Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,161 members, 7,953,619 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:50 PM

National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members (13384 Views)

Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) / National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos / National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members by Khairu(m): 9:27pm On Sep 24, 2013
Yusphull: Why is the Mod feeling reluctant to take this thread to front page?? Hmmmmmm

Must we use Sango to beg Obatala before you hear our cry?? Smh

But if it is Omosexy surprise B-day, Skelewu dance completion, Iyanya picture when he was young, Ini Edo With n Without make-up bla bla bla those are the trash that make ur front page smh we need to change our mentality if really wanna move ahead in this country..

Just my observation

#peace#
....#Lobatan#
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members by ketoprofen(m): 9:28pm On Sep 24, 2013
100% Whykay:
Entrepreneurs are made given an enabling environment. We want an enabling environment
Make it enabling yourself

2 Likes

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members by Abbey247: 10:23pm On Sep 24, 2013
U guys are doing a great job,kudos to everyone who stood to champion d cause of solving d problems of unemployments in our dear nation.the struggle has jst begun let's keep it up. Let's remain focus,determined and not deviate frm d real mission and vision of establishin d association. Determination is always a driven engine to all ambitions. Once again tnx for d giant stride
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members by success4(m): 10:40pm On Sep 24, 2013
Hummmm, wonder shall NEVER end! Naija for show.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members by kayswagg(m): 11:10pm On Sep 24, 2013
Hope you people will not change to cause of the struggle ...I know very well dat most of the exco we fight for themselves not the general member onces you are been offer some peanut or employment I just pray u will not let the general member down . Sha
Na so the so called NANS was taken over by the government . Make we wise up o cos curruption is in the air and boyz eyes dey chuk.
My two penny
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members by Charbless(m): 11:10pm On Sep 24, 2013
ehixking: There is a saying that goes thus "uneasy lies the head that wears the crown". Over a couple of weeks now since NAUG made public its executive members, work has been going on by these officials to make sure the associations sticks to its guns on the struggle against unemployment in Nigeria. The executives has been serving as a strategist team,and yet they still have a lot to do which can't be done alone,including getting trustees from the 6 geopolitical zones, we have decide to have two each from a zone and also to balance it gender ratio between the male and the female folks. NAUG hereby use this means as a source of invitation to noble men and women of timbre and calibre who would wholeheartedly from the bottom of their hearts would to be our trustees to please contact us.

I must congratulate the general public and those that have stood by us and our members who have been with us all through the struggle.
We have been getting encouraging results from the Cooperate Affairs Commission(C.A.C) as regards to registration and getting our trustee is part of the registration process. We all must understand that its not an easy process,our constitution has been drafted and our lawyers have given the go ahead. As part of the criteria for registration we now wish to invites trustees,men and women of noble character,( preferably not politicians)for the smooth running of the association from across the Federation. And to interested members, the website would ready in exactly 7 days from now, members would register free online and no monthly dues would be demanded.this trend is also opened to suggestions about trustees(if you feel there is anyone we can approach)

Join us on facebook: Facebook.com/naugnigeria

Twitter: @naijagraduates

Thank you all
Interested trustees can contact
Ehis ----- 0703 071 7445
michael-- 0806 314 1854
Offiong-- 0806 223 4327
YINKA--- 0808 353 6004
Dammy-- 0810 802 3630

Thanks
Ehis Abuya
National coordinator.
Pls, In my own Opinion, A Modification in the name will go a long way in attracting members.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members by hammedkola(m): 12:34am On Sep 25, 2013
Am not comfortable yet with this
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members by 1forall: 1:58am On Sep 25, 2013
Boss13: What are the objectives of this group?

D sage: NAUG, what for?

phil5: What's the need 4 this association?

The above I believe are the questions this group needs to find real answers to and I'm talking about clear, well-defined answers defining its purpose and objectives. If we don't know who we are and why we exist as a group, we certainly can't know where we're heading or whether we're even heading anywhere at all.

mafioso47: if the objective is to draw the attention of the govt to the rising profile of unemployed graduates in the country then it's a good one. But do members have the mindset of remaining unemployed for life? What is the future of the group when it's members gain gainful employment?

