Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,359 members, 7,846,554 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 06:01 PM

TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" - TV/Movies (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" (118767 Views)

Bollywood Movies Chat Room~~~ / TV/Movies Quiz - The Game / TV/Movies Section Library (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (81) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by Afam4eva(m): 1:15pm On Sep 27, 2013
sholay2011:
Who hacked into Afam's NL acct? undecided grin
I'm really considering film in the future. I'm disappointing in some of the movies that our people are churning out.
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by homesteady(m): 1:31pm On Sep 27, 2013
Afam4eva:
I'm really considering film in the future. I'm disappointing in some of the movies that our people are churning out.

Your head dey dere jare!! cheesy
This is what we need! Not people just sitting down in their houses and insulting Nigeria films!
If you feel they are bad, why don't you go and learn how to make films so that you can make the industry a better place!
Kudos to you afam jare! However I can't help you! cheesy I don't know any film school!
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by Popowaa: 1:39pm On Sep 27, 2013
Hellosmiley,i was invited here
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by Popowaa: 1:42pm On Sep 27, 2013
Afam4eva:
Geeky movies i guess
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by Afam4eva(m): 1:43pm On Sep 27, 2013
Popowaa: Geeky movies i guess
Lol grin Geeky movies are boring.
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by Andyblaze: 1:45pm On Sep 27, 2013
god_of_music: Lol, now you are here grin
wats the topic of discussion
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by Popowaa: 1:46pm On Sep 27, 2013
Afam4eva:
Lol grin Geeky movies are boring.
What kind of movies do u want to venture in?
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by Afam4eva(m): 1:51pm On Sep 27, 2013
Popowaa: What kind of movies do u want to venture in?
I want to tell African stories thast have been left attended to. There are events that have happened in this continent and in Nigeria in particular that no one has deemed to do a movie on. Biafran war, June 12, Aba women's riot, Queen Amina, Ife/Modakeke, Ezza/Izzi, Uthman Dan Fodio, pre-indepence, post-indepence, warri crisis, 1966 coup, the Assasination of Murtala Mohammed, Lagos bomb blast and other positive stories that will endear Nigeria to the world. We musn't let foreigners to come tell our stories for us, we have to tell our own stories in order not to be misrepresented.

1 Like

Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by Popowaa: 1:56pm On Sep 27, 2013
Afam4eva:
I want to tell African stories thast have been left attended to. There are events that have happened in this continent and in Nigeria in particular that no one has deemed to do a movie on. Biafran war, June 12, Aba women's riot, Queen Amina, Ife/Modakeke, Ezza/Izzi, Uthman Dan Fodio, pre-indepence, post-indepence, warri crisis, 1966 coup, the Assasination of Murtala Mohammed, Lagos bomb blast and other positive stories that will endear Nigeria to the world. We musn't let foreigners to come tell our stories for us, we have to tell our own stories in order not to be misrepresented.
Interestingsmiley
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by Popowaa: 1:58pm On Sep 27, 2013
But do u think the average nigerian will be interested in such movies?
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by Afam4eva(m): 1:59pm On Sep 27, 2013
Popowaa: But do u think the average nigerian will be interested in such movies?
They will be interested in them if you present it to their taste. One can even plant a fictional stories into these events. We have to start making chart shattering movies and not all these African-American movies we keep churning out in the name of film advancement.
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by homesteady(m): 2:03pm On Sep 27, 2013
Popowaa: But do u think the average nigerian will be interested in such movies?

Sure! They would!!
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by Popowaa: 2:04pm On Sep 27, 2013
Afam4eva:
They will be interested in them if you present it to their taste. One can even plant a fictional stories into these events. We have to start making chart shattering movies and not all these African-American movies we keep churning out in the name of film advancement.
True,all the best in ur new endeavour.Looking forward to a movie directed by you
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by Popowaa: 2:06pm On Sep 27, 2013
homesteady:

Sure! They would!!
As Afam said it all depends on how it is presented and those who star in the movie.The cast of a movie can even put u off before u start watching it.
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by Nobody: 2:13pm On Sep 27, 2013
@Popowaa you are highly welcome

@Andyblaze Just write anything you want to write but make sure it's connected a little with movies wink

