Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,829 members, 7,810,185 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:47 PM

Fake Bbm App Circulating Is Crapware And Dangerous. Pls Dont Be Ignorant. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Fake Bbm App Circulating Is Crapware And Dangerous. Pls Dont Be Ignorant. (2105 Views)

Bbm App On Samsung Galaxy Note 8 / Tecno Partners With Blackberry To Preload BBM App On Upcoming Tecno Phones / Install The BBM App On Unsupported Android Devices (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fake Bbm App Circulating Is Crapware And Dangerous. Pls Dont Be Ignorant. by saintalone: 10:09pm On Sep 19, 2013
Didn't want to do this, but my conscience aches!

IGNOTANT ACT

The only way you can access a valid running BBM app for iOS and android is with a developer's account on either platform. (And they are 100% functional - unfortunately I can't post videos here).

If u install this crapWare (an android .apk file) making waves all around, you will be prompted to create a BB ID and password which is stored on the hacker's (the fake bbm app developer) database. In other words, he now knows ur username and password to blackberry world.

When the real app is released by blackberry, chances are that over 60percrnt of the ignorant ones installing this crapWare would use the same ID and password on the real BBM.

CONSEQUENCE
Your username and password exists somewhere due to ur ignorance.
By the time u start uploading your credit card details on blackberry world (either to purchase an app or subscribe for something or the other), that's when u will realize the malicious consequence of this ignorant act of installing a crapWare: Your credit card details would have been compromised and ur bank account easily hacked!

ACTION
1. Delete this fake BBM crapWare immediately.
2. Never use that username and password EVER AGAIN esp on e-commerce sites (where u have to make online purchases with your credit card.)
3. Unfortunately, u have given this crapWare owners permission to spam you all the days of your life...because you used your real email address to sign up for a crappy BBM. So be prepared to recieve all manner of spam mails on that email account.
4. Download apps like this only from the app store OR over a secure connection (https not http)!
5. Have u carefully look at the interface design and font type of this crapWare? Comic Sans font, alongside some very unprofessional graphical design and positioning. Pls try and Compare with the existing BBM on blackberries. Do u sincerely think blackberry would come out with such poor design for a very competitive market?

whew!
I hope someone understands this and don't start any form of unnecessary argument!

4 Likes

Re: Fake Bbm App Circulating Is Crapware And Dangerous. Pls Dont Be Ignorant. by damola311: 10:32pm On Sep 19, 2013
nice thread....
Re: Fake Bbm App Circulating Is Crapware And Dangerous. Pls Dont Be Ignorant. by olahero(m): 10:36pm On Sep 19, 2013
Mtchew your brain is different from mine, I am totally disagree with this your fAKe thread, you must be a BB user,

1 Like

Re: Fake Bbm App Circulating Is Crapware And Dangerous. Pls Dont Be Ignorant. by cjudy(m): 11:19pm On Sep 19, 2013
Na you mumu pass ooo. the circulating bbm is real OK. it was backed up from one of those guys who have d beta testing edition. stop deceiving yourself. maybe becos u no fit download am.
Re: Fake Bbm App Circulating Is Crapware And Dangerous. Pls Dont Be Ignorant. by Nobody: 11:21pm On Sep 19, 2013
Op, sorry to say this but you're very ignorant.
One of the most ignorant people I've seen in nairaland. Take off this misinformed thread.

1 Like

Re: Fake Bbm App Circulating Is Crapware And Dangerous. Pls Dont Be Ignorant. by Tuntheycr7: 12:07am On Sep 20, 2013
Na wetin anybdy lyk make e use im mouth talk. Wetin concern u sef na ur mb dem use dwnld?
#teamandroid
Re: Fake Bbm App Circulating Is Crapware And Dangerous. Pls Dont Be Ignorant. by toideve(m): 12:37am On Sep 20, 2013
I hope OP didn't have to sit and type that poo. I want to believe he lifted it from somewhere. i too know oshi
Re: Fake Bbm App Circulating Is Crapware And Dangerous. Pls Dont Be Ignorant. by Stunner1(f): 1:40am On Sep 20, 2013
k
Re: Fake Bbm App Circulating Is Crapware And Dangerous. Pls Dont Be Ignorant. by starlightRR(m): 4:02am On Sep 20, 2013
Funny op..... its BBM that's coming to Android and iOS, where da heck did you hear about blackberry app world?
Re: Fake Bbm App Circulating Is Crapware And Dangerous. Pls Dont Be Ignorant. by biomedixexcel(m): 4:08am On Sep 20, 2013
Yes it's true, I have been receiving spam messages in my inbox, thanks
Re: Fake Bbm App Circulating Is Crapware And Dangerous. Pls Dont Be Ignorant. by ajasa4link: 4:19am On Sep 20, 2013
Those who don't understand How hackers work will never understand the gravity of what the op is saying.... I just Hope u people will not come back here to tell us Sorry tales of How ur online accounts were compromised...@op nice thread u've got here

