Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,766 members, 7,820,680 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:23 PM

Ruling On Trader Using Voodoo Soap Because Of Customer - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Ruling On Trader Using Voodoo Soap Because Of Customer (14668 Views)

Ruling On A Woman Putting Her Picture On Social Media / Reminder: Ruling On Congratulating Non Muslim On Their Festival Celebration / Islamic Ruling On Blowing Oneself Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ruling On Trader Using Voodoo Soap Because Of Customer by Lukgaf(m): 8:46am On Aug 31, 2018
QUESTION AND ANSWER WITH SHAYKH (DR) SHAROF GBADEBO ROOJEE

Questioner: (As for) making use of ‘Aajo soap’ (voodoo soap) upon the understanding that Allaah does not detest voodoo, if a trader is given such voodoo soap, what is the ruling of Islaam on it?
Re: Ruling On Trader Using Voodoo Soap Because Of Customer by Lukgaf(m): 8:47am On Aug 31, 2018
Dr Sharof: Allaah does not detest ‘Aajo’ should either be a prophetic tradition or a verse of the Qur’aan (before it can be accepted). This is because a statement like this should not be mentioned except with its evidence. (A person says), Allaah does not detest ‘Aajo’, and what is meant by this is grinding the head of snake to make soaps and yet you say Allaah does not detest ‘Aajo’; Allaah detests it. What is meant by it is that an innocent child is used for money ritual, yet you say Allaah does not detest it; Allaah detests it. What is meant by it is that a person is charmed to death and you say Allaah does not detest it. You are lying against Allaah. For this reason, one must not lie against Allaah and the Prophet (sollaLloohu ‘alayhi wa sallam).

Yes, Allaah does not detest the ‘Aajo’ that has to do with being punctual at your market place and not frowning (at your customers) when doing your business. All these are ‘Aajo’ required for you to make huge sales. Allaah does not detest the ‘Aajo’ that has to do with packaging your goods in nylon for your customers.

However, believing that there is a soap that will help you make huge profits is a lie. (Funnily, Shaykh said), you have written a letter to ‘Okuta’ (misfortune), and it will come with DHL (if you have such belief). For this reason, we should be wary of this evil. There is a radio station announcing that if you want your business to progress you should come to them. They declared that advertising your business at their station is faster in action than ‘Awure’ (charm for luck). I hope you understand. This is because those people making ‘Awure’ for others also patronize radio stations (for advertisement). They utter many funny statements. A person may say he uses his palm to get good fortune for others; another one says he uses water; another says he uses mats; another one says he uses prayer kettle, and so on. Why should these set of people go to radio and television stations? I hope you understand. You had better find money and go advertise your business on the radio and television stations. These people who claim they can make you fortunate are also patronizing the radio and television stations. Those radio stations even say advertising at their place is superior to good luck charms. This shows that the lairs have known themselves as liars.

Allaah taught us a lesson which will make our provisions multiply and will make us productive and contented. Allaah says, ‘And when the prayer has been concluded, disperse within the land and seek from the bounty of Allaah, and remember Allaah often that you may succeed.’ [Soorah al-Jumu’ah (62):10] If you want your business to prevail, remember Allaah often; if you want to be successful, remember Allaah often; if you want promotion in your job, remember Allaah often. What else? Whatever you want, (just ensure that you) remember Allaah often. So what is it that the Muslim does not have for which he goes to the place of Shirk? What have you lost that you want to see at the shrines?

SOURCE: Question and Answer session of the tape, Explanation of the harms of Takfeer at Ede'

Transcribed by �Aboo Aaishah Al Odeomeey

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ruling On Trader Using Voodoo Soap Because Of Customer by Hardeybohwarley(m): 9:24am On Aug 31, 2018
Don't forget today is Friday.. Endeavour to Observe the ethics. May Allah save us from Fitnah.

4 Likes

Re: Ruling On Trader Using Voodoo Soap Because Of Customer by Nobody: 9:27am On Aug 31, 2018
Many Africans claim to serve God but use voodoo for war/clashes (I don't want to mention any tribe or people but you know them), business success, cure of sicknesses and so on.

