Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,298 members, 7,815,522 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:54 PM

Please, Can We Ban Religion? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Please, Can We Ban Religion? (1110 Views)

Pastor Chris Oyakilome DID NOT Ban Singer , Sinach From Singing In His Church / Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... / Shall We Ban Religion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please, Can We Ban Religion? by Orikinla(m): 11:54am On Sep 22, 2013
PLEASE, CAN WE BAN RELIGION?
Let us call a spade a spade.
The world will be better and safer without religion.
And before the legions of re-tarded people misunderstand me.
Even a year old baby knows you don't need any religion to believe in God and be good to your fellow humans.
All you need is a good conscience and commonsense.
Even a child knows that to hit another kid is wrong and to share a lollipop is good.
So let us stop hitting ourselves and start sharing more lollipops without playing MY RELIGION IS HOLIER THAN YOURS.
God is neither a Christian nor a Muslim and lest we forget He is not bothered about gay rights too.
All He asked for is simple, LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF and He never created any religion.

The governments are the causes of the religious crises destroying innocent lives today, because governments favor one religion more than another.

In Nigeria, the stupid government is even the official travel agent of the Muslims going to Mecca for the Hajj and have paid the airfares of hundreds of thousands of Muslims from tax payers money and then allowed 19 states to impose their Sharia Law on people in their states and yet claims to be a secular state?
Now they have created their Frankenstein's monster called Boko Haram that is on rampage in the northern Nigeria.
PLEASE, LET US BAN RELIGION.

Source: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/social/Orikinla

2 Likes

Re: Please, Can We Ban Religion? by Nobody: 12:02pm On Sep 22, 2013
Lol, na Oga Orikinla be this?

grin
Re: Please, Can We Ban Religion? by Nobody: 12:08pm On Sep 22, 2013
[size=15pt]No!!![/size]
Re: Please, Can We Ban Religion? by Orikinla(m): 12:16pm On Sep 22, 2013
aManFromMars: Lol, na Oga Orikinla be this?

grin

Yes. Ban religion.

God is not even religious.
Re: Please, Can We Ban Religion? by Orikinla(m): 12:17pm On Sep 22, 2013
striktlymi: [size=15pt]No!!![/size]
Yes.
The sooner we ban religion the better and safer we would be.

1 Like

Re: Please, Can We Ban Religion? by Nobody: 12:21pm On Sep 22, 2013
Orikinla:
Yes.

Says who??

Humans are inherently dangerous. It's part of our nature and we do not need to be religious to unleash this hidden demon. Lack of religion will not make the world any better than it is now.

1 Like

Re: Please, Can We Ban Religion? by Babamide(m): 12:26pm On Sep 22, 2013
Religion is the opium of the people. If there is no religion, what do u want people to look forward to??
Re: Please, Can We Ban Religion? by UyiIredia(m): 12:59pm On Sep 22, 2013
Orikinla:
Yes.

Not entirely. Religious institutions inherit flaws associated with communities eg stictures, the strife from competition or disagreements, financial brouhahas etc but that doesn't take away the good they have done. I reccommend a TED talk by an atheist, Alaine de Botton on these good aspects. That said, like him (Alaine) I also don't see religious superstructures as compulsory, but they are okay, for a lot of people whose lives revolve around religion.

Put simply, I agree that you don't need religion, not even Jesus, to believe in God but it doesn't follow that religion must go because of that.
Re: Please, Can We Ban Religion? by joywendy(f): 1:31pm On Sep 22, 2013
wow this ur topic ehn sha i get where u are going with this,but lets be sincere with ourselves.religion is one of d many reasons 4 chaos in the world.note i sed 'one',removin religion wont stop ppl 4rm being corrupt and killing themselves. It can make tins worse has ppl will lose hope and faith.wat u should be saying is that ppl should try and respect each others religion and not be comparing it 2 one anoda and critizing

1 Like

Re: Please, Can We Ban Religion? by Orikinla(m): 2:25pm On Sep 22, 2013
Babamide: Religion is the opium of the people. If there is no religion, what do u want people to look forward to??

