Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,300 members, 7,836,311 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:24 AM

Ben Bruce - Spending $8bn On Fuel Importation Is Crazy - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ben Bruce - Spending $8bn On Fuel Importation Is Crazy (6510 Views)

Fuel Crisis: 5 Reasons Why Buhari Cannot Stop Fuel Importation / Dangote To Site $8bn Refinery In Olokola FTZ / Dangote To Open $8bn Oil Refinery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ben Bruce - Spending $8bn On Fuel Importation Is Crazy by chessguru1(m): 11:12am On Sep 20, 2013
emmddy: If Ben Bruce or Ben ibu, I don't what he call himself think fuel subsidy is the problem that warranty FG not to resolve ASUU strike, he must seriously sleeping on top of okada

His main point was the double standard of ASUU who rejected fuel subsidy only now to cry' that FG is wasting money importing fuel when their needs are not being met.
As far as sleeping on okada, I really having nothing to say, except that that man has empowered more youths and talents than your governors have done since the initiation of democracy

1 Like

Re: Ben Bruce - Spending $8bn On Fuel Importation Is Crazy by yinchar(m): 11:16am On Sep 20, 2013
All nah wash....What Ben Bruce was saying is a well planned goof by the PDP administration, ROBBING PAUL TO PAY PETER,...if the subsidy was removed just like he suggested virtually the price of everything will increase, and the student he's now advocating for will be buying things at exorbitant rate....Last time I checked Ben Bruce is a PDP member, instead of him to advice his party members to stop milking this country dry he's saying something else....what about other countries like Venezuela and thr middle east, that a less for a litre of petrol and still have a sound education sector....SHAME ON HIM AN THE PDP.
Re: Ben Bruce - Spending $8bn On Fuel Importation Is Crazy by sanandreas(m): 11:17am On Sep 20, 2013
what kind of leaders do we have? God next time when i am coming to this world, blacklist Nigeria for me. Shortlist germany ,america for me. Biko.
Re: Ben Bruce - Spending $8bn On Fuel Importation Is Crazy by Oildichotomy(m): 11:25am On Sep 20, 2013
Simple Answer to Nigeria's problem.
REDUCE CORRUPTION
All these $8bn quoted.. We all know about 50% of it goes to personal aggrandized pockets.
So cut the crap and let the government face the corrupt system squarely with bloody penalty. I bet you - all these overblown figures will vanish in a flash.
Re: Ben Bruce - Spending $8bn On Fuel Importation Is Crazy by tolurainbow(m): 11:48am On Sep 20, 2013
undecided undecided
#1-stunner:
all of dem r thieves
wot is dis one talkin....truth is hard 2 hear..I wonder hw sum set of nigerians use 2 thinking... undecided
#1-stunner:
all of dem r thieves
wot is dis one talkin....truth is hard 2 hear..I wonder hw sum set of nigerians use 2 thinking...
Re: Ben Bruce - Spending $8bn On Fuel Importation Is Crazy by wola44: 12:06pm On Sep 20, 2013
This money can build refinery o. Why are we going backward.
Re: Ben Bruce - Spending $8bn On Fuel Importation Is Crazy by anataala: 12:11pm On Sep 20, 2013
Mr Bruce keep ur mouth shut, b4 the PDP and so called Niger Delta militants and bad people black mail you, the hand written is in the wall, that u can not speak against GEJ unless those useless assistants will hammer, u, is well said
Re: Ben Bruce - Spending $8bn On Fuel Importation Is Crazy by asadokie: 1:06pm On Sep 20, 2013
Oildichotomy^:
Simple Answer to Nigeria's problem.
REDUCE CORRUPTION
All these $8bn quoted.. We all know about 50% of it goes to personal aggrandized pockets.
So cut the crap and let the government face the corrupt system squarely with bloody penalty. I bet you - all these overblown figures will vanish in a flash.

it appears we think fighting corruption is an easy task. in a country where almost everybody is corrupt. the easiest way to fight corruption in nigeria is to introduce policies that would make corruption in key areas of our national life unattractive. and i think that is what the president is trying to do. but the average nigerian would sit down and start saying that corruption should be eradicated. now before u can even be president of nigeria, u must dance to the tune of corrupt men else no show. now when u get in there, u suppise u can just throw all of them into prison? things dont work like that. as respected as fashola is, he is still dancing to the tune of one of the most corrupt individuals that has come out of nigeria, and fash cant say a thing abt it. so lets forget this whole matter of eradicating corruption. behold it has not been eradicated in any part of the world, it can only be reduced as u said but its a gradual process and government policies will play a major role. i am not saying fg should remove subsidies, but we must consider objectively the fgs position on this issue.

