Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,452 members, 7,812,383 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:32 PM

An Islamic Perspective Of The World Muslim Beauty Pageant Innovation - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / An Islamic Perspective Of The World Muslim Beauty Pageant Innovation (14643 Views)

Ways To Please Your Wife (islamic Perspective) / Nigerian Wins World Muslim Beauty Pageant / Football: World Muslim 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Islamic Perspective Of The World Muslim Beauty Pageant Innovation by Cockpitboy(m): 10:58am On Sep 20, 2013
Blah blah blah blah...too much dependence on religion for everything.
Re: An Islamic Perspective Of The World Muslim Beauty Pageant Innovation by ibrokola(m): 11:08am On Sep 20, 2013
Ameem!
Re: An Islamic Perspective Of The World Muslim Beauty Pageant Innovation by NorseGod: 11:08am On Sep 20, 2013
SMH. Even though the pagaent had nothing to do with beauty una still dey complain. Na only God know who iim true worshipers be.
Re: An Islamic Perspective Of The World Muslim Beauty Pageant Innovation by deols(f): 11:10am On Sep 20, 2013
saintvc: I wonder why some group of religion fanatics have decided to continue living an achaic way of life. Always drawing people backward.

They do all sexual immorality and support teenage marriage only to frown at beauty pageant

i didnt call any name before some extremist start banning me

what does achaic mean to you?

lol..
Re: An Islamic Perspective Of The World Muslim Beauty Pageant Innovation by mystery001(m): 11:11am On Sep 20, 2013
Yes we now drive posh cars. Yes we now have aeroplanes. Yes we now take non-alchoholic drinks. And so many more things that never existed during the time of the Prophet and his companions but we MUST draw the line between things that are allowed even though not encouraged in Islam. Clearly the whole idea of a beauty parade is not islamic and we must not bend down to compromise. Many people think Islam ends just in prayers or not drinking alchohol but it goes far beyound to even minute issues like eating and sleeping.

1 Like

Re: An Islamic Perspective Of The World Muslim Beauty Pageant Innovation by baba11(m): 11:22am On Sep 20, 2013
May Allah guides us aright but this is clearly and totally unislamic and unacceptable no matter the intentions of the organisers!!!
Re: An Islamic Perspective Of The World Muslim Beauty Pageant Innovation by brosdoncome(m): 11:23am On Sep 20, 2013
Na their fadas dem want make he read this story abi? undecided Allahu akbar any ways cheesy
Re: An Islamic Perspective Of The World Muslim Beauty Pageant Innovation by macllatunji: 11:23am On Sep 20, 2013
deols: I am really sorry for the lady in question. I hope she will seek forgiveness from Allah.Whoever starts something that is wrong will continue to get the sins for the ones who follow her footsteps.

The Muslim community of Nigeria is definitely not accepting her as their beauty queen.

She is No role model to young nor elderly Muslims.

In fact, She will more likely get the awkward looks.

and she did all that and is going to get all these for a meagre some of $2.2k

Not even a million or more?

I hope she learns and that the organisers do as well.

Why do you feel sorry for her?
Re: An Islamic Perspective Of The World Muslim Beauty Pageant Innovation by muhandis(m): 11:23am On Sep 20, 2013
saintvc: I wonder why some group of religion fanatics have decided to continue living an achaic way of life. Always drawing people backward.

They do all sexual immorality and support teenage marriage only to frown at beauty pageant

Must You Comment Mchew. "To You Is Your Religion And To Us Is Ours"

2 Likes

Re: An Islamic Perspective Of The World Muslim Beauty Pageant Innovation by kefmawin: 11:39am On Sep 20, 2013
I will also be quick to add that such beauty pageant is not supported by the Christian faith as the holy bible encourages women to walk with all modesty and "shamefacedness" (1Timothy 2:9,10; 1Peter 3:1-5; ). It is a product of the decaying world as the bible puts it (1John 2:15-17).

The real beauty is in the inward character that plays out as godly virtues.

