607 through udokpuenyi and it's done perfectly and well timed.
i can recommmend him for anyone and attached are the before and after pictures of the car.

Re: Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive Conversion by nnaobodo1: 9:16am On Sep 12, 2011
before pix

Re: Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive Conversion by udokpuenyi(m): 10:19am On Sep 12, 2011
@ nnaobodo1
nnaobodo1:

i converted peugeot 607 through udokpuenyi and it's done perfectly and well timed.
i can recommmend him for anyone and attached are the before and after pictures of the car.

Thanks for this great recommendation, may God expand your own business. At least for those who are still doubting whether conversion can be done well in Nigeria, this is a sound proof

kunlexy000:

Hello Adebyte AND/OR any body with useful information, please do you have all the part to convert Rover 75 and Volvo S40 SE - 2.0Turbo from RHD to LHD. How much will it cost for the necessary parts, accessories and workmanship for the conversions. Also do you know any mechanic and auto-re-wirer who can do the job perfectly.

Cheers

kunlexy0007
Rover 75 straight cost of conversion is 360k , Volvo S40 is 190k all inclusive.

s per rewiring and mechanical work, just have rest of mind, the 607 above took us approximately 10hrs on rewiring and extra key coding. . Just worry about how to get those machune down to Lagos that is all
Re: Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive Conversion by ADEBYTE: 12:22am On Dec 23, 2011
BUYS YOUR PARTS NEEDED FOR CONVERSION OF RHD TO LHD. CONVERSIONS ARE DONE NEATLY AND PROFESSIONALLY IN NIGERIA IF YOU CAN GET AND SHIP THE PARTS TO NIGERIA

A lot can be said about the conversion of RHD to LHD but the truth of the matter is that it can be achieved and most of the time it pays more to do that conversion mostly when u really love the car and would do everything to make it happen.Two very important thing that needed to be addresses are as follow

1. Make sure the conversion is handled neatly and professionally
2 Get the exact kits needed for the conversion

My brothers and sisters both home and abroad(uk),what cars are u looking to convert. Name it--,BMW 3SE, BMW 5SE, AUDI A3,CHRYSTLER VOYAGER, FORD GALAXY, FORD TRANSIT,HONDA LEGEND ,HONDA ACCORD ,HONDA SHUTTLE/ODESSY,MERCEDESE A KLASS, C KLASS, E KLASS, MERCEDESE SPRINTER FROM YEAR 2000, MERCEDESE VITO VAN, MERCEDESE 124, (V -BOOT EARLY EDITION) JAGUR X -TYPE, JAGUAR XJ SERIES, JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE , MITSUBISHI SPACE WAGON 1998 DOWN, MITSUBISHI SPACE STAR, MAZDA 626 1998, NISSAN SERENA/ VANNETE, NISSAN ALMERA TO YEAR 2000,PEUGEOTE 406, 607, 307, 207, 206, RENAULT MEGAL ALL YEAR AND MODEL, RENAULT SCENIC, RENAULT MASTER VAN, RENAULT TRAFFIC VAN,RENAULT LAGUNA ,TOYOTA CARINA, TOYOTA HILUX FROM YEAR 2006, TOYOTA YARIS FROM 2003, TOYOTA AVENSIS VERSO , TOYOTA EMINA, PREVIA, LUCINDA, TOYOTA COROLLA, ALL ALFA ROMEO, ROVER 75, VW GULF, VW POLO ALL YEARS, NISSAN PRIMASTER VAN, VAUXHALL ASTRA, ZAFIRA, VECTRA B among others.

DO YOU WANT DASH BOARDS FOR ANY OF THE CARS LISTED ABOVE OR ANY OTHER CAR, THEY CAN BE SUPPLIED TO YOU AT AFFORDABLE PRICES. ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS TO ENQUIRE THROUGH biyiade2@yahoo.com and i will definitely get back to you as soon as possible.