1 Like

Re: Fake Bbm App Circulating Is Crapware And Dangerous. Pls Dont Be Ignorant. by Nobody: 6:36am On Sep 20, 2013
Noted...
Re: Fake Bbm App Circulating Is Crapware And Dangerous. Pls Dont Be Ignorant. by cjudy(m): 6:40am On Sep 20, 2013
there is nothing true in op statement. that bbm is real. Na una phone we take download am? Wetin concern agboro with overload.
Re: Fake Bbm App Circulating Is Crapware And Dangerous. Pls Dont Be Ignorant. by Shittuakeem(m): 7:18am On Sep 20, 2013
Thanks, for the info.
Re: Fake Bbm App Circulating Is Crapware And Dangerous. Pls Dont Be Ignorant. by Nobody: 7:20am On Sep 20, 2013
jaysleem: Op, sorry to say this but you're very ignorant.
One of the most ignorant people I've seen in nairaland. Take off this misinformed thread.
he may be right on this.perhaps this thread may serve as a reference point latter,let us be wise
Re: Fake Bbm App Circulating Is Crapware And Dangerous. Pls Dont Be Ignorant. by Nobody: 7:33am On Sep 20, 2013
I want it state it clearly that nairaland shouldn't be an avenue for rumour peddling. If a story or theory isn't validated people shouldn't come here and post them in the name of claiming to be tech savvy. I have the so called crapware-bbm and I must authoritatively say that's it's real. I've even used it to change my blackberry id password. For one to do that RIM has to send you a link and you must answer your security question before the password change can be possible. Now my question is; Op how did the hackers who made this so called crapware know my password retrieval security question that's supposed to be known by blackBerry servers alone? Please people should stop peddling misinformed rumors.
Re: Fake Bbm App Circulating Is Crapware And Dangerous. Pls Dont Be Ignorant. by frgy1: 7:33am On Sep 20, 2013
saintalone: Didn't want to do this, but my conscience aches!

IGNOTANT ACT

The only way you can access a valid running BBM app for iOS and android is with a kkkkdeveloper's account on either platform. (And they are 100% functional - unfortunately I can't post videos here).

If u install this crapWare (an android .apk file) making waves all around, you will be prompted to create a BB ID and password which is stored on the hacker's (the fake bbm app developer) database. In other words, he now knows ur username and password to blackberry world.

When the real app is released by blackberry, chances are that over 60percrnt of the ignorant ones installing this crapWare would use the same ID and password on the real BBM.

CONSEQUENCE
Your username and password exists somewhere due to ur ignorance.
By the time u start uploading your credit card details on blackberry world (either to purchase an app or subscribe for something or the other), that's when u will realize the malicious consequence of this ignorant act of installing a crapWare: Your credit card details would have been compromised and ur bank account easily hacked!

ACTION
1. Delete this fake BBM crapWare immediately.
2. Never use that username and password EVER AGAIN esp on e-commerce sites (where u have to make online purchases with your credit card.)
3. Unfortunately, u have given this crapWare owners permission to spam you all the days of your life...because you used your real email address to sign up for a crappy BBM. So be prepared to recieve all manner of spam mails on that email account.
4. Download apps like this only from the app store OR over a secure connection (https not http)!
5. Have u carefully look at the interface design and font type of this crapWare? Comic Sans font, alongside some very unprofessional graphical design and positioning. Pls try and Compare with the existing BBM on blackberries. Do u sincerely think blackberry would come out with such poor design for a very competitive market?

whew!
I hope someone understands this and don't start any form of unnecessary argument!

