Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,406 members, 7,864,795 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 07:01 AM

Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) - Religion (47) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) (65372 Views)

The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) / Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (96) (Go Down)

Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by psky: 5:30pm On Nov 29, 2013
POPE II:
Is this supposed to b funny? Who made it a shameful thing ? You ?
How is that calling me to order? Abeg let's move on

You really don't get it do you?

No it's not meant to be funny, I just tried to create an analogy for you to understand my point, that what you said was actually disrespectful.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Ukutsgp(m): 5:32pm On Nov 29, 2013
POPE II:
You again? Can you stop mentioning Catholics? You claim we are evils etc but can't stop talking about us na wa ooo what kind of obsession is this? Don't you have pagans and muslims to convert?
why are u people lying that the bible is more than 66 books. Where do they brought it from? Who are the people that wrote it? Why did it prescribed that a smoke from the heart, liver and gall of a fish in a fire can chase away demons in the book of Tobit? Why did it say that GOD assisted judith to lie?
Why did it say that giving of alms can purge all sins and save one from death and make the person to earn everlasting life. Isn't it funny that u said d book was inspired of God?
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Ukutsgp(m): 5:34pm On Nov 29, 2013
ifeness:

Just as you think they are into occult,i think you are into occult too because they decided all the books in the bible. God and Jesus do not exist!
u are a liar. Nothing like that.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Nobody: 5:35pm On Nov 29, 2013
Ukuts gp: u are a liar. Nothing like that.

ok who composed the bible? Jesus?
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by MrTroll(m): 5:37pm On Nov 29, 2013
Ukuts gp: why are u people lying that the bible is more than 66 books. Where do they brought it from? Who are the people that wrote it? Why did it prescribed that a smoke from the heart, liver and gall of a fish in a fire can chase away demons in the book of Tobit? Why did it say that GOD assisted judith to lie?
Why did it say that giving of alms can purge all sins and save one from death and make the person to earn everlasting life. Isn't it funny that u said d book was inspired of God?
lol. grin I swear christians are hilarious. The irony of it all cheesy

1 Like

Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Nobody: 5:39pm On Nov 29, 2013
Ukuts gp: why are u people lying that the bible is more than 66 books. Where do they brought it from? Who are the people that wrote it? Why did it prescribed that a smoke from the heart, liver and gall of a fish in a fire can chase away demons in the book of Tobit? Why did it say that GOD assisted judith to lie?

Young man, your argument is baseless. The Roman Catholic church pulls the shots as far as the bible is concerned. Without them,there is no bible.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Nobody: 5:39pm On Nov 29, 2013

Doesn't the book of leveticus say that God ordered slavery? Doesn't the book of exodus say that God hardened pharoah's heart to commit evil?

Sorry, the catholics gave u protestants the bible and out of ignorance, protestants claim to have the real bible. There are even more books than the appcrypha
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by POPEII: 5:43pm On Nov 29, 2013
psky:

You really don't get it do you?

No it's not meant to be funny, I just tried to create an analogy for you to understand my point, that what you said was actually disrespectful.
you are mixing a lot of things anyway .it is over can we please move on ?

I would like to say to the Christian community esp to the protestants that when you want to do something in the name of Christianity, you guys must ask for our approval and know if we are comfortable with your thread esp when you want to push it on the FP , Christianity has been hijacked and is now very diverse however you can't use the label Christian or Christianity on some issues without asking for our authorization, if you guys want to be portrayed as people who are not serious please Catholics don't , your thread was not only full of blasphemy against catholic doctrines but it was also portraying "christians" as unserious . We know our differences inside but the people outside don't always know them.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by SalC: 5:45pm On Nov 29, 2013
@Ukuts gp i have tolerated you enough starting from the thread in question. You have insulted my church and belief severally, but i kept my cool and called everyone to order yet you come here call the books of my bible occultic and saying shame on us.
People should go to that thread and see who have been dodging the truth and refusing to answer question.

I still remember a time when Ajibam had to hide his own post for calling the catholic church occultic and i see no reason why it shouldn't happen again.
Let me wait for the mods to take action. This is my complait.

2 Likes

Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by POPEII: 5:46pm On Nov 29, 2013
You know how to find us when looking for our authorization/approval thank you
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by POPEII: 5:48pm On Nov 29, 2013
why did you run away from Sal c and Woky?
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 5:52pm On Nov 29, 2013
Anyone who insult any of the worshipers here will get a ban, this is not a medium for such.

