Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,488 members, 7,812,519 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:37 PM

Babalawo: New Indigenous Android Game - Gaming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Babalawo: New Indigenous Android Game (18363 Views)

A Nairalander Finally Develop His First Android Game (screenshots) / Best Android Game To Play Right Now Top 5 Hd by chester / Nigeria's First 3 Dimension Mobile Game 'babalawo First Chronicle' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Babalawo: New Indigenous Android Game by CyberG: 2:50am On Nov 11, 2013
I haven't downloaded the game but I am very curious to try it out! Will there be a release for the iPhone or is it only on Android? I recently had to switch to my iPhone because of work (development) and I don't have time to go and pick up my Android just for this game. Will there be anything for the iPhone?
Re: Babalawo: New Indigenous Android Game by Xorcyst(m): 5:13am On Nov 11, 2013
CyberG: I haven't downloaded the game but I am very curious to try it out! Will there be a release for the iPhone or is it only on Android? I recently had to switch to my iPhone because of work (development) and I don't have time to go and pick up my Android just for this game. Will there be anything for the iPhone?

Hello CyberG
We intend to make subsequent games available on iOS , HTML5. and the more recent BB OS' . However the Apple store is not exactly as developer friendly as andeoid but yes we will deploy newer games there too
Thank you for feed back
PS: I got notification of some emails here but honestly dont know how to check them. Pls DM me on Twitter or email parkbenchconsulting@gmail.com with issues
I will reply
Thank you
@Xorcyst
Partner
Abokishop Network
Re: Babalawo: New Indigenous Android Game by Xorcyst(m): 5:16am On Nov 11, 2013
Dannylux: Not compatible with my device cry
Hi Dannylux do you use an android? If the MTN app challenge link gives you that message then please go to your google playstore and search Babalawo adventures
That instance will be compatible with your phone. Thanks for the feedback; please confirm if this resolves the issue
Thank you
Re: Babalawo: New Indigenous Android Game by Xorcyst(m): 5:22am On Nov 11, 2013
tunshe: Not compatible with my note3 cry
Please attempt download from playstore
Re: Babalawo: New Indigenous Android Game by Xorcyst(m): 5:25am On Nov 11, 2013
pharmow: Nice one @Xorcyst.

Just a constructive criticism though, I think there should be control menu where the functions of each of the weapons are explained. The choice of weapons should also be increased. Lastly, It would be nice for the character to get chance of increasing its health level in the game.

All in all is a cool game.......keep it up wink

Thank you Pharmow
When the game is loading there is an illustrated explanation but I agree it is a little difficult at first
We dropped Babalawo in a mighty hurry but will make necessary improvements in the future. Notice no coins and power up? This prototype was to see the reaction
Rest assured we will tripple our efforts
Re: Babalawo: New Indigenous Android Game by Xorcyst(m): 5:28am On Nov 11, 2013
scribble: Was about to download when I saw it wanted access to my phone logs, identity, network and other private data.

Is this a spyware?
Hi
Your concern is understood but almost every downloaded app requests some kind of permissions. I can assure you 100% as long as download from the link I provided and/or playstore; there is no spyware
Thank you
Re: Babalawo: New Indigenous Android Game by Xorcyst(m): 5:29am On Nov 11, 2013
mightyleks: I try to download the game but when I search babalawo on playstore it just Force closes my playstore and any other application that is opened on my phone

Hello mightyleks
Please what device do you use? Maybe I can help with suggestions
Re: Babalawo: New Indigenous Android Game by Xorcyst(m): 5:33am On Nov 11, 2013
girlsupersonic: Hello @op ill like to know how to develop apps
Hello girlsupersonic

Truth is, we are constantly learning to make newer and better apps. I try to learn from tutorials and encourage my partner to do the same but still on still we drop tutorials on game development on our facebook page : Search for the babalawo page on facebook
I have also provided an email for direct correspondences
(parkbenchconsulting@gmail.com)
Cheers
Re: Babalawo: New Indigenous Android Game by Xorcyst(m): 5:35am On Nov 11, 2013
Uyi Iredia: A journey of a thousand miles starts woth a forst step. Small beginning must not be despised and lead tp great enterprises. Kudos to the app developers and hope better version and games come up. Peace out smiley
Thank you bro
Bless
Re: Babalawo: New Indigenous Android Game by Xorcyst(m): 5:38am On Nov 11, 2013
freshblazine: lol, iwo iwo iwo, wat a funny game....but why is the babalawo shooting gun instead of using jazz
Hello
Valid question
If you look at d Babalawo wen he isnt shooting, you notice it is a horn n then turns to a local pistol like d one Fadeyi uses
We jus fooled around with various ideas n settled on this
Re: Babalawo: New Indigenous Android Game by Xorcyst(m): 5:41am On Nov 11, 2013
texazzpete: 1. Controls for movement are way too small. It should have been easier and better to just map the controls to either side of the screen.
2. You've made the design decision to center the character on the screen, but that's an issue as you spawn enemies directly above the character. As a result, it's often inevitable that you'll take damage.

3. no hit detection on the 'fire' you send to enemies

4. 'Ose, Adupe' gets too repetitive.

5. Some Crazy screen jitter when the mirror is deployed. Also fails to come out fast enough. Final boss battle keeps the babalawo extremely close to the boss, so deploying the mirror fast enough is a challenge. It is NOT helped by the fact that the 'fire' button is over the boss at this point, so your thumb obscures your view of any visual cue.

