Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,823 members, 7,851,751 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 07:14 AM

Kenya Mall Under Attack From Islamic Terrorists (Pictures) - Politics (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kenya Mall Under Attack From Islamic Terrorists (Pictures) (151319 Views)

"We Are Under Attack From APC " -- PDP Raises Alarm / Jonathan At OIC Summit With Leaders From Islamic Countries (photo) / What Islamic Terrorists In Iraq (ISIS) Did To Mosul Christians: Graphic Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (90) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Mall Under Attack From Islamic Terrorists (Pictures) by GHPATRIOT(m): 4:10pm On Sep 22, 2013
Sagaman:

I am not blaming them for terrorist attacking them. That is what terrorism normally is: "unexpected".

I am blaming them for their unplanned and unprofessional response.

Apparently such criticism of the repeated sub-standard and failure of how Africans do things is pontification.

But I am happy to be called "Pontiff"!

African loves to celebrate their mediocrity even when with the same resources employed they could be reasonably good.

How do you want the Kenyans to handle it? What is the difference between kenya's method and the Indian(india is not an African country) method?
This is not Hollywood where the chief negotiator volunteers to sit with the terrorists and negotiate demands.
These guys(al-shabab) do not intend coming out alive.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Mall Under Attack From Islamic Terrorists (Pictures) by Jakumo(m): 4:11pm On Sep 22, 2013
Happywoman: Ok we have heard ur point loud and clear encyclopediaSagamitica ? The situation is live and going on as we type .
Pray sir, what is your suggestion on the way forward?
We can't start training the Kenyan Force now using your curriculum .That will be next semesters pre-requisite course for them.
so for the NOW proffer a solution from your arsenal of knowledge or forever hold your peace.

Kenyans Stay Strong!

Oya, Encyclopedia Sagamitica, respond to this simple request with immediate effect and alacrity.

4 Likes

Re: Kenya Mall Under Attack From Islamic Terrorists (Pictures) by Sagaman: 4:14pm On Sep 22, 2013
Happywoman:
Ok we have heard ur point loud and clear encyclopediaSagamitica ? The situation is live and going on as we type .
Pray sir, what is your suggestion on the way forward?
We can't start training the Kenyan Force now using your curriculum .That will be next semesters pre-requisite course for them.
so for the NOW proffer a solution from your arsenal of knowledge or forever hold your peace.

Kenyans Stay Strong!

I am not a security expert.

But my common sense would tell me that (and I am writing this inchoately):

- First get a master plan of the building.
- Sweep it room by room, floor by floor and even all the ventilation systems to see if there is anyone hiding there or injured to rescue. And to find where the terrorists are.
- Once you know the locations in the building the terrorists are, secure it and cordon it with your armed officers without engaging in a fight.
- Then start negotiating but be ready to go in if you hear one shot.
- Negotiators can possibly help you get at least any kid hostage out.
Re: Kenya Mall Under Attack From Islamic Terrorists (Pictures) by sCun: 4:14pm On Sep 22, 2013
Sagaman:

Well, it is not rocket science to be developed in these simple security tactics.

But saying that is apparently mere "pontification".
I am still waiting for you to suggest a soulution to this stand-off now. Are you waiting for them to take action then you look for faults? Typical armchair critic. People are living a real life and being useful to their society (like the security operatives), all you do is argue over the internet 24/7 claiming to be intelligent. SMH

1 Like

Re: Kenya Mall Under Attack From Islamic Terrorists (Pictures) by Horus(m): 4:14pm On Sep 22, 2013

Shoppers running out as a shooting took place at Westgate shopping mall in Nairobi
Re: Kenya Mall Under Attack From Islamic Terrorists (Pictures) by 50calibre(m): 4:14pm On Sep 22, 2013
babestella: Simple solution, use sleeping gas in the mall to put everyone to sleep, then sort the people out with their IDs and other means of identification. My 1kobo solution.

FYI, bombs went off in a church in Peshawar, Pakistan. More than 60 people are already dead and hundreds seriously injured. The work of terrorists.

Not a safe option at all. this option was tried out in Russia few years ago when Chechnyan terrorist stormed a theatre, it didnt end too well

First! To use a sleeping gas, you need access to the vents, then you need to get the right amount to knock people out but not kill them.