If you want to serve God, serve Him, if you want to be a traditionalist, be. Don't serve God and the devil.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ruling On Trader Using Voodoo Soap Because Of Customer by MooreJozo(m): 9:29am On Aug 31, 2018
na wa
Re: Ruling On Trader Using Voodoo Soap Because Of Customer by KIDfurniture(m): 9:31am On Aug 31, 2018
I always tell them .. any clergy that mix diabolical stuffs with the holy Quran is evil. You will hear an alfa suggesting hot oshole, cold osohole, ase je tutu, ori gbigbe tutu, ogun owo,ogun ola, even pastors mix their work with ajo for customers. I m scared of pastors , woli and alfas. I know the maker of heaven and earth is watching. I love genuine Muslim/christian sisters.

7 Likes

Re: Ruling On Trader Using Voodoo Soap Because Of Customer by eluquenson(m): 9:35am On Aug 31, 2018
The best of Aajo is to seek help from Allah alone.

All these Aajo whereby a creature is killed is simply a Shirk

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ruling On Trader Using Voodoo Soap Because Of Customer by hadjipapiey(m): 9:59am On Aug 31, 2018
DonPikko:
Muslims with all kinds of voodoo

Bigot spotted
Re: Ruling On Trader Using Voodoo Soap Because Of Customer by hadjipapiey(m): 10:04am On Aug 31, 2018
eluquenson:
The best of Aajo is to seek help from Allah alone.

You are very correct brother!
Re: Ruling On Trader Using Voodoo Soap Because Of Customer by DonPikko: 10:21am On Aug 31, 2018
hadjipapiey:

Bigot spotted

1 Like

Re: Ruling On Trader Using Voodoo Soap Because Of Customer by Rashduct4luv(m): 10:34am On Aug 31, 2018
It'high time we Muslims left Kufr of seeking spiritual help from Spiritualist Alfas who promises you of their ability to see/change your situation.

As Muslims we believe we would have problems. The Prophet had several problems too so who are we?

Pray for patience, steadfastness and piety.

May Allah grant us patience, steadfastness and piety.

1 Like

Re: Ruling On Trader Using Voodoo Soap Because Of Customer by Nobody: 10:45am On Aug 31, 2018
OkaNaUbe:
Many Africans claim to serve God but use voodoo for war/clashes (I don't want to mention any tribe or people but you know them), business success, cure of sicknesses and so on.

If you want to serve God, serve Him, if you want to be a traditionalist, be. Don't serve God and the devil.
So traditionalists serve the devil? undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ruling On Trader Using Voodoo Soap Because Of Customer by hkidola00(m): 11:06am On Aug 31, 2018
HarkymTheOracle:
So traditionalists serve the devil? undecided
yes,i agree with him, it d devil

2 Likes

Re: Ruling On Trader Using Voodoo Soap Because Of Customer by Naijamagician: 11:40am On Aug 31, 2018
hkidola00:
yes,i agree with him, it d devil

What are you saying? Why are you so ignorant.... You serve your God they serve theirs don't antagonise anyone otherwise we won't be able to live in peace.
Re: Ruling On Trader Using Voodoo Soap Because Of Customer by ollah2: 1:45pm On Aug 31, 2018
Naijamagician:

What are you saying? Why are you so ignorant.... You serve your God they serve theirs don't antagonise anyone otherwise we won't be able to live in peace.

Dont mind them. Isreali and Arabian gods are the true gods while ours are devils. What would we call the gods Asians serve? Brainwas is a big time disease

1 Like

Re: Ruling On Trader Using Voodoo Soap Because Of Customer by tintingz(m): 11:03am On Sep 01, 2018
Voodoo, jazz, juju whatever the nonsense is doesn't work, Africans should step up and stop believing in this useless sh*t.
Re: Ruling On Trader Using Voodoo Soap Because Of Customer by Rilwayne001: 11:33am On Sep 01, 2018
tintingz:
Voodoo, jazz, juju whatever the nonsense is doesn't work, Africans should step up and stop believing in this useless sh*t.
It works. That you've never experienced it doesn't mean it doesn't. Stop being confident of your ignorance.

1 Like

Re: Ruling On Trader Using Voodoo Soap Because Of Customer by tintingz(m): 1:09pm On Sep 01, 2018
Rilwayne001:

It works. That you've never experienced it doesn't mean it doesn't. Stop being confident of your ignorance.
If it works why was Africa colonized, if it works why is it not used in military force, if it works why are we not among the G7?

