Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,087 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:19 AM

Buhari Threatens To Quit Apc Over National Publicity Secretary Position - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Threatens To Quit Apc Over National Publicity Secretary Position (33215 Views)

Buhari Threatens Niger Delta Militants, Says Defeating Them Won’t Be Tough / Fresh Crisis Hits APC, Deputy National Publicity Scribe Asks Chairman To Resign / Ribadu, Mark Clash Over National Assembly Budget (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Threatens To Quit Apc Over National Publicity Secretary Position by MrAladin: 2:58pm On Sep 20, 2013
Nigerian former Head of state and APC stalwart, General Mohammed Buhari is facing another test of his political career as the All Progressive Congress; APC now remains divided over his nomination of Rotimi Fashakin as the party’s new Publicity secretary.

Speculations are now rife that contrary to the wish of other members of the party that, Lai Mohammed deserves to remain in the said position, Buhari is of the opinion that Fashakin ho was the Publicity secretary under his defunct CPC takes over from Lai Mohammed who is now the interim National Publicity Secretary of the party.

It would be recalled that the interim national Chairman, Chief Bisi Akande has been agreeing and disagreeing with Buhari over several party matters, especially with regards to the ideological differences noticed after the merger. The former leader was stopped from answering questions directed to him by the press on several occasions by Akande, all in an attempt to regulate his superiority in the party.

An inside source has revealed to DailyPost political correspondent that even though, a convention to elect the party’s National Working Committee has not been held yet, Buhari has requested that Fashakin one of his foot soldiers be considered for the position of the party’s National publicity secretary, a request that is said to be opposed by the Tinubu group who sees Lai mohammed as most suitable for the sensitive position .This scenario appears to have unsettled the party as Buhari’s loyalists insist that Lai should conceal the position to CPC group.

Buhari, whose hope of becoming the party’s flag bearer is almost dashed, as the party has resolved to pick a younger person from the North, is asking that his trusted ally, Fashakin be considered for the position, or he pulls out of the party as the request was the first major one he had made since the merger became successful.

The source had further revealed that the party leadership has already arrived at an agreement to retain the service of Lai Mohammed, whom most of them have said was brilliant enough for the job, but Buhari argued that Fashakin was as good as Lai, hence his interest must also be regarded if he must give up his ambition for a younger person, come 2015.

Our checks have revealed that the disagreement over the Publicity Secretary position has created different tents in the party, as most of the party leaders from the Southwest are beginning to doubt Buhari’s sincerity towards keeping to the terms of their initial agreement.

However, both Lai and Fashakin have refuted the rumour, asserting that there is no such in-fight in the fold of the APC. Speaking with our content Editor, Adoyi Ali, the APC media officer who pleaded anonymity said ‘’Buhari himself wrote a letter commending Lai Mohammed’s handling of the defunct A C N publicity , urging him to continue as the publicity secretary for the APC. I would have shown you a copy of the letter if not that my office is locked, so there is no disagreement over the position of the interim national publicity secretary of the party because the position was zoned to the defunct A C N”

While speaking with Engr. Fashakin on the phone in confirmation of the story, he said ‘’ Me, I don’t know. I don’t know anything about that at all. That is a rumour to me. My brother, it’s all rumour. There is no truth to it.’’

www.dailypost.com.ng/2013/09/20/buhari-threatens-to-leave-apc-over-national-publicity-secretary-position-insists-on-fashakin/
Re: Buhari Threatens To Quit Apc Over National Publicity Secretary Position by Buddydogg(m): 9:53pm On Sep 20, 2013
what came over that old man head again his the one shouting around that PDP is a bad party & without APC nigeria will not have peace..... Uhmmmm BUHARI........

1 Like

Re: Buhari Threatens To Quit Apc Over National Publicity Secretary Position by Nobody: 9:55pm On Sep 20, 2013
Sai Buhari, dnt let APC turn to a laughin stock, haba! Other parties are watching o. Will APC go far atall??

1 Like

Re: Buhari Threatens To Quit Apc Over National Publicity Secretary Position by 3ace(m): 9:57pm On Sep 20, 2013
Would APC be able to manage any crisis if it happens. This is what PDP has been saying and it seems to be gradually coming to reality. Well, let's wait and see what happens in the coming months.
Re: Buhari Threatens To Quit Apc Over National Publicity Secretary Position by premlove(m): 9:59pm On Sep 20, 2013
Hahahahhahahah this is how apc and co wants to overtake pdp i laugh in boko haram voice

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Threatens To Quit Apc Over National Publicity Secretary Position by Nobody: 9:59pm On Sep 20, 2013
Buhari is still the man of the moment

Nigeria needs change,

Nigeria needs Buhari!

Sai APC!

cool

43 Likes

Re: Buhari Threatens To Quit Apc Over National Publicity Secretary Position by Policewoman(f): 10:00pm On Sep 20, 2013
Liar Mohammed can do the job better than Fashakin. The latter seems too dull for my liking.
Re: Buhari Threatens To Quit Apc Over National Publicity Secretary Position by hollypagan: 10:00pm On Sep 20, 2013
who is Buhari ?is he a fulani cow

23 Likes

Re: Buhari Threatens To Quit Apc Over National Publicity Secretary Position by Hgold(m): 10:01pm On Sep 20, 2013
who cares

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Threatens To Quit Apc Over National Publicity Secretary Position by russianmob27: 10:01pm On Sep 20, 2013
Buddy dogg: .

