Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,446 members, 7,816,027 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:56 PM

TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" - TV/Movies (62) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" (118364 Views)

Bollywood Movies Chat Room~~~ / TV/Movies Quiz - The Game / TV/Movies Section Library (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (81) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by prof800(m): 10:26am On Dec 10, 2013
speedyboi:
He comments more in the auto section (wetin nor concern him; I guess I have a partner; who finds comfort in things unrelated to his job embarassed embarassed embarassed).

Okay i'll just pretend i've an idea what you mean...lipsrsealed
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by Nobody: 10:29am On Dec 10, 2013
prof800:
Okay i'll just pretend i've an idea what you mean...lipsrsealed

lol...you don't have to cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by prof800(m): 10:38am On Dec 10, 2013
speedyboi:

lol...you don't have to cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
okay na wink brb wit more kweshun

ahn ahn..Villageboi never recover from eye-poking ni..?
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by sholay2011(m): 11:43am On Dec 10, 2013
*Rolls eyes* Oh well. ..here we go again...
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by VillageBoi(m): 12:01pm On Dec 10, 2013
prof800:
okay na wink brb wit more kweshun
ahn ahn..Villageboi never recover from eye-poking ni..?
I don recover thank you o!
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by Nobody: 7:53pm On Dec 10, 2013
sholay2011: *Rolls eyes* Oh well. ..here we go again...

What? undecided
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by sholay2011(m): 8:04pm On Dec 10, 2013
speedyboi:

What? undecided
Why do you want to know? undecided
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by prof800(m): 9:40pm On Dec 10, 2013
Hiyahhh...!
Hope y'all had a goodday??
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by sholay2011(m): 10:33pm On Dec 10, 2013
prof800: Hiyahhh...!
Hope y'all had a goodday??
Yeah. smiley
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by Nobody: 10:53pm On Dec 10, 2013
What's with all these abbreviations I dey see.....Seun don add nonsense feature to his Nairaland again sad sad sad sad
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by sholay2011(m): 11:41pm On Dec 10, 2013
speedyboi: What's with all these abbreviations I dey see.....Seun don add nonsense feature to his Nairaland again sad sad sad sad
The thing dey vex me ehn...makes the frontpage look scattered and...just not feeling it. To even click them na wahala (via phone). Kudos to Seun for making my NL life harder than it is already.
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by Nobody: 8:55pm On Dec 12, 2013
@villageboi, I wanna get a DSLR. Which would you advise Canon 7D, Canon 70D .......OR.........Canon 5D mark III for non-professional video? But I still want the best that will give a professional look. I know they all produce almost the same results. Which one would you rather buy? And why? I'm trapped in 'indecision' sad sad sad
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by prof800(m): 10:22pm On Dec 12, 2013
sholay2011:
The thing dey vex me ehn...makes the frontpage look scattered and...just not feeling it. To even click them na wahala (via phone). Kudos to Seun for making my NL life harder than it is already.
I think the LK and FS should just be moved to ones profile page in order to 'de-congest' the regular pages.
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by sholay2011(m): 10:50pm On Dec 12, 2013
prof800:
I think the LK and FS should just be moved to ones profile page in order to 'de-congest' the regular pages.
I agree.
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by prof800(m): 10:59pm On Dec 12, 2013
Ah Sholay how varr..
Speedy iz going to buy US a DSLR!
VillageBoi dey come.... :/
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by VillageBoi(m): 11:07pm On Dec 12, 2013
speedyboi: @villageboi, I wanna get a DSLR. Which would you advise Canon 7D, Canon 70D .......OR.........Canon 5D mark III for non-professional video? But I still want the best that will give a professional look. I know they all produce almost the same results. Which one would you rather buy? And why? I'm trapped in 'indecision' sad sad sad

Hmmmm very, very difficult question and a question I hardly ever answer 'directly'. Normally I would have to find out what sort of filming the person wants to do and much more - DSLRs are not that easy to use 'well'. But I already know you know quite a bit so...

Straight up I can say of the 3 choices above you can immediately remove the 7D... One of my DSLRs is a 7D - I love it to bits BUT they can/do overheat in Naija and it's also the oldest of the 3 mentioned. Rumour is there should be a 7D mark II soon'ish'.

DSLRs only really work with 'rigging'... so consider that you'll be spending a helluva lot more than just a DSLR. Think of a shoulder mount, microphones and audio recorder like a Zoom H4n, Tascam or Juicedlink. 15mm rails, follow focus and so on.

Back to the cams mentioned. If I were buying TODAY for 'video' I would go for the 70D with 'stm' lenses simply because it's the ONLY Canon DSLR that has 'useable' autofocus during video mode. In general DSLRs are more suited to 'narrative' work and much harder to use for documentary stuff... the whale go don jump out of water, swallow fisherman and reach bottom of ocean and born pikin before you get 'critical' focus and exposure on one of these things hahaha.

