Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,167 members, 7,811,383 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:41 AM

Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. (39192 Views)

Christians Engaging In Premarital Sexual Relations Before Marriage, Is It Okay? / What Are The Spiritual Effects Of Premarital Sex? / Premarital Sex Is Not A Sin Against God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by andymofia(m): 3:31pm On Sep 17, 2013
Dear all, I have a friend whose wedding was billed for Saturday, September 21, 2013, but his pastor on interviewing the bride, discovered that they have had premarital sex and cancelled the wedding. Now the young man is confused and do not know what to do. I just hope he doesn't do something nasty. what do you advise?

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by 25omega(m): 3:41pm On Sep 17, 2013
how about finding another church undecided or even having a judge preside over the event. undecided

33 Likes

Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by Acidosis(m): 3:43pm On Sep 17, 2013
So we still have God fearing Pastors? shocked

Most Pastors would even join the bride, the (baby) pregnancy and the husband in HOLY matrimony.. cheesy

49 Likes

Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by Nobody: 3:50pm On Sep 17, 2013
They should find another pastor.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by Acidosis(m): 3:51pm On Sep 17, 2013
25omega: how about finding another church undecided or even having a judge preside over the event. undecided

Any Pastor that agree to join the man and the woman under 'this condition' is not a Pastor but a hungry tout who called himself into Ministry for personal gains..

The cancelled event can be re-arranged/re-scheduled if both party seek the face of God.. (Repentance)

..also any Judge that wish to preside over the matter can as well join them in a customary court, not a Church..

Church nor be beer parlour, oga.

Well I really do not blame you.. The new generation Pastors have turned the bible up-side and down.. Nowadays, I wonder where they get their messages.. I keep wondering if they are still preaching the same word Paul, and all the Apostles died for...

May God save us all..

61 Likes

Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by Acidosis(m): 3:53pm On Sep 17, 2013
ogugua88: They should find another pastor

misuse of word. smiley

Tout is the best word to use there..

19 Likes

Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by Nobody: 3:55pm On Sep 17, 2013
am happy,dat their are still sane pastors

6 Likes

Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by Nobody: 3:56pm On Sep 17, 2013
Acidosis: misuse of word. smiley

Tout is the best word to use there..

Pastor.

Why couldn't he reconcile them then and there? Don't people reconcile with a pastor present? Or does he want them to go reconcile in the bedroom and then return to him?

9 Likes

Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by Nobody: 3:57pm On Sep 17, 2013
Mek dem dey dia dey mumu demselves, what nonsense, is dat d only church on earth! C'mon dey should change d venue! N send bulk sms to as much persons as dey can!!! Informing dem of d change in venue!!! Nonsense

We all keep lying to ourselves n being insanely unrealistic, how on earrth will anyone think premarital sex will stop? How?
If the couple strt having sexual misunderstanding n challenges tomorrow will d pastor b dia 2 salvage them? Nonsense!!! How will U marry a man, u don't know whether he's sexual appetite is good enough for you, u won't know d size of his joystick!!! U won't know what ur lady like, n we all know, sex is a vital part of every marriage!!!!

Pls we should be realistic n stop all these stupidity!!! They should look 4 another church!!! I could even hlp dem with d bulk sms!!! Stupid

53 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by Rehil(f): 3:57pm On Sep 17, 2013
Pls i will like to know the Pastor,he deserves an award.He didn't cancell the wedding but postpone it i guess to make sure that the lady is not pregnant.i am speaking from the pastoral angel plsss.Your friend should go back for further talks with the pastor

5 Likes

Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by Nobody: 3:58pm On Sep 17, 2013
Sery777: am happy,dat their are still sane pastors

How is that sane? So nonvirgins or those who've engaged in premarital sex should never be married?

13 Likes

Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by VirginFinder: 4:01pm On Sep 17, 2013
Sorry o.

Next time wait till your wedding night. It's more honorable. tongue

5 Likes

Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by Acidosis(m): 4:07pm On Sep 17, 2013
Ogugua pls move this thread to the Religion section..

The OP would get reasonable comments from a Christian perspective.

This is not about romance, the usual bf and gf thing..

Its about Marriage, and not just a marriage but a CHURCH marriage.

You don't have to do a wedding event to be with a man, do you?
Now that she/he choose a 'Church' as against other options (like court and co-habitation), sorry! They have to abide by the laws governing the authority of the Church of God.

21 Likes

Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by andymofia(m): 4:13pm On Sep 17, 2013
Acidosis: So we still have God fearing Pastors? shocked

Most Pastors would even join the bride, the (baby) pregnancy and the husband in HOLY matrimony.. cheesy

please not that the girl is not pregnant. they just had sex

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by Nobody: 4:15pm On Sep 17, 2013
Acidosis: Ogugua pls move this thread to the Religion section..

The OP would get reasonable comments from a Christian perspective.

This is not about romance, the usual bf and gf thing..

Its about Marriage, and not just a marriage but a CHURCH marriage.

