Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,972 members, 7,810,697 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:33 PM

Nigeria's 53rd Independence Day Celebration Kicks Off In Abuja (photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria's 53rd Independence Day Celebration Kicks Off In Abuja (photos) (16775 Views)

Bukola Saraki's 53rd Birthday Party And Cake / Bukola Saraki Celebrates His 53rd Birthday Today / 53 Pictures, 53 Nigerians And Nigeria @ 53...happy 53rd Independence Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria's 53rd Independence Day Celebration Kicks Off In Abuja (photos) by Flirtyfemi: 3:16pm On Sep 17, 2013
Ahead of the October 1 independence day celebration, a low key celebration has started on the streets of Abuja with thousands of patriotic Nigerians in colorful outfits.

http://saharareporters.com
http://www.kemifilani.com/2013/09/nigerias-53rd-independence-day.html
Re: Nigeria's 53rd Independence Day Celebration Kicks Off In Abuja (photos) by lakesguy(m): 3:21pm On Sep 17, 2013
Nigeria celebrating failure #smh#

17 Likes

Re: Nigeria's 53rd Independence Day Celebration Kicks Off In Abuja (photos) by ayobase(m): 3:46pm On Sep 17, 2013
This is the time students suffering from the disease, ASUU to take over the streets and cause any gbege!

But, endeavour to warn the government before taking over the street!

Can u imagine, we still wanna celebrate 53rd anniversary, when we are supposed to be sober!

Hmmmmmm!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's 53rd Independence Day Celebration Kicks Off In Abuja (photos) by cashkid18(m): 4:38pm On Sep 17, 2013
nigeria is gettin old ooo
53 bt ntin achieved so far..d end is truly near

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's 53rd Independence Day Celebration Kicks Off In Abuja (photos) by AkinDavid2: 5:43pm On Sep 17, 2013
A lot to celebrate yet a lot not to celebrate.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's 53rd Independence Day Celebration Kicks Off In Abuja (photos) by k10: 6:24pm On Sep 18, 2013
Where are the gold iphones?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's 53rd Independence Day Celebration Kicks Off In Abuja (photos) by Kairoseki77: 6:26pm On Sep 18, 2013
^^^^^^^^^

I want one of those gold iPhones too!
Re: Nigeria's 53rd Independence Day Celebration Kicks Off In Abuja (photos) by Masudoyindamola: 6:27pm On Sep 18, 2013

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's 53rd Independence Day Celebration Kicks Off In Abuja (photos) by Celepope: 6:27pm On Sep 18, 2013
Suffering and smiling in Fela's voice.I know some University student will be among them.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria's 53rd Independence Day Celebration Kicks Off In Abuja (photos) by Shakiboi: 6:28pm On Sep 18, 2013
How will this post boast the chance of Raji fashola to be the president of Republic of oduduwa? Least and 4get mose ipo kèffa

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's 53rd Independence Day Celebration Kicks Off In Abuja (photos) by Kairoseki77: 6:28pm On Sep 18, 2013
lakesguy: Nigeria celebrating failure #smh#

I don't know why, but this is very funny. We survived the past 53 years, so it can't all be bad. Cheer up!

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria's 53rd Independence Day Celebration Kicks Off In Abuja (photos) by musiwa1a: 6:28pm On Sep 18, 2013
[size=18pt][b] How can it be independent when a white man was Governor general , Western Nigeria became independent from Britain 15th November 1957, The Queen of England is my witness. and I am the Head of government of Western Nigeria. We have form a government to fight for our people right and get back what is legally ours..

Azikiwe and balewa were political appointee, how can political appointee make them self president. do they make political appointment in independent or by election?? the answer is NO

This why we dare Goodluck Jonathan to take me to the international court . We dont want occupation anymore.

Military laws are not recognized under international law, and those who derive power by them are not recognized too.

In the picture that we became independent from Britian 15th November 1957 and not from Nigeria, do you see igbo or hausa people there, NO. we have the video too. what do you see, the army. we are ready to fight for our right

Western Nigeria is a sovereign state and international law state ,we have have right. And even right to our own army, currency,taxes, mineral etc. And we have approach the international community for help for our people. This is international law. We say. Goodluck Jonathan should come and Join Musiwa, Ban kim moon and let iron this issue in New york. So that Ban kim moon can explain to Jonathan that Western Nigeria is a sovereign state

Jonathan should be a man, and have balls and Join me Musiwa and Ban Kim moon at the United nation. We are ready for him. We have petition the united nation. You can see, I am not hidden under any mask. No man can forcefully take our sovereignty. Jonathan should come , joining Musiwa and Ban kim moon at the United nation because Western Nigeria is a sovereign state. We dont want occupation anymore.

