Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,728 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:08 PM

Gov Aregbesola Commends FG For Completing Ilesha Dam After 50 Years, Ask For Mor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov Aregbesola Commends FG For Completing Ilesha Dam After 50 Years, Ask For Mor (2288 Views)

Dasuki Challenges FG For Disobeying Court Order / Judge Blasts FG For Not Producing Witnesses Against Orubebe. / Exclusive Interview With Captured Boko-Haram Terrorists; Beg FG For Amnesty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gov Aregbesola Commends FG For Completing Ilesha Dam After 50 Years, Ask For Mor by taharqa: 6:24am On Sep 21, 2013

[b]OSUN State governor, Rauf Aregbesola has solicited the support of the Federal Government in the completion of abandoned water project in the state, to boost potable water supply to the people.

The Governor,who made the appeal yesterday in Abuja, when he paid a courtesy visit to the Minister of Water Resources, specifically cited the Ife Dam project,currently yearning for completion.

He commended the Federal Government for releasing funds towards the completion of Ilesha dam,which has now relieved the people that had being without potable water in the past 50 years.

“I am quite impressed with what you people have done in Osun State and I find it necessary to come here to express my profound gratitude to the Federal Government especially in the construction of Ilesha water project”, he emphasised

The Governor admitted that the state does not have adequate fund to complete some of the abandoned projects and therefore called for further support in constructing treatment plants, while the state government would reticulate and distribute the water to the people.

The Governor said that the state needs irrigation for all season farming and pleaded for more Federal Government’s support in this regard.[/b]

Responding, the Minister of Water Resources, Mrs. Sarah Ochekpe,said that the ongoing projects of the Ministry in Osun State and other states of the federation are as a result of President Jonathan’s commitment to complete all abandoned projects across the country that could be of benefit to the people.

Ochekpe further reiterated Federal Government’s desire for stronger partnership with state government for service to be delivered to the people of Nigeria.

According to her, the responsibility of the ministry is to provide fresh bulk water while the provision of treatment plants and water reticulation is vested on the state.

She added that President Jonathan is committed to the agricultural transformation of the country through irrigation and water supply projects for food security.

“ Since it is obvious that rain fed agriculture alone cannot guarantee food security to the nation, a lot is being done to support irrigation projects all over the country and Osun State will not be left out”, he added.

http://p.o.ngrguardiannews.com/business-news/133255-osun-seeks-fgs-support-on-abandoned-water-project
Re: Gov Aregbesola Commends FG For Completing Ilesha Dam After 50 Years, Ask For Mor by Drhenrysaint(m): 6:32am On Sep 21, 2013
Re: Gov Aregbesola Commends FG For Completing Ilesha Dam After 50 Years, Ask For Mor by Nobody: 6:41am On Sep 21, 2013
That is the type of politics we want played...but e be like na bcus him wnt sumtin naim makam dey praise the federal goverment.
sarah ochekpe is tryin but she acts as if her ministry of dam and nutin else.
Re: Gov Aregbesola Commends FG For Completing Ilesha Dam After 50 Years, Ask For Mor by Nobody: 6:43am On Sep 21, 2013
That is the type of politics we want played...but e be like na bcus him wnt sumtin naim makam dey praise the federal goverment.
sarah ochekpe is tryin but she acts as if her ministry of dam and nutin else.
my run comot B4 APC and PDP supporters show.
Re: Gov Aregbesola Commends FG For Completing Ilesha Dam After 50 Years, Ask For Mor by awodman: 6:47am On Sep 21, 2013
When I saw it on TV,I had to reach for my glasses to make sure its Aregbe-rascall...He was full of praises for the Minister and FG

Also I saw him commissiong the YESO project(a project sponsored by world bank and backed by FG and interested states) with the Finance Minister and he was also full of praise for the FG.

Seems the Fresh air has caught our dear Ogbeni...Kudos rauf

4 Likes

Re: Gov Aregbesola Commends FG For Completing Ilesha Dam After 50 Years, Ask For Mor by vb0mb(m): 6:52am On Sep 21, 2013
what a sad news a lot of people will drink petrol and hug transformer if this good news make front page.
Re: Gov Aregbesola Commends FG For Completing Ilesha Dam After 50 Years, Ask For Mor by psucc(m): 6:57am On Sep 21, 2013
This is real politics. Anyway that is why I love the politics in the SW. Disagreeing to agree. Commend others when they perform and blast them when wrong.