You don't have to do a wedding event to be with a man, do you?
Now that she/he choose a 'Church' as against other options (like court and co-habitation), sorry! They have to abide by the laws governing the authority of the Church of God.

Let's hope the pastor, too, is abiding by the laws and not a Nollywood pastor who is jealous he didn't knack her first.

Thread moved.

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by andymofia(m): 4:15pm On Sep 17, 2013
Rehil: Pls i will like to know the Pastor,he deserves an award.He didn't cancell the wedding but postpone it i guess to make sure that the lady is not pregnant.i am speaking from the pastoral angel plsss.Your friend should go back for further talks with the pastor

they have done the test and she is not pregnant.
Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by Acidosis(m): 4:17pm On Sep 17, 2013
Raymondenyi: Mek dem dey dia dey mumu demselves, what nonsense, is dat d only church on earth! C'mon dey should change d venue! N send bulk sms to as much persons as dey can!!! Informing dem of d change in venue!!! Nonsense

We all keep lying to ourselves n being insanely unrealistic, how on earrth will anyone think premarital sex will stop? How?
If the couple strt having sexual misunderstanding n challenges tomorrow will d pastor b dia 2 salvage them? Nonsense!!! How will U marry a man, u don't know whether he's sexual appetite is good enough for you, u won't know d size of his joystick!!! U won't know what ur lady like, n we all know, sex is a vital part of every marriage!!!!

Pls we should be realistic n stop all these stupidity!!! They should look 4 another church!!! I could even hlp dem with d bulk sms!!! Stupid

So now your new definition of LOVE & HOLY MATRIMONY is testing the genital organs of the opposite s€x..

So now, a man in a bid of searching for the woman to marry can test run the genitals of your sisters one after the other to check which genital best fit his joystick..
In a case whereby, Mr pervert is dissatisfied, he's free to further the genital hypothesis on your female cousins one-by-one...

Maybe, just maybe, after test running about 15 of them, he can then choose one that best fit on bed.. wow!

Mind you, thats Mr pervert hypothesis..

Another Mr s€xmaniac in a bid for marriage can also proceed from your sisters again one after the other on a queue testing running them each by each ... again and again... smiley wow..

You are a good "love" doctor..

36 Likes

Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by Nobody: 4:23pm On Sep 17, 2013
Acidosis: So we still have God fearing Pastors? shocked

I disagree. The pastor is wrong on this one. Does it mean the girl would never get married? Or perhaps, he expects them to go 'delete' the embryo and return for approval? Or he is hoping for a natural occurrence to 'reset' the anomaly...a miscarriage ? Blighted ovum? Pre-emclampsia? What exactly did he advise as solution to something he identified as a problem.

He claims to be serving Jesus, but he doesn't fully understand the circumstances surrounding the birth of his Christ. Mary was pregnant before marriage [the method of conception here is irrelevant]. She was rejected by society, yet she was eventually married to Joseph. Why? It was Joseph who had the final say, not the society, not the church leaders.

What if the said girl had told the pastor that her conception was immaculate (like Mary's)? What if it was through IVF or other proven non-sex-related method? Would the pastor react differently?

I hate pastors and their ridiculously low mental capacity. Even if he lacks knowledge, he should borrow some common sense from past events and save himself this embarrassment.

25 Likes

Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by Nobody: 4:31pm On Sep 17, 2013
andymofia:

they have done the test and she is not pregnant.

In this case, what does the pastor expect them to do? How does one recover virginity? Or, let's say...how does one erase past sexual encounters?

Smh. That pastor should be killed.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by homesteady(m): 4:41pm On Sep 17, 2013
Eya!! But BTW, why did he tell the pastor they've had sex before??
He should just said no! And case closed!
Maybe he was trying to claim good boy! But good boys don't do pre-marital bad tinz wink
Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by Nobody: 4:45pm On Sep 17, 2013
If this pastor were to join Mary and Joseph in holy matrimony.............I fear the very worse lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by made2fit(f): 4:51pm On Sep 17, 2013
He that is without sin should cast the first stone. The best he could have done was suspend them after the wedding for some weeks even that can be considered extreme in some quarters. The pastor is playing God of the Old covenant IMO. Tell your friend to find another church Jare or do a fine registry or trad. Wedding.Gosh! What manner of self-righteous pastor!

