Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,722 members, 7,820,508 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:13 PM

Governors Demand Okonjo-Iweala’s Resignation - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governors Demand Okonjo-Iweala’s Resignation (1541 Views)

Governors Demand For Okonjo-Iweala’s Resignation / Northern Governors Demand Removal Of Rivers Police Commissioner / Southwest & Edo Governors Demand More Power For States Governors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2)

Re: Governors Demand Okonjo-Iweala’s Resignation by softwareman(m): 9:00am On Sep 18, 2013
luvinhubby:
You are terror to upcoming generations when you do not have any form of investment and savings for tomorrow. A good man leaves an inheritance for his children`s children. The worst `looters` of our public funds are this same governors saying this thrash. SWF is simply an investment fund where are our extra budgetary earnings are put aside, including excess crude income, to act as a buffer to our single-commodity economy incase of another economic melt down to avoid a scenario of Greece currently.
That NOI did not allow their pilfering fingers access to extra money from excess crude account makes this governors making this statement public enemy number one, after all, it was this same NGF under Amaechi that aggressively pushed for subsidy removal.
Please let us understand the fundamental issue. Whatever ideas she or Jonathan has about the SWT cannot be superior to the fiscal law of the country and this the valid point the governors are making.

Secondly I have serious doubt about Jonathan's govt fiscal responsibility haven seen the way they have mismanaged and squandered the foreign reserve left by the obj govt.
Re: Governors Demand Okonjo-Iweala’s Resignation by nku5: 9:04am On Sep 18, 2013
0lumide: I support the governors on this!!!!!!

How can we have SWF when we have infrastructural deficit?

nations with SWF are nations with above average infrastructures to leave for the next generation. You can't leave money for the next generation, you are suppose to leave INFRASTRUCTURES NOT MONEY!!!!!

Okonjo Iweala has done enough and she must go NOW!!

Are u aware that amaechi led a group of governors years to demand that the SWF be shared among the states to drive development? Years after what has the money done for infrastructure in the states
Re: Governors Demand Okonjo-Iweala’s Resignation by OAM4J: 9:19am On Sep 18, 2013

(1) (2)

Election Is Not Goying Well In Anambra State Now / I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo On Rainbow FM / Whats Yr Saddest/worst Events Or Moments In Recent Nigerian History?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.