Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,089 members, 7,835,663 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:09 PM

Say The Truth And Avoid Greed - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Say The Truth And Avoid Greed (456 Views)

When Last Did You Say The Hail Mary As A Christian / No Gain In Greed By Pastor Adeboye / Truth And Error In The Church. Proving All Things. Brethren, Let Us Discuss. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Say The Truth And Avoid Greed by sidespin: 5:21am On Sep 19, 2013
SAY THE TRUTH AND AVOID GREED

Many years ago a fellow (who would do anything for money) helped me in one of my meetings. But he didn't last long in my ministry when I saw what his motives were. It seemed like he'd practically just lie awake at night trying to figure out how to get money out of people. We were using the church auditorium of a large Full Gospel church to hold a meeting. Our budget for the meetings included the expenses of a daily radio program, newspaper advertisements, and then our own expenses. Well, this fellow would make the announcements, and I'd stay back in the speaker room and pray until it was time for me to preach. This fellow and I had made the agreement that once our expenses were met, we would divide whatever money was left over between us, and that would be our support. We ran the meetings four weeks. After the second week of meetings, this fellow came to me and said, "We've already got enough money to pay for our expenses. "But let's not tell the people that because they are giving so good. Let's just keep on like we're raising money for the radio program and for the expenses of the meeting."

"No," I said, "that would be lying. We're not going to do that."

"But we're going to miss an opportunity if we don't," he said.
"We could really clean up here." I said, "No, we're not going to do that because we've got our word out. We told the people what we would do, and we're going to do what we said we'd do." "Well," he said, "I'm the one out there taking up the offering. I'm just going to go ahead and do it."
"No, you're not," I said, "because there's a speaker back there in the room where I'm praying. And if you say that, I'm going to come right out, get on the platform, and tell the folks you're lying."
"Well," he said, "you're going to miss it! I'll tell you that right now! I see that you just don't know how to make it."

Well, that was the last time he ever took up an offering for me. Somehow, no one has heard from that fellow for years, but I'm still out there preaching the Word! Somehow, I managed to make it by telling the truth and by doing unto others as I'd have them do unto me. Some folks are just out to do in the other fellow. Instead of doing the other fellow in, they should be trying to outdo the other fellow in love! We ought to try to figure out how to be a blessing to people! We need to be asking ourselves, How can I bless people? How can I do good to them? (Kenneth E Hagin)
Re: Say The Truth And Avoid Greed by God2man(m): 7:43am On Sep 19, 2013
sidespin: SAY THE TRUTH AND AVOID GREED

Many years ago a fellow (who would do anything for money) helped me in one of my meetings. But he didn't last long in my ministry when I saw what his motives were. It seemed like he'd practically just lie awake at night trying to figure out how to get money out of people. We were using the church auditorium of a large Full Gospel church to hold a meeting. Our budget for the meetings included the expenses of a daily radio program, newspaper advertisements, and then our own expenses. Well, this fellow would make the announcements, and I'd stay back in the speaker room and pray until it was time for me to preach. This fellow and I had made the agreement that once our expenses were met, we would divide whatever money was left over between us, and that would be our support. We ran the meetings four weeks. After the second week of meetings, this fellow came to me and said, "We've already got enough money to pay for our expenses. "But let's not tell the people that because they are giving so good. Let's just keep on like we're raising money for the radio program and for the expenses of the meeting."

"No," I said, "that would be lying. We're not going to do that."

"But we're going to miss an opportunity if we don't," he said.
"We could really clean up here." I said, "No, we're not going to do that because we've got our word out. We told the people what we would do, and we're going to do what we said we'd do." "Well," he said, "I'm the one out there taking up the offering. I'm just going to go ahead and do it."
"No, you're not," I said, "because there's a speaker back there in the room where I'm praying. And if you say that, I'm going to come right out, get on the platform, and tell the folks you're lying."
"Well," he said, "you're going to miss it! I'll tell you that right now! I see that you just don't know how to make it."

Well, that was the last time he ever took up an offering for me. Somehow, no one has heard from that fellow for years, but I'm still out there preaching the Word! Somehow, I managed to make it by telling the truth and by doing unto others as I'd have them do unto me. Some folks are just out to do in the other fellow. Instead of doing the other fellow in, they should be trying to outdo the other fellow in love! We ought to try to figure out how to be a blessing to people! We need to be asking ourselves, How can I bless people? How can I do good to them? (Kenneth E Hagin)

A great mindset. How can i bless people? How can i do good to them.

It is more blessed, refreshing and rewarding to help others than to just be collecting from people.

@Sidespin, thanks for all your messages from great men of God.

God bless you.
God2man.

1 Like

Re: Say The Truth And Avoid Greed by PastorOluT(m): 8:05am On Sep 19, 2013
God2man:

A great mindset. How can i bless people? How can i do good to them.

It is more blessed, refreshing and rewarding to help others than to just be collecting from people.

@Sidespin, thanks for all your messages from great men of God.

God bless you.
God2man.

All that should not bother u, once u have the life of Christ in u (encounter) His love will be shed abroad in ur by the HolyGhost. Many dont exhibit the life of Christ 'cos they are yet to encounter Him, u can't give what u dont have u know!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Pls Is It Bad For Xtian Brother To Wear Nicker Or Three Quater Around The Street / Money, Finance And Endtime (prophetic) / What Killed The King?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.