Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,604 members, 7,816,501 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:08 PM

Lagos Bans Hawking Of Drugs - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Bans Hawking Of Drugs (7573 Views)

Lagos Bans Sponsorship Of Pilgrimages To Mecca, Jerusalem / El-rufai Bans Hawking, Begging In Kaduna.. / Lagos Bans Hawking By Children During School Hours (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Bans Hawking Of Drugs by Nobody: 11:32am On Sep 22, 2013
sam(obo):
no problem, we control both the formal and in formal drug trade. chasing the drug hawkers is as good as profiting the cabalous drug industry(the big boys in the drug industry which the igbos control and dominate), thereby increasing their profit and also a good news for those that have shares with this companies because it will translate into better dividends grin grin grin grin grin grin

Lagos will soon deport you..... sad
Sounds like you've been using more than you've been dealing

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Bans Hawking Of Drugs by sage2(m): 11:32am On Sep 22, 2013
Long overdue.
Re: Lagos Bans Hawking Of Drugs by sCun: 11:56am On Sep 22, 2013
Ekiti.Goatgirl:

Ekiti will soon receive you with open arms. Old fool

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Bans Hawking Of Drugs by Nobody: 12:10pm On Sep 22, 2013
Scun: Ekiti will soon receive you with open arms. Old fool

At least Ekiti will receive me with open arms.
Can't say the same about your village. They'd prolly exchange you for a bag of narcotics grin

7 Likes

Re: Lagos Bans Hawking Of Drugs by ketoprofen(m): 12:33pm On Sep 22, 2013
geeez: All those so called chemists selling fake drugs should be arrested and prosecuted. A lot of them cannot even spell the word PHARMACY and they dispense drugs and in some instances prescribe and even treat.

Taking advantage of a person's ill health not only to profit but in some cases further aggravate the victim's condition is nothing but criminal

What we want in our noble state are the likes of Bukky's Healthplus, Mrs. Joke Bakare's Medplus and Prince Julius Adeluyi's Juli Pharmacy

We need to rid the streets and neighborhoods of Lagos of these heartless criminals and return them to where they belong

dont worry.
Our own 'HealthPlus' and 'MedPlus' will still outnumber urs.
No be we teach una how to 'MedPlus'?
Its a win-win.
Na agbo sellers go hear am pass

1 Like

Re: Lagos Bans Hawking Of Drugs by ketoprofen(m): 12:36pm On Sep 22, 2013
ichidodo: Nice development, we don't want this yoruba 'agbo alabukun' drug peddlers to spoil our business.Emzor,Fidson, Orange drugs et al can cater the drug needs of the whole Lagos population.If we are paying tax? shouldn't the Lagos Government work for us and chase our yoruba alabukun competitors off the streets?? Eko onibaje for the igbos sha.

and Juhel.
They are so many.
Nice devt for igbos in lagos.
Eko o ni baje o

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Bans Hawking Of Drugs by ketoprofen(m): 12:38pm On Sep 22, 2013
sam(obo):
no problem, we control both the formal and in formal drug trade. chasing the drug hawkers is as good as profiting the cabalous drug industry(the big boys in the drug industry which the igbos control and dominate), thereby increasing their profit and also a good news for those that have shares with this companies because it will translate into better dividends grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Lagos Bans Hawking Of Drugs by ichidodo: 12:49pm On Sep 22, 2013
ketoprofen:

and Juhel.
They are so many.
Nice devt for igbos in lagos.
Eko o ni baje o
Laiyee! Laiiyee!!
Re: Lagos Bans Hawking Of Drugs by eluquenson(m): 1:08pm On Sep 22, 2013
ifyalways: Hope this includes GNLD,Forever,Tianshi,Tasly and all the Chinko supplements that folks mistake for drugs. angry

These coy sell good drugs & are all Nafdac approved.
They are not meant for masses like you. tongue
Re: Lagos Bans Hawking Of Drugs by Controversy: 1:29pm On Sep 22, 2013
putting the cart before the horse
Lagos state government always want to be on news with less or no action. This law have been there since the time of Adam with less or no effect
Re: Lagos Bans Hawking Of Drugs by Nobody: 1:32pm On Sep 22, 2013
Igbo and Aboki (my guys) don enter wahala be dat oh!
Re: Lagos Bans Hawking Of Drugs by Controversy: 1:32pm On Sep 22, 2013
eluquenson:

These coy sell good drugs & are all Nafdac approved.
They are not meant for masses like you. tongue
This is not issue of fake or original
HAWKING of drug is prohibited weather fake or original
Re: Lagos Bans Hawking Of Drugs by eluquenson(m): 2:31pm On Sep 22, 2013
Controversy:
This is not issue of fake or original
HAWKING of drug is prohibited weather fake or original

Yeah, I agreed bt I only see tianshi hawkers not FLP or GNLD, anyway the law should prevail
Re: Lagos Bans Hawking Of Drugs by chanita: 3:20pm On Sep 22, 2013
ifyalways: Hope this includes GNLD,Forever,Tianshi,Tasly and all the Chinko supplements that folks mistake for drugs. angry
U said it urself,these other ones r supplements/medicine.D ban is on drugs.There is a wide diff b/w supplement,medicine & drugs.Drugs r chemicalized while supplement & medicine are natural(made from herbs,root,leaves)
Re: Lagos Bans Hawking Of Drugs by IYANGBALI: 6:08pm On Sep 22, 2013
Lagos state setting the pace for Nigeria to follow
Re: Lagos Bans Hawking Of Drugs by IYANGBALI: 6:10pm On Sep 22, 2013
Controversy: putting the cart before the horse
Lagos state government always want to be on news with less or no action. This law have been there since the time of Adam with less or no effect
sharaaaap ode
Re: Lagos Bans Hawking Of Drugs by normaljenny(m): 6:13pm On Sep 22, 2013
abu12: Lagos – The Lagos State House of Assembly has warned that the state government will apprehend and prosecute any person or group of persons found hawking drugs on the streets.
Assemblyman Suru Avoseh, the Chairman of the House Committee on Health Services, gave the warning in Lagos on Friday at the 3rd Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the Lagos State Medicine Dealers Association.
Avoseh (APC-Badagry I) said that state’s Ministry of Health, in collaboration with the leadership of the association, would arrest anyone found hawking drugs on the streets.
“Hawking of drugs is highly prohibited on the streets of Lagos State; anyone found using wheelbarrow or any other means to hawk drugs will be sanctioned,’’ he warned.
Besides, the lawmaker said that the government would not allow members of the medicine dealers’ association to operate illegally.
He urged them to operate within the laws guiding trade in medicine.
Avoseh said that the committee had intensified efforts to ensure that members of the association, who applied for certification to operate in the state, were considered.
The association’s President, Mr Fidelis Nwokeocha, pledged that members of the association would always abide by the government’s policies.
He said that he had sensitised members of the association to the dangers of stocking and selling drugs, whose source and existence were questionable.
“We do not encourage or support anyone who is involved in such practice; we always ensure that our purchases are genuine.
“We have no doubt that our collaboration with the government is essential in efforts to provide quality medicines for the public,” he said. (NAN)

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/09/lagos-bans-hawking-of-drugs/

Its about time this street drug hawkers is regulated and forced to work in tandem with doctor's priscription. They are really killing us (not for me sha, for those that patronize them) in this country. I pray other countries follow suit and the federal government too. Before you know it now, my umunna will start shouting that they are the target. Nigeria, I believe is the only country (if someone here can correct me) that one wakes up to go buy medicine in a pharmacy without doctor's priscription. It has to stop.
Re: Lagos Bans Hawking Of Drugs by amarilo: 6:24pm On Sep 22, 2013
Where. Will the multitude of poor Yorubas buy drugs from.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Bans Hawking Of Drugs by VirginFinder: 6:55pm On Sep 22, 2013
ichidodo: Nice development, we don't want this yoruba 'agbo alabukun' drug peddlers to spoil our business.Emzor,Fidson, Orange drugs et al can cater the drug needs of the whole Lagos population.If we are paying tax? shouldn't the Lagos Government work for us and chase our yoruba alabukun competitors off the streets?? Eko onibaje for the igbos sha.