You also have to get the right quantity sufficient to knock the terrorist out quick enough before they realise they are being drugged else they execute every hostage.

Then you need to have the anti-dote handy, so as soon the operation is over, the reviving begins

A very tricky balance, one I doubt any African country can deal with.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Mall Under Attack From Islamic Terrorists (Pictures) by iHustle(m): 4:16pm On Sep 22, 2013
Islamists also murdered over 70 Christians in Pakistan today. I don't think there has ever been a day when Muslims do not kill others or each other since the advent of Islam.

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Mall Under Attack From Islamic Terrorists (Pictures) by sCun: 4:17pm On Sep 22, 2013
Sagaman:

- Sweep it room by room, floor by floor and even all the ventilation systems to see if there is anyone hiding there or injured to rescue. And to find where the terrorists are.
- Once you know the locations in the building the terrorists are, secure it and cordon it with your armed officers without engaging in a fight.
The terrorist posted on their twitter account that negotiation is out of the question. As for sweeping the mall room by room, what will the terrorists be doing while that happens? Isn't that putting the lives of the hostages in danger?What if they aren't just confined to one room? Next suggestion please, MR Intelligent.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Mall Under Attack From Islamic Terrorists (Pictures) by Sagaman: 4:19pm On Sep 22, 2013
Beey: I get what you mean,but perfection in such a situation is hard to attain when there are a million thoughts running through one's mind.The fact that he put his life at risk is more important than what he should have done & didn't do or what he wasn't supposed to do & he did.The fact that he went in to save lives is much more important,the rest are secondary.

Correction: this is not about perfection. This is about being good.

Good training gets your brain to handle the million thoughts in your mind. This why it shows these people are not trained.

He put is life at risk is good, but it takes just a little sense and hardly no extra cost to be a million times better.

Such failure to be a million times better is repeatedly exemplified by Africa operators.

No wonder all Nigerian airways ALWAYS fail!

GH PATRIOT:

How do you want the Kenyans to handle it? What is the difference between kenya's method and the Indian(india is not an African country) method?
This is not Hollywood where the chief negotiator volunteers to sit with the terrorists and negotiate demands.
These guys(al-shabab) do not intend coming out alive.

I don't know how Indians handled theirs.

But what is your point?

If Indians are hopeless it justifies Africans to be hopeless?
Re: Kenya Mall Under Attack From Islamic Terrorists (Pictures) by Happywoman(f): 4:21pm On Sep 22, 2013
Double post.
Re: Kenya Mall Under Attack From Islamic Terrorists (Pictures) by Happywoman(f): 4:22pm On Sep 22, 2013
Sagaman:

As they say in Naija pidgin English "person wen dey use mouth drive motor ,no dey get accident" .
Go figure.

Kenya Stay Strong!
God answers prayers!

7 Likes

Re: Kenya Mall Under Attack From Islamic Terrorists (Pictures) by achimotan(m): 4:28pm On Sep 22, 2013
cowards. why don't they attack military camps or bases instead of attacking defenceless civilians.God would judge and punish them all.
@ patriot pls let it go
Re: Kenya Mall Under Attack From Islamic Terrorists (Pictures) by 50calibre(m): 4:28pm On Sep 22, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
[size=28pt]I PRAY TO THE GODS TO FORGIVE ME PEOPLE FOR ABANDONING THEM!

THIS PUNISHMENT IS TOO HARSH! WE ARE TRULY CURSED!

FOR WE KNOW THAT THE GODS ARE JUST AND HAVE NO MERCY ON SINNERS.[/size]

Go away with your inanimate gods, I'd urinate on your gods

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Mall Under Attack From Islamic Terrorists (Pictures) by PAGAN9JA(m): 4:29pm On Sep 22, 2013
50calibre:

Watch your mouth. Can you urinate on the Creator Force who is responsible for your very existence?