Juju, voodoo are magic tricks, classical science, not what it's claim, I've personally challenge people that believe Juju is real to bring forward anyone for testing. Do you know the million dollars I will sell juju if juju works like blulletproof juju?

There has been a program where it opens for voodoo to be proven, but no one was able to prove it.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_Million_Dollar_Paranormal_Challenge
Re: Ruling On Trader Using Voodoo Soap Because Of Customer by tintingz(m): 2:32pm On Sep 01, 2018
@Rilwayne001,

Here's a thread of a Nairalander that took the challenge when he traveled to Osun state to meet voodoo people, unfortunately the juju didn't work.

https://www.nairaland.com/3290176/tomorrow-prove-me-atheists-voodoo
Re: Ruling On Trader Using Voodoo Soap Because Of Customer by Rilwayne001: 2:55pm On Sep 01, 2018
tintingz:
If it works why was Africa colonized, if it works why is it not used in military force, if it works why are we not among the G7? Juju, voodoo are magic tricks, not what it's claim, I've personally challenge people that believe Juju is real to bring forward anyone for testing. Do you know the million dollars I will sell juju if juju is real like blulletproof juju?There has been a program where it opens for voodoo to be proven, but no one was able to prove it.https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_Million_Dollar_Paranormal_Challenge
I'm really hoping to come to Lagos one day and we can go on experience search of whether it works or not. I'm really going to put that into consideration now. What I'll continue to tell your however is that you do not discard what you've never experienced. I must also concede the fact that even If i have never get to have a first hand experience, nevertheless I cannot authoritatively discard it based on that fact. The reason why I'm more inclined to believe that its real is for the sole reason that if actually it wasn't, why do we have virtually everyone believing in it? You may say this is an appeal to bandwagon but then Why do we have some section of our local market selling, "Ori Eku" Ori Olongbo", antelope skin, live tortoise and all sorts of things used in making charms and stuffs? If actually these things are not working, why are still people still making huge sale from them? I have a woman selling these stuffs in my street here and believe she's built house and living comfortably from this business. Are you telling me those buying those stuffs are using it for fun?

Besides, when I was with my oga while I was learning a particular trade like that, my oga being a staunch believer make all sort of jujus and stuffs. He's supposedly a Muslim. A very person that understand the teaching of Islam and still yet goes about all these juju stuffs. He buys live tortoise. Grind all sorts of soaps and do all voodoo stuffs. Although I don't want to believe that these things are working, I must tell you that things are going pretty well for him. I had to leave when I couldn't take the whole shit again. But in front of him, you dare not say there's nothing like juju or voodoo stuffs, he's always going to prove its efficacy to you.

Besides, these voodoo stuffs isn't limited to Nigeria or Africa alone. Have you bothered to read northern America history as well as some parts of Asia and their view of voodoo before the modern world?

Finally, I'm not saying you shouldn't disbelieve in it, I'm saying you should stop saying it doesn't work blatantly until you've made your research quite well.
Re: Ruling On Trader Using Voodoo Soap Because Of Customer by Rilwayne001: 3:01pm On Sep 01, 2018
tintingz:
@Rilwayne001,
Here's a thread of a Nairalander that took the challenge when he traveled to Osun state to meet voodoo people, unfortunately the juju didn't work.https://www.nairaland.com/3290176/tomorrow-prove-me-atheists-voodoo

This experience is not enough. It's just a single experience with some random guys. He should go to ijebu. Even you, I suppose you are from ijebu, no? Once whenever you're home, make your research. Not just about getting a cutlass to see whether it will penetrate or not or whether bullet will penetrate. There are lot of things that people use voodoo to do beyond all these.
Re: Ruling On Trader Using Voodoo Soap Because Of Customer by tintingz(m): 5:28pm On Sep 01, 2018
Rilwayne001:

I'm really hoping to come to Lagos one day and we can go on experience search of whether it works or not. I'm really going to put that into consideration now. What I'll continue to tell your however is that you do not discard what you've never experienced.
When you're in Lagos buzz me.

I must also concede the fact that even If i have never get to have a first hand experience, nevertheless I cannot authoritatively discard it based on that fact. The reason why I'm more inclined to believe that its real is for the sole reason that if actually it wasn't, why do we have virtually everyone believing in it?
You are not sure about how potent juju is and you're arguing about it?

