Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,597 members, 7,820,145 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:22 AM

Italian Palm-Oil Company Relocates To Ile-ife, Osun State. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Italian Palm-Oil Company Relocates To Ile-ife, Osun State. (13756 Views)

Buhari’s Wife Relocates To Aso Rock Ahead Of Husband / Buhari Relocates To Defence House In Maitama, Abuja / Rivers Election Petition Tribunal Relocates To Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Italian Palm-Oil Company Relocates To Ile-ife, Osun State. by JNdupu: 4:58pm On Sep 18, 2013
madam_oringo:

You people are very funny! Is it not some Nigerians that hate the palm oil, palm kernel, palm anything work of their fathers they call some people Yoruba in Nigeria? LWKMD now you are crying?? Well, NOTHING will make me happier if the Italian company squeezes every drop of palm oil away from the people who hold the hand work of their fathers in contempt calling some people Yoruba. They complain about palm oil soup but are now crying because another company is investing a lot of their money and energies into it? Well, I look forward to the day higher quality mmanu and Yoruba will be exported directly across the Niger at premium prices just because it is higher quality and cleaner.

Did you read any of what I wrote or you just felt the need to dig out some long-standing bugbear of yours and land it on my reply?

"You people", which people?
Re: Italian Palm-Oil Company Relocates To Ile-ife, Osun State. by madamoringo(f): 5:24pm On Sep 18, 2013
JNdupu:

Did you read any of what I wrote or you just felt the need to dig out some long-standing bugbear of yours and land it on my reply?

"You people", which people?

Well, I refuse to join issues with you knowing well that every time anyone tries to debate you vigorously, no holds barred, your usual mods are out to quickly ban such. In any case, grow your on palm oil and let the new company grow theirs too. However, nothing will make me happier when palm oil is exported across the Niger to the states of the abusive people of Nigeria at premium rates while we can feed fat on more employment opportunities and tax revenues to our coffers.
Re: Italian Palm-Oil Company Relocates To Ile-ife, Osun State. by JNdupu: 5:34pm On Sep 18, 2013
madam_oringo:

Well, I refuse to join issues with you knowing well that every time anyone tries to debate you vigorously, no holds barred, your usual mods are out to quickly ban such. In any case, grow your on palm oil and let the new company grow theirs too. However, nothing will make me happier when palm oil is exported across the Niger to the states of the abusive people of Nigeria at premium rates while we can feed fat on more employment opportunities and tax revenues to our coffers.
[quote author=madam_oringo]

Ah .. I see. Another one that sees everything through an ethnic prism.

Abeg, leave me out of that aspect. I hold no truck for any ethnic warrior group and I've never debated anything with you or anyone here.

I'm just sharing the benefit of my experience - after all, that's what this board should be about.
Re: Italian Palm-Oil Company Relocates To Ile-ife, Osun State. by passion007: 6:33pm On Sep 18, 2013
madam_oringo:

You people are very funny! Is it not some Nigerians that hate the palm oil, palm kernel, palm anything work of their fathers they call some people Yoruba in Nigeria? LWKMD now you are crying?? Well, NOTHING will make me happier if the Italian company squeezes every drop of palm oil away from the people who hold the hand work of their fathers in contempt calling some people Yoruba. They complain about palm oil soup but are now crying because another company is investing a lot of their money and energies into it? Well, I look forward to the day higher quality mmanu and Yoruba will be exported directly across the Niger at premium prices just because it is higher quality and cleaner.
Madame, are you even listening to yourself? I see you would gladly cut your nose to spite your face. I have attended some health conferences with Italians who opine that there is a higher incidence of heart attacks in Southern Nigeria compared to Northern Nigeria. And they point to palm oil as the causative factor, claiming that the Southern diet is largely palm oil-based. Now, suddenly they want to help us produce more palm oil... How does that work? The truth is they are likely going divert the palm oil to other uses especially as a bio fuel (and the company's website suggests this). Very soon, palm oil will become a premium resource, and Southern Nigeria will have to turn to processed palm from Italy under various guises: low-fat palm, no-fat palm etc . Assuming there's truly a higher incidence of heart attacks in the South, and assuming palm oil is the sole cause, wouldn't we still be able to process this oil to our taste?

