Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,074 members, 7,814,723 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:18 PM

Check For Stolen Vehicles On This Site By Nigerian Police Force - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Check For Stolen Vehicles On This Site By Nigerian Police Force (15836 Views)

I’ve Sold 30 Stolen Vehicles – Engineer / How To Check For Tyres Expiry Date / TRACK & MONITOR YOUR VEHICLES ON THE WEB... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Check For Stolen Vehicles On This Site By Nigerian Police Force by usbcable(m): 1:31am On Sep 18, 2011
Just came across this site by the NPF(Nigerian Police Force)
its meant to assist with the tracking and verification of stolen vehicles within Nigeria.
Its also a good resource for other vehicle related activities

http://www.policevrp.com/secure/home.php

This is a good initiative from the Nigerian Police Force

1 Like

Re: Check For Stolen Vehicles On This Site By Nigerian Police Force by usbcable(m): 1:34am On Sep 18, 2011
I think its also good we register our cars as another preventive measure for it to be sold in case of theft

I only hope the site is very functional and will remain so till thy kingdom come trusting the Nigerian Police Character grin
Re: Check For Stolen Vehicles On This Site By Nigerian Police Force by seedord247(m): 1:22am On Sep 19, 2011
who dey still the car's before?

1 Like

Re: Check For Stolen Vehicles On This Site By Nigerian Police Force by Nobody: 2:06am On Sep 19, 2011
mmhh, good idea, seems the head man wants change! just bad omen before but with time i pray thee
Re: Check For Stolen Vehicles On This Site By Nigerian Police Force by frenchman2: 2:14am On Sep 19, 2011
going through the site, 2things are not clear to me.
1. 80% of the vehicles listed on the site as stolen are toyotas
2. the phone number you're to send your stolen vehicles' details to looks british (+44)
any explanation to that.
Give tip off to recover a vehicle and get rewarded, I won't dare
Re: Check For Stolen Vehicles On This Site By Nigerian Police Force by member479760: 2:24am On Sep 19, 2011
Nothing straight here!
Re: Check For Stolen Vehicles On This Site By Nigerian Police Force by Exponental(m): 3:58am On Sep 19, 2011
Love ds.
A good move dat needs to be televised. I hope dre is a database linking all stations. Ds will discourage car theft.
Re: Check For Stolen Vehicles On This Site By Nigerian Police Force by LAX89(m): 4:52am On Sep 19, 2011
How much be de "I no follow", when you report/give a tip-off?
Re: Check For Stolen Vehicles On This Site By Nigerian Police Force by chelseabmw(m): 5:03am On Sep 19, 2011
good innovation
Re: Check For Stolen Vehicles On This Site By Nigerian Police Force by itiswell1(m): 6:35am On Sep 19, 2011
LOL, i no see my uncle's car here o
Re: Check For Stolen Vehicles On This Site By Nigerian Police Force by gulfer: 7:08am On Sep 19, 2011
usbcable:

Just came across this site by the NPF(Nigerian Police Force)
its meant to assist with the tracking and verification of stolen vehicles within Nigeria.
Its also a good resource for other vehicle related activities

http://www.policevrp.com/secure/home.php

This is a good initiative from the Nigerian Police Force
Like all initiatives of government, well concieved but poor execution. I reported a stolen company vehicle on the site in May 2010 but discovered later it disappeared from the log. The site also allows duplicated reports and no moderation is seen at work on the site. The recovered vehicles are still same from last year. What is worth doing is worth doing well at all times,

1 Like

Re: Check For Stolen Vehicles On This Site By Nigerian Police Force by chiefooooo: 8:21am On Sep 19, 2011
Okay, let's see how far this will change our world
Re: Check For Stolen Vehicles On This Site By Nigerian Police Force by werepeLeri: 8:31am On Sep 19, 2011
why do we always think we know better than others who initiates stuffs?
Re: Check For Stolen Vehicles On This Site By Nigerian Police Force by obailala(m): 8:32am On Sep 19, 2011
Why are Nigerian websites always wack?  cry cry
Re: Check For Stolen Vehicles On This Site By Nigerian Police Force by werepeLeri: 8:32am On Sep 19, 2011
Whats wack in the website? LOL

Lets see what you have made.
Re: Check For Stolen Vehicles On This Site By Nigerian Police Force by r231(m): 9:03am On Sep 19, 2011
frenchman2:

going through the site, 2things are not clear to me.
1. 80% of the vehicles listed on the site as stolen are toyotas
2. the phone number you're to send your stolen vehicles' details to looks british (+44)
any explanation to that.

Give tip off to recover a vehicle and get rewarded, I won't dare

True undecided undecided
Re: Check For Stolen Vehicles On This Site By Nigerian Police Force by obailala(m): 9:17am On Sep 19, 2011
werepeLeri:

Whats wack in the website? LOL

Lets see what you have made.

I'm not a website designer so I wouldn't make a website. simple!
Re: Check For Stolen Vehicles On This Site By Nigerian Police Force by leumas2009: 9:31am On Sep 19, 2011
While i commend this effort, how do the nigerian police ensure that details entered is correct.

What stop me from entry whacky data into the system?
Re: Check For Stolen Vehicles On This Site By Nigerian Police Force by werepeLeri: 9:58am On Sep 19, 2011
leumas2009:

While i commend this effort, how do the nigerian police ensure that details entered is correct.

