Stats: 3,152,336 members, 7,815,663 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:12 PM

When To Dump That Car Engine Before It Runs You Down - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / When To Dump That Car Engine Before It Runs You Down (12363 Views)

Things You Must Consider Before You Buy That Car / Reving Up Car Engine Before Switching Off / When To Change Your Car Engine Oil: The Mileage Way! (2) (3) (4)

Re: When To Dump That Car Engine Before It Runs You Down by emmyluvly(m): 10:11pm On Sep 18, 2013
edwonderz:

Thank you very much....
I truly appreciate...........
God bless you..............
God bless u 2.

Re: When To Dump That Car Engine Before It Runs You Down by InvertedHammer: 10:36pm On Sep 18, 2013
/
Before an engine runs me down, I will run it down if I so choose.

For top gasket issue (oil mixing with water) resulting in white smokes, I throw in a bottle of Bar's Leaks ($45 value). Pour the solution into the radiator, start the car and let it idle for about 30 minutes. Bingo! And I will drive the car till the wheels fall off.

Head gasket ko! New engine ni.

Works like a charm!

//
Re: When To Dump That Car Engine Before It Runs You Down by Godson201333(m): 10:52pm On Sep 18, 2013
edwonderz: I bought Nissan Primera 1998 model last year Feb. (direct tokumbo). It just started bringing out black smokes and guzzle alot of oil recently. Should I change the engine or just go for a repair? Please I need your advice....

Do not try to change the engine or something,Please try to buy a new car
Re: When To Dump That Car Engine Before It Runs You Down by disloman(m): 12:07am On Sep 19, 2013
edwonderz:

I serviced my car on the 2nd week of last month and the oil was properly gauged, then a week later the dashboard started blipping oil warning (sign). I'd checked the under of the vehicle and there's no leakage but I keep running shortage of oil so the only thing I do is to top oil every 2days yet the car still brings out massive fume from the exhaust. Please what should I do?
U will need to change d engine.Buy d engine with d same specification nt converted ones oo.God bless u.
Re: When To Dump That Car Engine Before It Runs You Down by edwonderz(m): 12:40am On Sep 19, 2013
Godson201333:

Do not try to change the engine or something,Please try to buy a new car

E no easy o my brother but I go try sha. I merely need to fix this one for now, perhaps purchase a new ride next year by God's grace. However, the solution to the problem now is to buy a new engine. Abi no be so?
Re: When To Dump That Car Engine Before It Runs You Down by edwonderz(m): 12:42am On Sep 19, 2013
disloman: U will need to change d engine.Buy d engine with d same specification nt converted ones oo.God bless u.

Thanks a million sir.
God bless you more...
Re: When To Dump That Car Engine Before It Runs You Down by Exponental(m): 6:48am On Sep 19, 2013
I'm having engine issues too with my mazda 626. Buying anoda engine will be better cos dis mechanics work on trials.
Re: When To Dump That Car Engine Before It Runs You Down by emmyemisi: 8:13am On Sep 19, 2013
What a wonderful write up,how I wish we can have of this.
Re: When To Dump That Car Engine Before It Runs You Down by HolyHolla(m): 9:37am On Sep 19, 2013
edwonderz: I bought Nissan Primera 1998 model last year Feb. (direct tokumbo). It just started bringing out black smokes and guzzle alot of oil recently. Should I change the engine or just go for a repair? Please I need your advice....

If we were still in the '60s or early '70s, I would say you should change the piston and rings of the car. But just as the Op noted, the engines and spares manufactured these days are not as standard as before.

There are tokunbo engines now, some are of high grade because they were fairly used in better conditions abroad. Some are from vehicles that were only scrapped because they hardly repair badly accidented cars in more technologically developed countries. Many others were scrapped by insurance companies because of minor accidents. You could get a tokunbo engine for a moderate price and hope to come accross a good and standard one.

But let me warn that you are only playing 'pot luck' whichever way, whether you rebore your engine or purchase a tokunbo engine. Caveat... the decision is yours.

Re: When To Dump That Car Engine Before It Runs You Down by HolyHolla(m): 9:39am On Sep 19, 2013
Exponental: I'm having engine issues too with my mazda 626. Buying anoda engine will be better cos dis mechanics work on trials.

When it comes to Mazda cars, my experience shows it's always better to just change your engine rather than try reboring them.
Re: When To Dump That Car Engine Before It Runs You Down by HolyHolla(m): 9:46am On Sep 19, 2013
papaejima1: Na which kain engine you mean @ OP?

Japanese or German?
My 1984 German benz has had only one engine re-ring and still outclasses many other vehicles on the road.

Although say I don park am for my kids to play hide and seek with, it still answers promptly when needed.

My japanese car sha I don change the engine 3 times.

Nice one sha, OP. Informative.

When it comes to German made cars, they die hard like Ol' Soldier. That's why you could pass on a Benz or BMW down generations. I have long resolved never to do without at least one German car at any time, no matter how many other cars I have.
Re: When To Dump That Car Engine Before It Runs You Down by spyroxy1(m): 1:10pm On Sep 19, 2013
nice hints
Re: When To Dump That Car Engine Before It Runs You Down by malipalina: 4:12pm On Sep 19, 2013
tank u so much 4 d info
Re: When To Dump That Car Engine Before It Runs You Down by emmyluvly(m): 1:56am On Sep 20, 2013
Exponental: I'm having engine issues too with my mazda 626. Buying anoda engine will be better cos dis mechanics work on trials.
From experience I suggest u buy a complete engine. Ur mechanic may advice u to get half and top but compatibility sometines becomes an issue. God bless u.

Acura Cars, Are They Reliable? / Dangers Of Cloning Your Plate Number / 2003 Honda Civic........