God even had to reprimand the daughters of Zion for such indecency (Isaiah 3:16-20) and pronounced His judgement.

However, we must also examine our own hearts before we judge others lest we become great hypocrites.
It is bad enough to have a show of religion and abstinence from certain practices while the heart is full of pollutions and corruptions and when given the opportunity worst things are done in the secrets and dark corners.

The true path to freedom is to accept and receive the grace of God which alone can save us from sin and its consequences (Titus 2:11-14, John 3:16).

Our personal struggles in human strength will always fall short of God's requirement. Only His grace can keep us clean.

10 Likes

Re: An Islamic Perspective Of The World Muslim Beauty Pageant Innovation by Nobody: 11:43am On Sep 20, 2013
mystery001: Yes we now drive posh cars. Yes we now have aeroplanes. Yes we now take non-alchoholic drinks. And so many more things that never existed during the time of the Prophet and his companions but we MUST draw the line between things that are allowed even though not encouraged in Islam.

Indeed you must know where to draw the line. Yall drive posh cars and fly in aeroplanes instead of using camels like the prophet. Isn't that imitating the unbelievers?
The surface of the statement utterly negates the uncompromised dictate of Islaam not to imitate the disbelivers in any ramification. It is glaring and evident that the idea was drawn from the un-Islamic Miss World concept. The Prophet (SAW) of Allaah says: "He who imitates any group is also one of them".

9 Likes

Re: An Islamic Perspective Of The World Muslim Beauty Pageant Innovation by jacob2012(m): 11:44am On Sep 20, 2013
is there anything wrong in this. Moreover, she was nt naked, should we always condemn any good things. My dear sister, if ur heart has nt condemn you have nt wrong. Soonest. Many wil join you
sometime ago muslim ladies were nt allow in olympic, bt today some broken the gin in a moral way. I hail u my dear sis. Up 9ja

3 Likes

Re: An Islamic Perspective Of The World Muslim Beauty Pageant Innovation by lafuria1(m): 11:45am On Sep 20, 2013
macllatunji:

Why do you feel sorry for her?
Nice try, u registered a new account with d mod name just few minutes ago in other to troll this thread. Coward, u should have been brave enough to use your well known alias. Smh
Re: An Islamic Perspective Of The World Muslim Beauty Pageant Innovation by ayobase(m): 11:49am On Sep 20, 2013
Well, so far so good, I'm yet to see "Christain beauty pageant"

I still don't see anything wrong if it's all about to showcase the beauty of Islam to unbelievers like me.....u do need to give something for me to believe in. INTELLIGENCE from the ladies go a longer way.

One of the best ways of Evangelizing is by making use of the females.

It seems the problem here is the "catwalking"
Re: An Islamic Perspective Of The World Muslim Beauty Pageant Innovation by macllatunji: 11:50am On Sep 20, 2013
la furia:
Nice try, u registered a new account with d mod name just few minutes ago in other to troll this thread. Coward, u should have been brave enough to use your well known alias. Smh

Troll? Nope - your mod banned me. It's only in the Islamic section where there is no freedom of speech. My new NL name is legit and legal. Go easy on me now - you are not allowed to insult me, otherwise - you might be banned smiley. Knowing your Mod is biased, he will over-look it grin
Re: An Islamic Perspective Of The World Muslim Beauty Pageant Innovation by macllatunji: 11:52am On Sep 20, 2013
jacob2012: is there anything wrong in this. Moreover, she was nt naked, should we always condemn any good things. My dear sister, if ur heart has nt condemn you have nt wrong. Soonest. Many wil join you
sometime ago muslim ladies were nt allow in olympic, bt today some broken the gin in a moral way. I hail u my dear sis. Up 9ja

When people realize that the only thing that is constant in this world is change; they will not look at 7th century Arab culture as a way of life.

