Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,792 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:02 PM

Italian Palm-Oil Company Relocates To Ile-ife, Osun State. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Italian Palm-Oil Company Relocates To Ile-ife, Osun State. (13743 Views)

Buhari’s Wife Relocates To Aso Rock Ahead Of Husband / Buhari Relocates To Defence House In Maitama, Abuja / Rivers Election Petition Tribunal Relocates To Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Italian Palm-Oil Company Relocates To Ile-ife, Osun State. by gratiaeo(m): 10:31am On Sep 18, 2013
So far its from Osundefender all na wash

1 Like

Re: Italian Palm-Oil Company Relocates To Ile-ife, Osun State. by IleIfe2(m): 10:36am On Sep 18, 2013
Re: Italian Palm-Oil Company Relocates To Ile-ife, Osun State. by Tolexander: 10:41am On Sep 18, 2013
Burger01:

Authentic omo ife you are Tolexander.. cool
no o!
I no be omo ife o!
Only born and bred in ife o!

1 Like

Re: Italian Palm-Oil Company Relocates To Ile-ife, Osun State. by larride(m): 10:51am On Sep 18, 2013
Nice development
Re: Italian Palm-Oil Company Relocates To Ile-ife, Osun State. by ojtopsy: 10:56am On Sep 18, 2013
Tolexander: Ife ooye ejigiri
e ji giri ke gbe ife ga
olori aye, ife ooye
e mura lati tesiwaju
oranfe onile ina
ooduwa aweriri jagun
okan lerinwo irunmole
e gbe fe leke ota gbogbo

Ile ife ni orirun aye
ilu asa o, ilu esin
gbogbo yoruba e ka refe
ka wa lo wo oun adayeba tojoju
ile oodua, ife lowa
opa oranyan ile ife ni
odi moremi, ile ife ni
ara e ka re ife orirun aye

HOPE U'll sing dis song again when u and ur neighbor, modakeke starts again.
Re: Italian Palm-Oil Company Relocates To Ile-ife, Osun State. by Tolexander: 11:08am On Sep 18, 2013
ojtopsy:

HOPE U'll sing dis song again when u and ur neighbor, modakeke starts again.
i can see you were in ife from 1997 to 2010!
Re: Italian Palm-Oil Company Relocates To Ile-ife, Osun State. by chukxie(m): 11:13am On Sep 18, 2013
passion007: I don't see anything exciting about this news piece. Our ancestors already perfected local methods of oil palm processing, yet several years later, we are excited the Italians are producing palm oil for us. What a shame! Why don't the government draw up a proposal with the farmers themselves and build this processing plant. Or, encourage local investors to set up the plant. That way, we would have created more jobs and kept the profit among Nigerians.

May be tomorrow, we would partner Sudan to set up a garri processing plant in Ijebuland.

PS: I expect to be called an enemy of progress for this. But I ask, is this progress?

Good one!
Re: Italian Palm-Oil Company Relocates To Ile-ife, Osun State. by rhazur(m): 11:15am On Sep 18, 2013
Ifesowapo l'osun je!!!!
Re: Italian Palm-Oil Company Relocates To Ile-ife, Osun State. by ketoprofen(m): 11:20am On Sep 18, 2013
geeez: There's more economic activity in Osun State than a lot of states in Nigeria

Osun o ni baje

Yorubaland o ni baje

While some people are politicking, we are engaging in serious economic activities

Next year when we post our GDP figures, they will start poking fingers at it

italian owned...
Re: Italian Palm-Oil Company Relocates To Ile-ife, Osun State. by JNdupu: 11:22am On Sep 18, 2013
Be careful about this development. How many Italians have you ever seen chopping ewa riro?

They are looking for a cheaper source of palm oil for their bio petroleum industries. That is where the high value lies in the value chain. They may even sell back to us the expensive petroleum!

Even assuming a modest of growth, they will soon corner the market and push up palm oil prices in the local market.