1 Like

Re: Gov Aregbesola Commends FG For Completing Ilesha Dam After 50 Years, Ask For Mor by baynix(m): 6:58am On Sep 21, 2013
Abere Straight 2014!! cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Gov Aregbesola Commends FG For Completing Ilesha Dam After 50 Years, Ask For Mor by Brimmie(m): 7:17am On Sep 21, 2013
awodman: When I saw it on TV,I heard to reach for my glasses to make sure its Aregbe-rascall...He was full of praises for the Minister and FG

Also I saw him commissiong the YESO project(a project sponsored by world bank and backed by FG and interested states) with the Finance Minister and he was also full of praise for the FG.

Seems the Fresh air has caught our dear Ogbeni...Kudos rauf

YESO? What's the full meaning of that?? I hope it's not YES-O under Ajumobi Govt.

BTW, Aregberascal doesnt give a rat .ass about anybody, Just do the damn work and you earn his Praises!

Same way he was lashing on Minister of Agric cos the morafucker lied abt the distribution of Fertilizer.

I Can Only Praise Ogbeni! undecided

Ogbeni, bo ti'e dibo.. o ti wole!! cheesy
Re: Gov Aregbesola Commends FG For Completing Ilesha Dam After 50 Years, Ask For Mor by Nobody: 7:18am On Sep 21, 2013
Well, thank you to the FG. We need more.
Re: Gov Aregbesola Commends FG For Completing Ilesha Dam After 50 Years, Ask For Mor by homesteady(m): 7:33am On Sep 21, 2013
vb0mb: what a sad news a lot of people will drink petrol and hug transformer if this good news make front page.

LOL!
Re: Gov Aregbesola Commends FG For Completing Ilesha Dam After 50 Years, Ask For Mor by ochejoseph(m): 7:37am On Sep 21, 2013
@Taharqa this is an excellent post , this also how governments at all levels should collaborate for the good of the People not the Mud slinging and name calling El-rufai and other Mouth Diarrhoea Infested Politicians dish out daily

GOD BLESS NIGERIA
Re: Gov Aregbesola Commends FG For Completing Ilesha Dam After 50 Years, Ask For Mor by solomon111(m): 7:39am On Sep 21, 2013
psucc: This is real politics. Anyway that is why I love the politics in the SW. Disagreeing to agree. Commend others when they perform and blast them when wrong.
Nonsense.
You must have been born yesterday.
Re: Gov Aregbesola Commends FG For Completing Ilesha Dam After 50 Years, Ask For Mor by Nobody: 7:43am On Sep 21, 2013
So for the past 50 years Osun state have never had potable drinking water? shocked this is bad o what did the former Osun state Governor do then?
Anyway, I like this Ogbeni of a Governor more than Fash.
Re: Gov Aregbesola Commends FG For Completing Ilesha Dam After 50 Years, Ask For Mor by nerodenero: 8:17am On Sep 21, 2013
Politicians are all the same.Most of them are only concerned about their personal gains.I am not surprised 'Ogbeni' is commending the opposition,it is all political stunts.Having said that,I commend 'Ogbeni' so far for his effort.He has always put Osun state in the news for the right reasons.
Re: Gov Aregbesola Commends FG For Completing Ilesha Dam After 50 Years, Ask For Mor by Demdem(m): 8:23am On Sep 21, 2013
Good one for the Retardeen. I trust Aregbes judgement.
I just hope those that accept Aregbes appreciation for this good work will also accept his condemnation against the fertilizer regime weeks ago.
https://www.nairaland.com/1426337/minister-aregbesola-disagree-over-fg