Because majority people believe in something doesn't mean it's always true, there is a fallacy called argumentum ad populum

Majority believe in Juju so why is juju not used in military force? But You know why because juju is useless when we talk about nuclear weapons and advanced weapons.

You may say this is an appeal to bandwagon but then Why do we have some section of our local market selling, "Ori Eku" Ori Olongbo", antelope skin, live tortoise and all sorts of things used in making charms and stuffs? If actually these things are not working, why are still people still making huge sale from them? I have a woman selling these stuffs in my street here and believe she's built house and living comfortably from this business. Are you telling me those buying those stuffs are using it for fun?

Besides, when I was with my oga while I was learning a particular trade like that, my oga being a staunch believer make all sort of jujus and stuffs. He's supposedly a Muslim. A very person that understand the teaching of Islam and still yet goes about all these juju stuffs. He buys live tortoise. Grind all sorts of soaps and do all voodoo stuffs. Although I don't want to believe that these things are working, I must tell you that things are going pretty well for him. I had to leave when I couldn't take the whole shit again. But in front of him, you dare not say there's nothing like juju or voodoo stuffs, he's always going to prove its efficacy to you.
Like I said juju is trick and also classical science like mixing of herbs and those sorts, chemistry has been mordernized into mordern medicine and medicine are considered natural even juju is natural just that they invoke Gods or spirits to it and people believed in it out of ignorance.

Now let's make mordern Science as example, a medical doctor gave you paracetamol to cure your body pains, he told you to invoke the Gods name gravitete, quantumama and galaxipi and the medicine works, won't you be praising the Gods and the power of the paracetamol?

That's how ignorance the people are.

Herbal medicine works yes, but to some limit, I even use them sometimes but associating it with Gods or spirits and exaggerating it like yeah, bullets can't penetrate using juju or you can disappear or fly, that's false!

Besides, these voodoo stuffs isn't limited to Nigeria or Africa alone. Have you bothered to read northern America history as well as some parts of Asia and their view of voodoo before the modern world?
Almost all cultures in the world believed in superstitions at some period but it didn't lead them to enlightenment and development, have you seen juju nuclear weapons or juju as mordern surgical center? When I see Juju regenerate limbs then I will take it serious.

Finally, I'm not saying you shouldn't disbelieve in it, I'm saying you should stop saying it doesn't work blatantly until you've made your research quite well.
I've made my research, challenged people but all are failure, there are many research about how useless juju is, they are here on Nairaland.
Re: Ruling On Trader Using Voodoo Soap Because Of Customer by tintingz(m): 5:58pm On Sep 01, 2018
Rilwayne001:

This experience is not enough. It's just a single experience with some random guys. He should go to ijebu. Even you, I suppose you are from ijebu, no? Once whenever you're home, make your research. Not just about getting a cutlass to see whether it will penetrate or not or whether bullet will penetrate. There are lot of things that people use voodoo to do beyond all these.
Hadn't been he didn't post pictures as evidence I won't take the thread serious but he did.

He traveled to Osun state, where Ifa is most worship, dude what are you saying?
You talk about ijebu, I'm from ijebu yes, but I don't believe in Juju and superstitions.

Ijebu has real potent juju right, why then they were colonized during the British-Ijebu war? Same as Edo-British war?

What other things do people use voodoo for? Flying to space?
Re: Ruling On Trader Using Voodoo Soap Because Of Customer by Rilwayne001: 6:12pm On Sep 01, 2018
tintingz:
When you're in Lagos buzz me.You are not sure about how potent juju is and you're arguing about it?

I'm not arguing about it rather I'm saying you shouldn't absolutely discard what you cannot substantiate.

Because majority people believe in something doesn't mean it's true, there is a fallacy called argumentum ad populum
Indeed it doesn't make it true, however we live in an environment these things are being experienced. That we haven't experienced it doesn't make it false. Once I asked a friend whether juju is truly real, they were actually talking about its efficacy, I then I just jokingly asked, the reply I got was that, "should we test it on you by beating you with it" I just like, oh no. Carry your wahala dey go.. Lol. I wish you were there just so they could test it on you hahaha.

