Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,545 members, 7,827,036 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:23 AM

Private Or Public School. Which Is Better? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Private Or Public School. Which Is Better? (20430 Views)

Chinese Company Renovates Public School Building In Lagos (Photos) / Mixed School Vs Single-Sex School - Which Do You Prefer & Why / Public School Boy Scores 310 In UTME & 75% In Post UTME (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Private Or Public School. Which Is Better? by amtheone(m): 12:30pm On Sep 18, 2013
Please I want to hear insightful analysis for this subject matter.

It is believed by some people that to get quality education, one has to send his/her child to private school. But the output from private school is not commensurate with the high fees paid.

In competitions, students from public school always win the prize.

I have personally experienced from my former boss' daughter whose school fees amounted to millions of naira and yet she couldn't even write final exam by herself. They had to pay someone to do that for her.

Could it be "sing along syndrome" that is affecting majority of parents even when they know that amount spent in private is not equal the output.

Are private schools better than public schools?

1 Like

Re: Private Or Public School. Which Is Better? by Richiez(m): 12:40pm On Sep 18, 2013
Nice thread!
Re: Private Or Public School. Which Is Better? by ebamma(m): 2:11pm On Sep 18, 2013
I have personally
experienced from my
former boss' daughter
whose school fees
amounted to millions of
naira and yet she couldn't
even wrote final exam by
herself

7 Likes

Re: Private Or Public School. Which Is Better? by Gabrielsylar(m): 2:11pm On Sep 18, 2013
Private public
Re: Private Or Public School. Which Is Better? by Nobody: 2:12pm On Sep 18, 2013
Pls op did you go to a private or public school? This your command of english could help my argument a lot.

6 Likes

Re: Private Or Public School. Which Is Better? by DarryOsh(m): 2:12pm On Sep 18, 2013
private schools r better

2 Likes

Re: Private Or Public School. Which Is Better? by BlackPeni5: 2:13pm On Sep 18, 2013
I think community grammer schools are the best.

1 Like

Re: Private Or Public School. Which Is Better? by Nobody: 2:13pm On Sep 18, 2013
In the 90's, public schools were better but not anymore, corruption has wrecked public schools down. I am a product of a public school so i kknow. Private schools in Nigeria are better than public schools. You want a proof? pick 5 kids from good public schools and 5 kids from good private schools, you will get your answers after that.

1 Like

Re: Private Or Public School. Which Is Better? by butpro(m): 2:14pm On Sep 18, 2013
Almajiris skool.

1 Like

Re: Private Or Public School. Which Is Better? by yuzedo: 2:14pm On Sep 18, 2013
Ghana teacher lesson is more better dan dem two, das wat i attendeth + uncle emeka grammer school abackalicki (js1 to js4) and now am d CEO of Eagle have landed groups of companys alaba aka Jesus na me be dis?? angry tenk. smiley

10 Likes

Re: Private Or Public School. Which Is Better? by Princek12(m): 2:14pm On Sep 18, 2013
amtheone: Please I want to hear insightful analysis for this subject matter.

It is believed by some people that to get quality education, one has to send his/her child to private school. But the output from private school is not commensurate with the high fees paid.

In competitions, students from public school always win the prize.

I have personally experienced from my former boss' daughter whose school fees amounted to millions of naira and yet she couldn't even wrote final exam by herself. They had to pay someone to do that for her.

Could it be "sing along syndrome" that is affecting majority of parents even when they know that amount spent in private is not equal the output.

Are private schools better than public schools?

With that bullet you just shot, as bolded above, did you attend public or private school? Depending on which school you attended, I believe you already have an answer to your question.

3 Likes

Re: Private Or Public School. Which Is Better? by Nobody: 2:15pm On Sep 18, 2013
ebamma: I have personally
experienced from my
former boss' daughter
whose school fees
amounted to millions of
even wrote final exam by
herself

Obviously, we can see that you didnt go to school. 'Wrote'. lol

1 Like

Re: Private Or Public School. Which Is Better? by Nobody: 2:15pm On Sep 18, 2013
A Private Sec/primary schl is better a public one but reverse is d case when it comes to higher institution...Although few private universities can give u quality education.

3 Likes

Re: Private Or Public School. Which Is Better? by mosho2good: 2:16pm On Sep 18, 2013
Public school of course....

In d public school u will be able to join any gang of bad boys dat u want....

But in private school it all about money......

If u don't hav enough money u may not be able to join...
Re: Private Or Public School. Which Is Better? by YomaA(m): 2:16pm On Sep 18, 2013
ebamma: I have personally
experienced from my
former boss' daughter
whose school fees
amounted to millions of
even wrote final exam by
herself
its write bros not wrote.i c y.
Re: Private Or Public School. Which Is Better? by elspycey(m): 2:17pm On Sep 18, 2013
Seriously, if we analyze this comparatively, I think public schools are better. not with the thousands of six room international Nur/Pry schools we have now where the teachers can't even write their own surnames.

2 Likes

Re: Private Or Public School. Which Is Better? by RINE1: 2:17pm On Sep 18, 2013
Public is the best cos in public you are left to learn while in private you are forced( most of the time) to learn. How you go learn well wen dem day force you?.
Sometimes na pride day cause am for our parents to send us to public schools...and again competition.