It is only AFTER the group purpose and objectives etc have been defined that we can begin to provide adequate answers to the above questions.

Thus NAUG/ANGAU: Define the group identity. Know who we are and why we exist. Let this be CLEAR to all who care to know or ask. Thereafter we can make plans for the achievement of defined objectives.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members by rasheedow(m): 5:15am On Sep 25, 2013
i like this
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members by redcliff: 6:45am On Sep 25, 2013
For some very strong reasons, I find this association to be the most ambigious, confused and unserious gathering of individuals across the nation. Ambigious in the sense that, it seems this group do no know what they are trying to go into, sending mixed signals decieving people about what they think they want to fight for. Is it that companies or firms would now have to come into this association and make their selections when trying to recruit employees? Or is it that this group would be a voice of many unemployed graduates to to ears of the government who really don't care?

I just feel that this association would end up doing more harm than good in the long run because they would end up making more graduates lazy people and probably later on, there would be a lot of politics being played when maybe sometime in the future the government sees them as a tool to win elections/buy their way into the hearts of the so called 'unemployed graduates' just for their own selfish purpose. Now, how does this sound/look when a bunch of graduates holding a meetingg discussing, what would you be talking about? Wouldn't you be ashamed of yourself to see yourself in the midst of a lot of umemployed people discussing on what government house to go for your next protest? Nah, it totally makes no sense to me and I'm sure it wouldn't to any right thinking individual.

Right now, you probably are a registered company or in the process of doing so, isn't that a business already?! What happens when a member/executive gets a job but NAUG is more lucrative for them?

What happens when the founder of this association gets a job also? We know Nigerians and their power drunken nature, would he/she relinquish every ties with the group?

You guys should go and get a job or start one!
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members by redcliff: 6:58am On Sep 25, 2013
olivertwist: Well done guys. After appointing your leaders, my advice for you guys is to declare a national day asap for your association whereby all unemployed graduates in all 36 states and FCT will gather at the state house of assemblies and those in Abuja will go to the National Assembly, by doing this, you'll embarass and put all our corrupt leaders to shame.

I would rather think of how to double my last N500 than do this. Smh*
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members by redcliff: 7:04am On Sep 25, 2013
rman: Nigerian graduates are completely missing the point. The effort you all are putting into this can be channeled into starting a legit business.
Imagine the talent pool that is readily available.

University education has failed completely in Nigeria if all our graduates can think of is starting an association like this.

Exactly!
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members by Harzan(m): 7:10am On Sep 25, 2013
redcliff: For some very strong reasons, I find this association to be the most ambigious, confused and unserious gathering of individuals across the nation. Ambigious in the sense that, it seems this group do no know what they are trying to go into, sending mixed signals decieving people about what they think they want to fight for. Is it that companies or firms would now have to come into this association and make their selections when trying to recruit employees? Or is it that this group would be a voice of many unemployed graduates to to ears of the government who really don't care?

I just feel that this association would end up doing more harm than good in the long run because they would end up making more graduates lazy people and probably later on, there would be a lot of politics being played when maybe sometime in the future the government sees them as a tool to win elections/buy their way into the hearts of the so called 'unemployed graduates' just for their own selfish purpose. Now, how does this sound/look when a bunch of graduates holding a meetingg discussing, what would you be talking about? Wouldn't you be ashamed of yourself to see yourself in the midst of a lot of umemployed people discussing on what government house to go for your next protest? Nah, it totally makes no sense to me and I'm sure it wouldn't to any right thinking individual.

Right now, you probably are a registered company or in the process of doing so, isn't that a business already?! What happens when a member/executive gets a job but NAUG is more lucrative for them?

What happens when the founder of this association gets a job also? We know Nigerians and their power drunken nature, would he/she relinquish every ties with the group?

You guys should go and get a job or start one!

