Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,842 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:35 AM

Buying Land In An Estate Vs Non Estate. - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Buying Land In An Estate Vs Non Estate. (1558 Views)

The 10 Commandments Of Buying Land In Nigeria / Pitfalls To Avoid When Buying Land / Process Of Buying Land In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buying Land In An Estate Vs Non Estate. by bebe2(f): 4:26pm On Sep 18, 2013
I have been trying to purchase a land for a while now it seems my eye is bigger than my pocket, so am still looking for the right one.

One thing that still baffles me in my search is deciding to buy in an estate or not.

at first I wanted only estate until someone pointed out to me the huge amount some are charging as development fee or maintenance fee. E .g shepherds court is selling a plot for 4.5M but development fee is 1m. And they dnt advertise this, wat if after building the estate management decides its 1m a year for maintenance??

Please shed light on this issue if u r knowledgeable in this area.

tnks
Re: Buying Land In An Estate Vs Non Estate. by xyuche: 4:54pm On Sep 18, 2013
what you just said is not far from the fact, if you have your money, go to a developed area that is buildable and buy you land then build to your taste. At first, Estate land has a single CofO, what they will give you is Deed of Assignment which they will still charge you so much to acquire. You still pay management fee to the developer on monthly bases and in most cases they ask you to build to their taste not to your own taste.
Re: Buying Land In An Estate Vs Non Estate. by blank(f): 5:01pm On Sep 18, 2013
I used to believe in estates but now, i would rather buy in a reasonable area and pray to God for security. It will be an area that later we can build a street gate and pay small money for security. Estates are good when you have money. Without money, don't go there. What happens when you retire, how do you pay the service fees? Some so called estates are nothing but glorified gated streets. No common areas for children to play, etc.
Re: Buying Land In An Estate Vs Non Estate. by bebe2(f): 5:35pm On Sep 18, 2013
see i thot so,

pple can be greedy,

and, if u really look at it, it would feel like the land u built on is not totally urs becos u are being charged yearly for it.

puts a new spin on my land search.
Re: Buying Land In An Estate Vs Non Estate. by wola44: 11:55am On Sep 19, 2013
Before buying land in an Estate, Please investigate very well. Most of them will not provide the infrastructure as promise.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

The Best Of Wood For Roofing. / Luxury 3bedroom Flat @ Ogudu Ori Oke For 900k x1yr. pics / Executive 4bedroom Bungalow With Big Living Room 4 Sale @ Ogun State (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.