3 Likes

Re: An Islamic Perspective Of The World Muslim Beauty Pageant Innovation by tintingz(m): 11:58am On Sep 20, 2013
macllatunji:

No - A muslim can't invest/lend with the intention to make profit?
Yes - Underage marriage is allowed
Yes - A muslim man can marry up to 4 wives but a woman can't
Yes - A muslim man is allowed to beat his wife in this day and age
Yes - Raping of slaves are allowed yet a beauty pageant isn't
Who's this fake maclatunji? undecided

Oga mac don't let some peeps spoil your moniker o.
Re: An Islamic Perspective Of The World Muslim Beauty Pageant Innovation by abatisegun: 11:59am On Sep 20, 2013

u don't get it right. I think u r not a muslim or a person of knowledge. Try to get it right.
Re: An Islamic Perspective Of The World Muslim Beauty Pageant Innovation by devour129: 12:00pm On Sep 20, 2013
What do you guys want ? Don't get it ! I tot the peagent was to show that you can still be beautiful and smart without strutting around naked ? You know,you guys can never be satisfied until all women are locked up and only brought out for procreation and all people of the world convert.

7 Likes

Re: An Islamic Perspective Of The World Muslim Beauty Pageant Innovation by lanre47: 12:01pm On Sep 20, 2013
The Organizer should just seek for Allah forgiveness because this kind of innovation is not part of Islam and it shall be rejected out-rightly.

The show is absolutely rubbish!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: An Islamic Perspective Of The World Muslim Beauty Pageant Innovation by macllatunji: 12:02pm On Sep 20, 2013
tintingz: Who's this fake maclatunji? undecided

Oga mac don't some peeps spoil your moniker o.

It is macllatunji and not maclatunji. Learn to read grin
Re: An Islamic Perspective Of The World Muslim Beauty Pageant Innovation by macllatunji: 12:03pm On Sep 20, 2013
abatisegun: u don't get it right. I think u r not a muslim or a person of knowledge. Try to get it right.

So, if others share a different view then it means they are wrong abi?
Re: An Islamic Perspective Of The World Muslim Beauty Pageant Innovation by Oketwin(m): 12:11pm On Sep 20, 2013
Hmmmm next
Re: An Islamic Perspective Of The World Muslim Beauty Pageant Innovation by Enkaynwa(f): 12:12pm On Sep 20, 2013
Re: An Islamic Perspective Of The World Muslim Beauty Pageant Innovation by Nobody: 12:15pm On Sep 20, 2013
lanre47: The Organizer should just seek for Allah forgiveness because this kind of innovation is not part of Islam and it shall be rejected out-rightly.

The show is absolutely rubbish!!!!!!!
I knew it! The winner of that pageant had better not step back into Nigeria because- trust the northerners, we ll all soon feel the ripple effect- if a fatwa is not place on her head, there sure ll be a bloody protest!
Re: An Islamic Perspective Of The World Muslim Beauty Pageant Innovation by gluv01(f): 12:22pm On Sep 20, 2013
devour129: What do you guys want ? Don't get it ! I tot the peagent was to show that you can still be beautiful and smart without strutting around naked ? You know,you guys can never be satisfied until all women are locked up and only brought out for procreation and all people of the world convert.

i wonder o
Re: An Islamic Perspective Of The World Muslim Beauty Pageant Innovation by cocobabe(f): 12:23pm On Sep 20, 2013
But this is just plain bias. Stop and revert your mind back to senator yarima some few months ago.religion says........ but morally it was wrong and the Muslim crowd applauded him( well the ones that dint kept their mouths shut) now this promising young misguided lady steps out into limelight to represent Nigeria and every ones fury is on her. SMH....
Re: An Islamic Perspective Of The World Muslim Beauty Pageant Innovation by mshd5: 12:25pm On Sep 20, 2013
Thanks op, ds is immitation f highest order n nt acceptable in Islam, may ALLAH 4giv us.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ruling On Trader Using Voodoo Soap Because Of Customer / Photos From The Commissioning Of Central Mosque Okpo, Olamaboro In Kogi / Share Your Eid Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.