You are already shittting your pants.
hahahahaha
Why are you so insecure?
Empty boasting and chest beating won't kill you.SMH.
Re: Lagos Bans Hawking Of Drugs by meccuno: 8:43pm On Sep 22, 2013
Jaidey-one:
must U tribalise everything? I bet you had a disturbed childhood!!!
but kairoseki77 said something about peter obi expecting more deportees..and he wasn't tribalistic?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Bans Hawking Of Drugs by meccuno: 8:46pm On Sep 22, 2013
normaljenny:

Its about time this street drug hawkers is regulated and forced to work in tandem with doctor's priscription. They are really killing us (not for me sha, for those that patronize them) in this country. I pray other countries follow suit and the federal government too. Before you know it now, my umunna will start shouting that they are the target. Nigeria, I believe is the only country (if someone here can correct me) that one wakes up to go buy medicine in a pharmacy without doctor's priscription. It has to stop.
I guess one would not not be fulfiled in this life or in the after life if he or she doesn't mention the igbo man in their comment.......please stick to the topic.....
Re: Lagos Bans Hawking Of Drugs by meccuno: 8:52pm On Sep 22, 2013
Dallas Cowgirl:

. Your Writing depicts your name.....a dallas Cow..

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Bans Hawking Of Drugs by sonnie10: 12:59am On Sep 23, 2013
I am surprised at people's level of comprehension, even at simply write up like this. I guess most of the people responding to this trend do not understand the news. Ok, here is further explanation in clear language;
1. Lagos state medicine dealers association LSMDA ("Chemist sellers" and not the pharmacy stores) held their AGM
2. Lagos state house committee chairman on Health service was at the meeting
3. The house committee chairman pledged to work with the association to combat medicine hawkers
4 The chairman of LSMDA speaking in the interest of his members "promised to checkmate" his members while using the government to flush out competitors (hawkers). Hear him, “We have no doubt that our collaboration with the government is essential in efforts to provide quality medicines for the public,”.
5 The house committee chairman reaffirmed that the members of LSMDA (again "chemist sellers"wink would be protected as long as they are operating within the limits of the law.

Those calling Emzor, Orange drugs, Fidison, Juhel Healthplus and mediplus Juli etc have very little knowledge of this subject matter, because none of these big businesses are members of LSMDA. These people are either pharmacists or have employed dozens of pharmacists to cover their businesses and do not need the help of an umbrella association like LSMDA to operate, unlike the chemist sellers.

Now, the task for those brandishing tribal insults here is, take a careful look at the streets of Lagos and concluded for yourself which group (Igbo boys, Yoruba women or hausa mallams) is hawking drugs most on the streets. Then, draw the conclusion for your self who would be the worst victim of the crusade. You may want to start your investigation with the many Evening bus stop/Junction markets in Lagos.
Re: Lagos Bans Hawking Of Drugs by Cutekid54: 8:24am On Sep 23, 2013

I dont blame you, i blame fashola 4 nt deporting you when he had the chance, olofo step outta line and Raji will send you back to peter obi... Ode aye

1 Like

Re: Lagos Bans Hawking Of Drugs by Nobody: 8:52am On Sep 23, 2013
Bad news to all those abokis in Apapa selling Aphrodisiac
Re: Lagos Bans Hawking Of Drugs by ichidodo: 9:01am On Sep 23, 2013
Cutekid54:
I dont blame you, i blame fashola 4 nt deporting you when he had the chance, olofo step outta line and Raji will send you back to peter obi... Ode aye
Fashola's anti-poor policies will make it expedient for you to be deported to your ogbomosho cave before me,yeriba wretch.
Re: Lagos Bans Hawking Of Drugs by osymary: 9:53am On Sep 23, 2013
abeg ooo mek dem ban am oooo, even @ berger cemant here, mallam dey cell drugs ooo. u can imagine how bad it is. guess wat they sell...
Re: Lagos Bans Hawking Of Drugs by meccuno: 12:19pm On Sep 23, 2013
these tribal fools have started today...why cant we just comment and leave out any tribe from the discussion.....why are some people so daft..... angry
Re: Lagos Bans Hawking Of Drugs by Cutekid54: 3:15pm On Sep 23, 2013
[quote author=meccuno]these tribal fools have started today...why cant we just comment and leave out any tribe from the discussion.....why are some people so daft..... angry[/quot
pot calling kettle black, abeg ynash well
Re: Lagos Bans Hawking Of Drugs by Cutekid54: 3:18pm On Sep 23, 2013
ichidodo: Fashola's anti-poor policies will make it expedient for you to be deported to your ogbomosho cave before me,yeriba wretch.

i need you to understand that i am not the cause of your wretchedness

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Edo State- Oshiomole Where Are The Industries / Sanction Violators Of Broadcast Code - Lai Mohammed Orders NBC / Electoral (amendment) Bill 2018 Not Declined Presidential Assent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.