There are people without any religion and they are doing great.
Their work is their religion.
Re: Please, Can We Ban Religion? by Orikinla(m): 2:28pm On Sep 22, 2013
joywendy: wwow this ur topic ehn sha i get where u are going with this,but lets be sincere with ourselves.religion is one of d many reasons 4 chaos in the world.note i sed 'one',removin religion wont stop ppl 4rm being corrupt and killing themselves. It can make tins worse has ppl will lose hope and faith.wat u should be saying is that ppl should try and respect each others religion and not be comparing it 2 one anoda and critizina

Please, what I mean is not dumping your faith.
You can believe in God without following any of these holier than thou religions causing divisions and chaos in the world.
And you can be morally upright without any religious affiliation.

1 Like

Re: Please, Can We Ban Religion? by Orikinla(m): 2:39pm On Sep 22, 2013
See "The Kingdom of God Is Within You" Leo Tolstoy.

The title of the book is taken from Luke 17:21. In the book Tolstoy speaks of the principle of non-violent resistance when confronted by violence, as taught by Jesus Christ. When Christ says to turn the other cheek, Tolstoy asserts that Christ means to abolish the violence, even the defensive kind, and to give up the vengeance. Tolstoy rejects the interpretation of Roman and medieval scholars who attempted to limit its scope.

“How can you kill people, when it is written in God’s commandment: ‘Thou shalt not murder’?”

Tolstoy took the viewpoint that all governments who waged war are an affront to Christian principles. As the Russian Orthodox Church was - at the time - an organization merged with the Russian state and fully supporting state's policy, Tolstoy sought to separate its teachings from what he believed to be the true gospel of Christ, specifically the Sermon on the Mount.

Tolstoy advocated non-violence as a solution to nationalist woes and as a means for seeing the hypocrisy of the church. In reading Jesus' words in the Gospels, Tolstoy notes that the modern church is a heretical creation:

“Nowhere nor in anything, except in the assertion of the Church, can we find that God or Christ founded anything like what churchmen understand by the Church.”

Tolstoy presented excerpts from magazines and newspapers relating various personal experiences, and gave keen insight into the history of non-resistance from the very foundation of Christianity, as being professed by a minority of believers. In particular, he confronts those who seek to maintain status quo:
Re: Please, Can We Ban Religion? by mumumugu(m): 2:44pm On Sep 22, 2013
Ban okrinka
he has been opening ten threads every day
lets call a spade a spade
nairaland would be better without him
he opens ten threads a day five of which are senceless and none making front page
two weeks ago,he was thanking God,today,he is asking to ban religion
he is just seeking for cheap popularity.

With these few points of mine,hope i have convinced you to ban him
Re: Please, Can We Ban Religion? by Ajibam: 3:24pm On Sep 22, 2013
ban religion, but you can't ban Christianity. it is a lifestyle not religion...
Re: Please, Can We Ban Religion? by EvilBrain1(m): 5:04pm On Sep 22, 2013
Ajibam: ban religion, but you can't ban Christianity. it is a lifestyle not religion...

Christianity is not a religion...

...its an industry.

4 Likes

Re: Please, Can We Ban Religion? by Ajibam: 5:16pm On Sep 22, 2013
Evil Brain:

Christianity is not a religion...

...its an industry.
an industry based on shining light to the world...we are lamp placed on lampstand, we give light to the whole earth...we are the salt of the world
Re: Please, Can We Ban Religion? by EvilBrain1(m): 5:52pm On Sep 22, 2013
Ajibam:
an industry based on shining light to the world...we are lamp placed on lampstand, we give light to the whole earth...we are the salt of the world

[img]http://s0.wp.com/imgpress?url=http://i.qkme.me/359gg6.jpg[/img]

1 Like

Re: Please, Can We Ban Religion? by Ajibam: 6:23pm On Sep 22, 2013
Evil Brain:

[img]http://s0.wp.com/imgpress?url=http://i.qkme.me/359gg6.jpg[/img]
where is the industry?
Re: Please, Can We Ban Religion? by Nobody: 6:26pm On Sep 22, 2013
Ajibam:

Shining light? Lol. Probably you mean lighting up the anal crevices of young boys and women all over the world.
Re: Please, Can We Ban Religion? by EvilBrain1(m): 6:31pm On Sep 22, 2013
Ajibam:
where is the industry?