5 Likes

Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by farem: 4:52pm On Sep 17, 2013
[color=#990000]
YOU MEAN THEY SHOULD FIND ANOTHER GODLESS PASTOR TO ESTABLISH A GODLESS HOME ON A GODLESS FOUNDATION? WHICH IS MORE IMPORTANT, MR COUNSELOR- FOR THEM TO REPENT AND BE RESTORED TO GOD EVEN THOUGH THE PROCESS MAY NOT BE THAT SMOOTH AND PALATABLE (remember every step taken has its consequences) AND BE HAPPY EVER-AFTER THAN TO GET/HIRE A 'PASTOR' WHO WILL NOT BE THERE WITH THEM FROM THE 2ND DAY.
You see, this 'christianity' of cover-up-because-no-one-knows, of no-repentance, of everyone-is-doing-it, of it-is-not-new, of Jesus-is-not-as-bad/harsh-as this, of body-no-be-wood, of who-knows-wetin-pastor-sef-dey-do.... IS A FREE PASSPORT TO ETERNAL FIRE!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by Nobody: 5:01pm On Sep 17, 2013
ogugua88:

Let's hope the pastor, too, is abiding by the laws and not a Nollywood pastor who is jealous he didn't knack her first.

Thread moved.
lol, def. Pastor is just jealous jor.
Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by farem: 5:01pm On Sep 17, 2013
ogugua88:

How is that sane? So nonvirgins or those who've engaged in premarital sex should never be married?
[color=#990000
They should/can marry BUT only that any of such marriages [without repentance] is at the prescription of their father-in-law, Satan!
It's the world of choices. Only that your choices have effects. God (who is a Spirit) initiated, designed marriage. Therefore, marriage is spiritual thing (either positive or negative spiritual!)

1 Like

Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by mumumugu(m): 5:34pm On Sep 17, 2013
See why its best to lie to pastors.if she had lied this would't have happened

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by Enegod(m): 5:40pm On Sep 17, 2013
mumumugu: See why its best to lie to pastors.if she had lied this would't have happened
they dont lie to their pastors bcoz they see them as God

1 Like

Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by Nobody: 5:44pm On Sep 17, 2013
So they can't get married coz they had premarital sex?
I don't get this ,can sum1 explain

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by nora544: 5:49pm On Sep 17, 2013
Nigerian Pastors make me laugh, one buy a husband for her daughter that she didnot has a child without a husband, the other pastor tell that they cannot marry in the church, and the next pastor will test if she realy is a virgin grin grin grin grin

There are pastors who tell there church members you cannot marry a person outside the church.
There are pastors they will tell you that the person you want to marry is not the right one because he got the message from god

What come next grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by kobenol(m): 7:20pm On Sep 17, 2013
If the bride-to be is pregnant, the couple can't be solemnized in Holy matrimony but could as well get "marital blessing" instead.
Otherwise what would the pastor suggest to undo the deed?
We all sin anyway and get forgiven. (Lord's prayer Matt. 6:9-13)
I'd say some things are not well understood by the said pastor and he's judging without competent authority. There is no greater sin or lesser sin, God's grace abounds and He's merciful!
In the "Pastor's" ideological church, non-virgins can't be Solemnised...Crap of the year!
Premarital sex is not a death blow for anybody's marriage.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by Nobody: 8:07pm On Sep 17, 2013
Meaning the woman should never get married again because they've had pre-marital sex undecided

I guess even divorced people aren't meant to get married again. Or isn't that holy matrimony too?

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by Acidosis(m): 9:14pm On Sep 17, 2013
These days, I've learnt not to argue carelessly on Nairaland...
Esp with people who do not reason in the right direction.
I'd be f00lish to allow a native doctor carry out a complex surgery on me..

Whats the point of defending the Pastor with bible verses in the midst of people who cannot even quote 2 verses of the bible..?

Whats the point of defending the Pastor in the midst of shallow minded yet Church attending riff-raffs who think all Churches are the same?? They espect a Deeper Life Church for instance to act like their new generation Church of harlots, hooligans and cooporate pros. titutes.

Whats the point of defending this MAN of GOD in the midst of people who believe a Pastor is suppose to join a choir master and a choir mistress who have slept with each other (countless times) in HOLY MATRIMONY YET they're always first to hold the mic to sing "Holy spirit" inspired songs..

Who knows if this 'bride' is the head of the Evangelism Unit in her Church¿
Yet they expect the PASTOR to join her with a man without any disciplinary action?
Gosh! Whats wrong with these people? where una from come? caves or coven?

Whats the point in defending the word of God among Church going sinners and tithe paying lovepedlers?

Whats the point in defending the word among so called 'Christian' who cannot succesfully narrate the simplest story in the bible, let alone practise the word?

Of what use are my posts to an individual who do not know the story of Ananias and Sapphira? Oh They forgot these two couple died an instant death the same second they lied to a man of God! Now I won't be surprised if they mistake the word "Man of God" in my context with their bling bling pastor who would gladly join 'anything' together, so long money is involved..

*Don't get me wrong, y'all. I'm not HOLY, but a man with principles..
I don't misplace pity and senselessness with good judgement. When its time for politics, I deal with it with a political tool, same way I handle religious Christain Born-Again matters with my tool - The HOLY Bible

54 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

David Ibiyeomie: Two Plots Of Land Not Enough For Me, My Cars, Entourage / Church Members Storm Watchnight Service With Cutlasses For ‘Battle’. Photos / Lagos State Is Under Siege - Deeper Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.