Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,387 members, 7,853,729 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 10:41 PM

Tecno P5 Discussion Thread - Phones (51) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno P5 Discussion Thread (439446 Views)

Tecno P5+ Discussion / Infinix zero discussion thread! / Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (186) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Misterlecturer: 7:05pm On Oct 16, 2013
Please anyone that has rooted his/ her P5 should try & update me on how to go abt it without PC. Thanks in advance.
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by wisdomray: 7:21pm On Oct 16, 2013
am very sorry for so many people here, can't you reply without insulting the person you are replying, it doesn't make sense, let's learn to be respectful. I don't know you and you don't know but I believe if we are respectful to each other we will know ourselves better and nairaland will be a better place to meet people. One Love

1 Like

Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by wisdomray: 7:44pm On Oct 16, 2013
flexing HD games on my p5
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by AMINDA: 7:56pm On Oct 16, 2013
ebuka144: gυуѕlℓυк нєʀє ɗ ċαмєʀα is gυɗ ʝυѕт ɗαт ιтѕ ιѕ αℓωαуѕ ɗιм ιη ċσℓσυʀ η тσσ ɗαʀкċвυт αѕιɗє ɗαт ιтѕ ċυℓ ι ʀєѕт ɗ ċαѕє ηω ησ мσʀє αʀgυмєηт
Okay the camera is ALWAYS dim in color & TOO dark, but yet we want to kill the guy that said camera is poor.The phone may be cool but fact is fact! No point diickriding TECNO,it's pathetic!
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Maximus884(m): 8:04pm On Oct 16, 2013
GRIMM JOE: sowi abot. Dat brow it really has been long
wat happened 2 u dat u dnt be around?...jst wana tell u say i don hustle 15k nd still going jst 4 p5
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by theanonymous: 8:30pm On Oct 16, 2013
Ladies and Gentlemen, I've
got a/an splendid, awesome, incredible, mouthwatering, and confirmed gist (maybe..rumor but whichever one, who cares). So lemme break to the chase, nah..Lemme mess with y'all for a while (Lol..I call it the swagg of
knowledge grin ). Enough!! Ok, from a relieable source,
itz confirmed that andriod
4.4 is about to be launched.
However, the rumored date
is Oct. 31st 2013. Despite,
the stagnant theme for andriod 4.1, 4.2, 4.3 being
Jelly agonyi beans grin ,the andriod 4.4 got the theme
name 'kitkat' (itz a
chocolate brand owned by
Nestlè..btw, the chocolate
sweet die ). Anyways, the
andriod OS has lotz of new features; you can create more than 16folders, you can create more than 5 homescreen, google wallet
enabled, you can choose
your default messaging(if na whatsapp or wechat, u
can use that), more apps,
new app files (former
is .com.andriod.Appname.
Now, itz .com.google.andriod.Appn itz more faster and blah blah blah..find the more details urself. My hand don dey pain me.

Abeg, Check the GP2 thread
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by blackiridis(m): 9:13pm On Oct 16, 2013
solomon_brown64:

yup....d phone is good
d camera is impressive
d performance is quite OK
d body is sleek and beautiful
network connectivity is average
d display is extraordinary clear.....although it fades out wen looking at it from a vantage point of view
its a NYC phone...if u r a gamer
quite good for its price

P5's flash and dat of L3's which is more sharp
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by wizzyblast(m): 9:59pm On Oct 16, 2013
theanonymous: Ladies and Gentlemen, I've
got a/an splendid, awesome, incredible, mouthwatering, and confirmed gist (maybe..rumor but whichever one, who cares). So lemme break to the chase, nah..Lemme mess with y'all for a while (Lol..I call it the swagg of
knowledge grin ). Enough!! Ok, from a relieable source,
itz confirmed that andriod
4.4 is about to be launched.
However, the rumored date
is Oct. 31st 2013. Despite,
the stagnant theme for andriod 4.1, 4.2, 4.3 being
Jelly agonyi beans grin ,the andriod 4.4 got the theme
name 'kitkat' (itz a
chocolate brand owned by
Nestlè..btw, the chocolate
sweet die ). Anyways, the
andriod OS has lotz of new features; you can create more than 16folders, you can create more than 5 homescreen, google wallet
enabled, you can choose
your default messaging(if na whatsapp or wechat, u
can use that), more apps,
new app files (former
is .com.andriod.Appname.
Now, itz .com.google.andriod.Appn itz more faster and blah blah blah..find the more details urself. My hand don dey pain me.