2 Likes

Re: Private Or Public School. Which Is Better? by tony9k: 2:18pm On Sep 18, 2013
@amtheone. Please confirm if u went to a private or public school as your boss' . . daughter could not "wrote" the exam herself . . ' your answer would indicate which one is better
Re: Private Or Public School. Which Is Better? by ebamma(m): 2:18pm On Sep 18, 2013
yuzedo: Ghana teacher lesson is more better dan dem two, das wat i attendeth and now am d CEO of Eagle have landed groups of companys alaba aka Jesus na me be dis?? angry tenk. smiley
with this king james version of english u are speaking am not suprise

2 Likes

Re: Private Or Public School. Which Is Better? by georjay(m): 2:18pm On Sep 18, 2013
IS LIKE COMPARING SLEEP TO DEATH....

PRIVATE SCHOOL IS SURELY BETTER BUT THERE ARE ARE SO MANY QUACK PRIVATE SCHOOL...
Re: Private Or Public School. Which Is Better? by dedons: 2:19pm On Sep 18, 2013
At the primary(foundation) level-
private sch is better

At the secondary(high sch) level-
federal govt colleges are better

At the university(higher) level-
both are ok

6 Likes

Re: Private Or Public School. Which Is Better? by Lilimax(f): 2:21pm On Sep 18, 2013
butpro: Almajiris skool.
angry
Re: Private Or Public School. Which Is Better? by 360command: 2:21pm On Sep 18, 2013
Omo guy, private and public schools in 9ja tells a lot difference. One is for the rich and the other is for the poor. In the public, teachings are not been taught as student play truancy. In private, teaching are been thought and he who plays truancy would be reported to the sponsor. In public, you see children coming late to school or closing from school as if its 12pm is d closing time unlike private this does not happen.if you want to dine with the rich,you have to dress in suit. If you want your child to mix with the rich, this is the opportunity cause you will never and I repeat ,never see GEJ child in a govt school even a child who goes to public school fights his way to be somebody so as his children don't go to the public he went to. If you doubt me, ask the comedians.

2 Likes

Re: Private Or Public School. Which Is Better? by Memyselfu2009(m): 2:22pm On Sep 18, 2013
Those days public schools were better Becos no private public school had the best teachers then from all over the world but now publics school is not funny equipped with a lot of strike that's why private school is better that's we feel that private sch graduate can't defend there result
Re: Private Or Public School. Which Is Better? by BigBen10: 2:22pm On Sep 18, 2013
You can attend any good school private or public - what matters is the parental touch and the persons dedication to study.

1 Like

Re: Private Or Public School. Which Is Better? by YomaA(m): 2:23pm On Sep 18, 2013
What we learn in public schools,u dont learn in private schools and viz a viz.fact is if we made as much money as our senators do,will u tk ur kids yo a pub sch or a private sch or even abroad? Give ur kids d best education and kip dem free of hardship,crimes,drugs,bad companies and low standard of education which most def will affect their I.q.
Re: Private Or Public School. Which Is Better? by Nobody: 2:24pm On Sep 18, 2013
Both compliments each other!

But one thing i don't like about private schools is that even a dullard can do excellently well as the school may still give them high grades, simply because of the heavy fees parents pay. So you need to monitor and teach your kids as well especially in their younger years!

1 Like

Re: Private Or Public School. Which Is Better? by tony9k: 2:25pm On Sep 18, 2013
There would always be exceptions to the rule but the answer would depend on the level of education we are talking about and there would be some exceptional public school products. Generally a private school is expected to be better at primary and secondary level. The challenge is that the public schools are in such precarious situation that it has given rise to a number of mushroom private schools that can barely survive. Comparing these low level private schools to public schools would dignify the public schools.

The average private school is better than the average public schools and the top 50% private schools are much better than the top 50% public schools.
Re: Private Or Public School. Which Is Better? by Nobody: 2:27pm On Sep 18, 2013
Kamsy10: Pls op did you go to a private or public school? This your command of english could help my arguement a lot.
"A R G U M E N T"
That's the right spelling.

7 Likes

Re: Private Or Public School. Which Is Better? by MEILYN(m): 2:28pm On Sep 18, 2013
No comparism. Public Schools are far more worst than Private Schools undecided
Re: Private Or Public School. Which Is Better? by SammyT95(m): 2:29pm On Sep 18, 2013
@op Everybody pls bend down for the bulleeeeeeeeet

Me go public pry skul (arisoyin community pry skul oke-aro akure) den con public sec skul (st. thomas' ang. comphnsve high skul danjuma akure) those two skuls xpecially my sec skul was considerd d worse in d state bt today me be futarian..

So i wuld say it doesnt reli mata on d skul(but somtimes it does oo as in if i don go aquinas college den i for dy better nw but i still thank God for where i am today) it actulli depends on d individual?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Uniben- Postgraduate School Fees For Each Faculties And Application Procedure / Men Accused Of Writing Exams For Girlfriends-Daily Trust / JAMB To Scrap Uniform Cut-off Points For Universities, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.