Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,413 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:47 PM

Your Brain Is A Wonder - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Your Brain Is A Wonder (567 Views)

...Puns to get your brain juices flowing........(photos) / London's Boy Wonder. / How To Train Your Brain To Be Smarter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Your Brain Is A Wonder by KOPHO125: 9:52pm On Sep 22, 2013
Many of us don’t know what we carry. Maybe you don’t even know that your brain is a WONDER. Please, kindly spare 5 minutes of your time to take a look at how much you can operate in the realm of excellence if you make proper use of this amazing creature called THE HUMAN BRAIN. Shortly before that, let’s see how powerful our brains are.
The human brain has over 100 billion cells and connections; an average of 60,000 thoughts is generated by it every day. It’s incredible to know that 20-30% of all the calories we eat are utilized by the brain. Little wonder it continues to grow throughout life. Unlike computers, our brains have unlimited capacity to store information; you can’t measure it in Gigabytes or Terabytes. Why would God give us such a complex organ system unless He expects us to use it?
It’s therefore very shocking to hear you say “I CAN’T”. “I can’t do this or I can’t do that”. Why on earth should you think that you can’t achieve some feats or even get to some heights in life when you have such an amazing creature in your head? Then, you are growing lean even in the midst of plenty. Your brain belongs to you, it’s your property; don’t let it shrink to death while you are still living. That will be a huge disaster! You know why? It’s because so many lives are dependent on you. If you fail, they have failed. Lest I forget, I must inform you that your brain can be rewired. But, no one can do it for you other than yourself. How? You can change and re-arrange your neural networks (basis of reasoning) by subjecting it to frequent mental exercise via reading, creation of ideas and solutions, learning of new skills and languages. It means if you are performing below expectations in any area of your life, you can turn the situation around and do better. It’s not late for you to carry out repairs and be an all-round success. Give it a shot! I’m sure you won’t regret it.
In every area of your life, you must strive to be the best of your kind. There are over 7 billion people on the surface of the earth. Yet, there is nobody that has the exact features as you; no one smiles the way you do; no one has the exact type of your fingerprint. It shows how unique you are. Should this unique ‘INCREDIBLE YOU’ go into extinction without benefiting humanity? If your answer to this question is NO. Then, you must have a deep reflection and think of how the ‘AMAZING YOU’ can utilize your brain maximally and be the change agent that NIGERIA and the AFRICA continent have been waiting for. As a citizen of the GOLDEN NIGERIA, you must not settle for mediocrity.
Please, have this at the back of your mind. Too much stress overloads the brain with powerful hormones that are intended only for short-term duty in emergency situations. Their cumulative effects cause damages and therefore kill brain cells. Rome was not built in a day; endeavour to live a stress-free life in the course of making the best out of your life. The more you rest, the more refreshed you are!
TAKE HOME POINT:
1. How much have you utilized this amazing creature that God has planted in you?
2. Are you ready to further make use of your brain to make Nigeria and the world a better place?
@kofoogbam kennydamola@yahoo.com

http://kennydamola.

(1) (Reply)

Quotes On Writing From Some Of The Greats... / Health-related Idioms / Impossible Is Nothing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.