Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,752 members, 7,817,082 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:53 AM

Best Harry Potter Book? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Best Harry Potter Book? (36563 Views)

Poll: Which is your favourite Harry Potter book?

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone: 0% (0 votes)
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets: 0% (0 votes)
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban: 0% (0 votes)
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire: 0% (0 votes)
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix: 0% (0 votes)
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince: 0% (0 votes)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: 100% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

Harry Potter And The Sorcerers Stone / Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows: Book 7! / Does Harry Potter Encourage Witchcraft? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Best Harry Potter Book? by djcrucifix(m): 5:12pm On Jun 04, 2006
Which Book Is Your Favourite Among The Harry Potter Series?

Sup people,

Just seeking your opinion on your best Harry Potter book.

Mine is the goblet of fire(book 4) because that was when the real action came out, voldemort rising again, the triwizard tournament, the learning of the three unforgivable curses and all that stuff.

So which is yours?
Re: Best Harry Potter Book? by Badman888(m): 5:38pm On Jun 04, 2006
i would go with Prisoner of Azkaban my second best would be the goblet of fire
Re: Best Harry Potter Book? by molluma(f): 5:50pm On Jun 04, 2006
prisoner of azkabah
Re: Best Harry Potter Book? by mamaput(f): 6:34pm On Jun 04, 2006
The first is always the best.
Re: Best Harry Potter Book? by trips(m): 10:55pm On Jun 04, 2006
The order of the Pheonix was the best i've read so far,
Harry Potter taking on Death Eaters and all that action,
him and the crew ,
hermoine, ron, luna, neville taking rides on threatals,
hagrid fighting, meeting his brother who happens to be a gaint,
Dumbledore knocking out Ministry of Magics superiors
that book is hot!!! shocked
Re: Best Harry Potter Book? by ToyM28(f): 11:02pm On Jun 04, 2006
Yeah trips oder of phoeix has 2 ve bn my best. Thats when d real power of friendships and love where tested. I cldnt believe dat LUNA nd NEVILE survived, but they did. But i have 2 say that sirius's death threw me of balance. Its sad.

Also dumbeldures death in half blood prince, made me sad. I'm begign to think dumbledore isnt dead after all, cuz as wise as he his he shld ve known dat snape was bad. Or it might ve bn planned. ITS ALL CONFUSING embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed cry cry
Re: Best Harry Potter Book? by Badman888(m): 11:02pm On Jun 04, 2006
order of phoenix was kind of dry just big like endineering text book , half blood prince didnt make sense she is too rich now to write anything sensible
Re: Best Harry Potter Book? by ToyM28(f): 11:10pm On Jun 04, 2006
Comeon, baddy. They were both well written, so which one do u like den?
Re: Best Harry Potter Book? by Badman888(m): 11:12pm On Jun 04, 2006
Prisoner of Azkaban and Goblet of fire. Azkaban was unique in its own way for no voldermot crap and stuff, but they are all cool

1 Like

Re: Best Harry Potter Book? by temilo28: 11:40am On Jun 05, 2006
the only reason why i dont take HP and the half blood prince is b'cos there was no suspence,i knew all along dat the half blood prince wud be Snape or Vol - "u no poo"
So 4 action,prisoner of azkaban was very eventful,sirius,james,lupin,, while the 1st part was d best 4 suspense. "quirell !" but did Dumbledore have to die?
Re: Best Harry Potter Book? by Badman888(m): 12:01pm On Jun 05, 2006
yea he was killed by Prof. snape
Re: Best Harry Potter Book? by rinwa(f): 12:53pm On Jun 05, 2006
i'd say order of the phoenix was the best though a tad too dramatic on harry's part
Re: Best Harry Potter Book? by ToyM28(f): 12:55pm On Jun 05, 2006
@ temi, exactly did dumbledore have 2 die. It made me really sad.
Re: Best Harry Potter Book? by justkunmi(m): 6:12pm On Jun 05, 2006
half blood prince, had me turning pages till the end.
it revealed so many things bout the whole harry potter story, voldermot's past, orace slughorn, ginny's love 4 harry and so many . HBP's the best in the series yet.
Re: Best Harry Potter Book? by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jun 07, 2006
Hello everybody
I'm a die-hard hp fan, like some of you. I think books 4,5,6 were da bomb. I love reading about all the dueling and spellcasting and jinxing and hexing and cursing, and I think if i was in hogwarts, i would have been a memba of d DA.

Anyway, I love book 4 cuz that was where Voldemort (yeah - i'm not scared to say his name grin ) came back, and we really learnt the effect of brother wands dueling (priori incantatem). It's amazing that harry's force of mind could be stronger than that of voldemort anyway, and occlumency and non-verbal spells turned out to be difficult.

Book five - the dementors in little whinging, the hearing, the advance guard, the da, occlumency, the battle in the ministry and so on. everything generally.