Nothing makes your belief more important than the other, if you feel it is, convert to muslim you will feel much better I promise you.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Ukutsgp(m): 5:58pm On Nov 29, 2013
Sal C: @Ukuts gp i have tolerated you enough starting from the thread in question. You have insulted my church and belief severally, but i kept my cool and called everyone to order yet you come here call the books of my bible occultic and saying shame on us.
People should go to that thread and see who have been dodging the truth and refusing to answer question.

I still remember a time when Ajibam had to hide his own post for calling the catholic church and i see no reason why it shouldn't happen again.
Let me wait for the mods to take action. This is my complait.
so u dnt use to insult other churches. Isn't it? U are the saint, i am the bad person now abi? Why do u think i hv nt answered ur question. Hw has debating on a topic becomes a sin. Why cant u defend the book if it was inspired of God. And when did i insult ur church. I only said the apocrypha books are occultic and i gave my reasons. So what is ur point. They should ban me for nothing? Is that it? U hv to do a rethink. Back to the thread. Thank u mods.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 6:00pm On Nov 29, 2013
And by the way, the catholics are the most humble people on this section, you NEVER see them trying to shove their belief in other people's throats never.

Princesa, I deleted your thread because it was mocking those mentioned there, (definition of mock; to laugh at or make fun of (someone or something) especially by copying an action or a way of behaving or speaking
) we do not use the bible as a medium for jokes, that is not the purpose God intended when it was created. You have never seen God joking anywhere in the bible, all the narrations in that Holy book have no 'Joke' in them.

We are ought to live a 'Christlike' life not the other way round.

1 Like

Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by SalC: 6:06pm On Nov 29, 2013
Ukuts gp: so u dnt use to insult other churches. Isn't it? U are the saint, i am the bad person now abi? Why do u think i hv nt answered ur question. Hw has debating on a topic becomes a sin. Why cant u defend the book if it was inspired of God. And when did i insult ur church. I only said the apocrypha books are occultic and i gave my reasons. So what is ur point. They should ban me for nothing? Is that it? U hv to do a rethink. Back to the thread. Thank u mods.
Maybe you can show me where i ever insulted anybody's church. I said what i want to say here and have also defended and provided answer to all your questions on that thread, if you are truthful and want to continue on that thread, go back and answer all the questions you've been dodging since yesterday.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Ukutsgp(m): 6:10pm On Nov 29, 2013
Sal C: Maybe you can show me where i ever insulted anybody's church. I said what i want to say here and have also defended and provided answer to all your questions on that thread, if you are truthful and want to continue on that thread, go back and answer all the questions you've been dodging since yesterday.
u hv nt also answered my questions and i am nt through yet. I told u that i hv more than 20 issues to raise
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Ukutsgp(m): 6:16pm On Nov 29, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: And by the way, the catholics are the most humble people on this section, you NEVER see them trying to shove their belief in other people's throats never.

Princesa, I deleted your thread because it was mocking those mentioned there, (definition of mock; to laugh at or make fun of (someone or something) especially by copying an action or a way of behaving or speaking
) we do not use the bible as a medium for jokes, that is not the purpose God intended when it was created. You have never seen God joking anywhere in the bible, all the narrations in that Holy book have no 'Joke' in them.

i know i am humble too. We must speak d truth at all times and expose d liars that wants to turn the truth upside down. God doesn't joke with his words. He honours his words more than his names.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Nobody: 6:18pm On Nov 29, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: And by the way, the catholics are the most humble people on this section, you NEVER see them trying to shove their belief in other people's throats never.

I agree with you no personal insult should be allowed.

But as for pointing out flaws in the bible, anyone should be allowed to do that regardless of your opinion of God. As a mod your goal is to make sure there is no personal insult,not what people think about the bible,religion or a god.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by SalC: 6:20pm On Nov 29, 2013
Ukuts gp: u hv nt also answered my questions and i am nt through yet. I told u that i hv more than 20 issues to raise
The questions i've not answered are the ones on your last post which i clearly told you i will answer when you must have answered mine because i have not less than 15 unanswered questions since yesterday. So if you want to continue, you know what to do. I don't want us to derail this thread.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Nobody: 6:20pm On Nov 29, 2013
Ukuts gp: u hv nt also answered my questions and i am nt through yet. I told u that i hv more than 20 issues to raise

Not only should you look for flaws in the catholic bible,you should also look at the flaws in the Protestants bible......you will be surprised to find my holes in the holy bible.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by princesa(f): 6:21pm On Nov 29, 2013
POPE II:
YES . wink
WHAT'S YOUR denomination tho ?