Can you urinate on the God of wisdom and knowledge?
Re: Kenya Mall Under Attack From Islamic Terrorists (Pictures) by achimotan(m): 4:30pm On Sep 22, 2013
double
Re: Kenya Mall Under Attack From Islamic Terrorists (Pictures) by Happywoman(f): 4:31pm On Sep 22, 2013
Re: Kenya Mall Under Attack From Islamic Terrorists (Pictures) by sCun: 4:32pm On Sep 22, 2013
Sagaman:

person, so are you suggesting they should not sweep the rooms? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

They should sit outside and do nothing?

Or even go home?

How can you be so moronic to critique sweeping of rooms?

You think that is just some hollywood tactic Sagamite is using his mouth to drive motor with? grin grin grin grin grin grin

And you people would get annoyed when I call you fucktards.
Your suggestion is useless. ''sweeping the rooms'' can put the lives of the hostages in greater danger and the terrorists aren't willing to negotiate. So you see, it isn't as easy as you think. It is always easier to criticise the the deed has been done. Just check out the kind of thrash you brought up as a suggestion. SMH profusely.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Mall Under Attack From Islamic Terrorists (Pictures) by roymary: 4:33pm On Sep 22, 2013
achimotan: cowards. why don't they attack military camps or bases instead of attacking defenceless civilians.God would judge and punish all of them.
@ patriot pls let it go

Bad idea! They get 20 Virgins each for that. Not 72.
Re: Kenya Mall Under Attack From Islamic Terrorists (Pictures) by sCun: 4:34pm On Sep 22, 2013
50calibre:

Hahaha
Re: Kenya Mall Under Attack From Islamic Terrorists (Pictures) by Sagaman: 4:34pm On Sep 22, 2013
Happywoman:
Did I hit home?
Well if it stings u too much, run to Westgate now , and show those guys who the erudite hostage expert u claim u really are.
that's the only way I will beleive u are really vexed.

Kenyan People Stand Resolute!

No, you did not hit home.

You just did not make sense.

You ask me a question thinking I would get stuck but when I used just pure common sense to tell you what should happen next, you came up with you beer parlour arguments.

Now can you hit home with something that meets the threshold of sensible?
Re: Kenya Mall Under Attack From Islamic Terrorists (Pictures) by pendo89(f): 4:37pm On Sep 22, 2013
IT SHALL BE WELL.I CONGRATULATE THE KENYAN PEOPLE FOR THE SUPPORT THEY HAVE SHOWN TOWARDS THE VICTIMS.
LOTS OF DONATIONS AND BLOOD.
CONGRATS TO THE SECURITY FORCES ,SO MANY WOULD HAVE PERISHED HAD THEY NOT STEPPED IN ON TIME,THEY ARE STILL ON SCENE.
59 DEAD,MANY INJURED, THE TERRORISTS ARE NOW CORNERED,
SHAME ON THEM WE WILL NOT BE COWED BY ISLAMIC TERRORISTS,KENYA GROWS STRONGER WITH EACH ATTACK.

offering 'expert solutions' online is not helpful.The situation on the ground is deadly and the best team of local and foreign experts are doing their level best not to compromise the lives of the hostages.
They know the tactics to employ.
Re: Kenya Mall Under Attack From Islamic Terrorists (Pictures) by ceejayluv(m): 4:38pm On Sep 22, 2013
Sagaman:

Talk of sweeping room by room. There's nothing you highlighted there I can't see being done.... (as for the building plan, they can only contact the owners of the building. Building plans don't appear magically.

Re: Kenya Mall Under Attack From Islamic Terrorists (Pictures) by GHPATRIOT(m): 4:41pm On Sep 22, 2013
Sagaman:

I don't know how Indians handled theirs.

But what is your point?

If Indians are hopeless it justifies Africans to be hopeless?

Sagaman:

African loves to celebrate their
mediocrity even when with the
same resources employed they could
be reasonably good.

I only brought Indian into the equation because of your rant that Africans celeberate mediocrity.
The indians had a similar situation when pakistan terrorists stormed a Hotel in Mumbai.
What the kenyans are doing is what any commited security service in the world would do.
You are just sad to see black people handling their affairs and not taking orders from white gays.

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (90) (Reply)

2019 Governorship Election Results In Nigeria As Announced By INEC / Kogi Governorship Election 2019: Updates, Results, Reports And Live Monitoring / Buhari's Picture Doctored To Add Face Masks To Deceive Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.