#GBAM!!!!
Pls, tell them!
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members by Raphtop(m): 7:12am On Sep 25, 2013
Finally our voice is really going to be heard. Kudos guys
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members by christemmbassey(m): 7:31am On Sep 25, 2013
ehixking: I thank God am among those that were privileged to attend a reputable(private) primary school
And every morning we always receit this poem
Tick says the clock...tick tick
What you have to do,do quick

We must put ourselves together at this moment
Its important that we get it right...right from the start

Now we need trustees, men and women of noble character as trustees
Let's this social network be a means where by we meet and share opinion on how to go about it
The time is right, the time is now
Tick says the clock
What we have to do
Let's do it quick
No time- tick says the clock
What we have to do- let's do quick
i really dont undastand y u guys are like this, SO UR MEMBERS CAN'T B TRUSTEES? Naija graduate wake up, last i check its only a PDP MEMBERS THAT CAN B APPOINTED INTO BOT. Oya go and sell urselves to d vultures and cameleons that naija elits av bcome, best of luck sha.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members by bibiking7(m): 8:56am On Sep 25, 2013
100% Whykay:
One thing I knw for sure is that: 'Nigerian youths are not lazy.'
Everybody can not be an entrepreneur, skill acquisition also isn't for everybody. Government must start talking about Job creation. Jobs! Jobs!! Jobs and more Jobs.

True. Not everyone can manage the risks involved in business well. I have always had issues with that. And people should forget all that psychological crap that those motivational speakers are always coughing out. That nonsense about being an entrepreneur. If we all become entrepreneurs, who would we employ to do the job.
But, as for this association, i have said it before and will say it again, highjacking will be a big problem. I once joined a particular group in a protest, and when we were allowed to meet the people in charge, They said that they could only address 3 or 4 people and those peeps would spread the word. The 3 peeps that were selected were taken into the inner office and settled. That was the end of the protest and thus, the end of our course. Look at what happened to NANS, and what NLC did during the subsidy saga.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members by Realdon1(m): 8:57am On Sep 25, 2013
Fighting against unemployment doesnt mean we ar jobless. So, opposers should mind how they thnk
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members by Lifemax: 9:59am On Sep 25, 2013
Pls i sugest we should have state excos and leaders as well,ppl dat wil not use it as an avenue 4 politics.let join hands 2geda and fight 4 dis,is our future.thanks.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members by realteflon(m): 10:12am On Sep 25, 2013
Realdon1: Fighting against unemployment doesnt mean we ar jobless. So, opposers should mind how they thnk
Exactly my point to people who think everyone here supporting the struggle are all unemployed........ we fighting for the future of graduate yet to leave school, underemployed, and unemployed.

Am putting a call to ehix to explain something vital to this struggle
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members by Nobody: 12:25pm On Sep 25, 2013
barcanista: Members of this group seriously need orientation. The Monies you guys spent in travelling for meetings, registration with CAC
etc could be channelled to something profitable. Jobs are made by men, lots of oppirtunities are on the streets and even online. People make money legally with their PCs, BBs and oither gadgets. With ANY amount you can start-up SOMETHING in Nigeria. Pls don't embarrass yourselves, No employer who wants value will employ such group as this. God bless you all and I wish you all prosperity and happiness.

The same thing you started small is the reason why at ur age, 47 you are still patching life in one room apartment with ur wife and children while ur mates who fought a good fight and were gainfully employed are living large now. You think everyone is interested in ur phone call business which you go back home to sip garri at the end of the day? You may never go anywhere in life if you dont fight a good fight such as this. I rest my case!
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members by Nobody: 12:46pm On Sep 25, 2013
Those of you chasing against the formation of this noble association, dont forget if you're not infected, you might be affected. Your brother, sis. niece and nephew, neighbour or even a friend might be an unemployed folk. Think twice! This asso. is not all about those who are unemployed! I rest my case!
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members by Wendyslim(f): 1:43pm On Sep 25, 2013
rman: University education is wasted on all that are happy to be called members of this association
The fact that you want to be associated with such a ridiculous thing makes you completely unemployable.
In fact, you all deserve your certificates to be withdrawn.