2 Likes

Re: Gov Aregbesola Commends FG For Completing Ilesha Dam After 50 Years, Ask For Mor by sarutobie(m): 8:32am On Sep 21, 2013
Demdem: Good one for the Retardeen. I trust Aregbes judgement.
I just hope those that accept Aregbes appreciation for this good work will also accept his condemnation against the fertilizer regime weeks ago.
You have no shame..
Re: Gov Aregbesola Commends FG For Completing Ilesha Dam After 50 Years, Ask For Mor by dridowu: 8:33am On Sep 21, 2013
Dont be surprise when he critize also
Re: Gov Aregbesola Commends FG For Completing Ilesha Dam After 50 Years, Ask For Mor by lutheran(m): 8:34am On Sep 21, 2013
I was born and grew up in ilesa, right now I am in ilesa, no potable water anywhere.....maybe the project is yet to commence, I don't know about that.....but for now no potable water and no traces of any water project going on anywhere, that is how it was since I was born !!!!!!!!
Re: Gov Aregbesola Commends FG For Completing Ilesha Dam After 50 Years, Ask For Mor by Ucheosefoh(m): 8:38am On Sep 21, 2013
Demdem: Good one for the Retardeen. I trust Aregbes judgement.
We will accept that one too if u guys accept that GEJ is performing
Re: Gov Aregbesola Commends FG For Completing Ilesha Dam After 50 Years, Ask For Mor by gramci: 8:47am On Sep 21, 2013
APC needs Fresh Air grin
Re: Gov Aregbesola Commends FG For Completing Ilesha Dam After 50 Years, Ask For Mor by awodman: 9:04am On Sep 21, 2013
But this Water Ministry is trying...many Dams and irrigation projects abadoned for years have been completed...Kudos to Sarah Ochekpe and GEJ

2 Likes

Re: Gov Aregbesola Commends FG For Completing Ilesha Dam After 50 Years, Ask For Mor by sEyi6: 9:06am On Sep 21, 2013
Like I posted on this forum earlier on, I respect that man called aregbe.
He talked ill and lashed out on the minister of agriculture about his policies that he believed not to be working, but here is he commending the ministry of water resources and the FG.

This is one thing our other politicians full of hatred, envy and good at badmouthing others because of their sentimental mind need to emulate. I remember Labaran Maku saying Fashola did nothing in Lagos, but was only planting flowers and another one also from the ruling party said Fashola's achievement was over hyped, and not the best governor like people said.
I remember last year, I watched Akande as he commended Akpabio of Akwa Ibom for his wonderful work in his state.
The ruling party should learn from their counterpart's objectiveness.

1 Like

Re: Gov Aregbesola Commends FG For Completing Ilesha Dam After 50 Years, Ask For Mor by Nobody: 9:35am On Sep 21, 2013
$£yi:
Like I posted on this forum earlier on, I respect that man called aregbe.
He talked ill and lashed out on the minister of agriculture about his policies that he believed not to be working, but here is he commending the ministry of water resources and the FG.

This is one thing our other politicians full of hatred, envy and good at badmouthing others because of their sentimental mind need to emulate. I remember Labaran Maku saying Fashola did nothing in Lagos, but was only planting flowers and another one also from the ruling party said Fashola's achievement was over hyped, and not the best governor like people said.
I remember last year, I watched Akande as he commended Akpabio of Akwa Ibom for his wonderful work in his state.
The ruling party should learn from their counterpart's objectiveness.
There is a difference between policies and physical project execution. If you dont understand or buy a policy you may not appreciate or benefit from it.

Comparing the fertilizer distribution policy and construction of dams is like comparing apples and oranges. The later is a physical project while the former is a new policy.

Also the fertilizer distribution policy is a collaboration between FG, state govt and the farmer (shared 25-25-50). So if the governor of a particular state for instance fails to cooperate (pay its 25% or does not understand or buy the policy), the programme automatically encounters challenges in that state. So while the fertilizer policy may be successful in a states like Kogi, Anambra, Abia,Kebbi,etc because of cooperative governors, it may encounter challenges or even be stalled in a states with un-cooperative governor.

The issue of building a dam is COMPLETELY different. This is physical project being executed wholly by the FG. The FG has both the knife and yam.

2 Likes

Re: Gov Aregbesola Commends FG For Completing Ilesha Dam After 50 Years, Ask For Mor by awodman: 10:05am On Sep 21, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
There is a difference between policies and physical project execution. If you dont understand or buy a policy you may not appreciate or benefit from it.

Comparing the fertilizer distribution policy and construction of dams is like comparing apples and oranges. The later is a physical project while the former is a new policy.

Also the fertilizer distribution policy is a collaboration between FG, state govt and the farmer (shared 25-25-50). So if the governor of a particular state for instance fails to cooperate (pay its 25% or does not understand or buy the policy), the programme automatically encounters challenges in that state. So while the fertilizer policy may be successful in a states like Kogi, Anambra, Abia,Kebbi,etc because of cooperative governors, it may encounter challenges or even be stalled in a states with un-cooperative governor.

