Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,291 members, 7,815,502 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:33 PM

President Jonathan Re-introduce Car & House Loans - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan Re-introduce Car & House Loans (18930 Views)

Breaking: FG To Re-introduce Tolls – Fashola / Obiano Sacks Aide Over Jonathan’s Re-Election Jingle / Dickson Bans Activities Of Group Supporting Jonathan Re-election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Jonathan Re-introduce Car & House Loans by Nobody: 2:40pm On Sep 19, 2013
payless: Who is buying this peace of sh1t? Promises after promises and nothing to show for it. Deluded people, cursed nation.........

Are you shivering already? Take blanket before you kpeme, The Fresh Hurricane aint for bad belle people because it gives them sickness and cold.

9 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Re-introduce Car & House Loans by nijanigga: 2:41pm On Sep 19, 2013
To be fooled of building prosperity from the top to the bottom. Folks, it doesn't work like that, you need a solid foundation to build prosperity from the bottom that goes up. Nigerian roads are death traps, the risk is just unquantifiable.
Re: President Jonathan Re-introduce Car & House Loans by Nobody: 2:42pm On Sep 19, 2013
Pedagogue: Was enjoying the report until I saw this part "is aimed at curtailing corruption".

In GEJ's mind, he is fighting corruption...!!!

Left to me, this is a conduit pipe for corruption.

Who and who are in charge of this scheme? A bank that is under the control of the second most corrupt ministry in nigeria(you can quote me anywhere) the ministry of finance!!!

A large percentage of the approved funds for the scheme will go into the pockets of directors and people in govt. So, what drink was Mr. President drinking when he said the scheme is aimed @ curtailing corruption?

I would have lauded this scheme but for the lack of the right institution to make it work. But as things stand, the real ppl that need it will not have access to the funds.
Until we have a govt that is ready to strengthen our institutions, any scheme (no matter how good) Will not achieve its stated objectives.

What proof do you have to show that the Finance minister is corrupt, Do show us your proof.

6 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Re-introduce Car & House Loans by Xriss: 2:43pm On Sep 19, 2013
Pedagogue: Was enjoying the report until I saw this part "is aimed at curtailing corruption".

In GEJ's mind, he is fighting corruption...!!!

Left to me, this is a conduit pipe for corruption.

Who and who are in charge of this scheme? A bank that is under the control of the second most corrupt ministry in nigeria(you can quote me anywhere) the ministry of finance!!!

A large percentage of the approved funds for the scheme will go into the pockets of directors and people in govt. So, what drink was Mr. President drinking when he said the scheme is aimed @ curtailing corruption?

I would have lauded this scheme but for the lack of the right institution to make it work. But as things stand, the real ppl that need it will not have access to the funds.
Until we have a govt that is ready to strengthen our institutions, any scheme (no matter how good) Will not achieve its stated objectives.

GBAM
Re: President Jonathan Re-introduce Car & House Loans by Boss13: 2:43pm On Sep 19, 2013
If this works out I go form Asari Dokubo - Whether they vote or they no vote, whether there is election or there is no election, Jonathan MUST be president. Pikin no fine but hin mama like am.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Re-introduce Car & House Loans by karlmax2: 2:44pm On Sep 19, 2013
gboss4sure:

What proof do you have to show that the Finance minister is corrupt, Do show us your proof.
he would soon quote a newspaper publication for u as prove

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Re-introduce Car & House Loans by pictures: 2:51pm On Sep 19, 2013
Car and house loans should not only be for big men and high salary earners but also for small scale business
people .

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Re-introduce Car & House Loans by Youngzedd(m): 3:06pm On Sep 19, 2013
ukobia: This is the type of news we av bin expecting.we av all that it takes 2b great.God bless the federal Republic of Nigeria.God bless the president of Nigeria.

AMEN!

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Re-introduce Car & House Loans by Youngzedd(m): 3:09pm On Sep 19, 2013
tomakint: Goodluck Ebele Jonathan is indeed a blessing to Nigerians and Nigeria, when the time is ripe, I will mount the rostrum and campaign for this Great Son of Africa to be returned to power come 2015 to finish his good works!

Long Live the good people of Nigeria!
Long Live Federal Republic of Nigeria!
Long Life and Prosperity to you Jonathan!

AMEN!

