Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,655 members, 7,816,683 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:11 PM

2003 Honda Civic........ - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 2003 Honda Civic........ (12382 Views)

Can I Use 5W30 Engine Oil In Place Of 5W20 In 2003 Honda Accord? / ...2003 Honda Civic .......getting It Uber Ready...... / It Will Cost You ₦7.3m To Rent Bugatti Veyron For A Day,Price Of Honda Civic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

2003 Honda Civic........ by dru23(m): 5:32pm On Jun 01, 2019
This is only for motivational purpose alone.. Just got a new baby... 2003 civic for uber will be landing in July or so .. This is to motivate people out there.. Think outside the box ,it is not easy if it was easy everybody will be doing it... am here to motivate people out there. Whatever you are doing now and you not happy.. Motivate yourself God will not come come down to hold your hands... work smart and just do it ....TMC .....The Marathon Continues.... Keep in mind I have a female uber driver, if she can do it, you can do it too ...

2 Likes

Re: 2003 Honda Civic........ by Lexusgs430: 2:51am On Jun 02, 2019
dru23:
This is only for motivational purpose alone.. Just got a new baby... 2003 civic for uber will be landing in July or so .. This is to motivate people out there.. Think outside the box ,it is not easy if it was easy everybody will be doing it... am here to motivate people out there. Whatever you are doing now and you not happy.. Motivate yourself God will not come come down to hold your hands... work smart and just do it ....TMC .....The Marathon Continues.... Keep in mind I have a female uber driver, if she can do it, you can do it too ...

Well done...... But this motivation neva complete...... To make it complete, you need to show figure breakdowns.........

1 Like

Re: 2003 Honda Civic........ by idu1(m): 5:39am On Jun 02, 2019
undecided

Re: 2003 Honda Civic........ by doroboss(m): 8:06am On Jun 02, 2019
dru23:

Why drag more investors into this business where you are yet to make profit even after 2years. At first you made noise about Elantra, now it's civic. From what most drivers are saying 25k will be the way forward on rental from next week as drivers cannot meet up. There are other businesses apart from Ehailing, there is no motivation since you are yet to make profit after 2years.

5 Likes

Re: 2003 Honda Civic........ by Amono: 8:14am On Jun 02, 2019
dru23:

Ehailing business is dead and buried when it comes to 3rd parties. Only owner drivers will survive the current slash of fares, and the fares will drop further until owner drivers can barely meet minimum wage per month. The Ehailing companies are capitalists, it's all about profits, there will be no room for people like you in a few weeks time as rental will fall to 20k soon.

You also picked vehicles with very poor 2ndhand value, so even cashing out of the system will be very hard for you. The elantra and civic cannot be sold for more than 400-500k the guys who bought corrolas were smart, at least they can sell for 1.2-1.4m depending on how clean they still are.

You need to re-think your strategy as you are yet to make profit after 2years.

There is no motivation in investing in a business that yields no profits.

3 Likes

Re: 2003 Honda Civic........ by Divatochi(f): 8:17am On Jun 02, 2019
dru23:

I tried it with good drivers and good cars it didn't work. I used a 2 Corolla's, I was lucky to cash out after 4months and loose only about 300k on each car. Corolla's have really good 2nd hand value. This business is not for rental.

2 Likes

Re: 2003 Honda Civic........ by kingreign(m): 8:40am On Jun 02, 2019
dru23:

150k cash on this. Deal?
If yes send me a message.

1 Like

Re: 2003 Honda Civic........ by dru23(m): 8:49am On Jun 02, 2019
Divatochi:

I tried it with good drivers and good cars it didn't work. I used a 2 Corolla's, I was lucky to cash out after 4months and loose only about 300k on each car. Corolla's have really good 2nd hand value. This business is not for rental.

The business is not for everyone o .. When I first started, I had a manager.. Everyday car go it issue ,the manager will remit money tday ,next week he will collect it back in forms of repairs etc .. We found out that the manager was stealing from us, he was lying about this and that .. We even got police involved. He condemned one of my cars. He was using Mobil XHP oil instead of the recommended oil .. My cars had oil sludge, had to change engine and even sold most of them ..the manager was eating well from us ,the guy chop money serious one. But he didn't use it to better himself.. For the Police to be involve ,it shows the case was a serious one ..
The changing point started ,when we took over the business, obviously we sack the manager.. I sold all my cars and started from scratch again. I bought new cars like elantras and Honda civic, hire drivers ourselves and was lucky to have met a new mechanic.. The new mechanic was great, and he did well fixing my cars .. I started to import my own oil Mobil 1 oil and was hands on with the business.. I realise that my cars were no longer breaking down, and was doing inspection every two weeks.. Everything changed completely when I took over the business .. And I was more encourage to continue.. And from day one I never used corolla for the business, the landing cost and time it takes to recoup is longer .. Than also my civic that I had also did well ..never had issues with it .. So than I started to buy civic 03 to 05 .. My drivers loved it and my landing cost was fantastic.. .. So I try to teach people on the forum my experience and ways for them to adapt to the market environment.. Some did and some didn't.. But till today people are still buying corolla up and down.. A lot of business fail due to the fact that people fail to adapt .. So again this business is not for everyone, if you can think outside the box, you will do fine ..
Ps .. The issues I had with my previous manager ,I didn't have none of it when I took over the business.. It was a surprise to me .. Money was coming and things were getting done. I was shocked and surprise.. At the end of the day if you want to succeed in any business, u have to be hands on. If you think u can give ur business out or leave it for somebody, than you are not ready to be a business man or woman. That person should just stick to 9 to 5 job