I ask this because I'm genuinely concerned.
Re: Italian Palm-Oil Company Relocates To Ile-ife, Osun State. by agbameta: 6:57pm On Sep 18, 2013
abdulslutsky: And dis shall be called O-PALMOIL

And so it shall be called. O-Palm Oil.
Re: Italian Palm-Oil Company Relocates To Ile-ife, Osun State. by agbameta: 7:02pm On Sep 18, 2013
Again, another stride and development in the SW...

.......and again of course, the angry and bitter zero development folks from the land of nothing on the other side of the Niger are here to express their usual bitterness and sorrow..

Never fails.. grin
Re: Italian Palm-Oil Company Relocates To Ile-ife, Osun State. by madamoringo(f): 7:09pm On Sep 18, 2013
passion007: Madame, are you even listening to yourself? I see you would gladly cut your nose to spite your face. I have attended some health conferences with Italians who opine that there is a higher incidence of heart attacks in Southern Nigeria compared to Northern Nigeria. And they point to palm oil as the causative factor, claiming that the Southern diet is largely palm oil-based. Now, suddenly they want to help us produce more palm oil... How does that work? The truth is they are likely going divert the palm oil to other uses especially as a bio fuel (and the company's website suggests this). Very soon, palm oil will become a premium resource, and Southern Nigeria will have to turn to processed palm from Italy under various guises: low-fat palm, no-fat palm etc . Assuming there's truly a higher incidence of heart attacks in the South, and assuming palm oil is the sole cause, wouldn't we still be able to process this oil to our taste?

I ask this because I'm genuinely concerned.

So now you are crying because your precious palm oil is about to be turned into sweet petrol for my car? Well, cry me a river! You people never cared about palm oil anyway, like you fathers so why the cries? "Na our oyel" why are you afraid? That we have ample land to grow enough raw materials for petrol to power our vehicles and machines ad infinitum? Oh, you know there will be more job opportunities in Osun? An increase in the tax base meaning more money primarily for the people you love to hate? It is known that you people think you abuse the west despite the fact that your fathers and grandfathers took to palm oil production as their vocation, with which they initially developed your land and educated your fathers. Today an average one of you would run away from it, abuse (the joke's on you anyway) the SW and now you complain that some other people want the product you deride? Cry your eyes out, we will sell you palm oil in different processed grades, low-fat, high-fat, medium-fat, red, green and yellow - nothing you can do plus of course sweet petrol from the once derided palm oil - YAY!

BTW, stop being an ignoramus. All types of edible oils are fattening - not just palm oil - including olive oil (one of the least fattening). For hundreds of years, it was used by your fathers and grandfathers, how many died of obesity induced heart attack? I know you are grasping at straws doing everything to pull down this initiative but you have failed!

1 Like

Re: Italian Palm-Oil Company Relocates To Ile-ife, Osun State. by passion007: 7:47pm On Sep 18, 2013
madam_oringo:

So now you are crying because your precious palm oil is about to be turned into sweet petrol for my car? Well, cry me a river! You people never cared about palm oil anyway, like you fathers so why the cries? "Na our oyel" why are you afraid? That we have ample land to grow enough raw materials for petrol to power our vehicles and machines ad infinitum? Oh, you know there will be more job opportunities in Osun? An increase in the tax base meaning more money primarily for the people you love to hate? It is known that you people think you abuse the west despite the fact that your fathers and grandfathers took to palm oil production as their vocation, with which they initially developed your land and educated your fathers. Today an average one of you would run away from it, abuse (the joke's on you anyway) the SW and now you complain that some other people want the product you deride? Cry your eyes out, we will sell you palm oil in different processed grades, low-fat, high-fat, medium-fat, red, green and yellow - nothing you can do plus of course sweet petrol from the once derided palm oil - YAY!

BTW, stop being an ignoramus. All types of edible oils are fattening - not just palm oil - including olive oil (one of the least fattening). For hundreds of years, it was used by your fathers and grandfathers, how many died of obesity induced heart attack? I know you are grasping at straws doing everything to pull down this initiative but you have failed!

Oh, well, it's down to Us vs Them.
At least, your brothers from across the Niger tried to say "This is a mistake, costly, not easily corrected"
But you chose to reply "Take your advice and shove it!"

Thankfully, the East has her Adapalm indigenous palm oil processing factory. When the have-nots in your land can no longer afford the luxury of palm oil (as was the case with Oloyin beans), may be the goodhearted Rochas will come to your rescue. After all, what are (APC) friends for?