Thanks for the feedback bro
Very insightful.
We will work on the issues raised
Played on a Galaxy S4.

Note that I'm only pointing out the negatives because if you fix these, it becomes a much better game. It's pretty decent as it is already and I commend your efforts. Good job!
Re: Babalawo: New Indigenous Android Game by tope3x(m): 6:51am On Nov 11, 2013
Please how can I download this on my Samsung note3. .runs on Android os 4.3. Please give me the link
Re: Babalawo: New Indigenous Android Game by Orokita(m): 6:55am On Nov 11, 2013
angryAbeg na only me see the resemblance wey This babalawo get with baba sege? Una look obasanjo take develop am? grin tongue
Re: Babalawo: New Indigenous Android Game by tope3x(m): 7:01am On Nov 11, 2013
I'm having the same issue,It's not working on my note3...please help

Xorcyst: Please attempt download from playstore
Re: Babalawo: New Indigenous Android Game by Yusphull(m): 7:33am On Nov 11, 2013
Xorcyst:

Lol bros
We nor get babalawo lineage ooo
We jus think indigenous content should be celebrated
Bless

Thumbs up bro...... Thanks for promoting our culture n tradition...
Re: Babalawo: New Indigenous Android Game by Xorcyst(m): 8:16am On Nov 11, 2013
tope3x: Please how can I download this on my Samsung note3. .runs on Android os 4.3. Please give me the link
Hi
Please open your playstore app and search Babalawo
Then download from there
Alternatively
http://nexva.mobi/31987

Please confirm it was successful
Thank you
Re: Babalawo: New Indigenous Android Game by Xorcyst(m): 8:18am On Nov 11, 2013
tope3x: I'm having the same issue,It's not working on my note3...please help

Hello
Please can you help with the exact error it gives or the nature of the challenge

Thanks
Re: Babalawo: New Indigenous Android Game by Xorcyst(m): 8:20am On Nov 11, 2013
Yusphull:

Thumbs up bro...... Thanks for promoting our culture n tradition...

We thank you for the kind words sir
Re: Babalawo: New Indigenous Android Game by Goldenheart(m): 8:52am On Nov 11, 2013
Op... I'm a Game character designer. How may I be of service
Re: Babalawo: New Indigenous Android Game by Xorcyst(m): 9:02am On Nov 11, 2013
Goldenheart: Op... I'm a Game character designer. How may I be of service
Pls send us an email
parkbenchconsulting@gmail.com
Re: Babalawo: New Indigenous Android Game by Xorcyst(m): 9:24am On Nov 11, 2013
life_style: How do i play this game ?

How do you mean sir?
Re: Babalawo: New Indigenous Android Game by tope3x(m): 9:46am On Nov 11, 2013
Got this

Xorcyst:

Hello
Please can you help with the exact error it gives or the nature of the challenge

Thanks

Re: Babalawo: New Indigenous Android Game by segzicres(m): 11:06am On Nov 11, 2013
Nice one but graphics n game play can improve. it looks boring. cry
Re: Babalawo: New Indigenous Android Game by akunjohn(m): 11:47am On Nov 11, 2013
@op,wat of blackberry users?,pls let's feel it too nah.
Re: Babalawo: New Indigenous Android Game by Xorcyst(m): 3:56pm On Nov 11, 2013
akunjohn: @op,wat of blackberry users?,pls let's feel it too nah.
We are working on deploying for BB but from the 10S onwards. The earlier versions cant support this though
Re: Babalawo: New Indigenous Android Game by Xorcyst(m): 3:44am On Nov 12, 2013
segzi cres: Nice one but graphics n game play can improve. it looks boring. cry
Look out for our next few products bro
Graphics n game play will be improved
Coming shortly
Re: Babalawo: New Indigenous Android Game by ra4fo(m): 4:43am On Nov 12, 2013
Dat is gud
Re: Babalawo: New Indigenous Android Game by Xorcyst(m): 2:49pm On Nov 12, 2013
tope3x:
Got this

Hi tope3x

Please download from the google playstore instead

Thank you
@Xorcyst
Partner
Abokishop Network
Re: Babalawo: New Indigenous Android Game by Xorcyst(m): 3:57pm On Nov 18, 2013
Dear Nairalanders

Six (6) days to go before Babalawo android FREE download offer expires. Make the most of it
Link: http://nexva.mobi/31987

Cheers
For Abokishop Network
www.abokishop.com
Re: Babalawo: New Indigenous Android Game by IAmHoncho: 10:32pm On Nov 18, 2013
Lol ama proud nigerian tho',kudos to d ppl dat made d game nw ltz c doz white a$$ho's tok trash bout' superiority nw undecided
Re: Babalawo: New Indigenous Android Game by Xorcyst(m): 8:50pm On Nov 21, 2013
Xorcyst: Dear Nairalanders

Six (6) days to go before Babalawo android FREE download offer expires. Make the most of it
Link: http://nexva.mobi/31987

Cheers
For Abokishop Network
www.abokishop.com

Offer ends 24th Nov 2013 on MTN appstore
2 days left

Thank you Nairaland

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Real Racing 3 Nigerians Team. / FIFA 2011 vs PES 2011 / Do We Need To Chip Xbox 360 To Play Pirated Cd Games?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.