1 Like

Re: Ben Bruce - Spending $8bn On Fuel Importation Is Crazy by Nobody: 1:34pm On Sep 20, 2013
This dirty skinned mullatto don dey seek political ambition abi? Mtscheww
Re: Ben Bruce - Spending $8bn On Fuel Importation Is Crazy by Solarpower(m): 1:44pm On Sep 20, 2013
Luk at his mouth. Dint he also suck nigeria dry thru NTA? As a billionaire,hw many pple has he employed to work like Dangote,Adenuga,Otedola,Jim Ovia etc,that have all changd lives thru massive employmnt. Nutng has been dne in his hme state of bayelsa. Thief!
Re: Ben Bruce - Spending $8bn On Fuel Importation Is Crazy by talktimi(m): 2:01pm On Sep 20, 2013
Femmyfamous4u: shocked cry cry I weep for my country Nigeria for such profligacy of the highest order $8bn?? When Dangote is to build the largest refinery in africa and biggest fertiliser plant with $9bn. When will GEJ stop the milking of Nigeria's economy. This is way way too wasteful. Believe me, all this is for his personal gains . We have Four refineries in the country and they cannot all be repaired to full capacity? Or build another even if he has to borrow? He keeps borrowing with nothing to show for it. This is so heart-wrenching. GEJ has really brought badluck to Nigeria.
pls keep quiet because its obvious you dont understand what Ben Bruce is talking about same as you have no idea about the subsidy regime in this country .
Re: Ben Bruce - Spending $8bn On Fuel Importation Is Crazy by talktimi(m): 2:02pm On Sep 20, 2013
Femmyfamous4u: shocked cry cry I weep for my country Nigeria for such profligacy of the highest order $8bn?? When Dangote is to build the largest refinery in africa and biggest fertiliser plant with $9bn. When will GEJ stop the milking of Nigeria's economy. This is way way too wasteful. Believe me, all this is for his personal gains . We have Four refineries in the country and they cannot all be repaired to full capacity? Or build another even if he has to borrow? He keeps borrowing with nothing to show for it. This is so heart-wrenching. GEJ has really brought badluck to Nigeria.
its obvious you dont understand what Ben Bruce is talking about same as you have no idea about the subsidy regime in this country .
Re: Ben Bruce - Spending $8bn On Fuel Importation Is Crazy by clemmonce(m): 3:30pm On Sep 20, 2013
scribble: this guy that connived with Akpabio to milk the AKS treasury dry. he should please shut up.

he is also a thief. did he not steal from NTA?

after stealing money to form Silverbird now he is forming anti-corruption crusader, please shift.

bruce forming FIRST TO COMMENT on such an old topic like subsidy fraud
no matter how hard u try your foolishness wil show. instead of u to look at what he said critical and bring out the positives frm it u are here sayin rubbish.@topic. true talk
Re: Ben Bruce - Spending $8bn On Fuel Importation Is Crazy by skype1986: 4:25pm On Sep 20, 2013
fr3do: If the subsidy on petrol was totally removed,the extra funds would have still ended up in the hands of corrupt politicians and marketers.
au do u knw it will land into d pocket f politicians.dont say wat u dnt knw.
Re: Ben Bruce - Spending $8bn On Fuel Importation Is Crazy by oiseworld: 4:37pm On Sep 20, 2013
the silverbird boss has spoken the truth. we cant blame him, you know every Nigerian is a th..... cool
Re: Ben Bruce - Spending $8bn On Fuel Importation Is Crazy by emmddy: 6:16pm On Sep 20, 2013
chess guru:

His main point was the double standard of ASUU who rejected fuel subsidy only now to cry' that FG is wasting money importing fuel when their needs are not being met.
As far as sleeping on okada, I really having nothing to say, except that that man has empowered more youths and talents than your governors have done since the initiation of democracy

it seem you are sleeping on top of bicycle
Re: Ben Bruce - Spending $8bn On Fuel Importation Is Crazy by talktimi(m): 7:26pm On Sep 20, 2013
I have always advocated a total lifting of subsidy on petroleum product and a 70% reduction in the financial emoluments of all political office holders. Subsidy is a fraud but when you talk, the thieves benefiting from it will hire musicians and comedians to entertain you guys while teaching you that you have to revolt for them to remain billionaires.
Re: Ben Bruce - Spending $8bn On Fuel Importation Is Crazy by Pattey(m): 8:13pm On Sep 20, 2013
I thought this man (Ben Bruce) was appointed a Special Adviser to Bayelsa State Gov after he lost the election?

Where could all this 'pro-people' talk be coming from? Uuuhhmmm . . . I hope someone isn't planning to join 'New FidiFi ' grin
Re: Ben Bruce - Spending $8bn On Fuel Importation Is Crazy by Pattey(m): 8:16pm On Sep 20, 2013
I thought this man (Ben Bruce) was appointed as a Special Adviser to the Bayelsa State Gov after he lost the election?

Where could all this 'pro people' (tactic FG jabbing) talk be coming from? Uuuhhhhmm, I hope someone isn't planning to join 'New FiDiFi' grin
Re: Ben Bruce - Spending $8bn On Fuel Importation Is Crazy by DonPafegs(m): 8:34pm On Sep 20, 2013
What about "NEC Approves N15bn For Anti-oil Theft Equipment?"
Re: Ben Bruce - Spending $8bn On Fuel Importation Is Crazy by DaLover(m): 9:34pm On Sep 20, 2013
GodhelpNaija: I still doubt if the present government is sincere, GEJ promised 4 refineries during campaign,all we are seen is a step from private individual which will still boil down to exploiting masses,My opinion on fuel subsidies is FG should build refineries, this will not only remove subsidies, it will end future scarcity and give millions on Nigeria youth employment, unlike all these SURE-P,OYES and other names they called it. As if they can employ there own children under these yeye program.

Do you know what subsidy means at all?
When the price is controlled by govt, such that it is less than that driven by market forces, then that is subsidy.

Weather the govt pays cash to subsidize fuel, or govt losses money by not selling certain amt of crude oil at market price but self refining it and selling it at a lower price.
Re: Ben Bruce - Spending $8bn On Fuel Importation Is Crazy by ifebosco: 9:47pm On Sep 20, 2013
Symphony007: The Niger delta sent the wrong man to aso rock....Ben bruce for president!!!!!!!
true talk
Re: Ben Bruce - Spending $8bn On Fuel Importation Is Crazy by Dpeacemaker101: 9:51pm On Sep 20, 2013
His group should build refineries,so that we can stop the importation of fuel, not jus to sit somewhere and make a whole lot of noise. He is benefitting from the economy,so he should also help the economy like others.
Re: Ben Bruce - Spending $8bn On Fuel Importation Is Crazy by ogbronx(m): 12:30am On Sep 21, 2013
nwekesimon68: Thunder firre u there. Is this not wat gej is doing to stop? Is it why he wanted to remove subsidy? Is it nt why he encourages our bank to help complete dangote 9b dollars he wanted to use 4 his refinary? Think b4 u talk ok. Importing fuel to naija by our leaders started during the military regime idiott
the school wey u go na waste walahi. It seems the only tv channel in your area is NTA.
Re: Ben Bruce - Spending $8bn On Fuel Importation Is Crazy by fr3do(m): 7:54am On Sep 26, 2013
skype1986: au do u knw it will land into d pocket f politicians.dont say wat u dnt knw.

if one isnt faithful with little things
do you expect him to be faithful with bigger things?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Current Result Of 2015 Presidential E-poll By Sahara Reporter (PHOTO) / Naeto C's Father-in-law Battles Step-son, Dilly Over Business Deals / BIAFRA: Watch Nnamdi Kanu Bully Nigerian Police In Court Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.