Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,439 members, 7,819,621 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:16 PM

TCN Employs 522 New Engineers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / TCN Employs 522 New Engineers (9355 Views)

FG Employs Ocholi's Son, Gives Others Scholarship / New Peak Power Generation Record Of 4883.9MW - TCN / Fayose Employs 10 Physically-Challenged & Gives Out 35 Wheelchairs (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

TCN Employs 522 New Engineers by awodman: 8:37pm On Sep 22, 2013
In what is a major milestone towards tackling the challenge of electricity transmission in the country, the Transmission Company of Nigeria (TCN) has received newly recruited 522 engineers from the Federal Ministry of Power.

It would be recalled that Chinedu Nebo, minister of power, had in August said the Federal Government had designated $1.6 billion for the expansion of power transmission facilities in the country.

With the increase in the engineering capacity of the TCN, which is saddled with the responsibility of electricity transmission between generation and distribution companies, Nigerians expect better management and maintenance of the nation’s transmission network and improved service delivery by the company.

Receiving the new employees in Abuja, Don Priestman, managing director and chief executive officer of TCN, expressed satisfaction that TCN is bringing in a crop of young and skilled people with the potential to keep the future of the company unfolding as it should.

While charging the new employees to be hard working, he said that TCN holds an extremely satisfying career path for young engineers.

http://businessdayonline.com/2013/09/tcn-gets-522-engineers/

1 Like

Re: TCN Employs 522 New Engineers by kelvincoll(m): 9:27pm On Sep 22, 2013
Good development.Albeit the 500 re breathing the Fresh Air now but there re still millions suffocating from the toxic unemployment air. It's well with Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: TCN Employs 522 New Engineers by taharqa: 9:59pm On Sep 22, 2013
Woo!! 522 at a go, and for just 1 company??....

2 Likes

Re: TCN Employs 522 New Engineers by awodman: 10:09pm On Sep 22, 2013
According to Gov Fayemi..another 500 engineers are to be recruited for the NIPP plants

www.nairaland.com/1366269/500-engineers-recruited-new-power-plants

1 Like

Re: TCN Employs 522 New Engineers by Onlytruth(m): 11:09pm On Sep 22, 2013
since this company is involved in a very critical strategic national development sector, I hope that the engineers were picked BY MERIT not by some stupid quota system. I sincerely hope so!

Nigeria's problem in these types of sectors is not lack of skilled manpower or talent, but the evil of quota system.

HIRE THE BEST NIGERIANS.

12 Likes

Re: TCN Employs 522 New Engineers by taharqa: 9:31am On Sep 23, 2013
awodman: According to Gov Fayemi..another 500 engineers are to be recruited for the NIPP plants

www.nairaland.com/1366269/500-engineers-recruited-new-power-plants
Let them start coming. By d time d new Winners take over d 14 Genco/Discos, and other Private Cops come into d market, d Employment rush during d start of d Telecoms Revo wud be created again... even more
Re: TCN Employs 522 New Engineers by Nobody: 10:05am On Sep 23, 2013
Onlytruth: since this company is involved in a very critical strategic national development sector, I hope that the engineers were picked BY MERIT not by some stupid quota system. I sincerely hope so!

Nigeria's problem in these types of sectors is not lack of skilled manpower or talent, but the evil of quota system.

HIRE THE BEST NIGERIANS.

Liked.
Re: TCN Employs 522 New Engineers by henryskywalker2003(m): 10:05am On Sep 23, 2013
Onlytruth: since this company is involved in a very critical strategic national development sector, I hope that the engineers were picked BY MERIT not by some stupid quota system. I sincerely hope so!

HIRE THE BEST NIGERIANS.

True words my brother. The same thing is crippling our democracy where we practice zoning. Let each party field their BEST candidate and Nigerians will elect the best candidate.
Re: TCN Employs 522 New Engineers by Dygeasy(m): 10:06am On Sep 23, 2013
Maybe This Is The Time All Those Things About Unemployment Will End
Re: TCN Employs 522 New Engineers by SLIDEwaxie(m): 10:06am On Sep 23, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin
we sacked thousands, employ hundreds....

we try na

6 Likes

Re: TCN Employs 522 New Engineers by YoungGame: 10:07am On Sep 23, 2013

HIRE THE BEST NIGERIANS.
oga seun, pls we need ''thumbs up'' button on nairaland

1 Like

Re: TCN Employs 522 New Engineers by kflexxy(m): 10:10am On Sep 23, 2013
How true is this!
Re: TCN Employs 522 New Engineers by kstyle2(m): 10:10am On Sep 23, 2013
Dats 9ce...jst hope itz nt d same engineers dat wrkd 4 d defunct phcn o....i do blv in my country...tinz wil b beta....if gej can fix d power problem,den i promise 2 name my 1st son afta him......