1 Like

Re: Buhari Threatens To Quit Apc Over National Publicity Secretary Position by sirugos(m): 10:01pm On Sep 20, 2013
Useless political party called APC. Believe it or not.. this party Will soon crash. Reason is that they are bunch of old men.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Threatens To Quit Apc Over National Publicity Secretary Position by Policewoman(f): 10:02pm On Sep 20, 2013
I always knew that APC merger was a fluke tongue Buhari has nothing to offer neither has Tifnubu.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Threatens To Quit Apc Over National Publicity Secretary Position by kubumilano(m): 10:02pm On Sep 20, 2013
Let there be change,if the Buhari Man is a liable and credible person that best fit the position,let him be,But if Lai is Better,Let Lai Continue•

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Threatens To Quit Apc Over National Publicity Secretary Position by obailala(m): 10:03pm On Sep 20, 2013
Oh my God.. There goes the formidable opposition we prayed for.. already being torn apart by personal interests undecided undecided cry

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Threatens To Quit Apc Over National Publicity Secretary Position by fishkaveli(m): 10:06pm On Sep 20, 2013
Abeg make him quit make beta person replace him
Re: Buhari Threatens To Quit Apc Over National Publicity Secretary Position by Hamazz1: 10:06pm On Sep 20, 2013
Pls apc do us a Favour n resolve úr differences we can not put up with this pdp conundrum for. The next 6years both lai Muhammad n rotimi fashakin r good enough to wear the cap.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Threatens To Quit Apc Over National Publicity Secretary Position by tobechi74: 10:07pm On Sep 20, 2013
Some notherners think one sidedly

if north isnt president wahala,
if ex cpc stateman isnt secretary,wahala..

Some Northerners are problematic

1 Like

Re: Buhari Threatens To Quit Apc Over National Publicity Secretary Position by ChemicalMallam(m): 10:07pm On Sep 20, 2013

1 Like

Re: Buhari Threatens To Quit Apc Over National Publicity Secretary Position by 3ace(m): 10:07pm On Sep 20, 2013
Buhari, whose hope of becoming the
party’s flag bearer is almost dashed,
as the party has resolved to pick a
younger person from the North,
Buhari the CPC leader is no longer contesting, Tinubu the ACN leader too won't contest; This means that the young candidate as the flag bearer of the party will be controlled by these two people if he eventually becomes president. Who says APC is not a party of Godfathers.

12 Likes

Re: Buhari Threatens To Quit Apc Over National Publicity Secretary Position by Lilaex: 10:07pm On Sep 20, 2013
1 by 1 day don day GO.!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Threatens To Quit Apc Over National Publicity Secretary Position by ChemicalMallam(m): 10:07pm On Sep 20, 2013
SMH
Re: Buhari Threatens To Quit Apc Over National Publicity Secretary Position by Buddydogg(m): 10:07pm On Sep 20, 2013
holly-pagan:
who is Buhari ?is he a fulani cow
ask d person wey write diz tinz na..
Re: Buhari Threatens To Quit Apc Over National Publicity Secretary Position by Caleboha(m): 10:08pm On Sep 20, 2013
Time for noise and party is over! Nows the time to test the strength of Nigeria's biggest opposition party! If every disagreement is visited with the threat of a break up, its not a good sign. If splitting up the party is a frequent bargaining tool then they are not quite ready for the fight at hand. May be Bisi Akande will apply a little more tact to save Buhari's ego as a vital personality in the party considering he is willing to quit the race as party flag bearer (something I find very hard to believe, yet laudable) and Buhari should not see every issue as a question of who is most influencial in the party!

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Threatens To Quit Apc Over National Publicity Secretary Position by Anubis: 10:09pm On Sep 20, 2013
The Author himself had to say his allegations are all lies at the end of the article so that he doesn't get sued. Yet people here are believing story

10 Likes

Re: Buhari Threatens To Quit Apc Over National Publicity Secretary Position by Nobody: 10:10pm On Sep 20, 2013
make una settle all una wahala ooo.... i no wan hear say all these GEJ boys laugh oooo.....my vote dey wait una......SHIKENA

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Threatens To Quit Apc Over National Publicity Secretary Position by 3ace(m): 10:12pm On Sep 20, 2013
Honestly, this merger is all about CPC and APC. The other parties that are part of this merger just came to play. I just hope these two elephants won't frustrate them out of the party.
Re: Buhari Threatens To Quit Apc Over National Publicity Secretary Position by Akiika: 10:14pm On Sep 20, 2013
Garbage of lies!!!
Smear campaign!!!
Re: Buhari Threatens To Quit Apc Over National Publicity Secretary Position by Kingslaw(m): 10:15pm On Sep 20, 2013
all is well.ok
Re: Buhari Threatens To Quit Apc Over National Publicity Secretary Position by Sylvaxxl(m): 10:16pm On Sep 20, 2013
This ppl should be wise now dat there's a divided house in pdp.all we need is a credible person.and if i were them i would pick a credible candidate whose popular eg:fashola...just said my mind

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2 Governors On Security Watch-list / Nnamdi Kanu Explains Why He Ran Away From Nigeria, Abandoned His Followers / Dino Melaye Set To Sponsor Bill Against Tribal Marks After Seeing This Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.