What stop me from entry whacky data into the system?

That can happen anywhere- it only means sensible people will go there when needed. Not only a problem of the Nigerian police but police everywhere.
Re: Check For Stolen Vehicles On This Site By Nigerian Police Force by basadenet: 10:41am On Sep 19, 2011
A welcome development from the Police. they should keep it up.
Re: Check For Stolen Vehicles On This Site By Nigerian Police Force by gulfer: 10:50am On Sep 19, 2011
werepeLeri:

That can happen anywhere- it only means sensible people will go there when needed. Not only a problem of the Nigerian police but police everywhere.
A system such as this requires a steward. If not monitored, things will not work as intended or haven't you checked the recovered vehicle tab; same vehicles from 2009/2010. you might want to ask what the ROI of the unsupervised/unadminstered portal is in terms of how much was used to set it up.

1 Like

Re: Check For Stolen Vehicles On This Site By Nigerian Police Force by buzcenter: 11:16am On Sep 19, 2011
nigeria is stepping up i guess.
Re: Check For Stolen Vehicles On This Site By Nigerian Police Force by werepeLeri: 11:28am On Sep 19, 2011
gulfer:

A system such as this requires a steward. If not monitored, things will not work as intended or haven't you checked the recovered vehicle tab; same vehicles from 2009/2010. you might want to ask what the ROI of the unsupervised/unadminstered portal is in terms of how much was used to set it up.

What is my business with how much it was used to set it up? I am not EFCC.

A vehicle once recovered, remains a recovered vehicle, even in 1000 years after.

whats your point here?
Re: Check For Stolen Vehicles On This Site By Nigerian Police Force by jidewin(m): 11:40am On Sep 19, 2011
@frenchman

Toyota is the most stolen vehicle in Nigeria and USA cos of its ready market value and likewise economized fuel consumption.An average Toyota Camry (pencil light) valued at N850k-N1.1M when stolen can be sold for N200k by the robber and immediate buyer can sought for within 1 hour.There is ready market for Toyota products.Therefore if you have a Toyota car(s),get a security and tracking device installed fast.
Re: Check For Stolen Vehicles On This Site By Nigerian Police Force by fito: 11:56am On Sep 19, 2011
Thanks for all your comment and commendation on this initiative of the Nigeria Police Force. We are currently repackaging the portal and we will fully relaunch the portal by 1st October 2011.
Re: Check For Stolen Vehicles On This Site By Nigerian Police Force by usbcable(m): 12:03pm On Sep 19, 2011
it is well:

LOL, i no see my uncle's car here o
I think you are the one to upload it there, although it would have been better if there was an admin for the site form the NPF themselves.
fito:

Thanks for all your comment and commendation on this initiative of the Nigeria Police Force. We are currently repackaging the portal and we will fully relaunch the portal by 1st October 2011.

is thisfor real? or just another poster pranking around?
Re: Check For Stolen Vehicles On This Site By Nigerian Police Force by MMM2(m): 12:16pm On Sep 19, 2011
waste of time
Re: Check For Stolen Vehicles On This Site By Nigerian Police Force by gulfer: 12:19pm On Sep 19, 2011
werepeLeri:

What is my business with how much it was used to set it up? I am not EFCC.

A vehicle once recovered, remains a recovered vehicle, even in 1000 years after.

whats your point here?
My point remains that for a system to be effective, it needs a steward to ensure its integrity. On ROI, are you saying you spend your resources without seeing its result?
Re: Check For Stolen Vehicles On This Site By Nigerian Police Force by omanzo02: 1:07pm On Sep 19, 2011
I noticed all to recovered stolen vehicles are all in the north, does that means the north have overtaken the south in vehicle snatching or theft? grin grin grin grin lol
Re: Check For Stolen Vehicles On This Site By Nigerian Police Force by omanzo02: 1:12pm On Sep 19, 2011
fito:

U think someone in here will grease your hand for this initiative?, man go hold a roadblock else u will starve. grin grin
Re: Check For Stolen Vehicles On This Site By Nigerian Police Force by goggs(m): 2:05pm On Sep 19, 2011
fito:

if you are truely involved, i will like to say well done. Its a good initiative. You need to man the on a full time basis ie managing the flow of information regularly and you also need to make people aware that the site exist. Also, a system where by recovered cars can be taken off the site quickly to avoid it being clogged.
Re: Check For Stolen Vehicles On This Site By Nigerian Police Force by fito: 2:39pm On Sep 19, 2011
omanzo02:

I noticed all to recovered stolen vehicles are all in the north, does that means the north have overtaken the south in vehicle snatching or theft? grin grin grin grin lol
We are still uploading recovered vehicles from the south into the portal, but have to suspend it becuase of the ongoing update on the site.

You have to upload information about the stolen vehicle yourself, even after you have made a report in the police station.
goggs:

if you are truely involved, i will like to say well done. Its a good initiative. You need to man the on a full time basis ie managing the flow of information regularly and you also need to make people aware that the site exist. Also, a system where by recovered cars can be taken off the site quickly to avoid it being clogged.
This is one of the updates to the site, recovered vehicles are removed from the site automatically after some time, but visitors can still search the secure end to check for it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

thread closed. / Driving With Or Without Shoes / PAN Introduces Chery Tiggo8 At Kaduna Trade fair

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.