Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,898 members, 7,814,036 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:52 AM

9ice Is Going Global- 9ice To Perform At Mandelas Birthday Concert In London - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / 9ice Is Going Global- 9ice To Perform At Mandelas Birthday Concert In London (1787 Views)

Download everyday by 9ice to mobile / 9ice To Sell New Cd For N2,000 / Hottest!9ice Is Engaged To Toni Payne (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

9ice Is Going Global- 9ice To Perform At Mandelas Birthday Concert In London by femigirl(f): 12:36am On Jun 22, 2008
http://www.9iceonline.com/9ice/ind_news.php

9ice to Perform at Mandelas Birthday Concert in London

Popular Nigerian Artist 9ice (born Abolore Akande) is set to perform for the first time in London to a crowd of over 40,000 people. The 46664 concert, which celebrates Nelson Mandela’s 90th birthday, will hold on the 27th of June 2008 at London Hyde Park.

Award winning 9ice who came into the limelight with hit songs like Little Money, Gongo Aso, and Street Credibility has been named by many as Nigeria’s foremost musical culture exponent by music lovers everywhere. Tagged the hitmaker, 9ice’s use of proverbial lyrics, coupled with his unique style and brilliant vocal ability made him an instant fan favorite. Fans of 9ice say he leaves them wanting to find out more about their culture.

9ice will be representing Nigeria in the Zain Group sponsored event (Zain Group owns Celtel International). Other international artists expected to perform on this special occasion alongside 9ice include Amy Winehouse, Soweto Gospel Choir, U2, Queen, Annie Lennox, Simple Minds and other top artist from around the world with many more surprise performances expected.

The event celebrating Mandela’s life and achievements, is to be attended by the cream of the crop in society, Royals, Politicians, Entertainers and some of the most influential people in the world, some of whom include Oprah Winfry, Bill Clinton, Robert DeNiro, and Forest Whitaker. It will be hosted by Will Smith and covered by many international media houses.

Tickets for the concert are 65 pounds and proceeds will go to the Nelson Mandela Foundation.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: 9ice Is Going Global- 9ice To Perform At Mandelas Birthday Concert In London by femigirl(f): 12:37am On Jun 22, 2008
Come out to support one Nigeria favourie son of the moment.

9ice is going all the way, keep supporting him
Re: 9ice Is Going Global- 9ice To Perform At Mandelas Birthday Concert In London by lalaboi(m): 9:28am On Jun 22, 2008
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-141697.0.html

YEA! WE KNOW THAT ALREADY! SOMEONE CREATED A THREAD ON THIS BEFORE YOU! SORRY TOO LATE!
Re: 9ice Is Going Global- 9ice To Perform At Mandelas Birthday Concert In London by tosinadeda: 10:22am On Jun 22, 2008
lalaboi:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-141697.0.html

YEA! WE KNOW THAT ALREADY! SOMEONE CREATED A THREAD ON THIS BEFORE YOU! SORRY TOO LATE!

guy leave tori for moderator jare
na ur work?
if u cant lock the thread then y post wut u just posted?
Re: 9ice Is Going Global- 9ice To Perform At Mandelas Birthday Concert In London by lalaboi(m): 10:37am On Jun 22, 2008
i laugh in yooba!!

guy why dnt u leave me alone?
wats bad in what i just did?

just helpn out (making it easier for him)! am sure the moderator sees it dat way!

remember u did the same thing on the 'one hit wonders' thread!
and u didnt think back then dat its the moderators job!

AM sure u wer planning on doing d same tin here, n u r bn miserable cos i beat u to it! lol.

see! i dnt want to hit the bad books of the moderator for posting offtopic! so i'll kindly appreciate it if u dnt comment on whatever i say on this forum! do u thing, i'll do my thing! simple as!!!

i'll leave the rest for the moderator!
Re: 9ice Is Going Global- 9ice To Perform At Mandelas Birthday Concert In London by tosinadeda: 10:41am On Jun 22, 2008
comment withdrawn
Re: 9ice Is Going Global- 9ice To Perform At Mandelas Birthday Concert In London by tosinadeda: 11:48am On Jun 28, 2008
how comeno1 is talking about his performance ystday
me thinks it was ok sha, but the live band thing affected his stage performance, 9ice isnt the kind of person u give a live band to,not eso when he is performing Gongo Aso!!!!!!!!!!!!!
all the same nice perfomance from him, even though the time was short
Re: 9ice Is Going Global- 9ice To Perform At Mandelas Birthday Concert In London by toto1: 2:23pm On Jun 28, 2008
wow, i was glad when i saw him on stage i was wanting him to display on the platform, but he just stood on one place and sang and tell us God bless us, i am happy for him, God bless him and his career also.
Re: 9ice Is Going Global- 9ice To Perform At Mandelas Birthday Concert In London by benedo(m): 3:58pm On Jun 28, 2008
It's was good to see him well spruced up this time around, Nice one really, even though the band backing him just messed up the rythm of that great jam.it was apparent there was no time for rehearsal, its all gud anyway, 9ice is now WORLWIDE wink
Re: 9ice Is Going Global- 9ice To Perform At Mandelas Birthday Concert In London by lakeside4love(m): 6:26pm On Jun 28, 2008
Oh yes the band messed up the song, Though they tried a bit,
I was just so happy to see our very own 9ice on the stage, He at least made Naija Proud,
Re: 9ice Is Going Global- 9ice To Perform At Mandelas Birthday Concert In London by tosinadeda: 7:04pm On Jun 28, 2008
i be double now!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: 9ice Is Going Global- 9ice To Perform At Mandelas Birthday Concert In London by javalove(m): 7:27pm On Jun 28, 2008
i m sooooo hapi for dis bobo oooo. all of a sudden, i m an ardent fan,
Re: 9ice Is Going Global- 9ice To Perform At Mandelas Birthday Concert In London by tosinadeda: 8:04pm On Jun 28, 2008
erm erm so how did it take u?
Re: 9ice Is Going Global- 9ice To Perform At Mandelas Birthday Concert In London by javalove(m): 2:41pm On Jun 29, 2008
tosinadeda:

erm erm so how did it take u?

how else can an artiste take me if not for tight lyrics? I gbadun d bob lyrics. They make me think and he flows well too. His voice is nice but i dont care about that. I m just after what an artiste spits.