1 Like

Re: Italian Palm-Oil Company Relocates To Ile-ife, Osun State. by Toluma(f): 7:59pm On Sep 18, 2013
this is goodnews
Re: Italian Palm-Oil Company Relocates To Ile-ife, Osun State. by buffny: 9:50pm On Sep 18, 2013
Bleep italy
Re: Italian Palm-Oil Company Relocates To Ile-ife, Osun State. by olivertwist: 10:00pm On Sep 18, 2013
O'Palm Oil grin grin grin Good investment for both parties. Nice one.
Re: Italian Palm-Oil Company Relocates To Ile-ife, Osun State. by Segadem(m): 12:01pm On Sep 19, 2013
passion007: I don't see anything exciting about this news piece. Our ancestors already perfected local methods of oil palm processing, yet several years later, we are excited the Italians are producing palm oil for us. What a shame! Why don't the government draw up a proposal with the farmers themselves and build this processing plant. Or, encourage local investors to set up the plant. That way, we would have created more jobs and kept the profit among Nigerians.

May be tomorrow, we would partner Sudan to set up a garri processing plant in Ijebuland.

PS: I expect to be called an enemy of progress for this. But I ask, is this progress?
This news is a two traffic,the goodnews is that there will be employment for osun state people and the bad news is that the price of palm-oil would be sky rocketed nation wide.
Re: Italian Palm-Oil Company Relocates To Ile-ife, Osun State. by Abariwiseman: 2:13pm On Sep 19, 2013
the firm won't last long, due to wrong siteing.
It should have been sited in south-south or south east, where we have aburdant oil-palm
Re: Italian Palm-Oil Company Relocates To Ile-ife, Osun State. by bloggernaija: 4:01pm On Sep 19, 2013
tpia@:

Nothing wrong with it being in osun although maybe abeokuta or ibadan would have been ok for it.

Also, hope we wont hear news of further batches sent to italy for you know what.
The point he is making is that the ondo governor is useless.
Like a USED NOKIA 3310 in the smartphone age
Re: Italian Palm-Oil Company Relocates To Ile-ife, Osun State. by bloggernaija: 4:10pm On Sep 19, 2013
dharrey2012: Until the day Nigerians stop celebrating "ignorance" and start to embrace true accountability from our leaders, I don't think Nigeria will experience real progress that we are clamoring for. I just wonder how even educated among us allow dis politicians to blindfold us wif their swt words.
I stay in Osun and I must confess, most of what u ppl who are outside d state read are mere political noise and propagandas. Am nt an Anti-Aregbe, but truth is there for us all..........here are few list of things I observed;
1. Av never seen any of the "opon imo" wif any student in Osun (av lived all my life in d state).
2. How on earth will u call policy of giving dsame/identical uniform to all secondary schl student progressive wen the actual I idea behind uniform has bn removed. Uniform is for identity, to difrntiate. If any student commits crime nobody can identify d skul responsible......just imagine all workers( doctors, nurses, engineers, pilots, cleaners....etc) wearing same uniform.
3. The biggest issue here is the local government election. No LGA in osun has any elected chairman. The state government only gives peanut allocation to dem coz dey control dos caretakers. In my LGA, the chairman complained that dey only give den 1/5 of their real allocation. Which acc is all dis money going to. NOTE: it runs to millions of Naira every month.
4. Heft tax on ppl who barely makes enuf money to feed their families per month. what happens to the tax we pay on PHCN bills and other services we pay for.
5. Even infrastructures the government claims to be building are nt as much as we had it in previous regimes. 4years ago, there was constant water supply in Ile-Ife (in my area, everyday). What has happened to that within just for years that the whole system collapsed and d government is giving the contract for rehabilitation out as if it wasn't functioning before the goevernment came to power.
6. Even the feeding of primary skul student was in place before dis regime. It was more effective den.
............The list is endless.

They just keep re-packaging same old system for us.......and we ignorantly praise dem for stealing our money.
I will love it if anybody can tell us just one developmental policy or thing dis government has introduced dt d previous government didn't.

This sounds like the rant of a jobless PDP ex councillor.
No more money to share

The people on the ground think otherwise.
He is attacking the essence of the unified uniform by giving crime as one of the arguments against.very useless argument
Reason :affordability because of uniformity .
I won't bother myself with the rest of your baseless rant.

However ,there is an undisputed fact,this man has done or is doing more in 2 yrs than what most governors have done in 8 yrs.

1 Like

Re: Italian Palm-Oil Company Relocates To Ile-ife, Osun State. by ketoprofen(m): 5:28pm On Sep 19, 2013
agbameta: Again, another stride and development in the SW...