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Re-introduce Car & House Loans by Youngzedd(m): 3:12pm On Sep 19, 2013
israel007:

So if there is no source, it can't be true? What if he heard it directly from the president's mouth, how can u confirm it.

LMAO
Re: President Jonathan Re-introduce Car & House Loans by takeprofit: 3:12pm On Sep 19, 2013
eluquenson:
http://ngrguardiannews.com/national-news/133106-jonathan-reintroduces-car-housing-loans-for-workers-

Share your thoughts?

I don't think its a good idea. there are still more important things that needs to be given attention to. Where r those graduates that dont have job? (NAUG). Tell us what he wants to do with them first b4 telling me about car and house loan.
Re: President Jonathan Re-introduce Car & House Loans by Dewze(m): 3:14pm On Sep 19, 2013
Give house loan only and not car loans. Better still, take the money available for car loans and add them to the fund set for house loans. By this way we wld have more houses to shelter our ever increasing population and then less congestion and pollution in our cities.

Use of public transport should be encouraged by the Government.

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Re-introduce Car & House Loans by Youngzedd(m): 3:18pm On Sep 19, 2013
payless: Who is buying this peace of sh1t? Promises after promises and nothing to show for it. Deluded people, cursed nation.........
@Nairalanders shall we seat down and allow this 1diotic being insult our fatherland?
He just cursed all of us.

May you never enjoy any goodies from the giant of Africa. You shall see it but won't enjoy it.
Back to sender!!!

If you are with me click like.

24 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Re-introduce Car & House Loans by Youngzedd(m): 3:21pm On Sep 19, 2013
takeprofit:

I don't think its a good idea. there are still more important things that needs to be given attention to. Where r those graduates that dont have job? (NAUG). Tell us what he wants to do with them first b4 telling me about car and house loan.

This is also important.
I understood where you're coming from, but this is very important.
Re: President Jonathan Re-introduce Car & House Loans by Atouke: 3:22pm On Sep 19, 2013
This is good news ! if it is implemented it will be a game changer in the economy. ppl with jobs will be able to buy houses and cars which are what the save up for all their working live anyways. The loans should be expanded to include students loans too.

3 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Re-introduce Car & House Loans by Roughbook: 3:24pm On Sep 19, 2013
this is goodnews, but did he say the plan is on pipeline? abeg make i go check dis one 4 my papa backyard
Re: President Jonathan Re-introduce Car & House Loans by Nobody: 3:25pm On Sep 19, 2013
Youngzedd:
@Nairalanders shall we seat down and allow this 1diotic being insult our fatherland?

May you never enjoy any goodies from the giant of Africa. You shall see it but won't enjoy it.
Back to sender!!!

Re: President Jonathan Re-introduce Car & House Loans by greaterlove(m): 3:25pm On Sep 19, 2013
takeprofit:

you don't think this is a good idea but you think Baraje and the g7 going to the national assembly is a good idea right?

5 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Re-introduce Car & House Loans by larride(m): 3:26pm On Sep 19, 2013
Nice initiative from the GEJ led administration, if he would possibly pull this off, it will definitely change the game-plan of 2015 election as it would directly impact life's of the masses. With that being said, what institution are being put in place to make this idea/initiative a success, won't our corrupt oga's at the top see this as a means to continue looting the treasury, I fear it might be business as usual for our oga at the top if they are the one that's going to be in charge. Funds might not be easily accessed or only their family members or friends might have access to the said funds or loan. The GEJ led administration should try and put in place a solid institution that will make this kind of idea/initiative thrive because this is the kind of innovation we need but the reality on ground may prevent the masses from enjoying the scheme but only the elite and the cronies. Nigeria I believe will be a better country someday. Nice idea GEJ, I'm impressed.

5 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Re-introduce Car & House Loans by Nobody: 3:27pm On Sep 19, 2013
A government full of promises,a government without vision,he has promised us so many with little or no implementation,God is watching those at the corridors of power.
Re: President Jonathan Re-introduce Car & House Loans by ShineIt: 3:29pm On Sep 19, 2013
Youngzedd:

Back to sender!!!

Bros payless or brainless is one of the biggest losers here on Nairaland.
Abeg forget that loser.

12 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Re-introduce Car & House Loans by Atouke: 3:37pm On Sep 19, 2013
[b]innoson vehicles and other local car industry should key into this if the govt. is serious about this plan, they should start lobbying Abuja heavily to make sure the FG will use this plan to encourage local car manufacturers/assembly by making sure the loans will only cover cars locally manufactured/ assembled that will create more jobs for nigerians at home in that industry.

