Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,313 members, 7,815,568 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:39 PM

I Want To Know God and experience him - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Want To Know God and experience him (1492 Views)

Christians: How Does It Feel To Know GOD Exists? / How Can I Know God's Will And Be Led By The Spirit Of God? / I Want To Marry, How Do I Know God's Will? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Know God and experience him by mazaje(m): 4:22pm On Sep 21, 2013
Lordlexyy: I grew up to be very afraid of sleeping alone. But this faithful day after a late night movie in the living room, my younger brother that we share the room together decided that he will sleep in the living room. I had no choice than to sleep alone that night. Amidst fear after several attempt, i slept off. Not too long, i woke up, lo and behold, i saw this huge figure on my wall, bigger than any human i have ever seen staring at me with a stretch arm, instead of being afraid, the level of peace that envelop me was beyond words. Immediately, that fear disappeared and that day marked the end of fear for me. Deep down in my heart, i was sure it was an angel but i wasn't sure until this day in church when my attention was drawn to a scripture in Psalm 34 v 7 by my pastor and i affirmed that indeed it was an angel. I had a terrible itching once on my scrutum that defiled all medication. This day, wednesday to be precise, we came out for a touch a call made by my pastor. Reluctantly i went out, after a very short prayer, instantly the itching stopped, so much that it felt like a majic. The story of how a man who appeared to a friend mine a Ghanian on two occasion within two weeks who identified Himself as Christ are numerous instances of events of divine encounter with the supernatural. Such instances abound, but don't wait to see one b4 you believe. God don't live for you, rather you live for Him.

Its either you were dreaming , in a trance or just imagining things. . . .
Re: I Want To Know God and experience him by plaetton: 4:30pm On Sep 21, 2013
Mintayo: Heb 11:6.(NIV)
And without Faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to Him must BELIEVE that He exists and that He rewards those who earnestly seek Him.

You dnt believe that God exists,yet you want to experience Him?
It doesn't work that way!

Again, the same thing.
You must create God through faith in order to see him.
That makes perfect sense to me.
So where do we disagree?
Re: I Want To Know God and experience him by Mintayo(m): 4:59pm On Sep 21, 2013
plaetton:

Again, the same thing.
You must create God through faith in order to see him.
That makes perfect sense to me.
So where do we disagree?
create and believe are two different things.
Create and faith are not the same,lolz.
Re: I Want To Know God and experience him by plaetton: 5:23pm On Sep 21, 2013
Mintayo:
create and believe are two different things.
Create and faith are not the same,lolz.

Do you think the Flying Spaghetti Monster is real or mental creation?
Re: I Want To Know God and experience him by Nobody: 7:05pm On Sep 21, 2013
I don't have any mental Image of God and I have grown up beyond Imagination of an OLD MAN with white long beard as God !!!

I just Marveled at the wonders of the world and the objects therein which thus made me to resolved that There must be a brain behind the Universe and whatsoever therein !!!

Thereby,If such brain wants me to Worship it/he/her so shall I do not because of fear but because such brain is wonderful and I love such Mighty-Brain ......... !!!!

And I feel God just the way I feel any other effects e.g Good soup,love,sad,sweet food, etc !!!

I dey feel God for my skin so tey I go develop goose pimples self, hian ... Baba God,U too much oooo ......I bow in extoling ya Holiness ooo !!!
Re: I Want To Know God and experience him by Mintayo(m): 7:43pm On Sep 21, 2013
plaetton:

Do you think the Flying Spaghetti Monster is real or mental creation?
Flying spaghetti monster? You mean satan?cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Between King Saul And David Whose Sins Is Greater? / Prayer Need / There Is No Second Chance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.