Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,394 members, 7,815,840 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:18 PM

TCN Employs 522 New Engineers - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / TCN Employs 522 New Engineers (9351 Views)

FG Employs Ocholi's Son, Gives Others Scholarship / New Peak Power Generation Record Of 4883.9MW - TCN / Fayose Employs 10 Physically-Challenged & Gives Out 35 Wheelchairs (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TCN Employs 522 New Engineers by instinctg(m): 12:46pm On Sep 23, 2013
we are watching
Re: TCN Employs 522 New Engineers by awodman: 1:13pm On Sep 23, 2013
dgitrader:

I dont mean to burst your buble, indeed it was QUOTA SYSTEM AND NOT MERIT WAS USED. THIS IS AUTHORITATIVE. The politicians and top govt bureaucrats had their fair shares.
Burst my bubble how??..on the grounds that am a beneficiary or on the grounds that am among those in charge of the recruitment..or even that I opened and filled the whole posts in that thread??...Seems you are suffering from acute malaria
Re: TCN Employs 522 New Engineers by 9icegee: 1:16pm On Sep 23, 2013
chess guru: Men! Electrical and mechanical engineering seem 2 be the "in" thing now o!
na now Na since!!!!
Re: TCN Employs 522 New Engineers by Dsecret: 2:24pm On Sep 23, 2013
suolboy: please somebody tells me when the ministry of power did the employment cos am looking for work and have reading newspapers everyday without seeing their advert on the national dailies.
please anybody employed here should testify that this is true.
It is true my brother.The advert came out around late febuary/early march 2013 and it was all over the place.To the best of my knowledge,it was merit driven.We wrote the test around June and 2 weeks latter we were called 4 interview.There z a trend n TCN here on nairaland.check it and u'll see 4 urself.

1 Like

Re: TCN Employs 522 New Engineers by Mekyno(m): 2:45pm On Sep 23, 2013
chess guru: Men! Electrical and mechanical engineering seem 2 be the "in" thing now o!
b4 nko, u no no. It haz always bn n wil eva bn. It is an engrg-techno foundation dat can nt b shaken. Mechatronics is its baptismal name in dis modern era.
Re: TCN Employs 522 New Engineers by Mekyno(m): 2:46pm On Sep 23, 2013
b4 nko, u no no. It haz always bn n wil eva be. It is an engrg-techno foundation dat can nt b shaken. Mechatronics is its baptismal name in dis modern era.
b4 nko, u no no. It haz always bn n wil eva be. It is an engrg-techno foundation dat can nt b shaken. Mechatronics is its baptismal name in dis modern era.
Re: TCN Employs 522 New Engineers by Mekyno(m): 2:47pm On Sep 23, 2013
Re: TCN Employs 522 New Engineers by Mekyno(m): 2:52pm On Sep 23, 2013
Congrats to d ppl dat made it. Dey needed n aactually employed mech. Engr guys, bt mech engrg. waz nt in d advert. Only elect/electronics n civil. God help us
Re: TCN Employs 522 New Engineers by kolmart: 3:27pm On Sep 23, 2013
The more they recruit the more the black out continue

1 Like

Re: TCN Employs 522 New Engineers by dustydee: 6:39pm On Sep 23, 2013
Onlytruth: since this company is involved in a very critical strategic national development sector, I hope that the engineers were picked BY MERIT not by some stupid quota system. I sincerely hope so!

Nigeria's problem in these types of sectors is not lack of skilled manpower or talent, but the evil of quota system.

HIRE THE BEST NIGERIANS.
What is your understanding of merit and quota system? A lot of people misunderstand the quota system. As long as they are qualified for the job, there should be no problem with quota system.
Re: TCN Employs 522 New Engineers by ayobase(m): 10:15pm On Sep 23, 2013
Capt. JH Miller:
it is true, I am a corper with TCN, I don't know about the number though.

The guys they hired are mostly under some sort of training at the TCN, its a 1 year long training, so this recent set was luck they just absorbed them.

I have two friends there now...CONGRATS again!

Yeah, one year training with NAPTIN, and they are gonna be sponsored and with monthly basic salary!
Re: TCN Employs 522 New Engineers by GeneralShepherd(m): 8:08am On Sep 24, 2013
husu: Gents, i wrote this test and i wrote very well in Enugu center. With my over 7yrs experience, COREN certification and other certifications. I was not called up for the job. Those men were corrupt from the first day of the exam. They have shared the slots among themselves. But God dey!
True I second that
Re: TCN Employs 522 New Engineers by Tomoarika(m): 4:18am On Sep 25, 2013
awodman:

If you have got the time go through this thread for first hand testimony from nairalanders who are amongst those recruited

www.nairaland.com/1236759/transmission-company-nigeria-tcn

Hello.
I'm one of the 522 recently employed engineers in TCN. The recruitment was conducted by external consultants not by Govt directly. Yes the quota system was used (if it isn't used, some educationally-challenged zone will complain of marginalisation) and to be best of MY KNOWLEDGE merit was then used.
I do not know anyone in Govt before someone accuses me of being a beneficiary of godfatherism.
And I hope there will be an conducive environment for d new system to succeed (hence d massive clear-out with good pay-off package) cos I don't want to be part of failure.
So abeg pray for us new guys going there for us to succeed in dis massive task. Cos let's face it, stable electricity supply is for everyone's benefit, no need to play d political card here, it shdn't be a privilege but a bare necessity in d modern age.
Regards

2 Likes

Re: TCN Employs 522 New Engineers by awodman: 7:12am On Sep 25, 2013
Tomoarika:

Hello.
I'm one of the 522 recently employed engineers in TCN. The recruitment was conducted by external consultants not by Govt directly. Yes the quota system was used (if it isn't used, some educationally-challenged zone will complain of marginalisation) and to be best of MY KNOWLEDGE merit was then used.
I do not know anyone in Govt before someone accuses me of being a beneficiary of godfatherism.
And I hope there will be an conducive environment for d new system to succeed (hence d massive clear-out with good pay-off package) cos I don't want to be part of failure.
So abeg pray for us new guys going there for us to succeed in dis massive task. Cos let's face it, stable electricity supply is for everyone's benefit, no need to play d political card here, it shdn't be a privilege but a bare necessity in d modern age.
Regards
Congratulations brother,thanks for sharing with us the selection process..I hope you guys have already started training at NAPTIN
I hope those whinning and complaining of foul play will get to see your post...Congrats once more

1 Like

Re: TCN Employs 522 New Engineers by Danhumprey: 7:18am On Sep 25, 2013
All we are saying is hire the best hands for the jobs,no matter which part of the country they come from,so long as they have got the experience! We don't want lazy,workers without much knowledge of the job,otherwise,they would run the company down!
Re: TCN Employs 522 New Engineers by jpphilips(m): 8:31am On Sep 25, 2013
dustydee:
What is your understanding of merit and quota system? A lot of people misunderstand the quota system. As long as they are qualified for the job, there should be no problem with quota system.

you seem not to understand how the quota system works in reality
Re: TCN Employs 522 New Engineers by Uzilla: 10:56am On Sep 25, 2013
Why do we complain about everything in Nigeria. How is Quota system a problem? Even the US uses Racial Quota system in anything they do (latinos, hispanics, blacks, etc). I dnt see how it affects merit or no merit. I think we need to criticize constructively and always try to get a good side of a new development. Employing 522(Note that atleast 23people rejected the offer) from all zones in Nigeria through a "relatively tough" process and sending them on a one year training, i think, is a good one. Just one out of 18companies, and more still to come. Let's hope the power sector would be revitalized. let's hope alot of other sectors would also be visited, hence, more job creation
Re: TCN Employs 522 New Engineers by esuabassey(m): 12:36pm On Sep 25, 2013
Tomoarika:

Hello.
Regards
To the Glory of the almighty God, I'm also one of the 522 recently employed engineers in TCN. I was also accused of being a beneficiary of godfatherism..... The Testimony here is dat, I made God almighty my Godfather, prayers and fasting was the d bribe I paid..... To some of u that r still doubting, dis recruitment was based on MERRIT.... Dats all I can say for now......
Re: TCN Employs 522 New Engineers by DerideGull(m): 2:02pm On Sep 25, 2013
@Tomoarika & esuabassey

I say congratulations to both. Please do you have any idea about your job descriptions?

1 Like

Re: TCN Employs 522 New Engineers by esuabassey(m): 3:17pm On Sep 25, 2013
DerideGull: @Tomoarika & esuabassey

I say congratulations to both. Please do you have any idea about your job descriptions?
ok from d job advert, dis was d job description "Responsible for Design, installation, maintenance,
repairs, operating and performance, monitoring of
High Voltage equipment and accessories". But I tink after the Training with NAPTIN, d real job description will b assign to us....... ⌣̶·̵̭̌·̵̭̌✽̤̈̊ŧђɑ̤̥̈̊п̥̥̲̣̣̣kƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇✽̤̈̊·̵̭̌·̵̶̭̌~
Re: TCN Employs 522 New Engineers by esuabassey(m): 3:36pm On Sep 25, 2013
husu: Gents, i wrote this test and i wrote very well in Enugu center. With my over 7yrs experience, COREN certification and other certifications. I was not called up for the job. Those men were corrupt from the first day of the exam. They have shared the slots among themselves. But God dey!
My broda, I tink u should go to church and pray to God, and ask Him why you were not chosen...... If you continue with this mentality of "They have shared the slots among themselves", you might nt be employed.... God forbid!.... Note: I'm a living witness..... I had nobody to speak for me if such thing was there, but I have God....
Re: TCN Employs 522 New Engineers by esuabassey(m): 3:44pm On Sep 25, 2013
My broda, I can't leave u lik dat..... Do u believe in God's Favor, When the favor of God is upon you, ur certificates and years of experience will not matter if u have or not..... So I tink, u should nt be so proud of ur certificates or experiences, rada go on ur kneels n pray to God. Tell Him 'Oh Lord! when pple r sitting, U should Stand, and wen pple r standing, u should stand out'.... Dis should b ur prayers from now ends forth.... And God will hlp u In Jesus name.... Amen.

1 Like

Re: TCN Employs 522 New Engineers by Arysexy(m): 5:08pm On Sep 25, 2013
Am also a beneficiary from south east zone, threre was quota system 84 engrs per zone, anambra alone has 78 candidates dat came for d oral interview after scaling d south east written test dat had more dan 3000 engrs.

The 84 engrs per zone wia selected based on merit, but they added 18 engrs from some top placed nigerians to make up d 522 engr. After d training at NAPTIN those that perform we'll during d training wil be posted out to man d backbone of power which is transmission, am leaving a well paying job to take up this challenge bc of d prospect I see in it. 23engrs rejected d offer anyway.
Re: TCN Employs 522 New Engineers by dustydee: 9:18am On Sep 28, 2013
jp philips:

you seem not to understand how the quota system works in reality

Educate me, please.
Re: TCN Employs 522 New Engineers by esuabassey(m): 12:20pm On Nov 04, 2013
Hey!!!...
Re: TCN Employs 522 New Engineers by awodman: 2:56pm On Nov 04, 2013
esuabassey: Hey!!!...
What's up?...how is the training at NAPTIN going

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ondo State Speaker, Deputy Impeached Over Gross Misconduct / 2023 Presidency Sets South East Against South West / This Is How Nigeria Will Become In The Future

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.