FOR THOSE IN THE UNITED KINGDOM,YOU CAN CALL OR SEND ME A TEXT ON 07850270048

BELOW ARE PICTURES OF THE DASHBOARDS FOR SOME OF THE CARS LISTED

PLS CONTACT YOUR MECHANIC FOR HIM TO SPECIFY THE PARTS HE NEEDS TO FACILITATE THE FULL CONVERSION

I CAN ALSO SUPPLY ALONG WITH THE DASHBOARDS FOLLOWING

STEERING RACK
STEERING COLUMN
PEDAL BOX
HEATER/AIR CONDITION DUCTS
GLOVE BOX(IF NEEDED)
DASH WIRING HARNESS
AIR CONDITION HOSES
WIPER MECANISMS
HEADLIGHTS
SEATS( IF NEEDED)

AMONG OTHER

PLS EMAIL Biyiade2@yahoo.com OR call /text 07850270048(ADE) for those in the uk

1 Like

Re: Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive Conversion by naijacutee(f): 3:00am On Dec 23, 2011
@ ADEBYTE:

Please do not make the same post several times. Whoever reads your first post does not benefit anything by being presented with the same information multiple time. It makes the forum repetitive and uninteresting. I can suggest a better way to market your products : Instead of hijacking someones thread, why don't you ask the original poster to partner with him? A partnership would be more favourable for you and him, as you clearly need each others services.

udokpuenyi:

Recently a customer brought two Nissan laurel 2000 and 2002 model for drive conversion and I searched for the dashboard for one good week without getting them, presently those two cars are now abandoned pending when their dashboards are available.

1 Like

Re: Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive Conversion by Erdington(m): 6:29am On Dec 23, 2011
Hi,

I have an Audi A6,which i am hoping to bring to Nigeria,immediately i get somebody who can change it from RHD to LHD for me.Its a 2001 model, that i use here at the moment.Can that be done and what is the cost for changing and duration?

What will also be needed to make it a perfect change over?
Re: Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive Conversion by ADEBYTE: 8:03am On Dec 23, 2011
@kunlexy0007.I only supply parts needed for the conversion.THe dashboard for rover 75 will cost you 100k(400 pounds).you will need other parts for the conversion so you can confirm from your mechanic the parts that you need.some parts are symmetrical and so could still be used from the RHD.the dashboard is available and could send you the pictures if you want.The conversion are done perfectly in nigeria if you could afford to get the required kits
Re: Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive Conversion by ADEBYTE: 8:09am On Dec 23, 2011
@erdington,the dashboard and the part needed are available.To be more specific,I would suggest that you check this tread and contact those that do the conversion so as to get the list of the parts that may be needed so as to avoid buying what you don't need because some of the parts from your RHD could be used for the LHD conversion.would get back to you about the pricing
Re: Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive Conversion by ADEBYTE: 8:13am On Dec 23, 2011
@naijacutee,thanks for your observation.Apology tendered.I spoke to siena and we are planning to work together.He does the conversion while I only sell part to those that are interested in having their car converted in nigeria by professionals
Re: Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive Conversion by udokpuenyi(m): 9:33am On Dec 23, 2011
naijacutee:

@ ADEBYTE:

Please do not make the same post several times. Whoever reads your first post does not benefit anything by being presented with the same information multiple time. It makes the forum repetitive and uninteresting. I can suggest a better way to market your products : Instead of hijacking someones thread, why don't you ask the original poster to partner with him? A partnership would be more favourable for you and him, as you clearly need each others services.

