Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,416 members, 7,815,937 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:29 PM

Best Harry Potter Book? - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Best Harry Potter Book? (36562 Views)

Poll: Which is your favourite Harry Potter book?

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone: 0% (0 votes)
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets: 0% (0 votes)
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban: 0% (0 votes)
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire: 0% (0 votes)
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix: 0% (0 votes)
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince: 0% (0 votes)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: 100% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

Harry Potter And The Sorcerers Stone / Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows: Book 7! / Does Harry Potter Encourage Witchcraft? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Harry Potter Book? by XFio(m): 5:27pm On Jun 30, 2010
Goblet of fire. The story was brilliant. Cedric Dying, Harry unexpectedely being picked for Triwizard. Mad Eye, well not being Mad Eye and Voldemort and Harry duel to the end.
I also think the Prisoner of Azkaban, it's where we see all of the characters yet to be in the following books as well as uncovering the romance between Ron and Hermione, also showing how cocky Draco can be
Re: Best Harry Potter Book? by MyneWhite1(f): 11:48pm On Jul 01, 2010
The prisoner of Azkhaban. Those dementors sha,
Re: Best Harry Potter Book? by liamM285: 8:00am On Jul 03, 2010
the deathly hallows and the goblet of fire because they both have heaps of action grin cheesy shocked smiley wink cool
Re: Best Harry Potter Book? by Phate07(m): 9:58am On Nov 22, 2010

Book 7- Harry Potter and the Deadly Hallows is definetely the best.
Everything got explained in this last book of the series.
smiley
Re: Best Harry Potter Book? by bayodapo: 4:12pm On Mar 02, 2011
for me i thing its The Half Blood prince because i could visualize all the action in my mind; like towards the end when the death eaters came to pick malfoy.
What do u think about 7 "Deathly Hallows": man it's the bestest!!!
I cant wait for the original copy to be out on the streets cause i don't want to watch a pirated version.
can you just immagine the battle between molly weasley and bellatrix lestrange
Re: Best Harry Potter Book? by agentzakky(m): 2:19am On Mar 03, 2011
none beat harry porter and the goblet of fire
Re: Best Harry Potter Book? by Sumbohdee: 5:14pm On Jul 17, 2011
The first is the best in my opinion and heres why. The first is the most charming, and where we discover the magic world. For example, in one part, Jowling describes dumbledore's appearance out of thin air as "as though he popped out of the ground". This has such a sense of pure, childlike imagaination and fantasy to me that is lost in much of the later books. In another book, Rowling would have just said "apparated". This is just one example of the charm of Sorcerers Stone, but though the later books may not have the same charm, they are of course wonderful and magical books. Btw nothing beats the image of a cat reading the map from the 1st chapter of the 1st book.
Re: Best Harry Potter Book? by dominique(f): 10:23pm On Jul 17, 2011
i've not read all but i prefer Order of the phoenix to[i] halfblood prince[/i]. sumbhodee is right, the philosopher's stone is the most memorable.
Re: Best Harry Potter Book? by suprted(m): 12:59am On Jul 25, 2011
To me each one was better than the last. I remember I was like wtf is this Harry Potter shyt. Then i think during the hype for the second movie, I read Philopher's stone.

went back and got 2 and 3. finished them in 3 days or so. come and see race picking to run to the library before it closed for a long weekend so I could get Goblet of Fire. Just got in the nick of time. Half-blood prince was good, but was probably the least memorable for me sha. As in, I honestly cannot even remember reading the book although I know I did.
Re: Best Harry Potter Book? by kemmeye: 7:45pm On Jul 26, 2011
harry potter and the deathly hallows,watched all the movies even harry potter and the deathly hallows part 2. believe me its nothing compared to the book. grin
Re: Best Harry Potter Book? by yinkalink(f): 7:04am On Jul 27, 2011
I love all of ‘em,but al pick
Harry potter n d chamber of secrets
Re: Best Harry Potter Book? by ARareGem(f): 3:43pm On Jul 30, 2011
Which to pick? Which to pick? Which to pick?!!!
I'll pick the Philosopher's stone and the Chamber of Secrets and the Goblet of Fire. Sowi, I can't make a choice. Fine, the Goblet of Fire wins. Lemme add that the movie of Prisoner of Azkaban was boring and it kind of affected the good memories I had about the book. I still cry over Dumbledore's death. cry But, it's all good. smiley
Re: Best Harry Potter Book? by chika98: 12:10am On Aug 22, 2011
Deathly Hallows is my favorite. Everything came to light and plenty of dark stuff happened
Re: Best Harry Potter Book? by omoba4real: 10:59pm On Oct 07, 2011
Get Harry Potter Books from here http://sunshinebookseller..com/
Re: Best Harry Potter Book? by Twinmama(f): 10:36pm On Dec 07, 2013
Badman888: Prisoner of Azkaban and Goblet of fire. Azkaban was unique in its own way for no voldermot crap and stuff, but they are all cool
yes the prisoner of Azkaban. Plus u can't get the full gist except u read them. Don't compare d movie with it, the movie is boring, bt d book superb. U know they can't act all what was magicaly described. Only read 1-4 in yr 2005-2006 because pple were running from me, they thought i was a witch, bt anyways i'll make sure i av dem in my library to read all over again.
Re: Best Harry Potter Book? by urch45: 2:47pm On Sep 08, 2014
I heard someone saying he wanted to publish. Here's a good one. They accept online manuscript submission. Try cassava republic. Though I dont know that much about them or their website. Another sure one is www.blacktowerpublishers.com.ng They offer editing, proofreading, translation services. Even script review. Have only used their services once.
Re: Best Harry Potter Book? by dania30(f): 4:53pm On Sep 08, 2014
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
The suspense in it was killing. And when Dumbledore died and when Snape died also. Especially the part where Snape had a crush on Harry's mum all along, Lily. And all along Snape was against Voldemort and was just playing along to be on his side. Twas bloody but God I loved it

(1) (2) (Reply)

Renata "The Vengeful Girl" / Prof. John Pepper Clark Is Dead / In The World Of 3 Women (A Romance Suspense Story by Kayode Odusanya)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.