Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,955 members, 7,817,801 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:59 PM

Am Loosing Sight, Please I Need Your Advice to save my education and career. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Am Loosing Sight, Please I Need Your Advice to save my education and career. (677 Views)

Sight Of Boy Taking Sisters To School In Lagos / Please I Need Financial Help Concerning My Education / I need financial help concerning my education. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am Loosing Sight, Please I Need Your Advice to save my education and career. by kingsley989(m): 3:20pm On Sep 22, 2013
I don't know where to start, but I will make my situation brief and i hope your advice will set me back on the right track.
I left secondary school few years back, seeked admission for three (3) years to study in the university since I never liked the polytechnic.I was unlucky and grew frustrated because I did my best, but gained admission to study Electrical/Electrinics Engineering in a polytecnic in 2009. I'm 24 yrs old and currently awaiting admission to go complete my HND, which means I will be graduating at the age of 26 by the grace of God, not forgeting 1 extra year for NYSC. I wish to go further in my education as Bsc is prefared to HND and also need to build a career in Telecom and IT field.
I need directions on how to go about this, as I'm nt getting any younger and knowing most employer hire grads aged below 27 yrs old as freshers. What do I do to cover those wasted years? What do I do to become relevant before graduation? What do I do to realise my dream in few years? Am in pains. Advice me on what to do. Thanks and God bless.
Re: Am Loosing Sight, Please I Need Your Advice to save my education and career. by Nobody: 3:40pm On Sep 22, 2013
From your post, you indicated you gained admission to study in a polytechnic in 2009. By my calculation you should be getting your hnd this year, hw come you just want to start HND?

Also, don't fret about Bsc because serious companies measure performance and intelligence. Get your hnd, professional certications in your field then you are ready to compete favourably in the market. Don't bother wasting another 5 years on Bsc, jus kip getting Certifications.
Re: Am Loosing Sight, Please I Need Your Advice to save my education and career. by kingsley989(m): 9:04pm On Sep 22, 2013
truth_bastille: From your post, you indicated you gained admission to study in a polytechnic in 2009. By my calculation you should be getting your hnd this year, hw come you just want to start HND?

Also, don't fret about Bsc because serious companies measure performance and intelligence. Get your hnd, professional certications in your field then you are ready to compete favourably in the market. Don't bother wasting another 5 years on Bsc, jus kip getting Certifications.
I was ought to go back for HND last year but I didn't due to certain circumstance.
Re: Am Loosing Sight, Please I Need Your Advice to save my education and career. by kingsley989(m): 9:05pm On Sep 22, 2013
truth_bastille: From your post, you indicated you gained admission to study in a polytechnic in 2009. By my calculation you should be getting your hnd this year, hw come you just want to start HND?

Thanks a lot I appreciate your advice. Please can you give me ideas on certifications that will help build a successul career in telecom and IT. God bless.
Re: Am Loosing Sight, Please I Need Your Advice to save my education and career. by kingsley989(m): 12:46pm On Sep 23, 2013
Still awaiting your advice. I plead with profesionals in the field of Telecom and IT should guide me through.
Re: Am Loosing Sight, Please I Need Your Advice to save my education and career. by udoka2: 3:17pm On Sep 23, 2013
@poster,
Dont be fooled with B.Sc and HND discrepancies of 'old', nothing like that in a serious company. those headaches were brought about by banking industry in their reigning days...of course you dont want to work in a bank now.

Look for relevant professional certifications and get specilised in your field... the skye is not even your limit. I work in O&G coy as HR, B.Sc/HND means nothing to us..what matters is what you are brining to the table!
Re: Am Loosing Sight, Please I Need Your Advice to save my education and career. by kingsley989(m): 8:01pm On Sep 23, 2013
udoka2: @poster,
Dont be fooled with B.Sc and HND discrepancies of 'old', nothing like that in a serious company. those headaches were brought about by banking industry in their reigning days...of course you dont want to work in a bank now.

Look for relevant professional certifications and get specilised in your field... the skye is not even your limit. I work in O&G coy as HR, B.Sc/HND means nothing to us..what matters is what you are brining to the table!
Thanks so much and God bless. I will do my best.

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Hope Of Polytechnic Student? / Please Help Me With The Meaning Of This Proverb / A Thread For People Who Don't Know Mathematics/fear For Mathematics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.