Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,581 members, 7,820,101 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:41 AM

Why Are African Restaurants Not As Popular As Asian Restaurants? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Why Are African Restaurants Not As Popular As Asian Restaurants? (968 Views)

8 Best Chinese Restaurants In Abuja / Why Is Nigerian Food Not As Popular As Chinese? / Nigerian Restaurants In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are African Restaurants Not As Popular As Asian Restaurants? by garri4all: 10:52am On Sep 23, 2013
This is just something that I have noticed. In Western countries, Asian restaurants are very popular but you'll hardly see an African restaurant. Even when you see one, the people there are mostly Africans and this is why they are not familiar with the African cuisine.
The Arabs are very famous for their kebabs, if they have small money like this next thing na to open kebab kiosk/shop.
Re: Why Are African Restaurants Not As Popular As Asian Restaurants? by garri4all: 10:18pm On Sep 23, 2013
16 views and no comments?
Common guyz, you can do better
Re: Why Are African Restaurants Not As Popular As Asian Restaurants? by Bluemoon1(f): 11:47am On Sep 24, 2013
Its probably because most people that aren't African find African food smell irritating because they aren't used to it. Asian food has milder smell to most people. Anytime i cook soup with stock fish in my dormitory, the white girls will start squeezing face like mess. Wetin concern me? lol

1 Like

Re: Why Are African Restaurants Not As Popular As Asian Restaurants? by Nobody: 12:09pm On Sep 24, 2013
Tell the African restaurants to reduce the amount of pepper that they put in their foods. Their ministry will increase small. tongue

I also agree with the post above. Our foods tend to have
a strong smell, which sometimes isn't "pleasant".
Re: Why Are African Restaurants Not As Popular As Asian Restaurants? by Nobody: 4:15am On Sep 29, 2013
Cost of importing the food grin
Re: Why Are African Restaurants Not As Popular As Asian Restaurants? by OmoAlata1(f): 12:23pm On Sep 29, 2013
African restaurants are a hit and miss. They lack consistency. One day, the food'll taste so good that you'll want a second plate. Next time you go, you have to struggle to finish your food cos it is lacking in the taste dept. following day, you'll get the opposite and so on and so forth.

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Stop My Hand From Hurting Me? / Dont Let Her Steal Your Husband/boyfriend, Order Correct Soup / Is Orgin Really Bad?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.