Stats: 3,153,424 members, 7,819,532 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:38 PM

ASUU Vows To Continue Strike - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Vows To Continue Strike (32108 Views)

ASUP Resolves To Continue Strike / ASUU Unijos Vows To Continue Strike Despite Presidential Directives / Niger State Polytechnic ASSUP Vows To Continue Strike (2) (3) (4)

Re: ASUU Vows To Continue Strike by Dignitygab(m): 9:58am On Sep 23, 2013
If I tell you guys I complete reading that stuf I'm lying
Re: ASUU Vows To Continue Strike by ennon92(m): 10:15am On Sep 23, 2013
FG,ASUU,NUC re all guilty. Why is dat bastard mounting d blame on FG and NUC... Of wut provision(s) is ASUU using d huge money being paid by students as school fees n other irrelevant fees? Apparently, ASUU is neither d only body educational wise(ASUP,COESU) nor non educational wise(NMA,etc).The Nigerian Medical Association (NMA) didn't embark on such prolong strike unlike ASUU's despite d fact that some public office holders travel n receives treatment abroad,still they(NMA)came to compromise and make do with wut d FG could offer them. Come to think of it, they(NMA) re one of the most important bodies in Nigeria regards to safeguarding d health of the ppl. Moreover, they(NMA) neither sleep wit patients for treatment nor charges them erroneously bills.But reverse is d case with ASUU,still they re forming James Bond.
Moreso, why is it dat d figure head NANS executives re not taking any drastic measures for instance,taking to the street peacfully inother to show their grievances to those who re concerned, by so doing I think it will draw the attention of relevant authorities...

Re: ASUU Vows To Continue Strike by tbagjames(m): 10:44am On Sep 23, 2013
Onwe101: Y did I even open dis thread?ma anger com increase...
please calm down,dont kill yourself of herpertension before the strike is called off
Re: ASUU Vows To Continue Strike by tbagjames(m): 10:45am On Sep 23, 2013
Uyi168: hmm....all is nt well
some are boreholes or taps
Re: ASUU Vows To Continue Strike by tbagjames(m): 10:48am On Sep 23, 2013
Which shrine did they take the vow
Re: ASUU Vows To Continue Strike by steveyen(m): 11:07am On Sep 23, 2013
X111: Ride On ASUU...I dey ur bk o

C u lazy guy. U no go back school abi?

U're supporting d most useless set of pple in history, ASUU.

Wait till they they threaten to fail your sis or girlfriend if she didnt open leg 4 them.
Re: ASUU Vows To Continue Strike by Yomexy007(m): 11:36am On Sep 23, 2013
[quote
...... The ASUU president is jst too adamant, stubborn, uncaring n unfeeling... My words 2 him are ''There have bn Union presidents b4 him n there will still be after him.... Why hold onto one belief blindly n tenaciously? Life shd be taken wt simplicity n flexibility. If FG couldnt do it ryt at d due time, he (ASUU PRESIDENT) shd compromise on his decision n work wt the #100bn @ hand. Fyn, we agree wt d call 2 upgrade the university system infrastructure 2 international standard, yet we shdnt forget ''ROME WASNT BUILT IN A DAY''. Everything abt Nigeria is Nigerian-Specific..... let Nigeria move @ her own pace! And the Clamour 4 earned allowance..... why nt take the #30bn and avoid the issue of huge disparity btw Legislators n Academia salary package? It's why we r still alive that we attach value 2 who we r.... Sooner or Later, the World forgets us... So, why nt hold life liberally?
Re: ASUU Vows To Continue Strike by Onocent(m): 11:46am On Sep 23, 2013
Na until next year be dat ooo,ASUU ahhhhh,FG vs ASUU,which round.I pity those students oooooO.
Re: ASUU Vows To Continue Strike by timwezzb(m): 12:00pm On Sep 23, 2013
ASUU why ME sad sad sad sad sad I spen 4yrs Looking for Admission and now that the admission is here U guys send ME back HOME...Why ME cry cry cry cry cry
Re: ASUU Vows To Continue Strike by Neob04(m): 1:29pm On Sep 23, 2013
Now ASUU and NUC arw shifting blames on the rot in our educational system both of them are to be blame cus its a two way tin. God help this country cus we are too greedy.
Re: ASUU Vows To Continue Strike by abbeyfx2(m): 2:51pm On Sep 23, 2013
Free shipping on any order placed via this link www./agent32 for customers within Lagos between now and October 1st 2013. Place your orders now!!!! Lots of Club Jerseys and electronics....
Re: ASUU Vows To Continue Strike by Hopez456(m): 5:58pm On Sep 23, 2013
[quote author=Teeboy15]
I want to find consolation by wat u said b4 I begin swear for all ASUU members n thr families.
The news is right, moreover, it is a branch of ASUU that released the statement and not the Nec, that is the outcome of the NEC meeting to me is not known. The NUC man have always been blamed so I see no new thing in this. They are all the same ASUU, Nuc, Fg.
Re: ASUU Vows To Continue Strike by renzie: 6:06pm On Sep 23, 2013
einsteino: i think its high time we illegalize strike! because i see selfish interest in every ASUU strike