1 Like

Re: TCN Employs 522 New Engineers by chii8(f): 10:13am On Sep 23, 2013
522 only? Hmmn e small oo abi na only my street dem wan serve?
Re: TCN Employs 522 New Engineers by MCynthia(f): 10:14am On Sep 23, 2013
Big lie....Publish the names of the newly recruit let's see! May God help the unemployed nigerians.
Re: TCN Employs 522 New Engineers by Nobody: 10:18am On Sep 23, 2013
[size=15pt]GEJ is working!!

That's the hard truth many have failed to come to terms with[/size]

2 Likes

Re: TCN Employs 522 New Engineers by awodman: 10:20am On Sep 23, 2013

HIRE THE BEST NIGERIANS.

If you have got the time go through this thread for first hand testimony from nairalanders who are amongst those recruited

www.nairaland.com/1236759/transmission-company-nigeria-tcn

3 Likes

Re: TCN Employs 522 New Engineers by Saraben(f): 10:29am On Sep 23, 2013
PortHarcourtBoy: [size=15pt]GEJ is working!!

I pray oh[s]

I pray oh[/s]

I pray oh
Re: TCN Employs 522 New Engineers by taharqa: 10:35am On Sep 23, 2013
SLIDE waxie: grin grin grin grin grin
we sacked thousands, employ hundreds....

we try na
Sacked thousands; paid them millions as Retirement benefits (with which they CAN invest in other businesses and employ others); create a new Private market which wud employ thousands more in d long run, esp new peeps; all in a bid to providing Reliable Power for Nigerians- the Ultimate joker for providing many many many substainable JOBS going further..... I think I like dis Alternative bera

3 Likes

Re: TCN Employs 522 New Engineers by suolboy(m): 10:53am On Sep 23, 2013
please somebody tells me when the ministry of power did the employment cos am looking for work and have reading newspapers everyday without seeing their advert on the national dailies.
please anybody employed here should testify that this is true.

1 Like

Re: TCN Employs 522 New Engineers by husu(m): 10:53am On Sep 23, 2013
Gents, i wrote this test and i wrote very well in Enugu center. With my over 7yrs experience, COREN certification and other certifications. I was not called up for the job. Those men were corrupt from the first day of the exam. They have shared the slots among themselves. But God dey!
Re: TCN Employs 522 New Engineers by alotofgrace(m): 11:03am On Sep 23, 2013
pls iooooo.....I need apply o.....electrical/electronic engineering na him I blast with 2.1 furnace from uniben o....pls o d mod should keep his boy posted kwa.
abume4life@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: TCN Employs 522 New Engineers by dgitrader(m): 11:22am On Sep 23, 2013
awodman:

If you have got the time go through this thread for first hand testimony from nairalanders who are amongst those recruited

www.nairaland.com/1236759/transmission-company-nigeria-tcn

I dont mean to burst your buble, indeed it was QUOTA SYSTEM AND NOT MERIT WAS USED. THIS IS AUTHORITATIVE. The politicians and top govt bureaucrats had their fair shares.
Re: TCN Employs 522 New Engineers by Raybel(m): 11:23am On Sep 23, 2013
This is a complete crap as long as am concerned. Are the giving us a permanent solution to the nation's incessant power outage or a mere improvement? With a wopping $1.6 bn. How many much has this nation spend on power projects alone, yet, we still have nothing to show for it. Still moving in a whirl circle.
Re: TCN Employs 522 New Engineers by Clementh2o(m): 11:40am On Sep 23, 2013
[b][/b]Let them do watever they like undecidedLet them do watever they like
Re: TCN Employs 522 New Engineers by Nobody: 11:48am On Sep 23, 2013
Raybel: This is a complete crap as long as am concerned. Are the giving us a permanent solution to the nation's incessant power outage or a mere improvement? With a wopping $1.6 bn. How many much has this nation spend on power projects alone, yet, we still have nothing to show for it. Still moving in a whirl circle.

Ur mumu de smell

2 Likes

Re: TCN Employs 522 New Engineers by CaptJHMiller: 12:16pm On Sep 23, 2013
it is true, I am a corper with TCN, I don't know about the number though.

The guys they hired are mostly under some sort of training at the TCN, its a 1 year long training, so this recent set was luck they just absorbed them.
Re: TCN Employs 522 New Engineers by chessguru1(m): 12:19pm On Sep 23, 2013
Men! Electrical and mechanical engineering seems 2 be the "in" thing now o!
Re: TCN Employs 522 New Engineers by chessguru1(m): 12:19pm On Sep 23, 2013
Men! Electrical and mechanical engineering seem 2 be the "in" thing now o!

2 Likes

Re: TCN Employs 522 New Engineers by PHENOMCHICKSON: 12:37pm On Sep 23, 2013
ASUU/Fed.Govt. abeg make una do fast calloff! Make I go secure my own employment sharperly!!! By His Grace.

(1) (2) (Reply)

2023 Presidency Sets South East Against South West / Nigeria’s Debt Profile Rises To ₦32.2 Trillion / NJC Recommends Appointment Of 6 Chief Judges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.