Unlike the likes of Malaysia, were cannot afford to jeopardize the availability of such an mportant food component.
Re: Italian Palm-Oil Company Relocates To Ile-ife, Osun State. by corexel: 11:31am On Sep 18, 2013
Paul John:

Tolu, which kind dialect be this? undecided
Speak oyo make we hear jor cool

That is the dialect from the source, the cradle of the human race
Re: Italian Palm-Oil Company Relocates To Ile-ife, Osun State. by corexel: 11:38am On Sep 18, 2013
Paul John:
http://www.osundefender.org/?p=121708

Please cross check and be sure of any news about ife from osundefender. The hatred of this junk for ife and the ifes is obvious. It is anti-ife paper and that is the reason why it can never be circulated beyond osogbo and its evirons. a fight against the house of Oduduwa is a fight against progress and development. Those that did the same in Concord Newspaper of yesteryears are no where to be found.
Re: Italian Palm-Oil Company Relocates To Ile-ife, Osun State. by SIRKOL(m): 11:47am On Sep 18, 2013
Whose money is the so called governor investing and 2 whose progress??
Re: Italian Palm-Oil Company Relocates To Ile-ife, Osun State. by Nobody: 12:00pm On Sep 18, 2013
corexel:

Please cross check and be sure of any news about ife from osundefender. The hatred of this junk for ife and the ifes is obvious.[b] It is anti-ife paper and that is the reason why it can never be circulated beyond osogbo and its evirons. [/b]a fight against the house of Oduduwa is a fight against progress and development. Those that did the same in Concord Newspaper of yesteryears are no where to be found.

But Osun Defender is sold in Ife. I have bought it on several occasions. And I still see it on newsstands whenever I come around.
Re: Italian Palm-Oil Company Relocates To Ile-ife, Osun State. by tpia5: 12:02pm On Sep 18, 2013
Davo93: Nice development. Ondo should have been a cool location though considering their palm production capacity in Nigeria.

Nothing wrong with it being in osun although maybe abeokuta or ibadan would have been ok for it.

Also, hope we wont hear news of further batches sent to italy for you know what.
Re: Italian Palm-Oil Company Relocates To Ile-ife, Osun State. by ceejayluv(m): 12:06pm On Sep 18, 2013
geeez: There's more economic activity in Osun State than a lot of states in Nigeria

Osun o ni baje

Yorubaland o ni baje

While some people are politicking, we are engaging in serious economic activities

Next year when we post our GDP figures, they will start poking fingers at it
Paranoia?

1 Like

Re: Italian Palm-Oil Company Relocates To Ile-ife, Osun State. by Frej(m): 12:19pm On Sep 18, 2013
If this is true, it will be nice, more jobs needed.
Re: Italian Palm-Oil Company Relocates To Ile-ife, Osun State. by tpia5: 12:29pm On Sep 18, 2013
JNdupu: Be careful about this development. How many Italians have you ever seen chopping ewa riro?

They are looking for a cheaper source of palm oil for their bio petroleum industries. That is where the high value lies in the value chain. They may even sell back to us the expensive petroleum!

Even assuming a modest of growth, they will soon corner the market and push up palm oil prices in the local market.

Unlike the likes of Malaysia, were cannot afford to jeopardize the availability of such an mportant food component.

Its either the company is owned by a nigerian or they are there for something else.
Re: Italian Palm-Oil Company Relocates To Ile-ife, Osun State. by Nobody: 12:38pm On Sep 18, 2013
corexel:

Please cross check and be sure of any news about ife from osundefender. The hatred of this junk for ife and the ifes is obvious. It is anti-ife paper and that is the reason why it can never be circulated beyond osogbo and its evirons. a fight against the house of Oduduwa is a fight against progress and development. Those that did the same in Concord Newspaper of yesteryears are no where to be found.
Hatred for Ife? Oga park well joor
Re: Italian Palm-Oil Company Relocates To Ile-ife, Osun State. by Nobody: 12:41pm On Sep 18, 2013
Tolexander: no o!
I no be omo ife o!
Same here Bro, born at Ilare and grew at Ife before I relocated to ABJ......Oodua a gbe a ooooo...Osun a dara...Cheers.
Re: Italian Palm-Oil Company Relocates To Ile-ife, Osun State. by basilo101: 1:37pm On Sep 18, 2013
I jst de laf. Development by foriegn invasion and useles paper GDP. Our ppl proces locally whic doesnt nt reflect on GDP figures bt ensures more moni for d masses. Others who proces at small n medium industry level r our brodas n sistas, nt d white man
Re: Italian Palm-Oil Company Relocates To Ile-ife, Osun State. by Nobody: 1:42pm On Sep 18, 2013
e ji giri ke gbe ife ga
olori aye, ife ooye
e mura lati tesiwaju
oranfe onile ina
ooduwa aweriri jagun
okan lerinwo irunmole
e gbe fe leke ota gbogbo