Pentecostal. And i got Catholics as BFFs, I don't hate, am very very jovial but may be sometimes assertive. smiley

@psky... ur new siggy indicates you've been banned. Sorry though, guess you're in the religion section afterall, its so common here. sad

@hbg, sister I believe we are all still a work in progress, go easy on the power you have, remember the Abacha saga? I think this act is not too unrelated to it. And if that was ur reason, no qualms, i stand to be corrected, but endeavour to stay objective always. smiley

and so, I love my Princesa as a username, and I like to respect myself, Neva had a ban on the ID since it was created, and i don't wanna have it now, xpecially not on this section that isn't on my 'likes' list. There's Too much argument here that don't change the world that much or the common man on the street who have no access to the internet, so am yet to see its use.... undecided

So, this is it for me, and like I'd always say: 'twas fun while it lasted, tarra!' grin
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by AlfaSeltzer(m): 6:23pm On Nov 29, 2013
hahahahaha
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 6:28pm On Nov 29, 2013
princesa:

Pentecostal. And i got Catholics as BFFs, I don't hate, am very very jovial but may be sometimes assertive. smiley

@hbg, sister I believe we are all still a work in progress, go easy on the power you have, remember the Abacha saga? I think this act is not too unrelated to it. And if that was ur reason, no qualms, i stand to be corrected, but endeavour to stay objective always. smiley

So, this is it for me, and like I'd always say: 'twas fun while it lasted, tarra!' grin
I admit I have flaws and always stand to be corrected, we do it with love either way. You and I, permit me to say are birds of the same feather that's why the 'abacha saga' still lingers like it was just an hour ago. If I hurt your feeling in anyway please I am sorry and 'tuale' grin.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by princesa(f): 6:31pm On Nov 29, 2013
tuale sister grin
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Ukutsgp(m): 6:32pm On Nov 29, 2013
POPE II: you are mixing a lot of things anyway .it is over can we please move on ?

I would like to say to the Christian community esp to the protestants that when you want to do something in the name of Christianity, you guys must ask for our approval and know if we are comfortable with your thread esp when you want to push it on the FP , Christianity has been hijacked and is now very diverse however you can't use the label Christian or Christianity on some issues without asking for our authorization, if you guys want to be portrayed as people who are not serious please Catholics don't , your thread was not only full of blasphemy against catholic doctrines but it was also portraying "christians" as unserious . We know our differences inside but the people outside don't always know them.
this is a lie. The books was written by man and was nt inspired of God. If u agree, i wud rest my case. And why wont it be on fp? It goes to show that u people are covering something smelling?
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Ukutsgp(m): 6:35pm On Nov 29, 2013
ifeness:

Young man, your argument is baseless. The Roman Catholic church pulls the shots as far as the bible is concerned. Without them,there is no bible.

which shots? Dnt let me talk jare
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Olugbenger(m): 6:35pm On Nov 29, 2013
Banned by deols in Islam for Muslims for
deliberately derailing thread as a well
known offender . Ban expires on
12:08pm On Mar 09, 2014

I saw this coming

grin grin
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Ukutsgp(m): 6:41pm On Nov 29, 2013
ifeness:

Not only should you look for flaws in the catholic bible,you should also look at the flaws in the Protestants bible......you will be surprised to find my holes in the holy bible.
so u want to find flaws in the holy bible. Isn't it? Then go ahead. That is why the roman catholic bible is different from others.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by UjSizzle(f): 6:42pm On Nov 29, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: Anyone who insult any of the worshipers here will get a ban, this is not a medium for such.

Nothing makes your belief more important than the other, if you feel it is, convert to muslim you will feel much better I promise you.
grin I love this kiss
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 6:45pm On Nov 29, 2013
ifeness:

I agree with you no personal insult should be allowed.

But as for pointing out flaws in the bible, anyone should be allowed to do that regardless of your opinion of God. As a mod your goal is to make sure there is no personal insult,not what people think about the bible,religion or a god.
It is part of my goal to make sure nobody breaks rule #3 here.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Ukutsgp(m): 6:53pm On Nov 29, 2013
Ukuts gp: so u want to find flaws in the holy bible. Isn't it? Then go ahead. That is why the roman catholic bible is different from others.
but if u think there is hole in the protestant bible. Then open a thread to that effect. But let us finish with this extra books u people have added to the bible first.

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (96)

The Train: Movie On Mike Bamiloye's True Story / Lady Who Ran Mad And Stripped Unclad In Owerri, Rescued After Prayers. Photos / Jesus-like Image Appears In Markudi Church (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.