The issue of building a dam is COMPLETELY different. This is physical project being executed wholly by the FG. The FG has both the knife and yam.

In otherwords a POLICY is quite different from a PHYSICAL PROJECT...I hope the young man understands this
Re: Gov Aregbesola Commends FG For Completing Ilesha Dam After 50 Years, Ask For Mor by taharqa: 10:49am On Sep 21, 2013
awodman: But this Water Ministry is trying...many Dams and irrigation projects abadoned for years have been completed...Kudos to Sarah Ochekpe and GEJ
I believe She is d most under-rated member of d Cabinet...
Re: Gov Aregbesola Commends FG For Completing Ilesha Dam After 50 Years, Ask For Mor by sEyi6: 11:21am On Sep 21, 2013
awodman:

In otherwords a POLICY is quite different from a PHYSICAL PROJECT...I hope the young man understands this

You two(yourself and the poster above you) don't get me. My emphasis is on Aregbesola's objectiveness and frankness without involving sentiment in commenting on development of whatever form(physical and policies) from the ruling party.

For him to have commended the minister and the FG for the physical project(DAM construction), that tells much about his observation on the minister of agriculture's policies, which he believed are not working. Not because he is not cooperative with agric minister like @ sincer9erian wrote, but he was simply being truthful on how the policies have worked in his state.

If he was not cooperative with the agric minister for sentimental reason(which is common to our politicians), he wouldn't have ever commended the FG for the DAM, which he understood as a plus for Jonathan and his team.

That spirit of not mingling politics with everything, being appreciative irrespective of who takes the glory even if it's not you and your party which Aregbe has exhibited is what I commended him for, which I wish our politicians(from both parties) should emulate.

The objective of politics is to deliver for the people by the elected, not minding who and the party that takes the glory.

1 Like

Re: Gov Aregbesola Commends FG For Completing Ilesha Dam After 50 Years, Ask For Mor by Demdem(m): 11:21am On Sep 21, 2013
Ucheosefoh: We will accept that one too if u guys accept that GEJ is performing

If retardeen isn't performing I wouldn't have rated him 11.3%.
Re: Gov Aregbesola Commends FG For Completing Ilesha Dam After 50 Years, Ask For Mor by Demdem(m): 11:23am On Sep 21, 2013
sarutobie:
You have no shame..

While u are a shameless pig.
Next.
Re: Gov Aregbesola Commends FG For Completing Ilesha Dam After 50 Years, Ask For Mor by Demdem(m): 11:27am On Sep 21, 2013
lutheran: I was born and grew up in ilesa, right now I am in ilesa, no potable water anywhere.....maybe the project is yet to commence, I don't know about that.....but for now no potable water and no traces of any water project going on anywhere, that is how it was since I was born !!!!!!!!

Based on the report, Aregbe said funds has been released by retardeen. Minister said ungoing projects. Be patient and let's hope funds released won't be diverted.
Re: Gov Aregbesola Commends FG For Completing Ilesha Dam After 50 Years, Ask For Mor by Ucheosefoh(m): 12:00pm On Sep 21, 2013
Demdem:

If retardeen isn't performing I wouldn't have rated him 11.3%.
That is a poor rating give him more rating joor I know u hate him but u guys cant take away the fact that he is the best president nigeria have produce. Fresh wind is going to blow u guys to Shhara desert

1 Like

Re: Gov Aregbesola Commends FG For Completing Ilesha Dam After 50 Years, Ask For Mor by Demdem(m): 12:22pm On Sep 21, 2013
Ucheosefoh: That is a poor rating give him more rating joor I know u hate him but u guys cant take away the fact that he is the best president nigeria have produce. Fresh wind is going to blow u guys to Shhara desert

I know its poor however considering the fact that it was initially 7.6%, u will agree with me that he is improving.
I respect ur opinion and u can decide to give him 100%, I don't care.
Right from the beginning of his admin, retardeen redefined foolishness in govt so if he is now making efforts in redefining himself, its Welkom.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fashola On Trial / Buhari Plans To Step Down After Oyedepo Threatened To Open The Gate Of Hell / Pics 10 ISIS Militants Rapes A Nine Year Old Sex Slave To Pregnant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.