4 Likes

Re: 2003 Honda Civic........ by dru23(m): 9:00am On Jun 02, 2019
kingreign:
150k cash on this. Deal?
If yes send me a message.

Unfortunately the car is for uber ..sorry about that.. But I do have a civic engine coming in July ending.. I can sell it for you for 150k complete engine ,with only 129k miles on it ...
Re: 2003 Honda Civic........ by dru23(m): 9:02am On Jun 02, 2019
[quote author=Amono post=78944004]

Ehailing business is dead and buried when it comes to 3rd parties. Only owner drivers will survive the current slash of fares, and the fares will drop further until owner drivers can barely meet minimum wage per month. The Ehailing companies are capitalists, it's all about profits, there will be no room for people like you in a few weeks time as rental will fall to 20k soon.

You also picked vehicles with very poor 2ndhand value, so even cashing out of the system will be very hard for you. The elantra and civic cannot be sold for more than 400-500k the guys who bought corrolas were smart, at least they can sell for 1.2-1.4m depending on how clean they still are.

There is no motivation in investing in a business that yields no profits.[/quote]

3 Likes

Re: 2003 Honda Civic........ by Ridemeapp: 9:09am On Jun 02, 2019
Dru what's the game plan here? What's the motivation? 25k per week for how many weeks before rent drops to 20k? I see no reason to invest in Ehailing. But if one must invest, corrola is a better option. You loose less money when cashing out and spend less on repairs.

Think your business plan through, fares are still going to drop further to please the riders.
Re: 2003 Honda Civic........ by hastane: 9:09am On Jun 02, 2019
Divatochi:

you have plenty sense
Re: 2003 Honda Civic........ by dru23(m): 9:15am On Jun 02, 2019
Amono:

There is no motivation in investing in a business that yields no profits.

Lol ...... What you need to ask is what are my landing cost, for obvious reasons I will not tell you. My last civic that I sold ,I will open up to you just a bit . Landing cost was about 950k tokunbo. I bought the car at 167k miles sold it for 275k miles. And sold it for around 400k .. The car was on uber for three years or almost three years. Have made my money back on that car .. And the reason the car was sold was due to previous abuse from previous manager. You see for me to tell you my landing cost of all my cars ,will be a bad business move on my part.. Due to the fact that I sell cars on the side. If I tell you how lucky I am ,you will be shocked.... Most of my cars I buy in the USA are not from auction site at all ...keep in mind most people buying corolla for uber are buying the range of 1.5m up .. My highest landing cost for a car was 1.2m 08 Elantra.. This is when uber was still fresh in Nigeria.. It will take a miracle for me to get that landing cost again.. Keep in mind I maintain my own cars. Maintenance is the key in this business.. And from experience most Nigerians can't maintain a car ...

2 Likes

Re: 2003 Honda Civic........ by dru23(m): 9:20am On Jun 02, 2019
Ridemeapp:
Dru what's the game plan here? What's the motivation? 25k per week for how many weeks before rent drops to 20k? I see no reason to invest in Ehailing. But if one must invest, corrola is a better option. You loose less money when cashing out and spend less on repairs.

Think your business plan through, fares are still going to drop further to please the riders.

Rentals will drop to 10k a week .. I said it before nairaland is not a place to look for drivers or even sale cars at all ...nairaland is just maybe 1% of the ehailing community... so am not bothered at all
Re: 2003 Honda Civic........ by dru23(m): 9:22am On Jun 02, 2019
doroboss:

Why drag more investors into this business where you are yet to make profit even after 2years. At first you made noise about Elantra, now it's civic. From what most drivers are saying 25k will be the way forward on rental from next week as drivers cannot meet up. There are other businesses apart from Ehailing, there is no motivation since you are yet to make profit after 2years.

Re: 2003 Honda Civic........ by dru23(m): 9:28am On Jun 02, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Well done...... But this motivation neva complete...... To make it complete, you need to show figure breakdowns.........