So tell me OP, how was I able to reset my blackberry ID password with the "fake app"?
Although it didn't connect, but on using the forgot my password link , it asked me my password retrieval security question, then redirected me to the website when I supplied the answer.
So tell me, how did the app know the security question I used on my BlackBerry device 3 years ago?
And it ain't all those predefined questions like "what is your 1st car ".
I set the exact question myself , had even totally forgotten it.
Re: Fake Bbm App Circulating Is Crapware And Dangerous. Pls Dont Be Ignorant. by oseiwe(m): 8:20am On Sep 20, 2013
Pple keep saying dat dey don't lyk blackberry, but dere r falling over demselves for BBM, and tweakin their devices for BIS, very soon, u guy wld be clamouring for BB logo on your fones too.
Re: Fake Bbm App Circulating Is Crapware And Dangerous. Pls Dont Be Ignorant. by Justiyke4u: 8:57am On Sep 20, 2013
U guys shud stop attacking him but if u think he is wrong then dicredit him with some points pls and not abuses
Re: Fake Bbm App Circulating Is Crapware And Dangerous. Pls Dont Be Ignorant. by Nobody: 9:29am On Sep 20, 2013
THE O.P IS VERY RIGHT ....

I USE AN ANDROID.. BUT I DO KNOW D REAL BBM CANT FEATURE SUCH A BAD DISPLAY LIKE D SO CALLED APK I DOWNLOADED..
Re: Fake Bbm App Circulating Is Crapware And Dangerous. Pls Dont Be Ignorant. by Nobody: 9:51am On Sep 20, 2013
hehe very soon they would come bk running with teary eyes. Nigerians are always too blind to see the truth. This thread shall serve as a reference point in the near future

1 Like

Re: Fake Bbm App Circulating Is Crapware And Dangerous. Pls Dont Be Ignorant. by saintalone: 10:12am On Sep 20, 2013
I initially promised myself i wasnt going to exchange words with arrogant comment here (because i expected it...); I guess one cant really run away from destiny.

Now to clarify some things:

First of all, maybe there are more than one .apk version out there...because the functionality some of u claim to be able to perform isnt available on the one i laid my hands on....but haven said that, that doesnt still guarantee the authenticity of that crapWare.

Do you know that an apk file can be tweaked?
If i lay my hands on an authentic .apk app, i can edit it and insert some malicious codes for data sniffing or information theft. Go look for any mobile IDE eg. Eclipse. With them, you can debug .apk files, edit and re-compile it as if nothing was edited. This is the major reason why iOS dont experience virus issues or many other security related issues on android and blackberry! EVERY APP MUST BE DOWNLOADED FROM THE STORE.

The app store intelligence reads the digital signature on each and every app and verifies its authenticity & uploader, making sure it meets up with every requirement on data security, integrity and sharing. Some of these people are basically only after your data (maybe just your email address)...but do you know it is illegal for anyone to advertise a product to your email without your permission? That permission you have unknowingly granted by installing a crapWare!
Would you sincerely download and install a .apk file of Quickteller or GTMobileMoney or any other e-commerce app? Try it, then share your experience!
I am not discrediting all .apk files though! because AppStores truly limits developers (lots of policies, QoS and conditions are required to be passed before they can even publish the most simple software)...including the cost of becoming a registered developer on a platform. But all im saying is: BEWARE OF CRAPWARE THAT COULD STEAL VITAL INFO FROM YOU... and this circulating BBM is CERTAINLY one of such!

For crying out loud, the BBM app is going to be free, why not download a trusted and permitted one direct from the app store rather than sit out here and argue bullshit!

By the way, take a look at the original BBM running on an android HTC - September 3rd
compare it with what you have got now...

http://mobilesyrup.com/2013/09/03/bbm-for-android-shown-off-on-video/
Re: Fake Bbm App Circulating Is Crapware And Dangerous. Pls Dont Be Ignorant. by Nobody: 11:34am On Sep 20, 2013
Pls take it easy with the OP. He was only being careful grin
Re: Fake Bbm App Circulating Is Crapware And Dangerous. Pls Dont Be Ignorant. by erniok(m): 12:05pm On Sep 20, 2013
Saint, u get time.some people say they wan die and you are doing everything possible to keep them alive.I hope no one comes crying of either fund or identity theft.