Book six - harry and dumbledore really get down (lol, don't misunderstand me). all that memory and pensieve stuff, and the death of dumbledore. now let me tell you guyz something -- severus snape (i love his full name) may be on the good side. he might have made the vow with narcissa to establish trust among the death eaters (especially bellatrix lestrange). He might have gone on to tell Albus Percivale Wulfric Brian Dumbledore (NOTICE ME) what he had done, and let me tell you - never underestimate "The Only One He Ever Feared." He might have done another "immensely complex charm" like the one lily did to save harry, so that even though snape would say the "avada kedavra", he won't truly die, and snape'll gain on both sides. i've been reading some of jkr's interviews recently, and ron may die, and wormtail may pay harry back for saving his life. that boar in part 1 may also come back, and snape may get killed by harry. when asked about snape's boggart, she refused to tell us, that it was going to reveal too much. newayz, part 7 will come out in 2007 or later "as she said", and there will be a lot of deaths, and something interesting about lily. enough of the ofofo, wait till 2007. See ya!
Re: Best Harry Potter Book? by count(m): 9:22am On Jun 08, 2006
hp 4 was d most revealing of them all and my favourite,for this was where all d hostilities began.I can't wait 4 book seven
Re: Best Harry Potter Book? by tipsy289(m): 7:20pm On Jun 10, 2006
Its only 4(goblet of fire) i have read.D books are lengthy and only read 4 cos ppl sayn it was intstn but watcd all out.
Re: Best Harry Potter Book? by inspira(f): 8:04pm On Jun 11, 2006
i don't know why bk2 is just my favourite cuz that's when all the quidditch stuff is real tight and hermione's crush and harry speaking the snake languageand all the sssss grin
Re: Best Harry Potter Book? by mamaput(f): 7:14pm On Jun 12, 2006
i loved Agata Christie lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Best Harry Potter Book? by Mystique(f): 10:27am On Jun 28, 2006
I liked Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire Best of all,

I heard two key characters died in the final episode (Harry and Ron Maybe??) embarassed
Re: Best Harry Potter Book? by temilo28: 10:48am On Oct 16, 2006
If i were to make som predictions for the last part: i dont think harry can kill voldemort on his own,perhaps Snape will kill voldemort (maybe greed 4 power) and then harry will kill snape. Perhaps malfoy will join forces with harry and hermione,to kill snape,but somone gud is definitely goin to die,Dumbledore was too painful!

do u know about a different harry potter (harry pottter and the time zone) but not by j.k rowling, malfoy actually dates ginny in this one,and they ve got som kind of animagus power.
Re: Best Harry Potter Book? by Nobody: 1:02pm On Oct 21, 2006
listen to this
if voldemort is gonna kill harry, it's most likely not gonna be with his wand, cuz they can't duel
if snape can kill voldemort, why wasn't the prophecy made at snape's birth?
i have a very strong feeling draco doesn't want to let his family down, and that's why he joined the death eaters. i think there's a limit to his evil capacity
ron may die, cuz jkr said "assuming he lives to leave school" in an interview
Re: Best Harry Potter Book? by khuna(f): 11:01am On Dec 07, 2006
GOBLET OF FIRE IS JUST THE BEST ONE FOR ME
Re: Best Harry Potter Book? by justkunmi(m): 6:41pm On Dec 07, 2006
there'll be a lot of surprises in book7.
snape is not a death eater. i think he killed dumbledore cos dumbledore asked him to. cos remember dumbledore trusted him with his life. we should neva underestimate dumbledore's trust.

ron might die. harry and hermione would be left with the DA to look for the remaining horcruxes alone.

neville longbottom might end up being the chosen one to kill voldermot, not harry. remember they were both born on the same day and snape did not here the full prophecy from trelawney.
Re: Best Harry Potter Book? by mamaput(f): 8:49pm On Dec 07, 2006
I have a funny feeling that dumbledore and harry god father are not really dead only under cover.
If any one can afford to die, its Lupin (the werwolf man) because he is not a happy person at all.
Re: Best Harry Potter Book? by ThoniaSlim(f): 8:24pm On Dec 09, 2006
harry potter and chamber of secrets.
Re: Best Harry Potter Book? by olsmade(m): 12:56pm On Jan 11, 2007
ThoniaSlim:

harry potter and chamber of secrets.
i agree with u, thoniaslim-i'll give it to the chamber of secrets
Re: Best Harry Potter Book? by Hugheso97: 9:04pm On Sep 22, 2009
The Best 1 in defo   Deathly Hallows heres a list of people who die how they die and who killed dem smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley

Lupin> Avada Kedavra> Rookwood
Tonks> Avada Kedavra> Rookwood
Moody> Avada Kedavra> ??
Dobby>Silver Knife> Bellatrix
Hedwig> Avada Kedavra
Fred>Falling Rocks> ??
Bellatrix> Avada Kedavra> Molly Weasly
Voldemort>Avada Kedavra> Himself
Some Death Eaters>>??
Crabbe> Fiendfyre> Himself
Gregorovitch And his family> Avada Kedavra> Voldemort
Charity Burbage> Avada Kedavra> Voldemort
Nagini> Gryffindors Sword> Neville
Colin Creevey> Avada Kedavra> ?
Bathilda Bagshot> Avada Kedavra> Voldemort

AANNNDDD LLLOOOAADSSS MMOOORRREEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Harry Marries Ginny And they have three kids  -  Albus, Lily and James

Ron Marries Hermione and THEY have two kids -  Hugo and Rose
Re: Best Harry Potter Book? by rayzbay(f): 9:40pm On Oct 11, 2009
from the brief things i have heard about harry potter and the deathly hallows i think it is the best anyway.please where can i download it on web
Re: Best Harry Potter Book? by mamagee6(f): 10:57pm On Oct 11, 2009
That movie is very long. tongue
Re: Best Harry Potter Book? by adebayo201: 12:30am On Oct 15, 2009
As !t's long, u l!ke 2 watch !t over and over.@mama gee
Re: Best Harry Potter Book? by Yasmillion: 2:00pm On Nov 19, 2009
I think that Order of the Phoenix is the best because it gives out all the information you need to know. It isn't 'dry' because it's got a lot of good updates from all the other books. It was the movie version of it that wasn't very good. They missed out loads of vital information.  angry

Deathly Hallows is also a brilliant book, but it's really dark,  Because loaads of people die.  cry

(1) (2) (Reply)

Wole Soyinka Receiving The Nobel Prize In 1986 (picture) / Renata "The Vengeful Girl" / Prof. John Pepper Clark Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.