.......and again of course, the angry and bitter zero development folks from the land of nothing on the other side of the Niger are here to express their usual bitterness and sorrow..

Never fails.. grin

dis one no follow for devt nah, how haters go hate this?
Is dis going to improve d standard of living of those indigenes?
If not, hating is not allowed here.
Re: Italian Palm-Oil Company Relocates To Ile-ife, Osun State. by ketoprofen(m): 5:33pm On Sep 19, 2013
passion007:

Oh, well, it's down to Us vs Them.
At least, your brothers from across the Niger tried to say "This is a mistake, costly, not easily corrected"
But you chose to reply "Take your advice and shove it!"

Thankfully, the East has her Adapalm indigenous palm oil processing factory. When the have-nots in your land can no longer afford the luxury of palm oil (as was the case with Oloyin beans), may be the goodhearted Rochas will come to your rescue. After all, what are (APC) friends for?

Adapalm !
Indigenous!
Thats d way out. Leave all those ppl that brag abt everything being in their land even though they dont own any.
We need economic independence from white ppl and only easterners are gearing 2wds it.
North and west be like : 'white ppl, abeg,come and colonise us again. We no fit on our own'.
Hehehehe.
And 2moro, dey will yarn GDP dat will not correspond to their wages per month , bank acct balance and houses they build.
Re: Italian Palm-Oil Company Relocates To Ile-ife, Osun State. by passion007: 6:48pm On Sep 19, 2013
ketoprofen:

Adapalm !
Indigenous!
Thats d way out. Leave all those ppl that brag abt everything being in their land even though they dont own any.
We need economic independence from white ppl and only easterners are gearing 2wds it.
North and west be like : 'white ppl, abeg,come and colonise us again. We no fit on our own'.
Hehehehe.
And 2moro, dey will yarn GDP dat will not correspond to their wages per month , bank acct balance and houses they build.
It's like someone rightly observed: "Must every Whiteman do something for us?" cry
This overdependence on the West is truly disturbing.

1 Like

Re: Italian Palm-Oil Company Relocates To Ile-ife, Osun State. by dharrey2012: 11:53pm On Sep 20, 2013
bloggernaija:

No more money to share

He is attacking the essence of the unified uniform by giving crime as one of the arguments against.very useless argument

However ,there is an undisputed fact,this man has done or is doing more in 2 yrs than what most governors have done in 8 yrs.
Arguments like dis one is one good reason y ppl belv most literates are ignorant.
these are are facts and u r here attacking my personality! Its a pity!!!!
Well, if u r a graduate, am nt surprised dt u don't knw wat a skul uniform symbolizes. I can't belv u can come up wit a lame argument like uniformity makes it affordable. These material are not sold in markets dude, government shipped them in. Education sector is sensitive, u don't lose the real idea behind uniform while trying to impress and cut cost, get that right!!!
Last time I checked, materials used for all dos uniform public skuls wear doesn't cost more dan 100naira per yard!
Re: Italian Palm-Oil Company Relocates To Ile-ife, Osun State. by Nobody: 12:30am On Sep 21, 2013
bloggernaija:

No more money to share

You are correct. In my opinion.
Re: Italian Palm-Oil Company Relocates To Ile-ife, Osun State. by basilo101: 7:10pm On Sep 22, 2013
WILSON GROUP has bn processing palm oil (Solive Oil) in Enugu state 4 long. Y cnt u ppl embrace local entrapreneurship?

1 Like

Re: Italian Palm-Oil Company Relocates To Ile-ife, Osun State. by ketoprofen(m): 9:55pm On Sep 22, 2013
basilo101: WILSON GROUP has bn processing palm oil (Solive Oil) in Enugu state 4 long. Y cnt u ppl embrace local entrapreneurship?

for where?
Re: Italian Palm-Oil Company Relocates To Ile-ife, Osun State. by ojtopsy: 3:37pm On Oct 02, 2013
Tolexander: i can see you were in ife from 1997 to 2010!
U a partially right. Actually I was there btw 1995-2001. So I witnessed a glimpse of da madness. Neva knew any crazy investor will think of putting his money where violence can erupt without sensible excuse.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Oil Theft: NNPC To Deploy Drones In Nigeria’s Territorial Waters / Buhari's Health Not As Terrible As Speculated — Presidency / APC Wins Majority Seats In Benue Assembly Election: APC 21, PDP 10, LP 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.