[/b][/size]

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's 53rd Independence Day Celebration Kicks Off In Abuja (photos) by Austeenxx: 6:28pm On Sep 18, 2013

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's 53rd Independence Day Celebration Kicks Off In Abuja (photos) by demelza: 6:29pm On Sep 18, 2013
FG should be happy because Eagle square will be filled to capacity for once.
Thanks to ASUU
Re: Nigeria's 53rd Independence Day Celebration Kicks Off In Abuja (photos) by joshuaidibia(m): 6:29pm On Sep 18, 2013
Who kick am

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's 53rd Independence Day Celebration Kicks Off In Abuja (photos) by nerodenero: 6:30pm On Sep 18, 2013
As one gets older,one is expected to be wiser.In Nigeria's case,our leaders gets only wiser in act of lootery.The looting has gone beyond control and I ask a honest question,is there anything whatsoever worth celebrating about Nigeria?Too bad,the country is aging for nothing.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria's 53rd Independence Day Celebration Kicks Off In Abuja (photos) by musiwa1a: 6:30pm On Sep 18, 2013
check your fact.
\
balewa was a political appointee, azikiwe was also a political appointee.

Michealle Jean was canada first black governor general.

[size=18pt]you people are behaving as illiterate, you are disgracing us. can political appointee like balewa and azikiwe have power over a sovereign country. NO. balewa was a political appointee. azikiwe was a political appointee.

zimbabwe and zambia , the queen appointed one man to over see them. does that make them one country. no. you people are occupier on our land.
[/size]
Re: Nigeria's 53rd Independence Day Celebration Kicks Off In Abuja (photos) by saddler: 6:31pm On Sep 18, 2013
spENDing our hard-earned money to celebrate nothing at a TIME when almost everyTHING that makes a nation worthy of emulation,respect, etc is lacking is a public display of shame.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria's 53rd Independence Day Celebration Kicks Off In Abuja (photos) by Nobody: 6:32pm On Sep 18, 2013
I see no change
Re: Nigeria's 53rd Independence Day Celebration Kicks Off In Abuja (photos) by naptu2: 6:32pm On Sep 18, 2013
That was the National Flag Day 2013 organised by the National Orientation Agency. The Director General of the NOA advocated for jail terms for people who misuse and abuse national symbols (the national flag, national coat of arms, identity card, etc).
Re: Nigeria's 53rd Independence Day Celebration Kicks Off In Abuja (photos) by otijah(m): 6:33pm On Sep 18, 2013
Y won't they celebrate failur when the president seniors the country he is leading
Re: Nigeria's 53rd Independence Day Celebration Kicks Off In Abuja (photos) by Osama10(m): 6:33pm On Sep 18, 2013
Nigeria at 53 but still crawling.
Re: Nigeria's 53rd Independence Day Celebration Kicks Off In Abuja (photos) by Nobody: 6:34pm On Sep 18, 2013
...yet ASUU is still on strike... Sometimes i just wonder...

SMH... #keepinghopealive
Re: Nigeria's 53rd Independence Day Celebration Kicks Off In Abuja (photos) by Big4wig(m): 6:34pm On Sep 18, 2013
53 years yet our politicians still dey fight for tv like WWE super stars

*rubs stomache (hunger tins).*
*runs to kitchen,opens pot(no food)..lies down

WETIN u want me to say,ABEG ANYBODY GET GARRI FOR HOUSE cos i dey H..

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's 53rd Independence Day Celebration Kicks Off In Abuja (photos) by Osama10(m): 6:35pm On Sep 18, 2013
Re: Nigeria's 53rd Independence Day Celebration Kicks Off In Abuja (photos) by Fhemmmy: 6:35pm On Sep 18, 2013
Osama10: Nigeria at 53 but still crawling.

Crawling or Still drinking milk in bottle . . . Now see all these people too dancing, if they all refuse to celebrate - wont the leader know there is an issue?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's 53rd Independence Day Celebration Kicks Off In Abuja (photos) by naptu2: 6:37pm On Sep 18, 2013
How could I miss Musiwa's post?

A new revelation! Musiwa is the head of Western Niger.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's 53rd Independence Day Celebration Kicks Off In Abuja (photos) by Osama10(m): 6:38pm On Sep 18, 2013
Fhemmmy:

Crawling or Still drinking milk in bottle . . . Now see all these people too dancing, if they all refuse to celebrate - wont the leader know there is an issue?

You mind the silly people?

What are they celebrating?

https://www.nairaland.com/1443081/40-soldiers-killed-65-missing
Re: Nigeria's 53rd Independence Day Celebration Kicks Off In Abuja (photos) by Nobody: 6:40pm On Sep 18, 2013
Nigeria! Good People, Great Nation.
Re: Nigeria's 53rd Independence Day Celebration Kicks Off In Abuja (photos) by 25Calibre(m): 6:42pm On Sep 18, 2013
What are they celebrating for? 53 years of epic failure or 53 years of corruption and steady decline? I don't get it.

Independence Day for Nigerians should be a day of regret, weeping and sober reflection.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's 53rd Independence Day Celebration Kicks Off In Abuja (photos) by moscobabs(m): 6:43pm On Sep 18, 2013
I beg wetin be independence....sey na Football club
Re: Nigeria's 53rd Independence Day Celebration Kicks Off In Abuja (photos) by Yusluv77(m): 6:45pm On Sep 18, 2013
Let all Students stand gidigba dat day and protest against dis our unfortunate leaders while they are celebrating their imminent to grave..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

EFCC: Tinubu Not Above The Law, Can Be Prosecuted – Anthony Sani / FG To Abolish Petrol Subsidy Before May 29, Attributes Delay To Election, Census / Rebellion Against Tinubu Will Affect Governance – Coalition Of Lawmakers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.