Ile ife ni orirun aye
ilu asa o, ilu esin
gbogbo yoruba e ka refe
ile oodua, ife lowa
opa oranyan ile ife ni
odi moremi, ile ife ni

I'm from Ife (Enuwa) but I don't know this anthem because I left Ife for Lagos at 8. I feel bad about this.
Re: Italian Palm-Oil Company Relocates To Ile-ife, Osun State. by Burger01(m): 1:44pm On Sep 18, 2013
Tolexander: no o!
I no be omo ife o!

You be omo ife by birth jare.

grin
Re: Italian Palm-Oil Company Relocates To Ile-ife, Osun State. by Burger01(m): 1:46pm On Sep 18, 2013
corexel:

That is the dialect from the source, the cradle of the human race

.. the cradle of Yoruba civilization..

cool
Re: Italian Palm-Oil Company Relocates To Ile-ife, Osun State. by DaaSlim(m): 1:46pm On Sep 18, 2013
Konmight: Same here Bro, born at Ilare and grew at Ife before I relocated to ABJ......Oodua a gbe a ooooo...Osun a dara...Cheers.

If you are born at Ilare, it means you attend Oduduwa College, Oranmiyan Grammer school or Oluorogbo............lol
Never mind me....Just taught of that environment some years back.
Great Ife!
Re: Italian Palm-Oil Company Relocates To Ile-ife, Osun State. by DaaSlim(m): 1:48pm On Sep 18, 2013
e ji giri ke gbe ife ga
olori aye, ife ooye
e mura lati tesiwaju
oranfe onile ina
ooduwa aweriri jagun
okan lerinwo irunmole
e gbe fe leke ota gbogbo

Ile ife ni orirun aye
ilu asa o, ilu esin
gbogbo yoruba e ka refe
ile oodua, ife lowa
opa oranyan ile ife ni
odi moremi, ile ife ni

God bless you Tolex.
Re: Italian Palm-Oil Company Relocates To Ile-ife, Osun State. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 1:59pm On Sep 18, 2013
Omexonomy: Eran oko. Please for ur own good next time speak english
Foo.l, Ife anthem can never be in English.
Re: Italian Palm-Oil Company Relocates To Ile-ife, Osun State. by prettyify(f): 2:39pm On Sep 18, 2013
So now we can't process palm oil....Wat a shame! undecided every white man must do something for us

1 Like

Re: Italian Palm-Oil Company Relocates To Ile-ife, Osun State. by Lilchilz(m): 3:15pm On Sep 18, 2013
olasha1: wooow development evry day in Osun state, d state of the living spring..may Almighty continue to bless AND STRENGTHENING u OGBENI

MEANWHILE IN ANOTHER DEVELOPMENT; FOR UR AFFORDABLE AND GENUINE LAND AND HOUSE LEASING / RENT IN LEKKI LAGOS PLS CALL 08068717899 / 08155196611..PIN 2687847E
scamerss!!! they don dey here too......
Re: Italian Palm-Oil Company Relocates To Ile-ife, Osun State. by dharrey2012: 3:52pm On Sep 18, 2013
Until the day Nigerians stop celebrating "ignorance" and start to embrace true accountability from our leaders, I don't think Nigeria will experience real progress that we are clamoring for. I just wonder how even educated among us allow dis politicians to blindfold us wif their swt words.
I stay in Osun and I must confess, most of what u ppl who are outside d state read are mere political noise and propagandas. Am nt an Anti-Aregbe, but truth is there for us all..........here are few list of things I observed;
1. Av never seen any of the "opon imo" wif any student in Osun (av lived all my life in d state).
2. How on earth will u call policy of giving dsame/identical uniform to all secondary schl student progressive wen the actual I idea behind uniform has bn removed. Uniform is for identity, to difrntiate. If any student commits crime nobody can identify d skul responsible......just imagine all workers( doctors, nurses, engineers, pilots, cleaners....etc) wearing same uniform.
3. The biggest issue here is the local government election. No LGA in osun has any elected chairman. The state government only gives peanut allocation to dem coz dey control dos caretakers. In my LGA, the chairman complained that dey only give den 1/5 of their real allocation. Which acc is all dis money going to. NOTE: it runs to millions of Naira every month.
4. Heft tax on ppl who barely makes enuf money to feed their families per month. what happens to the tax we pay on PHCN bills and other services we pay for.
5. Even infrastructures the government claims to be building are nt as much as we had it in previous regimes. 4years ago, there was constant water supply in Ile-Ife (in my area, everyday). What has happened to that within just for years that the whole system collapsed and d government is giving the contract for rehabilitation out as if it wasn't functioning before the goevernment came to power.
6. Even the feeding of primary skul student was in place before dis regime. It was more effective den.
............The list is endless.