Majority believe in June so why is juju not used in military force? But You know why because juju is useless when we talk about nuclear weapons and advanced weapons.

Well, this is not enough reason to doubt it. Not enough.

Like I said juju is trick and also classical chemistry like mixing of herbs and those sorts, chemistry has been mordernized into mordern medicine and medicine are considered natural even juju is natural just that they invoke Gods or spirits to it and people believed in it out of ignorance.

You are talking herbal medicine now, we are not talking about that. I mean what sort of medicine do they use life tortoise to do? What type of chemical reaction results in making quick sale? What sort of chemical help in cajoling people with just few words?

Now let's make mordern Science as example, a medical doctor gave you paracetamol to cure your body pains, he told you to invoke the Gods name gravitete, quantumama and galaxipi and the medicine works, won't you be praising the Gods and the power of the paracetamol?

You're still talking medicine, or do they use ori Olongbo to do medicine too? How about the skin of antelope? Even you see monkeys head in their shops. They have customers that buys these things often, do you think they buy it for fun? Or they buy it to make medicine? What type of medicine?

've made my research, challenged people but all are failure, there are many research about how useless juju, they are here on Nairaland.

You haven't done enough. Coming here to argue against it is not enough.
Re: Ruling On Trader Using Voodoo Soap Because Of Customer by tintingz(m): 7:02pm On Sep 01, 2018
Rilwayne001:

I'm not arguing about it rather I'm saying you shouldn't absolutely discard what you cannot substantiate.
When you experiments something and it is not what it's claim, it will be discarded, why do you think Scientists discarded juju? Because it's not different from every natural things, and not useful in the bigger picture.

Indeed it doesn't make it true, however we live in an environment these things are being experienced. That we haven't experienced it doesn't make it false. Once I asked a friend whether juju is truly real, they were actually talking about its efficacy, I then I just jokingly asked, the reply I got was that, "should we test it on you by beating you with it" I just like, oh no. Carry your wahala dey go.. Lol. I wish you were there just so they could test it on you hahaha.
Now this is where the problem is, your friends scared you with testing juju on you, did you bother telling them you will test yours by using cutlass or gun on thier head? This was exactly what my friends also said and I replied no problem, I will go sharpen my cutlass we will sign a consensual agreement then we do the testing, they disappointed me, they stepped back, one even said he can do it that I will die in my sleep, I told him go ahead but know that you will pay me 1 million if I didn't die, lol they all saw the confidence in me and they rejected the game, they even said maybe I have juju also. cheesy

Lol, the thing is fear, it controls the mind, next time reply what I said above and see thier response.

And besides why can't they test it on animals like goat or so, why must they test it on you, what if they actually use some venom? Must they touch you?

Experience can be misinterpreted, we can both see a white human figure in a forest, from your Superstitious ideology you will conclude it's a spirit but from by rational ideology, I can say this is strange and need to be verified and it can turn out to be a natural phenomena. So sometimes experience is misinterpreted, it's not a basis of evidence or truth.

Well, this is not enough reason to doubt it. Not enough.
Lol, it's very enough, if juju can't be useful in protecting our military men, then what purpose is it for?

You are talking herbal medicine now, we are not talking about that. I mean what sort of medicine do they use life tortoise to do? What type of chemical reaction results in making quick sale? What sort of chemical help in cajoling people with just few words?

You're still talking medicine, or do they use ori Olongbo to do medicine too? How about the skin of antelope? Even you see monkeys head in their shops. They have customers that buys these things often, do you think they buy it for fun? Or they buy it to make medicine? What type of medicine?
These are natural, physical materials and classical science, there's nothing special about it but the thing is they are not useful in the bigger picture, take a look at it, can all these be used to cure cancer, HIV or regenerate a limb? No?

Why do humans eat animals?

Most of these things don't work, they are just there to scam, control ignorant people.

I hear people saying Yahoo boys use juju to get their money, lol after using computer to scam people, even the whites will laugh at this nonsense, so much for our bad economy country.

It once believe when you eat tortoise or lion or so you will live long, abeg how? cheesy

You haven't done enough. Coming here to argue against it is not enough.
How enough do I need? Lol.

(1) (Reply)

Share Your Eid Pictures / How They Treat Madmen In Sudan / Hausa/fulani Ladies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.