Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,722 members, 7,816,973 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:47 PM

Why I Lament For Nigeria...mr. President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Lament For Nigeria...mr. President (941 Views)

Fuel Scarcity: Nigerians Lament Lack Of Petrol (see Tweets) / Mammoth Crowd Waiting For Mr President In Kano / Is Tompolo Alias Governor Bigger Than Nigeria? Mr President + Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Lament For Nigeria...mr. President by Sirniyeh(m): 4:21am On Sep 22, 2013
Our society rewards corrupt people, Jonathan laments
on september 18, 2013 at 12:40 am in news By EMMA UJAH, Abuja Bureau
Chief President Goodluck Jonathan, yesterday, expressed his frustration in the fight against corruption in the country, over what he described as a retrogressive system through which the society rewards corrupt people, rather than punish them. Addressing the Nigerian Economic Society’s 54th Annual Conference, in Abuja, President Jonathan lamented that corruption has permeated both public and private sectors and has continued to hamper the nation’s desired accelerated development because members of the society were used to celebrating corrupt people. President Jonathan who admitted fear of being attacked, said he would not mention names, but urged all good-spirited members of the society to join the fight against corruption which he said must not be left to the government alone.
"My fear is that we have some hardnuts in this nation who are estreemly had to crack but with help of individual, I assure there is hope for Nigeria.." said President

Re: Why I Lament For Nigeria...mr. President by talk2hb1(m): 4:28am On Sep 22, 2013
Crocodile tears undecided
Re: Why I Lament For Nigeria...mr. President by LordMecuzy(m): 4:49am On Sep 22, 2013
Na Unemployed Graduate Like Me Go Stop Corruption? Abi na You As President Go put in Checks To Stop Corruption.

Omo Finally Second Position Tins,

Afterall Tyson gay wey dey always Carry Second na Still Celebrity wink cool
Re: Why I Lament For Nigeria...mr. President by Patdedon(m): 5:09am On Sep 22, 2013
You are the leader. Lead by example
Re: Why I Lament For Nigeria...mr. President by 247notire(m): 5:21am On Sep 22, 2013
Whr am I?
Re: Why I Lament For Nigeria...mr. President by Sirniyeh(m): 5:48am On Sep 22, 2013
talk2hb1: Crocodile tears undecided
I know that truth is not always welcome in this nation. What gives Jona depressed concern is His life in the hands of the cabals! He is daily facing numberless threats of his life peradventure h dares expose them. So he is confused and cherishes his wife so much. Because all threats and targets is on his wife
Re: Why I Lament For Nigeria...mr. President by Nobody: 6:03am On Sep 22, 2013
Every man should know his capacity.
Re: Why I Lament For Nigeria...mr. President by batstan(m): 6:19am On Sep 22, 2013
Sirniyeh:
I know that truth is not always welcome in this nation. What gives Jona depressed concern is His life in the hands of the cabals! He is daily facing numberless threats of his life peradventure h dares expose them. So he is confused and cherishes his wife so much. Because all threats and targets is on his wife
So what are u saying? I hope you know the extent of his power as the C-in-C?
Re: Why I Lament For Nigeria...mr. President by Nobody: 7:44am On Sep 22, 2013
Re: Why I Lament For Nigeria...mr. President by traffickz(m): 7:54am On Sep 22, 2013
Am cying too MR president!!!

Regretting the day I supported and campaigned for U to be Voted.
Am voting AGAINST you ccome 2015. Then its going to be WEEPING all the way.

1 Like

Re: Why I Lament For Nigeria...mr. President by Sirniyeh(m): 11:08am On Sep 22, 2013
batstan: So what are u saying? I hope you know the extent of his power as the C-in-C?
Jona is just a Figure-head presido. He is Commander-in-chief for nothing. It's now I support others to tag him a kindergaten presido.
Re: Why I Lament For Nigeria...mr. President by gerald09(m): 1:03pm On Sep 22, 2013
Mr Jonathan abeg don't say such thing. As the president of Nigeria you are suppose to be Nigeria greatest fan the day u campaigned and won the election that's the day you signed your life to the betterment of your greatest mentor(Nigeria). Your life is supposed to be threatened that's what change is all about. Saying such tin just shows ur cowardness so if u were lookin for sympathy you just shot urself on d foot. If this is d kind of C-in-C the SS, SE and the rest are fighting to protect I fink we shuld just give up now cos our commander has said we has already lost the war against corruption.
Re: Why I Lament For Nigeria...mr. President by Nobody: 1:07pm On Sep 22, 2013
To ur tents oh isreal!
Re: Why I Lament For Nigeria...mr. President by agbameta: 1:14pm On Sep 22, 2013
Oponuchukwu, we gave you the job to fight corrupotion, not to sidon like mumu and keep lamenting like a dullard that you really are. Funny how you are the leading rewarder of corruption in the world, you reward corrupt AIGs with National awards and government jobs in your administration, you pardon corrupt entities and convicts.

Shut up and swallow your own dumb rubbish... damn! What a con man.
Re: Why I Lament For Nigeria...mr. President by Sirniyeh(m): 10:59pm On Sep 22, 2013
Jonathan is the first president in the world to publicly declared that he is incapable of arresting the enemy of his nation's economic progress. What a shame!
....what does it mean for a president to say "it's just that i can not menion their names".....shai shege barawo bansa
Re: Why I Lament For Nigeria...mr. President by Sirniyeh(m): 6:28am On Sep 23, 2013
agbameta: Oponuchukwu, we gave you the job to fight corrupotion, not to sidon like mumu and keep lamenting like a dullard that you really are. Funny how you are the leading rewarder of corruption in the world, you reward corrupt AIGs with National awards and government jobs in your administration, you pardon corrupt entities and convicts.

Shut up and swallow your own dumb rubbish... damn! What a con man.
a rewarder of corruption is also a corrupt personality
Re: Why I Lament For Nigeria...mr. President by Sirniyeh(m): 5:18pm On Sep 25, 2013
Jonathan seriously needs prayer

(1) (Reply)

What Will Happen In Northern Nigeria If Gej Recontest And Winn / Warning: Leave Stella Oduah Alone – N-delta Group (October 24, 2013) / Lai Muhammed Defends Oshiomole On Edo Widow Statement. "Go And Die"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.