Abeg, Check the GP2 thread

Instead of telling us to google it out you're telling us to check p2 Thread.. For wetin na?
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Osyxcel(m): 10:43pm On Oct 16, 2013
blackweaver:

ahn ahn bros take am easy now, 2mp ke? Agreed the camera is an embarrassment, i should know, i've taken less than 10 pics on my p5; when i got my galaxy y pro (3.2mp) i was taking pictures like crazy. Maybe i'm too busy sha, i'll try t find an optimal way of taking pictures when i can make out time to but it's truly nothing to write home about (for a 5mp camera).

Truly, the 5mp might not be as it should be, compared to the 5mp of other phones, but I've discovered that it's not that bad. It's just that it looks dull on the phone, but transfer it to another phone or to a PC, and you'll notice it's not all that bad.

#This is what I noticed using M3's camera.
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by prinzfunchi(m): 10:44pm On Oct 16, 2013
solomon_brown64:

yup....d phone is good
d camera is impressive
d performance is quite OK
d body is sleek and beautiful
network connectivity is average
d display is extraordinary clear.....although it fades out wen looking at it from a vantage point of view
its a NYC phone...if u r a gamer
quite good for its price

pls bro, how much did u buy urz? Anyone dat has bought can also repLy pLsssssssss. . .
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Talk2nanro(m): 10:44pm On Oct 16, 2013
Misterlecturer: Please anyone that has rooted his/ her P5 should try & update me on how to go abt it without PC. Thanks in advance.
Simplest method 2 root tecno p5

1. Download "Framaroot 1.6.apk"
2. Install app
3. Tick USB Debugging under developer options
4. Open Framaroot
5. Select "install SuperSu" from
dropdown option
6. Hit Boromir
*Once u see superuser and SUbinary successfully installed.
*Reboot ur device

FRAMAROOT V1.6.0

1 Like

Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Carson110(m): 11:00pm On Oct 16, 2013
tecno camera,a case study
3mp= bb 2mp
5mp= struggle to b like samsung galaxy 3mp n bb 3.5mp
8mp=is only up to bb 5mp when u use apps like camera 360 and co... take it or leave it...tested and comfirm so dnt expect d best. to whom less is given less is expected

2 Likes

Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Talk2nanro(m): 11:06pm On Oct 16, 2013
Carson110: tecno camera,a case study
3mp= bb 2mp
8mp=is only up to bb 5mp when u use apps like camera 360 and co... take it or leave it...tested and comfirm so dnt expect d best. to whom less is given less is expected
AS FOR ME I HAVE TO SAY THAT TECNOS 8MP IS NOT AS GOOD AS NOKIA ASHA 2MP
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by dazekid(m): 11:26pm On Oct 16, 2013
Ok I can see that a lot of people have been complaining about the camera on the tecno p5(frankly it is not up to par with the 5.0 of most blackberry's...but it is ideal)..I noticed that with the default camera app on the phone,pictures taken are pretty close to horrible but with other camera apps,the pictures are pretty decent.I have tried other camera apps such as fx camera zoom,camera 2,cymera(just a bit) and camera 360 as well as the default camera app and I can say that the pictures are way better with third party apps...I think camera360 is the best though...

Now to make your camera better install camera 360,launch the app,go to settings,set contrast to 1,set exposure to 4 and set white balance to cloudy(or as preferred)...then touch the icon that looks like a wand with a star on it(I think its a wand though)then choose enhance..do not select scenes as it force closes the app(may not for you though..with this I guess your camera should be good enough to take your preferred pictures..
P.s:you have to take pictures using the camera360 app.
Pp.s.this are my preferred settings you can set the app to your preference..
Ppp.s.the front camera also produces good enough pictures after this settings have been done.
DAZE

1 Like

Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by mariomakez(m): 11:45pm On Oct 16, 2013
Am feeling u guys. I love dis thread
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by purplesky: 11:53pm On Oct 16, 2013
Pls am new here,I want to buy techno p5,but dnt knw the current price@pls can someone tell me- also I recide @ badagry dnt knw hw to get it over here

1 Like

Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by wisdomray: 12:00am On Oct 17, 2013
dazekid: Ok I can see that a lot of people have been complaining about the camera on the tecno p5(frankly it is not up to par with the 5.0 of most blackberry's...but it is ideal)..I noticed that with the default camera app on the phone,pictures taken are pretty close to horrible but with other camera apps,the pictures are pretty decent.I have tried other camera apps such as fx camera zoom,camera 2,cymera(just a bit) and camera 360 as well as the default camera app and I can say that the pictures are way better with third party apps...I think camera360 is the best though...

