Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,321 members, 7,819,101 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:18 AM

Wearing Your Wedding Band As A Widow/widower - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Wearing Your Wedding Band As A Widow/widower (2037 Views)

Please Do This Before Wearing Your Shoes (Must See Pic) / Getting Married To A Widower / Adjusting To Life As A Widower (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wearing Your Wedding Band As A Widow/widower by BibiBasy(f): 12:07pm On Sep 22, 2013
During marriage solemnizations, couples usually make vows to stick together TILL DEATH do them part, and same is sealed with a band (wedding ring). After your spouse's death, you are free to remarry,if you choose to. Is it okay to continue wearing the ring you exchanged with your late spouse if you choose not to remarry? Or buy another ring for your new spouse while you still wear the old one? Your views please
Re: Wearing Your Wedding Band As A Widow/widower by BibiBasy(f): 3:35pm On Sep 23, 2013
Don't just view oo. Pls say something!!
Re: Wearing Your Wedding Band As A Widow/widower by Nobody: 12:21am On Sep 24, 2013
I don't think it is proper to wear the ring from a deceased spouse while remarried
The new husband should give the woman a new ring to commemorate their union

As for taking off the ring after the man dies,it should be determined by the widow when and if she chooses to take it off.
We all grieve differently so I don't think there should be a hard and fast rule about that
If she wants it off,good,if she wants to wear the ring forever as a symbol to remember the man she loved and lost,she should not be judged.
Re: Wearing Your Wedding Band As A Widow/widower by Kanwulia: 12:40am On Sep 24, 2013
Why wear a wedding-band when YOUR GOD has served you your DIE-vorce PAPPPAZZZZ? undecided

Are you a BIANCA KEKE-OJUKWU? grin
I will do no such thing!!!

FIAAAAAKWA!!!!
Re: Wearing Your Wedding Band As A Widow/widower by baby124: 2:05am On Sep 24, 2013
Kanwulia: Why wear a wedding-band when YOUR GOD has served you your DIE-vorce PAPPPAZZZZ? undecided

FIAAAAAKWA!!!!
Kanwulia looking for trouble again. Hahahaha

Op,
A woman who can remarry should have decided before remarrying to remove the ring out of respect for the new man. As for an unmarried widow, she can take her time
Re: Wearing Your Wedding Band As A Widow/widower by BibiBasy(f): 8:23pm On Oct 25, 2013
Kanwulia: Why wear a wedding-band when YOUR GOD has served you your DIE-vorce PAPPPAZZZZ? undecided

FIAAAAAKWA!!!!
hhhhhhmmmmmm..... na u sabi d name wey u mention ni. i no dey ooo. lol
Re: Wearing Your Wedding Band As A Widow/widower by Nobody: 8:28pm On Oct 25, 2013

FIAAAAAKWA!!!!

Chilax

@op it balls down to the woman. But for me, i see no need wearing it
Re: Wearing Your Wedding Band As A Widow/widower by Kanwulia: 5:54am On Oct 26, 2013
Free will!
Free world!!!
What ever floats! kiss
Re: Wearing Your Wedding Band As A Widow/widower by gunpoint(m): 3:03am On Aug 27, 2015
BibiBasy:
During marriage solemnizations, couples usually make vows to stick together TILL DEATH do them part, and same is sealed with a band (wedding ring). After your spouse's death, you are free to remarry,if you choose to. Is it okay to continue wearing the ring you exchanged with your late spouse if you choose not to remarry? Or buy another ring for your new spouse while you still wear the old one? Your views please
You wan kill you husband shei angry
See the wall for your back like linda ikeji black gate.

(1) (Reply)

Should We Be Worried About My Younger Brother New Development / "It Is Disrespectful To Eat Meat Without My Permission" Man To Girlfriend / House Hold Items For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.