Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,942 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:19 AM

I’ve Sold 30 Stolen Vehicles – Engineer - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I’ve Sold 30 Stolen Vehicles – Engineer (12683 Views)

Photos Of Specially Made Armored Patrol Vehicles Proudly Crafted In Nigeria / How Do You Guard Against Buying Stolen Vehicles? / Check For Stolen Vehicles On This Site By Nigerian Police Force (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’ve Sold 30 Stolen Vehicles – Engineer by Nobody: 4:55am On Sep 23, 2013
A self-acclaimed Building Engineer has told operatives of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad, Lagos State Police Command, that he is not an armed robber but a receiver of stolen vehicles.

The suspect, Kayode Haruna, who claimed to be a graduate of Yaba College of Technology, was alleged to have bought over 50 stolen vehicles from armed robbers at low prices after which would sell them members of the public.

The spokesperson for the state police command, Ngozi Braide, told PUNCH Metro that the suspect advised the robbers to snatch unregistered vehicles coming into the country at the border.

She said because the vehicles were not registered, they were difficult to trace and the suspect would sell them to members of the public.

She said, “A gang of robbers were arrested last year and they confessed that their modus operandi was to snatch vehicles from people bringing in vehicles from Cotonou, Benin Republic. They would then sell the stolen vehicles to Haruna.

“Based on their confession, police began to search for Haruna. After months of investigation, he was arrested and he will be charged to court for receiving stolen goods.”

The 40-year-old suspect, however, told PUNCH Metro that he had sold only 30 vehicles as against the over 50 the police alleged.

The native of Kwara State said when he initially started dealing with the robbers, he did not know that the vehicles were stolen.

He added that when he later knew that the vehicles were stolen, he continued the business relationship because “the devil tempted” him to continue.

He said, “I was working at a construction site one day when one of my boys, Sola, gave me the telephone number of Stanley, whom he said was a customs officer that sold vehicles at very cheap prices. I met with Stanley, Ejike and Dada and they gave me very good prices. So, we started doing business.

“Most times, they called me with different telephone numbers and we met at different hotels in Egbeda, Mile 12 areas, Lagos, or the Mowe area of Ogun State.

I always paid cash and they handed over the vehicles to me. They told me the vehicles were impounded vehicles, so I did not suspect anything initially.

“On one occasion, however, they sold to me a blood-stained vehicle. This was when I started to suspect that they were armed robbers. I would have stopped dealing with them but the devil pushed me to continue to do business with them.”

When asked how much he usually bought and sold the vehicles, the father of four said, “I have bought and sold only 30 vehicles. I usually sell Toyota Camry, Toyota Corolla and Toyota Highlander because the demand for the vehicles is high.

“The market price for Toyota Highlander is about N2.2m but I buy it at N1m. I buy Toyota Camry 2010 model for N1.5m and I sell it for N2.4m. The Toyota Camry I am currently driving, I bought it at N350,000.”

http://www.punchng.com/metro/ive-sold-only-30-stolen-vehicles-engineer/

1 Like

Re: I’ve Sold 30 Stolen Vehicles – Engineer by nekaa(f): 5:54am On Sep 23, 2013
Lets pardon him, until he has sold up to 50 cars..:|

6 Likes

Re: I’ve Sold 30 Stolen Vehicles – Engineer by JUO(m): 8:31am On Sep 23, 2013
oluwa!

1 Like

Re: I’ve Sold 30 Stolen Vehicles – Engineer by dgitrader(m): 11:29am On Sep 23, 2013
Lord have mercy shocked shocked shocked
Re: I’ve Sold 30 Stolen Vehicles – Engineer by 4reigningqueen: 3:11pm On Sep 23, 2013
End shall never wonder!
***claps hands 3 times***

join me, lets celebrate our hero by posting your favorite pics of him.

www.nairaland.com/1431091/celebrating-hero-john-obi-mikel
Re: I’ve Sold 30 Stolen Vehicles – Engineer by MrAboki: 3:13pm On Sep 23, 2013
Wow!!!

Ehn try!
Re: I’ve Sold 30 Stolen Vehicles – Engineer by kokoye(m): 3:14pm On Sep 23, 2013
He's doing his part to help the economy....no be so?
Re: I’ve Sold 30 Stolen Vehicles – Engineer by nomso27(m): 3:14pm On Sep 23, 2013
Hmmm.

*End Time Things*
Re: I’ve Sold 30 Stolen Vehicles – Engineer by afamjb: 3:19pm On Sep 23, 2013
abeg me sef need car.........do u have cheap car for sale?

1 Like

Re: I’ve Sold 30 Stolen Vehicles – Engineer by Osinachi101(m): 3:21pm On Sep 23, 2013
nekaa: Lets pardon him, until he has sold up to 50 cars..:|
grin grin. LMAO!He shldnt wori he'll receive amnesty frm gej since its not up to 50 yet

2 Likes

Re: I’ve Sold 30 Stolen Vehicles – Engineer by russianmob27: 3:27pm On Sep 23, 2013
x
Re: I’ve Sold 30 Stolen Vehicles – Engineer by russianmob27: 3:27pm On Sep 23, 2013
b
Re: I’ve Sold 30 Stolen Vehicles – Engineer by Nobody: 3:28pm On Sep 23, 2013
Hmmm...Are U sure d suspect kayode didn't sell any car in Nairaland Auto Section?:-/

4 Likes

Re: I’ve Sold 30 Stolen Vehicles – Engineer by Lovetinz(m): 3:35pm On Sep 23, 2013
He actually saw bloodstains!
He knew it was human blood!
Stolen cars!
My heart goes to the dead victims
that the greed of this despicable example of inhumanity personified's greed
must have sent to the great beyond.
The devil must be waiting for his soul.

