Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,196 members, 7,953,720 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:47 AM

Haulage Haulage Haulage - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Haulage Haulage Haulage (783 Views)

Entrepreneurship Series (XII): Haulage Business / Attached is the Feasibility Study For Haulage: Is It Rip Off? N.B Dump Truck / I Want To Start A Container Haulage Business. I Need Your Advice! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Haulage Haulage Haulage by okine4real: 4:47pm On Sep 20, 2013
Hello all,

I want to start a haulage business, I have read lots about the business on Nairaland but only one disadvantage keeps coming up, Drivers are the key to the business. Now this is what am thinking of doing, but i need people that are into the business to help me adjust what they think is not right from mine write up.

1. I want mine junior brother whom would be graduating soon to be mine Motor Boy, I would get a Driver whom would be paid commission per trip, I do not want to give a driver mine tipper and he would pay me, lets say 20k per day, i would prefer him working for me and i pay him commission per trip.

The fact is, if i give a driver mine tipper and he pays me lets say 20k per day, we all know he would kill mine tipper and in the long run, he would give me back mine tipper he had killed.

2. Once here is business, i know that there is business, if he goes 100 trips a day, i know, and i would be paid for the 100 trip, and if any damage is done to mine tipper along the line, i would fix it and i would not sweat it when coughing out money to fix mine tipper.

But if i give a driver the tipper, and he goes 100 trip a day, he would pay me just 20k or 15k a day, but not forgotten that he has over used mine tipper for that day , and when the tipper starts giving problems, the driver would call me to come fix mine tipper.

3. Please which tipper is better for moving sharp sand, granite or clay sand? someone said Mack is good, but mostly after a year it start giving problem. I need to know which Vehicle i need to buy, that i know would server me for lets say 5years, and the running cost for the Vehicle for that 5 years would no be alarming.

4. I Know i would come here someday and Advertise that mine company needs trucks for hire, So persons that has trucks should bring their trucks for use, But i need to know about the person very well, because its only when i know more about the business, that i can tell people to bring their trucks, and most importantly if i do not know much about the business, when people bring their trucks to mine company, i would not want to tell them stories when am suppose to pay them.

Also the problem with Nigeria is, people just want to give you their tipper and expect you to do miracle when its time to make payment, so i really want to know the ko ko in this business before i invest in buying one tipper for a start.

5.Also i was looking at buying a Land in ikorodu or in Mowe where i can use as mine Garage, But someone also told me that, i need to make sure the land has a C of O, because if am not careful, the omo onile would come and start telling me stories or another family would come and say the land belongs to them. So please readers how do i tackle this issue?

6. Is this haulage really Profitable? Because i cant imagine myself buying a tipper for like 4.5M and would be making 300k or 400k a month, i think that is a little bit small. Please how profitable is this business?

7. How do i handle the issue is LASMA, VIO, Road Safety etc

8. I believe if i can really handle the issue of the driver, then i believe i can survive in Haulage business.

Please i need positive response.
Re: Haulage Haulage Haulage by generalcyruss(m): 7:45am On Sep 22, 2013
We are urgently in need of 20 Tonnages trucks (Box body-Tractor) to convey our light products such as: BISCUITS-Mc-Vite, DAIPERS, KETCHUP, etcetera.

The job is a continous one as we distribute from Lagos (our Head Quarters) across Nigeria to our various warehouses (Abuja, Kano, Kaduna, Benue, Kogi, Imo, Akwa Ibom, Cross River, Bayelsa, Edo, Delta, Oyo, Osun, Ondo, Ekiti, Kwara, Anambra, Rivers, Ogun, etcetera).

Call: 0803-054-6462-Pastor Cyrus Jesunifemi (generalcyruss@yahoo.com) for details.

(1) (Reply)

Event Centre Decoration & Catering Business Apprenticeship. / Stainless Stairs At Affordable Prices . / The Adviser

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.