They herd sheep and milk them of all their cash.
Re: Please, Can We Ban Religion? by Nobody: 6:38pm On Sep 22, 2013
LMAO ...

I really think Religion will be ban to people's room in some future !!!

Tis gonna be a satanic conspiracy and ETT grin !!!
Re: Please, Can We Ban Religion? by Orikinla(m): 7:57pm On Sep 22, 2013
Re: Please, Can We Ban Religion? by Orikinla(m): 8:09pm On Sep 22, 2013
YOU DON'T NEED RELIGION TO BELIEVE IN GOD.

JOB WAS NOT A JEW OR A CHRISTIAN.
Re: Please, Can We Ban Religion? by Zeebah23(f): 10:45pm On Sep 22, 2013
It's not about the person whom we believe in,it's about the 'agent' e.g Prophet Muhammad (SAW),Jesus Christ etc.
If only people could:
1). Follow this rule 'love thy neighbour'.
2). Believe there is a supreme being up there who'll punish evildoers.
The world will be a better place as there will be no religion and denomination.
Re: Please, Can We Ban Religion? by Ajibam: 12:56am On Sep 23, 2013
aManFromMars:

Shining light? Lol. Probably you mean lighting up the anal crevices of young boys and women all over the world.

nope...I mean the whole earth .to all the people that are living in darkness
Re: Please, Can We Ban Religion? by Ajibam: 12:58am On Sep 23, 2013
Evil Brain:

They herd sheep and milk them of all their cash.
now I get you...but still you are baseless
Re: Please, Can We Ban Religion? by Ajibam: 1:00am On Sep 23, 2013
Orikinla: YOU DON'T NEED RELIGION TO BELIEVE IN GOD.

JOB WAS NOT A JEW OR A CHRISTIAN.
he is an atheist?
Re: Please, Can We Ban Religion? by Orikinla(m): 12:28pm On Sep 23, 2013
Ajibam:
he is an atheist?

When Job knew God there was no Judaism and no Christianity.

Lest we forget, God never created Judaism or Christianity.
Jesus Christ did not tell his believers and followers to start any religion and he never sent them to build church buildings.
[size=18pt]
And Jesus said unto him, Foxes have holes, and birds of the air have nests; but the Son of man hath not where to lay his head.
~ Luke 9:58, King James Version (KJV).[/size]

Luke 17:20-30

King James Version (KJV)

Jesus Christ preached the Kingdom of God and not what most so called Christian preachers are preaching these days in denominational competition of "My Church is holier than yours".

[size=18pt]
20 And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:

21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

22 And he said unto the disciples, The days will come, when ye shall desire to see one of the days of the Son of man, and ye shall not see it.

23 And they shall say to you, See here; or, see there: go not after them, nor follow them.

24 For as the lightning, that lighteneth out of the one part under heaven, shineth unto the other part under heaven; so shall also the Son of man be in his day.

25 But first must he suffer many things, and be rejected of this generation.

26 And as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man.

27 They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all.

28 Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded;

29 But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all.

30 Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed.
~ Luke 17:20-30
King James Version (KJV)[/size]

God never created Islam.
Re: Please, Can We Ban Religion? by joywendy(f): 1:24am On Oct 05, 2013
Orikinla:

Please, what I mean is not dumping your faith.
You can believe in God without following any of these holier than thou religions causing divisions and chaos in the world.
And you can be morally upright without any religious affiliation.
mmm I see ur point. But How if I may ask?
Re: Please, Can We Ban Religion? by joywendy(f): 1:48am On Oct 05, 2013
Ajibam:
he is an atheist?
omo see jamb question!are u confused Abi u don miss road? Do u know the meaning of dat word u are saying?! I tink not. So bcuz sme 1 aint jew or christian. They are athiest undecided.na wa! I shock n surprise at dat statement.it would ve been better to just ask what he was dan sayin dat! Chai

(1) (Reply)

The MEME Thread! Post Your Meme's Of All Beliefs Here! Only Text On Image Here! / Bizzare! Naked Bath In ‘pool Of Bethesda’(photo) / Why Do People Touch Their Chest After Exchanging A Handshake?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.