Now to make your camera better install camera 360,launch the app,go to settings,set contrast to 1,set exposure to 4 and set white balance to cloudy(or as preferred)...then touch the icon that looks like a wand with a star on it(I think its a wand though)then choose enhance..do not select scenes as it force closes the app(may not for you though..with this I guess your camera should be good enough to take your preferred pictures..
Ppp.s.the front camera also produces good enough pictures after this settings have been done.
DAZE
well done bro, you know the truth. I will like to know you better
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Osyxcel(m): 12:11am On Oct 17, 2013
Carson110: tecno camera,a case study
3mp= bb 2mp

This is more like it
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Osyxcel(m): 12:12am On Oct 17, 2013
Talk2nanro: AS FOR ME I HAVE TO SAY THAT TECNOS 8MP IS NOT AS GOOD AS NOKIA ASHA 2MP

Not True! But Hey, it's your opinion.
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Atyem(m): 6:41am On Oct 17, 2013
is this a peculiar case? anytime I switched my data connection to sim2, my p5 gets a bit hot
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Kamaye(m): 7:05am On Oct 17, 2013
dazekid: Ok I can see that a lot of people have been complaining about the camera on the tecno p5(frankly it is not up to par with the 5.0 of most blackberry's...but it is ideal)..I noticed that with the default camera app on the phone,pictures taken are pretty close to horrible but with other camera apps,the pictures are pretty decent.I have tried other camera apps such as fx camera zoom,camera 2,cymera(just a bit) and camera 360 as well as the default camera app and I can say that the pictures are way better with third party apps...I think camera360 is the best though...

DAZE
not just P5, almost all tecno phones are guilty of poor camera. When tecno says it's 5mp, expect a 2mp performance.
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by joshdroid: 7:29am On Oct 17, 2013
Kamaye: not just P5, almost all tecno phones are guilty of poor camera. When tecno says it's 5mp, expect a 2mp performance.
why Tecno cm dey do like DAT naa because dem dey sell cheap phones?
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by ninochukwubrown(m): 8:23am On Oct 17, 2013
Kamaye: not just P5, almost all tecno phones are guilty of poor camera. When tecno says it's 5mp, expect a 2mp performance.
i rili doubt t guy..m3 camera z prity da bst 4 mua esp d frnt camera..m3 camera beats dz p5 hands dwn..2 enjoy mor f your camera,dwn a camera app..dts ol 4 nw
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by purplesky: 8:58am On Oct 17, 2013
Pls am new here,I want to buy techno p5,but dnt knw the current price in lagos or badagry pls can someone tell me- also I recide @ badagry dnt knw hw to get it over here
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Misterlecturer: 9:00am On Oct 17, 2013
Talk2nanro: Simplest method 2 root tecno p5

1. Download "Framaroot 1.6.apk"
2. Install app
3. Tick USB Debugging under developer options
4. Open Framaroot
5. Select "install SuperSu" from
dropdown option
6. Hit Boromir
*Once u see superuser and SUbinary successfully installed.
*Reboot ur device

FRAMAROOT V1.6.0
Done bro. Thanks. By d way, does ur P5 sometimes take more than 1 touch b4 responding? Pls what do I do?
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Talk2nanro(m): 9:48am On Oct 17, 2013
Misterlecturer: Done bro. Thanks. By d way, does ur P5 sometimes take more than 1 touch b4 responding? Pls what do I do?
FOR SURE IT TAKES MORE THAN A TOUCH.U DONT DO NOTHING BRO,PERHAPS THE SNAG LIES WITH THE ROM.
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Talk2nanro(m): 9:58am On Oct 17, 2013
Atyem: is this a peculiar case? anytime I switched my data connection to sim2, my p5 gets a bit hot
NO ITS NOT
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Misterlecturer: 10:23am On Oct 17, 2013
Talk2nanro: FOR SURE IT TAKES MORE THAN A TOUCH.U DONT DO NOTHING BRO,PERHAPS THE SNAG LIES WITH THE ROM.
Thanks 4 d replies bro. I appreciate 'em. Okay do U knw any bb mtn package I can enjoy cos airtel is shit in my area?
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Nobody: 11:08am On Oct 17, 2013
Talk2nanro: AS FOR ME I HAVE TO SAY THAT TECNOS 8MP IS NOT AS GOOD AS NOKIA ASHA 2MP

Tecno fones camera are poor, but your statement is rather too far-fetched... 8.0mp is more like a 6.0... L3 3.0mp beats Nokia E63 3.0... maybe cause of it's screensize.. All the same, Tecno camera's poor..
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by wizzyblast(m): 11:12am On Oct 17, 2013

How many tecno phones have you used? have you used the phantoms? I don't know what you're saying o... my camera's really good...
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Nobody: 12:04pm On Oct 17, 2013
Heading to computer village soon...Abeg my soon to be Fellow Tecnocrats,How much is p5 selling for now at Computer village?

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (186) (Reply)

2go (system Version) Download / Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] / How To Write Colored Text On Facebook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.