So if u are close to sauce pikin, tell him to step up his lyrics cheesy
Re: 9ice Is Going Global- 9ice To Perform At Mandelas Birthday Concert In London by tosinadeda: 2:52pm On Jun 29, 2008
java java ure obsessed with sauce kid shocked
na wa for u o grin grin
Re: 9ice Is Going Global- 9ice To Perform At Mandelas Birthday Concert In London by javalove(m): 6:12pm On Jun 29, 2008
tosinadeda:

java java ure obsessed with sauce kid shocked
na wa for u o grin grin

not really, its d way u guys are carrying him, he isn't worth all d hype. good entertainer though but una dey over rate am. i wud bob my head to the track "yebariba samboribobo" (what a title!!) meaningless though but a nice cllub banher
Re: 9ice Is Going Global- 9ice To Perform At Mandelas Birthday Concert In London by gbengaijot(m): 3:28am On Jun 30, 2008
Me think 9ice was simply da bomb with the live performance. He was backed by the Soweto Gospel Choir and i noticed that he had to sing part of the chorus himself. This is suppose to be the job of the backup choir.

However, despite his first appearance outside of Nigeria, and a show of that calibre, he still exhude a lot of confidence. I really love that. And just watching this video with a totally enhanced Audio ( No thanks to those whack up speakers at Nigerian Events) reveals one of the best vocal talent we have.

9ice was simply Nice. I love his style coz he is quite a unique and original type,
Re: 9ice Is Going Global- 9ice To Perform At Mandelas Birthday Concert In London by AkinW: 12:53pm On Jun 30, 2008
Nice Performance, I am proud of our Nigerian brother.

A bit dissapointed his debut in front of a live international audience was shared with another African artist, but I suppose someting is better than nothing.

Also, Gongo Aso is not known internationally amongst non Nigerians and so it would have been ideal to stick to the original version of the track rather than the step down live band version he sang, I felt it diluted the songs appeal to an extent.

In the Fela days, he had influence on how he was perceived, particularly on stage, this must have contributed to Fela the legend and Afro beat King.

The Ghana girl presenter even pronounced his name wrong, a bit dissapointed with her considering she is Ghanian with a lot of Naija friends.
Re: 9ice Is Going Global- 9ice To Perform At Mandelas Birthday Concert In London by hotshawlng(m): 2:19pm On Jun 30, 2008
If you ask me, his perfomance was terrible!
Re: 9ice Is Going Global- 9ice To Perform At Mandelas Birthday Concert In London by wolexf(m): 2:51pm On Jun 30, 2008
hotshawlng:

If you ask me, his perfomance was terrible!

I think that is a very mean thing to say, i personally hate it when people who cant offer anything better open their mouths and condem others who are at least doing something.

The performance was nice as far as am concerned, the instrumental was produced live by the soweto choir, surely it could have been better, but at least unlike many Nigerian musicians who come on stage to mime their tracks, he actually performed his song live on stage
Re: 9ice Is Going Global- 9ice To Perform At Mandelas Birthday Concert In London by wolexf(m): 2:57pm On Jun 30, 2008
mightydick:

i have a problem with that song - anytime i hear it played - my di ck rises in excitement - what do i do?

I guess ur name says it all, "Mighty Dick", i think ur dick is just generally hyperactive and it has little to do with the song.
Re: 9ice Is Going Global- 9ice To Perform At Mandelas Birthday Concert In London by wolexf(m): 3:11pm On Jun 30, 2008
mightydick:

well - thank you - but if that is your picture - then you're very ugly.

Yeah right, Mr Handsome that is so scared of his own skin, despite ur mighty dick u dont even have the balls to post ur picture on ur page.
Ugly Ducklin
Re: 9ice Is Going Global- 9ice To Perform At Mandelas Birthday Concert In London by javalove(m): 3:17pm On Jun 30, 2008
lol
Re: 9ice Is Going Global- 9ice To Perform At Mandelas Birthday Concert In London by femigirl(f): 9:15pm On Jul 06, 2008
9ice is doing big things, he can only get better. I actually like the live band. i could hear some nerves in his voice. But 110% proud of this guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HC9dqB5qlI

The girl that introduce 9ice is called June Sarpong, she called him air nice

Come and support your guy 9ice on 25th July 2008 at Troxy london in concert
Re: 9ice Is Going Global- 9ice To Perform At Mandelas Birthday Concert In London by hotshawlng(m): 9:58pm On Aug 29, 2008
wolexf:

I think that is a very mean thing to say, i personally hate it when people who can't offer anything better open their mouths and condem others who are at least doing something.

The performance was nice as far as am concerned, the instrumental was produced live by the soweto choir, surely it could have been better, but at least unlike many Nigerian musicians who come on stage to mime their tracks, he actually performed his song live on stage

Na u sabi na! Abi? Am I not entitled to my opinion No follow me play rough play ooo,

(1) (Reply)

Dbanj Without Don Jazzy Equals D-jagons / Top 5 Gospel Music To Build Your Faith In God (2016) / DOWNLOAD Mp3: DJ Ace SA – Star Wars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.