1 Like

Re: Fake Bbm App Circulating Is Crapware And Dangerous. Pls Dont Be Ignorant. by saintalone: 12:18pm On Sep 20, 2013
lol...by the way, just got an info that BBM will be published in the google store at exactly 1pm GMT+1 (Nigerian Time)
...Just a couple of minutes to go... I hope all the anticipation building is worth it!
Re: Fake Bbm App Circulating Is Crapware And Dangerous. Pls Dont Be Ignorant. by chuchwhite: 1:12pm On Sep 20, 2013
saintalone: lol...by the way, just got an info that BBM will be published in the google store at exactly 1pm GMT+1 (Nigerian Time)
...Just a couple of minutes to go... I hope all the anticipation building is worth it!

It's past 1pm GMT+1 .... Still no BBM.....
Re: Fake Bbm App Circulating Is Crapware And Dangerous. Pls Dont Be Ignorant. by Youngpo413: 1:40pm On Sep 20, 2013
BBM my foot
Re: Fake Bbm App Circulating Is Crapware And Dangerous. Pls Dont Be Ignorant. by saintalone: 1:01am On Sep 24, 2013
I hope u all now enjoy what your ignorance has caused! Smh!
The truth is that people will still download and install crapwares no matter how much u try to warn them esp most of the stup1d d0gs that said thrash on this thread.
Re: Fake Bbm App Circulating Is Crapware And Dangerous. Pls Dont Be Ignorant. by saintalone: 1:02am On Sep 24, 2013
BBM for Android and iPhone Update – Note from the head of BBM
Posted by Andrew Bocking
Hi Android and iPhone users,

This is Andrew Bocking, head of BBM at BlackBerry. As a follow up to our first blog post on Saturday, I want to take a moment to provide you with an update on the rollout of BBM on Android and iPhone.

Last week, an unreleased, older version of the BBM for Android app was posted on numerous file sharing sites. We were aware of an issue with this unreleased version of the BBM for Android app. This older version resulted in volumes of data traffic orders of magnitude higher than normal for each active user and impacted the system in abnormal ways. The version we were planning to release on Saturday addressed these issues, however we could not block users of the unreleased version if we went ahead with the launch.

We attempted to address the problems caused by the unreleased version throughout the day on Saturday, but as active users of the unreleased app neared a million – and accelerated – it became clear that the only way to address the issue was to pause the rollout for both Android and iPhone.

The team is now focused on adjusting the system to completely block this unreleased version of the Android app when we go live with the official BBM for Android app. We are also making sure that the system is reinforced to handle this kind of scenario in the future. While this may sound like a simple task – it’s not. This will take some time and I do not anticipate launching this week.

Thank you for your patience while we take the time needed to deliver the experience you expect from BBM. We will continue to provide you with updates here on InsideBlackBerry.com and through @BBM on Twitter. We will notify everyone who has pre-registered on BBM.com when BBM is available on Android and iPhone.

Andrew Bocking
EVP, BBM
Re: Fake Bbm App Circulating Is Crapware And Dangerous. Pls Dont Be Ignorant. by fiscalcliff: 7:54am On Sep 24, 2013
@ saintalone, you get time sha
Why not let stewpid people roast in their bile? angry angry angry
In this age of viruses,malware and ransomware why would someone go installing an app from unauthorized shadowy websites when the app will still be released through secure channels officially and for FREE?
Especially apk files on Andriod's which are notoriously less secure than iOS?
Why not wait for Blackberry's developers to tweak and remove all bugs seeing the official rollout has ceased?
Or is there a price to be claimed for been the first to install BBM on non BB phones?
Re: Fake Bbm App Circulating Is Crapware And Dangerous. Pls Dont Be Ignorant. by Nobody: 8:57am On Sep 24, 2013
they will never understand d risk. they download d crapware everyday on d playstore. so to them, its like,what the heck?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gionee Is The Latest Company To Make Fun Of The Samsung Galaxy S5 / Japan Has Finally Come Out With The Most Slimmest Windows 10 Mobile Smartphone / Mtn Android Simple Server Brouhaha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.