No p0rn!!! angry

Yes,you can go all off topic but i said erler a lil' connection to TV/Movies!!! cheesy
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by xynerise: 2:13pm On Sep 27, 2013
Afam4eva:
All the stories you mentioned involve massive explosions and wild gunfire. How many producers in Nigeria can use a dynamite or grenade in their movies? grin
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by Afam4eva(m): 2:15pm On Sep 27, 2013
xynerise:
All the stories you mentioned involve massive explosions and wild gunfire. How many producers in Nigeria can use a dynamite or grenade in their movies? grin
That's where we should be heading and not keep churning out dramas all the time.
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by Popowaa: 2:16pm On Sep 27, 2013
god_of_music: @Popowaa you are highly welcome

@Andyblaze Just write anything you want to write but make sure it's connected a little with movies wink

No p0rn!!! angry

Yes,you can go all off topic but i said erler a lil' connection to TV/Movies!!! cheesy
i shd be the one thanking u.smiley
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by xynerise: 2:17pm On Sep 27, 2013
Afam4eva:
That's where we should be heading and not keep churning out dramas all the time.
Do you think the problem is finance and availability of resources?
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by Popowaa: 2:20pm On Sep 27, 2013
Afam4eva:
Your movie wont be safe for children to watch as there might be very violent scenes in them.Which audience will u be targeting?Adults,children or both?
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by Nobody: 2:22pm On Sep 27, 2013
Popowaa: i shd be the one thanking u.smiley
Oh! Why?? shocked

hmmmm..i can see love in your eyes wink

*singing* na love i dey see for you eyes eh! grin
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by Popowaa: 2:27pm On Sep 27, 2013
god_of_music: Oh! Why?? shocked

hmmmm..i can see love in your eyes wink

*singing* na love i dey see for you eyes eh! grin
Lol,stop been disillusionalgrin
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by xynerise: 2:27pm On Sep 27, 2013
Popowaa: Your movie wont be safe for children to watch as there might be very violent scenes in them.Which audience will u be targeting?Adults,children or both?
Is it only in Nigeria we have kids? Americans produce such movies and I dont think it has much negative effects on their kids. Besides, is there any difference from the nud'e movies we produce on daily basis? But our kids watch them grin
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by Nobody: 2:31pm On Sep 27, 2013
Popowaa: Lol,stop been disillusionalgrin
Lol, swear say you no love me cheesy
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by homesteady(m): 2:32pm On Sep 27, 2013
Popowaa: Your movie wont be safe for children to watch as there might be very violent scenes in them.Which audience will u be targeting?Adults,children or both?

Children are taught about this things in their schools! So it won't be harmful if they also watch it on TV
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by Popowaa: 2:33pm On Sep 27, 2013
xynerise:
Is it only in Nigeria we have kids? Americans produce such movies and I dont think it has much negative effects on their kids. Besides, is there any difference from the nud'e movies we produce on daily basis? But our kids watch them grin
It is up to the parents to monitor what their children watch,with the current happenings around the world i wouldnt want my children watching or playing violent movies and games.
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by homesteady(m): 2:34pm On Sep 27, 2013
I read in one newspaper that one man is making a film about the civil war!
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by Popowaa: 2:36pm On Sep 27, 2013
homesteady:

Children are taught about this things in their schools! So it won't be harmful if they also watch it on TV
Teaching is different and from them seeing bombs and grenades been thrown,guns been fired and all that and it been justified.
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by Andyblaze: 2:55pm On Sep 27, 2013
I want to know is there any law prohibiting adult movies in nigeria. It is a lucrative industry and no nigerian director wants to help develop that industry.
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by Popowaa: 3:00pm On Sep 27, 2013
Andyblaze: I want to know is there any law prohibiting adult movies in nigeria. It is a lucrative industry and no nigerian director wants to help develop that industry.
Y dont u start!U will be a billionaire in a few months cos sex sellsgrin
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by fabulousdame(f): 3:02pm On Sep 27, 2013
Andyblaze: I want to know is there any law prohibiting adult movies in nigeria. It is a lucrative industry and no nigerian director wants to help develop that industry.
maybe..
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by homesteady(m): 3:05pm On Sep 27, 2013
Popowaa: Y dont u start!U will be a billionaire in a few months cos sex sellsgrin

You just took the exact words from my mouth!

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (81) (Reply)

The New Series Empire Fan Club. / Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's / Meet The Bbnaija 2021 Female Housemates (Shine Ya Eye)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.