Our educational system is rotten, that i do not argue. but then again if it were not, most of these so-called professors would never have gotten a phd! we all know how they buy their m.sc, talk more of phd. charity begins at home. ASUU if u r serious abt our educational system, start the clean up from yourselves. Students have demands too!
Sometimes we commit the error of generalization and that is really wrong. The simple reason why you look down on your Professors and Ph.D holders is because you believe inside of you that our standard of education is poor (you feel they are products of a failed education system). When they cry out and take steps to make a change you still misunderstand and insult them. If there's no change, may be tomorrow you end up a professor someone will still classify you as someone that bought his Ph.D
Re: ASUU Vows To Continue Strike by Hopez456(m): 6:11pm On Sep 23, 2013
[quote author=Teeboy15]
I want to find consolation by wat u said b4 I begin swear for all ASUU members n thr families.
The news is right, however, it is a branch of ASUU that released the statement and not the Nec, that is, the outcome of the NEC meeting to me is not known. The NUC man have always been blamed so I see no new thing in this. They are all the same ASUU, Nuc, Fg.
Re: ASUU Vows To Continue Strike by Hearme(m): 7:20pm On Sep 23, 2013
utumunta: How much is the budgetary allocation to the tertiary institutions in Uganda and Ghana that has made Makarere University and that of Legon to be better than most Nigerian universities?
The bitter truth is that the lecturers, in the spirit of Nigerian 'mentality' killed the university system with maladministration, nepotism, dichotomy, sexual gratification, infiltration of their rank by 'commercial intellectuals' and half-wits. Lecturers are too big to engage their students intellectually, these days. Merit has been sacrificed on the altar of gratification(sexual or monetary).
President Jonathan was their member and he knows what happens in the university system. We were students and we know what happens. There are students ,today, that know what happens.
ASUU became a joke when they started awarding honorary degrees to money bags and political buffoons. ASUU shot itself on the foot when they became as cheap as to award marks to female students for some minutes of pleasure. ASUU became a huge joke when serious- minded intellectuals left the shores of this country to seek better accademic environment in universities abroad. MOST of the lecturers left in the country now are pretended-intellectuals who gravitate towards their percunary and intimate interests while cowering before a bunch of numbskulls and clowns that pass off as political leaders. What we have as members of ASUU ,now, are emergency intellectuals that infest our young minds with amputated intellect and GIGO.
This is why they churn out students that are no better. This is why the little funds at their disposal are frittered in the pursuit of frivolities. This is the reason for the moral decadence pervading the institutions. An Ijaw proverb says that "a fish gets rotten from the head".
Why is the university system in Nigeria shut down and the government is not loosing sleep? ASUU is now on the same pedestal with the NURTW. The government accord NUPENG, NMA, NBA etc recognition while they ignore the ASUU that churned these people out and holds the potential for more.
My point is; ASUU is their own problem. The day ASUU wakes up as lecturers, conduct themselves as teachers and engage people like the role models that they ought to be. Until that day, ASUU shall continue to be a mirror of our society- a society of rot and decay-
God bless Nigeria!

You must be s machinery or a fool. Nigerians pay 1 million naira plus in Ghana every session. How much do you pay? Go and find out how much is paid in Kenya and South Africa and stop making noise hear.You spend at least 4million in a UK university for a masters degree.

