Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,451 members, 7,836,792 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:43 PM

Dr Emmanuel Uduaghan To Confer Special Honor On Pete Edochie & Iya Awero - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Dr Emmanuel Uduaghan To Confer Special Honor On Pete Edochie & Iya Awero (2449 Views)

Linc Vs Yul, Who Resembles Pete Edochie More? / Cossy Orjiakor Meets Pete Edochie (photo). / Iya Awero To Celebrate Her 50 Years On Stage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dr Emmanuel Uduaghan To Confer Special Honor On Pete Edochie & Iya Awero by ImeldaEgist: 11:03am On Sep 21, 2013
Delta State Governor, Governor Emmanuel Uduaghan is going beyond his sphere and bestowing honor on Veteran Nollywood Actors, Pete Edochie and Lanre Hassan a.k.a Iya Awere with the presentation of the coveted Governor Emmanuel Uduaghan Special Recognition Award at this year’s Best of Nollywood awards.

Speakinng about the special honour, Pete Edochie expressed - “I feel happy that the little we have done is being recognized by the current generation. It is a thing of joy considering also that it is a special recognition award from a prestigious award ceremony as BON and endowed by a progressive governor as Governor Uduaghan. I am indeed very elated by it. See you in November.”

“That this special recognition is coming the same year that I celebrated my 50th year anniversary as an actress is very significant for me. I want to thank the organisers of BON for this honour and to especially thank Governor Uduaghan for his immense support of Nollywood since he became governor. With more people like him, Nollywood would be a bigger pride for us all,” Iya Awero said

The executive producer of Best of Nollywood Awards (BON), Seun Oluketuyi added “Since the inception of BON, we have made it a cardinal part of the event to celebrate elders whose arts have catalysed the growth and global acceptance that Nollywood enjoys today. We don’t want to wait until these veterans are dead to give them post humous awards, which is why we endeavour to celebrate them while they are still very alive and active. Besides, this year’s honourees are a source of inspiration to young actors because of their longevity and continued relevance in the industry.”

This year's edition of the prestigious award is set to hold in Asaba, Delta State this Novermber.

1 Like

Re: Dr Emmanuel Uduaghan To Confer Special Honor On Pete Edochie & Iya Awero by Airforce1(m): 11:33am On Sep 21, 2013
Living legends smiley

They deserve it. grin
Re: Dr Emmanuel Uduaghan To Confer Special Honor On Pete Edochie & Iya Awero by Tolexander: 11:52am On Sep 21, 2013
These are part of the real nollywood and not tonto dikeh and the likes!
Re: Dr Emmanuel Uduaghan To Confer Special Honor On Pete Edochie & Iya Awero by Rapmaestro(m): 11:55am On Sep 21, 2013
Airforce1: Living legends smiley

They deserve it. grin

Re: Dr Emmanuel Uduaghan To Confer Special Honor On Pete Edochie & Iya Awero by Fkforyou(m): 2:25pm On Sep 21, 2013
*in pete edochie's voice*...Youngman,this iroko tree is too tall for you to climb....lol....congrat legend

(1) (Reply)

BBA Angelo Back With His South African Girlfriend, Candice Arends / Chidinma “ms Kedike” Acquires Range Rover! [see Photo] / Nairaland Vs Linda Ikeji Blog : Which Is Bigger & More Popular?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.