They just keep re-packaging same old system for us.......and we ignorantly praise dem for stealing our money.
I will love it if anybody can tell us just one developmental policy or thing dis government has introduced dt d previous government didn't.
Re: Italian Palm-Oil Company Relocates To Ile-ife, Osun State. by JNdupu: 3:55pm On Sep 18, 2013
prettyify: So now we can't process palm oil....Wat a shame! undecided every white man must do something for us

We can but the price of this processed palm oil is very close to what these Italians can get in Malaysia so they want to 'bypass the middleman' so to speak and set up their own processing facilities. They will then enter into exclusive contracts with palm fruit farms which will squeeze local supply and push up prices.

Their business model factors all the costs in the value chain (which they are capturing almost in its entirety by now setting up this processing plant) and it compares favorably with petroleum from traditional sources. They've signed an MOU but if the price differential closes up, they'll vamoose (but by then they would have served the political PR process abi?)

Let me be clear, there is a growing moral aversion to diverting agriculture products towards bio-petroleum production because it competes with the availability of food. At the very least, there should be a Regulatory regime that safeguards the food alternative including pricing. These Italians know how things work in Naija and they will exploit it as long as they can.

I speak from a position of knowledge having refused to facilitate a similar venture on moral and patriotic grounds.

2 Likes

Re: Italian Palm-Oil Company Relocates To Ile-ife, Osun State. by madamoringo(f): 4:53pm On Sep 18, 2013
JNdupu:

We can but the price of this processed palm oil is very close to what these Italians can get in Malaysia so they want to 'bypass the middleman' so to speak and set up their own processing facilities. They will then enter into exclusive contracts with palm fruit farms which will squeeze local supply and push up prices.

Their business model factors all the costs in the value chain (which they are capturing almost in its entirety by now setting up this processing plant) and it compares favorably with petroleum from traditional sources. They've signed an MOU but if the price differential closes up, they'll vamoose (but by then they would have served the political PR process abi?)

Let me be clear, there is a growing moral aversion to diverting agriculture products towards bio-petroleum production because it competes with the availability of food. At the very least, there should be a Regulatory regime that safeguards the food alternative including pricing. These Italians know how things work in Naija and they will exploit it as long as they can.

I speak from a position of knowledge having refused to facilitate a similar venture on moral and patriotic grounds.

You people are very funny! Is it not some Nigerians that hate the palm oil, palm kernel, palm anything work of their fathers they call some people Yoruba in Nigeria? LWKMD now you are crying?? Well, NOTHING will make me happier if the Italian company squeezes every drop of palm oil away from the people who hold the hand work of their fathers in contempt calling some people Yoruba. They complain about palm oil soup but are now crying because another company is investing a lot of their money and energies into it? Well, I look forward to the day higher quality mmanu and Yoruba will be exported directly across the Niger at premium prices just because it is higher quality and cleaner.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Disarm Fulani Herdsmen Now, South-east Monarchs Tells FG.. / Makarfi Declares Presidential Bid, Battles Atiku For PDP Ticket / EFCC Secures Arrest Warrant For Diezani Madueke As Extradition Proceedings Begin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.