What you should be saying is, can the government continue to subsidize education? If yes, then invest. If now, then allow the schools to charge their fees. E.g a returning student from Unilag pays 16,000 naira i.e less than 100dollars for a year. The least private school takes in Lagos per term is an average of 40k per term which amounts to about 120k per session. Don't you see the difference in secondary school student who attend state govt schools and those who attend federal and private schools were they were pay for education. The universities are gradually turning to that, as those who study at private schools are beginning to become more employable than those in public universities. Therefore stop talking nonsense.
Re: ASUU Vows To Continue Strike by creativemusic: 7:22pm On Sep 23, 2013
Government that does not sensitive to the education of his citizen, which he also pass thru to become somebody today, now find it difficult to develop it, and do it better than what it has been use to be, please help to complete rest,
Re: ASUU Vows To Continue Strike by Hearme(m): 7:28pm On Sep 23, 2013
Yomexy007: [quote
...... The ASUU president is jst too adamant, stubborn, uncaring n unfeeling... My words 2 him are ''There have bn Union presidents b4 him n there will still be after him.... Why hold onto one belief blindly n tenaciously? Life shd be taken wt simplicity n flexibility. If FG couldnt do it ryt at d due time, he (ASUU PRESIDENT) shd compromise on his decision n work wt the #100bn @ hand. Fyn, we agree wt d call 2 upgrade the university system infrastructure 2 international standard, yet we shdnt forget ''ROME WASNT BUILT IN A DAY''. Everything abt Nigeria is Nigerian-Specific..... let Nigeria move @ her own pace! And the Clamour 4 earned allowance..... why nt take the #30bn and avoid the issue of huge disparity btw Legislators n Academia salary package? It's why we r still alive that we attach value 2 who we r.... Sooner or Later, the World forgets us... So, why nt hold life liberally?

Go and say Rome was not built a day in covenant university. Can't you see that our leaders just keep stealing. When did covenant, landmark, redeemers university, Bowen and Babcock begin? Can't you see the difference? The system of negligence must stop. What has happened in the 9 political universities formed about 3 years ago. Those schools have to be properly funded, else we are just going to remain under the gimmicks of people deceiving peoples party
Re: ASUU Vows To Continue Strike by biomedixexcel(m): 7:37pm On Sep 23, 2013
Pot calling kettle black, ASUU dey craze this time around, I don vex
Re: ASUU Vows To Continue Strike by Hartarmah(m): 7:40pm On Sep 23, 2013
I don't wish ASUU end dis lingering strike until d agreement is honoured by d federal govt.If d strike is called off wtout achieving d aim,it means d students has wasted dia tym cus dey will still resume d strike in lesser tym.Students shld support ASUU so dt Nigeria Universities cn compete well.Can u imagine Nigeria telecommunication telling u dt Republic f Benin university certificate is better d Nigeria cert nd u mst ve it bfore dey employ u.
Re: ASUU Vows To Continue Strike by phreakabit(m): 7:50pm On Sep 23, 2013
Go back to work you bunch of old, unproductive, greedy and excessively lazy farts! I was in support of this movement initially, but it seems there are some hidden agendas behind all this drama. Aren't these the same people churning out half baked "graduates" who can't properly express themselves yearly? If the government should eventually yield to their demands. . . . I wan't a TASK FORCE set up to see that the funds in question goes to good use, and doesn't end up getting shared/looted by these academic bandits.
Re: ASUU Vows To Continue Strike by IYANGBALI: 7:53pm On Sep 23, 2013
Chazzyboy: I've heard Many things i pray may ASUU strike end
no o abeg make dem no call of the strike o,I still dey gbadun myself for London grin
Re: ASUU Vows To Continue Strike by Nobody: 7:57pm On Sep 23, 2013
the planmaker: it is true that Nigerian universities are poorly funded, hence they lack basic teaching and learning facilities. but the major rot in our institutions has little to do with funding. lack of ethics, discipline and standard among those who administer education in Nigeria has been our biggest undoing. the lecturers who collect money in exchange for marks, or demand sexual favours from female students are all ASUU members. they are responsible for the brain drain in the country. so if ASUU is actually fighting for a better educational system, they should start by cleaning their own house first. even with pour funding, if lecturers are determined to teach and do what is right, we ll produce employable graduates ......I think this ASUU strike is all about "earned allowances" nothing more
I wish I could like this post a thousand times.
+10000!
Re: ASUU Vows To Continue Strike by Nobody: 8:50pm On Sep 24, 2013
cry
timwezzb: ASUU why ME sad sad sad sad sad I spen 4yrs Looking for Admission and now that the admission is here U guys send ME back HOME...Why ME cry cry cry cry cry
Mehnnnn,thought I was the only one. This is simply 'back to square 1'. Bad news indeed cry

Nigerian Universities To Revert To Five Point Scale Of Grading System - NUC / Drop One English Word Which Will Make People Check Their Dictionary / Unilag Postgraduate Information Thread 2021/2022 Session