Thanks for that honest observation. I hope we still observe some unwritten rules of being a forum member. Hijacking someone thread and using it against him, i don't think is commendable.
Adebyte , check whether your activities in all my threads in this forum, are they in line with rules and and spirit of the forum.
All I know is that I am only in competition with myself.
Thankz
Re: Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive Conversion by ADEBYTE: 10:34am On Dec 23, 2011
@udokpueyin,why r u the only one complaining?why r u feelin so insecure.what I do is toyally different fro$ what you do and so what exactly is the pronlem.I just thought the topic been car conversion,one should post freely as a alternative for people who can afford to have their cars converted in the uk.where were you when the guy from serbia posted on this thread?why did u not challenge him.Enough

1 Like

Re: Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive Conversion by udokpuenyi(m): 3:28pm On Dec 23, 2011
ADEBYTE:

@udokpueyin,why r u the only one complaining?why r u feelin so insecure.what I do is toyally different fro$ what you do and so what exactly is the pronlem.I just thought the topic been car conversion,one should post freely as a alternative for people who can afford to have their cars converted in the uk.where were you when the guy from serbia posted on this thread?why did u not challenge him.Enough

Hope you know you cant shout at me in this thread, inasmuch as you have inalieanable right to post in the threads , you got to do that within the bounds and limits of the rules. As per sense of insecurity, i wonder where you get such an unbridled imagination from . How I wish we know each other f2f
Re: Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive Conversion by ADEBYTE: 5:00pm On Dec 23, 2011
I don't mean what u thought.we should be our brother's keep.let work together to make the lives of some people better.we r only trying to help.
Re: Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive Conversion by udokpuenyi(m): 6:56pm On Dec 23, 2011
@Adebyte,

No problem bro, carry on , no shaking as 2baba dey talkam
Re: Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive Conversion by ADEBYTE: 6:59pm On Dec 23, 2011
@udok.God bless.1 love
Re: Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive Conversion by ADEBYTE: 6:35pm On Dec 24, 2011
@udok,pls can u send ur number across because I have a client who want to know the cost of converting ML320
Re: Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive Conversion by ADEBYTE: 7:39pm On Dec 27, 2011
ALL MAKES OF LHD DASHBOARDS AND STERRING RACKS AVAILABLE
LEFT HAND DRIVE DASHBOARD FOR NISSAN PRIMASTER VAN

Re: Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive Conversion by ADEBYTE: 7:43pm On Dec 27, 2011
left hand drive dashboard for mercedes clk

Re: Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive Conversion by ADEBYTE: 7:46pm On Dec 27, 2011
CLEAN AND COMPLETE LEFT HAND DRIVE DASHBOARD FOR BMW 7 SERIES FROM 1997 TO 2001

COMES WITH TRIMS, GLOVES ,ARMREST AND CONSOLE

Re: Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive Conversion by ADEBYTE: 7:52pm On Dec 27, 2011
LEFT HAND DRIVE DASHBOARD AND STEERING RACK

Type of Steering Racks

Vauxhall Astra (x2)
Peogeot 406 (x2)
Ivico/Peugeot Boxer/Fiat Ducato/Citreon Relay)
Ford Fussion
SAAB 93
VM Passat/Audi A4
Peugeot Expert/Fiat Scudo/Citreon Dispatch
Mercede C Class
Complete Airco Matrix for Jaguar X type

Re: Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive Conversion by udokpuenyi(m): 4:19pm On Dec 28, 2011
ADEBYTE:

@udok,pls can u send your number across because I have a client who want to know the cost of converting ML320
Re: Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive Conversion by ADEBYTE: 4:42pm On Jan 01, 2012
Nairalanders. We are happy to inform you that we now do car conversion from RHD to LHD.what ever cars you have got,it can be converted by our group of engineers based in lagos nigeria. You can also get your DASHBOARDS from us.we have more than 800 makes of dashboards in stock.

Send us your enquiry to biyiade2@yahoo.com. OR call/text 07850270048 for all your enquiry.

You can also send us an enqiry about your car to be converted and we will send you a quote on the cost involve in your conversion

Also available are steering racks and other parts necessary for conversion
Re: Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive Conversion by Lexusgs430: 5:15pm On Jan 02, 2012
You got mail. Kindly confirm receipt.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Allen Samuel From Ondo Constructs Car (Photos, Video) / HAHAHA And LOL Number Plates: Nigerian Cars Laughing At Poverty / How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.