Please look closely around you, there is something to be done, or services to be improved upon. In most cases you need very little start up capital.
Just a few days ago the governor of Lagos state said close to 3billion naira is spent on parties in just three LGA in the state? He gave examples of the amount of wine that was consumed monthly in Lagos alone. In most cases these wine were imported, has anyone thought about growing the seeds used and approaching NBL, Guniness or Coca-Cola for partnership?
Osun state launched opon imo, have all the programmers and computer science and IT graduates thought of selling the same idea to their respective states? I know someone that repackaged the car wash business in one of the " O " states and started smiling to the bank. Everyday, when I go out, I see numerous things that can be done. I was once in Osogbo and had phone issues, practically everyone directed me to just one guy and when I got there, I had to stay on a que. He collected 1k and fixed my phone in less than 30mins. He made close to 10k while I was there. I left thinking some unemployed graduates are in Osun thinking there is no job when a guy is practically monopolizing smart phone repair in the same town in a small shop.
My wife learnt how to do makeup and costumes in less than two months after leaving law school, now she charges 70k per job and she gets at least three jobs monthly.

The jobs are there, but not in the office. What our society needs is people with skills that addresses issue or service delivery.

Look, think, be ready to start small and to get your hands dirty. There are no more office jobs.

You all need to wake up from this useless dream.
. Ohhhhh ur thinking is so shallow, do u think is everybody dat has enough money to start up a business ? And check out how many thousands of naira came out from ur pocket to get your wife into makeup school, we have lots of graduates out dir dat have struggled so hard to get capital for business but at the end of the day the business collapses because they were not trained for dat. Fingers are not equal cos if you can afford to pay for training what about dos that paid school fees through their nose. It's a good idea to learn a trade or skills if you have the money but as it is I am not jobless but whether employ or unemployed we shouldn't just fold our hands and watch helplessly, we know our rights we need to fight this corruption to avoid further sales of employment slot when it ought to be by merit. So guys wake up and fight for ur rights.

1 Like

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members by wealthkehinde(m): 3:38pm On Sep 25, 2013
We are working seriously(with criteria) on the trustees. I know with God on our side nigeria shall be great again.-- where our children shall have food on there tables at cafeteria and job waiting for them before there convocation.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members by ketoprofen(m): 4:06pm On Sep 25, 2013
Wendyslim: . Ohhhhh ur thinking is so shallow, do u think is everybody dat has enough money to start up a business ? And check out how many thousands of naira came out from ur pocket to get your wife into makeup school, we have lots of graduates out dir dat have struggled so hard to get capital for business but at the end of the day the business collapses because they were not trained for dat. Fingers are not equal cos if you can afford to pay for training what about dos that paid school fees through their nose. It's a good idea to learn a trade or skills if you have the money but as it is I am not jobless but whether employ or unemployed we shouldn't just fold our hands and watch helplessly, we know our rights we need to fight this corruption to avoid further sales of employment slot when it ought to be by merit. So guys wake up and fight for ur rights.

ngwa, keep fighting for your rights instead of looking for sth to do.
U think u are in US.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members by ehixking(m): 8:12pm On Sep 25, 2013
Ninapha: I vote Barr. falana and Prof. Pat Utomi. I hv this feeling they woul represent well. For women, Oby ezekwesili. Its important we work with pple who hv like mind.

Thanks for the mentions...those are some of the names we have in mind...
We are going places
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members by Akiika: 8:51pm On Sep 25, 2013
Boss13: What are the objectives of this group?
Exactly, have a website or something!
Board of Trustees, for what reason?
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members by Wendyslim(f): 9:00pm On Sep 25, 2013
ketoprofen:

ngwa, keep fighting for your rights instead of looking for sth to do.
U think u are in US.
. Chai see Nigeria mentality,can't Nigerians reason like Americans ? Can't we do things right the way it is been done in other civilized countries? Ohhhhh sick country. SMH embarassed embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members by ehixking(m): 9:16pm On Sep 25, 2013
So many people are talking about escape route for members when the eventually get a job...(Selfish thinking- can't you sacrifice for others or do you think all these is gonna be a days job)
Some are saying they started business with 70'k
(Shallow thinking...that's part of our demand from the government)most graduate I spoke with would tell you that the last time they held that kind of money was during their NYSC
Some graduate do not own phones that has 2go application, far so so many!!
Many has no laptops or internet facilities till they travel down to towns and cities.
Nigeria has a total of 774 local government and some states are still fighting for more- so many graduates lives here and nothing happens in their lives, no budget for us!
Do you know National directorate of employment didn't count me and you before telling us that we have just 3.3 millon jobless graduate what if they did?
Do you know the level of poverty of our people?
Those of you talking are not wanted here cos you guys must be children or related to david Mark, bamanga Tukur,Dangote,Harry Akande,okonjo iwiala,Diezani Alison-Madueke,dimeji bankole,babangida,Abacha
You guys has never been hungry before
You guys schooled abroad
You guys have cars
You guys pay people to work for you in the day and club all night
You guys have never tasted poverty
You guys go to london for shopping
You guys feed your dogs with hundreds of thousands and millions to wet your flowers
For these reasons I can blame you
I won't blame you
May God be with you all

2 Likes

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members by Yusphull(m): 9:44am On Sep 26, 2013
When I went through some comments I felt sorry for this so called " Leaders of Tomorrow" .... Are we qualified for that appellation?? "Hell NO"

According to a saying "Anyway, no drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance".......smh

Joining force with this association is not by force, so if you are feeling too big to associate yourself with us why can't you pitch ur tent elsewhere? Huh.. but I know vividly well that most of you writing "balderdash" here are not even proud or content with the job you are doing...

"Umbrella can’t stop the rain but can make us stand in the rain. Confidence may not bring success but gives us power to face any challenges!!!" .... We don't need cowards in our struggle, we don't need shallow thinkers in our midst.. we only need people who are ready to right the wrongs of our forefathers, fearless mind who can go against all odds to agitate, to fight for what is rightfully ours and save our darling country from this public thieves that sit comfortably on the seat of power with their stupid belief that they are untouchable...

Nobody will die for us if we are not willing to die for ourselves....

NB: Our name is " Association of Nigerian Graduates Against Unemployment" not " National Association of Unemployed Graduates" anymore......

1 Like

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members by ehixking(m): 12:57pm On Sep 26, 2013
Most times people say its better to teach me to fish than to give me fish..
But come to think of it...isn't it when there is a pond or a river that the Master fisher can teach you how to fish..
Since this is like a parable...let me break it down
The fish is the income,the revenue,the enjoyment of been an entrepreneur
The fisherman is the government
The river and pond are the enabling environment
Its the duty of the fisherman to look for a suitable pond,lake or river for fishing purposes, in short in the Nigerian contest the fisher man owns the entire river( i.e all land belongs to the government,our oil funds,all trade,taxes and all means of generating revenue)
(The river is what economist call factors of production(land,labour,capital),enabling environment(power(PHCN),good roads,water,education and so many basic amenities)
So you can see from this simple illustration that it is only when we have the river that even the fisherman can teach people to fish
Once we have that, everyone's good to go
Now we all know we have a problem(thank God for that)
And if statistics says we are 30 in number altogether
All 30 graduates can't be employed by the government(Good)!
Why cant you(the government) make provisions for 15 directly and indirectly the 15 would take care of 5 making 20 and the rest(10) would be entrepreneurs(perfect)
Simple logic

Some Nigerians still compare people, have you guys forgotten the wide gap between the rich and the poor
You want people to walk in your shoes
How can you judge a man with a broken leg to walk in your shoes
FELLOW NIGERIANS
Let's open our heart,minds and brains
Ehis Abuya
National coordinato

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Photo: Cripples Serve As Street Sweepers In Kaduna State / Ways You Can Avoid Being Used By Selfish Nigerian Employers / What Is Your Biggest Career Challenge Today?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.