Of the bunch the 70D makes more sense. BUT everything will be a 1.6 crop compared to a full frame camera like the 5D - that doesn't really bother anyone as the cropped sensor cams are in 'reality' much closer to the exact size if you were shooting on 35mm film. You will have to spend money on much wider lenses - the absolutely brilliant Tokina 11-16mm does just fine on a crop sensor wink
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by VillageBoi(m): 11:12pm On Dec 12, 2013
What are these abbreviations you guys are talking about and whaddaheyull are LK & FS? I come from 'fillage'!
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by prof800(m): 11:13pm On Dec 12, 2013
VillageBoi:
In general DSLRs are more suited to 'narrative' work and much harder to use for documentary stuff... the whale go don jump out of water, swallow fisherman and reach bottom of ocean and born pikin before you get 'critical' focus and exposure on one of these things hahaha.
wink
grin grin grin grin
ROTFLMAO...!grin grin grin
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by VillageBoi(m): 11:16pm On Dec 12, 2013
prof800:
grin grin grin grin
ROTFLMAO...!grin grin grin

That one no even bad because you didn't eve capture it... But imagine you shoot one hot scene finish, e look sharp-sharp, you get it on to your compurah and find out that sod all is in focus. Hahahaha.
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by prof800(m): 11:17pm On Dec 12, 2013
VillageBoi:

Hmmmm very, very difficult question and a question I hardly ever answer 'directly'. Normally I would have to find out what sort of filming the person wants to do and much more - DSLRs are not that easy to use 'well'. But I already know you know quite a bit so...

Straight up I can say of the 3 choices above you can immediately remove the 7D... One of my DSLRs is a 7D - I love it to bits BUT they can/do overheat in Naija and it's also the oldest of the 3 mentioned. Rumour is there should be a 7D mark II soon'ish'.

DSLRs only really work with 'rigging'... so consider that you'll be spending a helluva lot more than just a DSLR. Think of a shoulder mount, microphones and audio recorder like a Zoom H4n, Tascam or Juicedlink. 15mm rails, follow focus and so on.

Back to the cams mentioned. If I were buying TODAY for 'video' I would go for the 70D with 'stm' lenses simply because it's the ONLY Canon DSLR that has 'useable' autofocus during video mode. In general DSLRs are more suited to 'narrative' work and much harder to use for documentary stuff... the whale go don jump out of water, swallow fisherman and reach bottom of ocean and born pikin before you get 'critical' focus and exposure on one of these things hahaha.

Of the bunch the 70D makes more sense. BUT everything will be a 1.6 crop compared to a full frame camera like the 5D - that doesn't really bother anyone as the cropped sensor cams are in 'reality' much closer to the exact size if you were shooting on 35mm film. You will have to spend money on much wider lenses - the absolutely brilliant Tokina 11-16mm does just fine on a crop sensor wink
Okay from what I can deduce (not like i know anythang about cameras) VillageBoi says YOU should buy us a canon 70D!
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by VillageBoi(m): 11:18pm On Dec 12, 2013
prof800:
Okay from what I can deduce (not like i know anythang about cameras) VillageBoi says YOU should buy us a canon 70D!

NOPE! I said if 'I' were buying today. tongue
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by Nobody: 11:26pm On Dec 12, 2013
VillageBoi:

Thanks a lot! All I needed was just someone to select for me

@ @ @...trust me when I say I know every issue associated with DSLR cameras and I think I know how to make it up. I've handled 60D very well (A friend's)...So I'm not totally new to DSLRs.

Thanks once again! So 70D it is!
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by Nobody: 11:29pm On Dec 12, 2013
prof800:

More like you should buy us! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by Nobody: 11:31pm On Dec 12, 2013
VillageBoi:
What are these abbreviations you guys are talking about and whaddaheyull are LK & FS? I come from 'fillage'!

Help us ask Seun oooo sad sad sad
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by VillageBoi(m): 11:46pm On Dec 12, 2013
speedyboi:

Thanks a lot! All I needed was just someone to select for me

@ @ @...trust me when I say I know every issue associated with DSLR cameras and I think I know how to make it up. I've handled 60D very well (A friend's)...So I'm not totally new to DSLRs.

Thanks once again! So 70D it is!

Lol, I 'didn't' select for you... I just pointed you in a direction - na YOU go select. The flip-out screens of the 60D & 70D are so good for filmmaking wink
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by Nobody: 12:03am On Dec 13, 2013
VillageBoi:

Lol, I 'didn't' select for you... I just pointed you in a direction - na YOU go select. wink

*rolls eyes*
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by prof800(m): 1:47am On Dec 13, 2013
speedyboi:

More like you should buy us! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
cry cry cry cry
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by Nobody: 9:28am On Dec 13, 2013
prof800:
cry cry cry cry

wetin? Do you know how long i've been saving to get a dslr for myself? You come say make i dey do santa claus. Don't lemme vex for you oo o angry

1 Like

Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by Briareos(m): 12:15pm On Dec 14, 2013
Hello-y everyone-y. How-y has-y your-y been-y?
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by VillageBoi(m): 9:24am On Dec 15, 2013
Good morning people. Happy Sunday!
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by sholay2011(m): 9:36am On Dec 15, 2013
VillageBoi:
Good morning people. Happy Sunday!
Happy Sunday bro.

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (81) (Reply)

The New Series Empire Fan Club. / Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's / Meet The Bbnaija 2021 Female Housemates (Shine Ya Eye)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.