Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,901 members, 7,866,443 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 05:35 PM

The Similarity In Igala And Yoruba Langauage - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Similarity In Igala And Yoruba Langauage (646 Views)

Similarity In Some Nigerian Languages / Yoruboid Groups in Nigeria (Including Igala and Itsekiri) / Similarity Between Bini And Igbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Similarity In Igala And Yoruba Langauage by Nobody: 11:30am On Sep 21, 2013
I want to know why there is some sort of similiarity between the way the igala's and yoruba's pronounce words. For instant stone in yoruba is okuta while in igala it is thesame word. And omi which is water is pronounce the same way in igala language and so many more that I can't remember right now. I want someone with vast knowledge of the two cultures to help shed more light on the topic.

(1) (Reply)

Ankara Holland Collection / 44 Years After,igbos Demand N2.6 Trillion Reparations For Civil War / Naijapedia - Learn About The Languages, Cultures & Traditions Of Nigeria Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.