Same with building material manufacturers in the country, Dangote, unicem, lafarge etc should do same. If implemented it will change the economy and will be a win win for nigeria. can you imaging the verve that that industry will get if this plan in implemented and the number of construction jobs it will create in the economy? construction worldwide is a major employer of labour.

It will even change the way we live as more structured settlement/ estate will be built by developers if they know Nigerians will have loans to by the said homes.
Bloody good idea by the FG if you ask me. like i said students loans should also be included this will attract quality private universities to set up shops in Nigeria if they know kids will be able to pay fees, that will force the public institutions/ASSU to sit up. [/b]

8 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Re-introduce Car & House Loans by deeptesting(m): 3:41pm On Sep 19, 2013
How can I be celebrating a mere statement from the President that is yet to see the light of the day? Please I need some space to rest my head, its aching. I know our Govt. is ridiculous in coming up with people oriented policies but too daft in its implementation.. I have bookmarked this page for reference in 2014, it is my earnest wish that this lofty dream turns out to be real and not just an imagination.
Re: President Jonathan Re-introduce Car & House Loans by Atouke: 3:49pm On Sep 19, 2013
I think if this plan is implemented it will be the best thing that the FG will do in his Tenure that has the capacity to change nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Re-introduce Car & House Loans by Danfo(m): 3:55pm On Sep 19, 2013
iterator25: If this is true, I'm coming back home

Gullible Nigerians! So you left Nigeria because home and car loans were not available?

Anyway, if this news is true then it is because of 2015 and nothing else.

This is political trick called appeasement i.e using material concessions to buy vote.

The policy will never take off and if it does it will last only but a few months.
Re: President Jonathan Re-introduce Car & House Loans by Nobody: 3:55pm On Sep 19, 2013
GOD BLESS THE PRESIDENT
GOD BLESS THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA

10 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Re-introduce Car & House Loans by larride(m): 3:56pm On Sep 19, 2013
Atouke: I think if this plan is implemented it will be the best thing that the FG will do in his Tenure that has the capacity to change nigeria.

I agree, if this plan is implemented, who's gonna bother about any opposition when we know that we are in capable hands. Let Mr. President focus on delivering elections promises and dividends of democracy for us and we masses will decide if he's gonna lead us further or not.

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Re-introduce Car & House Loans by Nobody: 4:00pm On Sep 19, 2013
Re: President Jonathan Re-introduce Car & House Loans by Joysmart(f): 4:04pm On Sep 19, 2013
wow fresh air indeed

5 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Re-introduce Car & House Loans by awodman: 4:05pm On Sep 19, 2013
nairaman66:

Mundane comments from someone who has been bought to the other side.. Realistically, do you think GEJ is equal to this promising venture.. The big question is? Will this project be financed from the total removal of subsidy next year? Could be possible, don't you think? But this project of GEJ's is not possible..

This initiative to establish a mortgage refinancing company started last year..so its definitely not a knee jerk reaction aimed at scoring cheap political points

awodman:

Prospective home owners in Nigeria are to benefit, as the
Federal Government plans to set up a Mortgage Refinance
Corporation (MRC) next year, with an initial N5 billion in
capitalisation and a further $250million in debt financing.

This was disclosed yesterday by Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, minister of Finance and Co-ordinating Minister for the Economy, at the 2012 Lagos Business School (LBS), alumni day, in Lekki, Lagos.

www.businessdayonline.com/NG/index.php/news/76-hot-topic/47718-prospective-home-owners-to-benefit-as-fg-plans-n5bn-mortgage-refinance-corporation

8 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Re-introduce Car & House Loans by Nobody: 4:12pm On Sep 19, 2013
French fresh air.

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Re-introduce Car & House Loans by kilmix: 4:13pm On Sep 19, 2013
When any progress is attained in this Administration, useless people will say 2015 politics/Gimmicks.. So GEJ shud just sit in office doing nothing and u guys will be happy?

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"Watch Your Statements" - South-West Muslims Caution Obasanjo, Danjuma, Others / APC Crisis: Govs Back Down As Buhari Supports Oshiomhole / Bakare Urges National Assembly To Impeach Goodluck Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.