Sorry for the late reply.... My point is for people to stop buying expensive cars for uber .. If you decide to buy a naija used cars for uber .. You are taking 50/50 chance .. As you see me I will never and never buy a used naija cars.. This is not bragging at all .. You see a lot of people buying corolla up and down for 1.5m upwards... if you are patient enough you can buy two civics for a price of a 2006 corolla... people need to think outside the box ..

2 Likes

Re: 2003 Honda Civic........ by falzthebadguy: 9:34am On Jun 02, 2019
dru23:

Sorry for the late reply.... My point is for people to stop buying expensive cars for uber .. If you decide to buy a naija used cars for uber .. You are taking 50/50 chance .. As you see me I will never and never buy a used naija cars.. This is not bragging at all .. You see a lot of people buying corolla up and down for 1.5m upwards... if you are patient enough you can buy two civics for a price of a 2006 corolla... people need to think outside the box ..

You bought a 2003 vehicle for Ehailing. Just 1 review of vehicles and urs will become obsolete. Next time buy a 2005.

2 Likes

Re: 2003 Honda Civic........ by dru23(m): 9:40am On Jun 02, 2019
falzthebadguy:

You bought a 2003 vehicle for Ehailing. Just 1 review of vehicles and urs will become obsolete. Next time buy a 2005.

Thank you sir ... I was thinking 2016 might be better

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2003 Honda Civic........ by dru23(m): 9:46am On Jun 02, 2019
Ridemeapp:

One of my friends is starting to dash his cars out self.. I said to him why not sell it .. He said the fares are too low .. And he just wanted to sow a seed. So he dashed out his fairly used corolla all 6 of them .. From 2005 to 07 .. He told the driver to take it and he does not need the money ..so u rite o partners are dashing cars out
Re: 2003 Honda Civic........ by kingreign(m): 12:45pm On Jun 02, 2019
dru23:

Unfortunately the car is for uber ..sorry about that.. But I do have a civic engine coming in July ending.. I can sell it for you for 150k complete engine ,with only 129k miles on it ...

angry
Re: 2003 Honda Civic........ by thebigkendo(m): 1:21pm On Jun 07, 2019
dru23:

Unfortunately the car is for uber ..sorry about that.. But I do have a civic engine coming in July ending.. I can sell it for you for 150k complete engine, with only 129k miles on it ...

Wow bullet proof engine dey spoil after all grin grin
Re: 2003 Honda Civic........ by dru23(m): 2:03pm On Jun 07, 2019
thebigkendo:

Wow bullet proof engine dey spoil after all grin grin

Funny enough it is for a client...
Re: 2003 Honda Civic........ by HeavenlyBang(m): 2:20pm On Jun 07, 2019
Lol, e-hailing is a complete waste of time. Rather put that money in treasury bills or something, lmao.
Re: 2003 Honda Civic........ by thebigkendo(m): 2:43pm On Jun 07, 2019
dru23:

Funny enough it is for a client...

Interesting..& you are offering the client engine to another buyer .. Well please tell your client to use mobil 1 for his or her new engine grin grin grin

Only the wise ones will relate grin grin
Re: 2003 Honda Civic........ by thebigkendo(m): 2:45pm On Jun 07, 2019
Re: 2003 Honda Civic........ by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:50pm On Jun 07, 2019
thebigkendo:

Interesting..& you are offering the client engine to another buyer .. Well please tell your client to use mobil 1 for his or her new engine grin grin grin

seems we have a new legalo
Re: 2003 Honda Civic........ by dru23(m): 3:14pm On Jun 07, 2019
thebigkendo:

Whoever brings money first... client request for engine, bought the engine with my own money .. If engine land ,client starts to drag feet, I go sell am ...only the wise can also relate ... This is Nigeria...
Re: 2003 Honda Civic........ by thebigkendo(m): 3:34pm On Jun 07, 2019
dru23:

Whoever brings money first... client request for engine, bought the engine with my own money .. If engine land ,client starts to drag feet, I go sell am ...only the wise can also relate ... This is Nigeria...

Truely.. Only the wise ones can relate grin grin grin
Re: 2003 Honda Civic........ by HeavenlyBang(m): 3:39pm On Jun 07, 2019
dru23:

It's too much lies like this that killed my uncle. angry

3 Likes

Re: 2003 Honda Civic........ by dru23(m): 3:56pm On Jun 07, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

1 Like

Re: 2003 Honda Civic........ by dru23(m): 3:57pm On Jun 07, 2019
thebigkendo:

Truely.. Only the wise ones can relate grin grin grin

Re: 2003 Honda Civic........ by thebigkendo(m): 5:41pm On Jun 07, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

Yeah.. That our uncle abi?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The Confessions Of A Crooked Car Dealer. / Users Of Tinted Glass Risk N50,000 Fine, 6-Month Jail Term —Senate / 10 Of The Most Expensive Limousines In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.