2 Likes

Re: I’ve Sold 30 Stolen Vehicles – Engineer by Big4wig(m): 3:36pm On Sep 23, 2013
Clap for ur self

1 Like

Re: I’ve Sold 30 Stolen Vehicles – Engineer by Nobody: 3:37pm On Sep 23, 2013
angry
nomso27: Hmmm.

*End Time Things*
What is end time about this? Or is it of recent that people started stealing and selling stolen properties? undecided

2 Likes

Re: I’ve Sold 30 Stolen Vehicles – Engineer by marley145: 3:38pm On Sep 23, 2013
Am even confused o,did he meant 30,000 cars sold?
Re: I’ve Sold 30 Stolen Vehicles – Engineer by alaoeri: 3:40pm On Sep 23, 2013
My Yoruba brother but why now?

1 Like

Re: I’ve Sold 30 Stolen Vehicles – Engineer by born2boink(m): 3:43pm On Sep 23, 2013
Mix-up in write up.

How could someone didn't know they were arm robbers at first when they present themselves as custom officers and they also claimed he was the one that told them to be stealing unregistered vehicle,........

If they could claimed custom office at first, it simple means theyy have been stolen unregistered vehicle from start and if the engineer also could told them to be stealing unregistered, he has been a perfect thief and provided beenn aan engineer, he is a product of mechanic related course, check him well

1 Like

Re: I’ve Sold 30 Stolen Vehicles – Engineer by blidz2(m): 3:46pm On Sep 23, 2013
@ OP what is ur modus operandi...?
Re: I’ve Sold 30 Stolen Vehicles – Engineer by Ayomax(m): 3:47pm On Sep 23, 2013
u go fear naija guys. boiz are not smiling
Re: I’ve Sold 30 Stolen Vehicles – Engineer by AbuMikey(m): 3:49pm On Sep 23, 2013
Badoo Oshi! cheesy
Re: I’ve Sold 30 Stolen Vehicles – Engineer by swedbase(m): 3:51pm On Sep 23, 2013
Yorubas and criminality.............

11 Likes

Re: I’ve Sold 30 Stolen Vehicles – Engineer by Burger01(m): 3:51pm On Sep 23, 2013
Damn!! Na devil dey take all the blames of bad doings. I pity this devil. He must have been tired now..

sad
Re: I’ve Sold 30 Stolen Vehicles – Engineer by blidz2(m): 3:52pm On Sep 23, 2013
born2fuck: Mix-up in write up.

How could someone didn't know they were arm robbers at first when they present themselves as custom officers and they also claimed he was the one that told them to be stealing unregistered vehicle,........

If they could claimed custom office at first, it simple means theyy have been stolen unregistered vehicle from start and if the engineer also could told them to be stealing unregistered, he has been a perfect thief and provided beenn aan engineer, he is a product of mechanic related course, check him well
@born2fuck stop murdering english language

3 Likes

Re: I’ve Sold 30 Stolen Vehicles – Engineer by Burger01(m): 3:53pm On Sep 23, 2013
DP
Re: I’ve Sold 30 Stolen Vehicles – Engineer by datmix(m): 3:56pm On Sep 23, 2013
I am sure he probably bought my stolen Toyota Camry.... To hell to this fucker
Re: I’ve Sold 30 Stolen Vehicles – Engineer by IAMBREEZY: 3:59pm On Sep 23, 2013
Chai badman tinz
Re: I’ve Sold 30 Stolen Vehicles – Engineer by Nobody: 4:01pm On Sep 23, 2013
swedbase: Yorubas and criminality.............
Not again sad sad// Don't go tribal on this, mbok.

4 Likes

Re: I’ve Sold 30 Stolen Vehicles – Engineer by a29truth(m): 4:06pm On Sep 23, 2013
Too bad

1 Like

Re: I’ve Sold 30 Stolen Vehicles – Engineer by olatiler(m): 4:10pm On Sep 23, 2013
alaoeri: My Yoruba brother but why now?
swedbase: Yorubas and criminality.............

Man!!!!!! u really fall my hand was IGBO brothers Not involve on this business or don't u read to ware Stanley and Ejike plus Dada was been mention abi ur name be Jonadullllllll
I only pity those that lost their life to all this animal May their Soul rest in peace while this Motherfucker rust in Hell of prison not ordinary prison and whose ever will grant them Amnesty will die b4 announcing it

2 Likes

Re: I’ve Sold 30 Stolen Vehicles – Engineer by sanandreas(m): 4:10pm On Sep 23, 2013
blood stains. My hrt felt sympathy to the victims. auto section hmm my mind is telling me dat some do come there to sell

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Buying A Car A True Sign Of Success? / Beautify Your Car Rim With This FINE RIM DECORATOR (4000: red,blue,white,black.) / Convert Right Hand Drive Truck To Left Hand Drive (urgent)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.